[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so bad about NAFTA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: nafta.png (28 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
nafta.png
28 KB, 200x164
What's so bad about NAFTA?
>>
>>80892177
jews
>>
>>80892177
Nothing, as long as you have 1 million dollars or are a poor illegal immigrant.
>>
The sweatshop country butting in
>>
>>80892177
It was bad in the beginning cause usa claimed to trade with us But instead ditched us for China ; in todays time us is trading again with us and its all chill
>>
>>80892177
All our factories moved to Mexico
>>
>>80892177
mexico
>>
America and Canada's manufacturing, farming and other industries moved to Mexico because it's a Tax Haven
>>
From our perspective:
Manufacturing jobs leave for Mexico. The provinces with a strong manufacturing sector have been hit hard.
Under NAFTA, foreign companies can sue the government, which has wasted a ton of money on court cases, even if we win. By the way, no case against the US has ever been won by either Canadian or Mexican companies.

NAFTA is basically TPP/TTIP lite.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>80892432
>>80892605
>>80892773

But the American economy didn't seem to worsen. I mean, NAFTA went into full effect in 1994, and the US economy was in good shape till 2008.

And I don't reckon NAFTA being a cause of the 2008 crisis.
>>
Free trade among different countries is bad. Different countries have different regulations. If, for example, the United States can no longer frack but Mexico can, trade between the United States and Mexico will mean that business will go to Mexico.

To change this, we need to do one of two things. Allow fracking or increase tariffs.

The former isn't going to get through Congress without democrats getting angry and the latter is impossible with free trade
>>
>aren't sweatshops, slave labor, and deindustrialization worth it if you can get a plunger for 90cents?

it's nakedly been a transfer of wealth from the American middle class to the Mexican underclass, but hey pay no mind to that, check out these cheap socks!

Bourgeoisie elites will always prefer slaves to an uppity middle class with a sense of self-worth.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.