[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday I said I'd reboot the previous thread at 9 PM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 2.png (827 KB, 2000x1457) Image search: [Google]
2.png
827 KB, 2000x1457
Yesterday I said I'd reboot the previous thread at 9 PM GMT+1 BST, so here I am.

In this thread, we'll discuss the revival of nationalism, both in & outside of Portugal, in a fashion that takes social variables into account, in hopes of producing a sustainable nationalist presence in the portuguese noosphere, preferably one which isn't merely invoked by football-borne euphoria.

We'll discuss ways to approach this idea, devising a set of goals & directives which we're to follow in our pursuit.

If anything does come out of this thread other than "muuh autismos," which I'm sure the eternal nobodies will chant.
>>
>>80878761
.. , we'll make strives in favor of popularizing nationalistic ideals, mainly by, slyly, pushing patrotic sentiment onto matters by producing high-quality graphic material appealing to a younger audience.
>>
>>80878761
Hey you actually did it. Nationalism has a nasty aftertaste with a lot of people though, so selling it to them in a different coat should be tried, i've liked the term patriotism better.
>>
>>80879431
I think it's a pretty bad idea to present Nationalism as it previously was. The idea of this thread is to debate ways which viabilize the ascension of a right-wing nationalist party to a position of power in a political structure. We'll have to push for a more patriotic party, developing a programme which the simple majority can buy into, and this is why we need to be socially aware. Success is nothing but a far-fetched mirage, if you wish to push for an outright nationalist party. For something of that sort to be even viable, the adequate conditions would have to be met, and they're simply not, yet, there's enough breathing space for an organized, politically aware group of right-wing-aligned people to at least start sowing the seeds that are to be reapt - sooner or later.
>>
Football is a bit gay though.
>>
>>80880154
I completely agree, but when reading nationalism i think of the old timey one. I saw some people saying in the previous thread to take over one of the right wing parties, would you think that a good idea or start anew?
>>
In what concerns the portuguese people in particular, I believe the majority of us is receptive of an idea of this like, provided it's appropriately guised, and that's why I can't stress this enough - we're to be nationalistic in a slew of aspects, but we can't harshly and thoughtlessly present ourselves in a way which acts in the detriment of our goals to begin with. We'd adapt nationalism to the modern day, and weave our rhetoric in a careful fashion.

>>80880743
I honestly think that it would be horrible to "take them over". That party is a fucking shame to Portugal and nationalism worldwide. I suppose "taking it over" would give us the privilege of a follower base to begin with, but whoever has found themselves aligned with PNR, honestly, would likely be more of a nuisance to us than an asset.

We want to gain a firm follower base, so we must present ourselves as a respectable political party. We can't oppose matters which the majority hold dear, for one. We need to be an everyday Man's party, albeit one which harnesses patriotic sentiment, paving the way to more nationalistic reforms.
>>
>>80881719
I can tell you have the ideas but you need some ten people to set all this up starting locally. Then quickly expanding across other local councils, with a recognizable candidate you can go for seats in parliament. Most people are not interested in giving up so much of their time, i hope you can find the people.
>>
>>80881719
>We can't oppose matters which the majority hold dear, for one.

This is off to a bad start.
>>
>>80884781
The road to power is paved on hypocrisy.
>>
>>80884979
If we want to become a respectable political party like Rennai said, we can't let sacred cows exist. People respect a person who is honest and empirical on matters. I agree that PNR is cancer but what the "majority holds dear" is also what powers the political establishment's merry-go-round.
>>
>>80885421
Do whatever works. Selling a sour apple can work if you show that the other parties are not selling anything better
>>
>>80885421
Then how do you circumvent the majority's social beliefs without external conditions? In Germany, you can push for anti-immigrant agendas now more than you could a few years ago (I mean this "can" in a sense that it's more feasible - people are more willing to adhere to these ideals). The idea is to gain power and then morph the party & people. Public opinion is so easy to manipulate if you have a channel through which you can convey your rhetoric. You just can't defy the almost consensual beliefs of the majority strongly without relinquishing your party's welfare. It is hypocritical, yes, but the very point is to gain enough seats in parliament to then have the power to control the mediums through which the vast majority gains their opinions, so that the way for more reforms can be paved. I don't think it's feasible to preach all-out nationalism from the very beginning. You'll act in the detriment of your party, as you're feeding the people ideas that they're reluctant to accept simply because it isn't the status quo.
>>
File: 1023px-PortugueseFlag1185.svg.png (53 KB, 1023x1024) Image search: [Google]
1023px-PortugueseFlag1185.svg.png
53 KB, 1023x1024
>The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

I wouldn't associate myself with purely right-wing ideas, my idea for a party is probably full on centrist as I'd take the good things from the left and the right. Technologically progressive, nationalistic, environmentalist, libertarian. I would take no stance on religion but at the same time I've seen what secularism does to a country like France, it is exploited by whichever religion is strongest at the time (protip: it's islam and egalitarian liberalism right after) so you need to counter-balance this with a strong national identity with roots on catholicism (which is what we like and sort of what we have currently).

An alternative to leftism is sorely needed but creating a party is no easy task. It requires tons of work to brainwash people to vote for you. Why would a grandma in the middle of nowhere in Alentejo vote for me when she never sees me on TV before her telenovelas?

Portugal has a lot of unused or even wasted potential and there is still room to grow. We have to do better in terms of economy, create more industry, reduce taxes on firms and have a more flexible labour market. We need quality, long-term tourism not mass tourism. We need to attract big capital to finance start-ups and ventures, instead of it all going to Belmiro de Azevedo. We could have a thriving tech sector will all the bright young engineers we are hemorrhaging to other countries.
>>
>>80887874
That's my ideal party as well. Personally, I'm not exclusively right-wing. I identify with a good deal of right-wing policies, but I'm also aligned with some of the left's ideals.
>>
What sort of attitude do Portuguese people have towards race and racism? Do you generally look down on blacks, Arabs etc?
>>
>>80886303
I don't believe manipulation and guile should be themes to gain the trust of voters. However your point of not being all out nationalistic is true. It's the reason why the PNR will never be successful. My opinion on the progress is this: the parliamentary seats aren't a way to unlocking the ability to influence. The persuasion has to be there from the first place, and the success of the campaign will translate to parliamentary seats which serve as a further legitimization of our rhetoric. The party needs to organize itself so it can release its own communication branches and works, have rallies, and form a positive image that will be transferred through the usual channels and start the "morphing" before one seat is even gained. Changing our image or rhetoric will lead to friction on the inside and outside, being subtle and righteous along the way will allow for a smoother revival of nationalistic thought in Portugal. The status quo is a paper tiger that falls in the face of confidence.
>>
>>80878761
>Portugal
nobody likes your language anywhere
why
>>
>>80878761
Nice initiative Pai. Im proud. Portugal will be great again.
>>
>>80891173
ó gorducho vai po caralho

>>80887874
>Technologically progressive, nationalistic, environmentalist, libertarian.

sounds great senpai
>>
>>80889944
they threw the moors out once they can do it again. Here in brazil they fucked blacks and indians. So i think they are cool with race miscegenation. And i dont feel there anything wrong with that(since im brazilian ehuehueh).
>>
>>80891758
Yeah, nothing wrong with miscegenation
>>
>>80892814
nothing wrong. if this research is right the way to make the majority of the people of the world higher is fuck until there is no skin difference. Oh god those non european british are so dumb.
>>
>>80892814
also why is the control group non adopted white couple ?
>>
OP here. This will continue, but on the weekend rather than during weekdays. I'm encumbered with work-related affairs this week, so I can't have a good grip on the thread. It's good that we're having a rather constructive exchange, so let's keep the idea rolling.
>>
File: human_skulls.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
human_skulls.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>80893838
I don't care about improving the rest of the world, the white man's burden ended with the fall of the empires. Now it's every man for himself, and I'd prefer not to contaminate a superior gene pool.

>>80893838
To test for environmental influence. If IQ were determined chiefly by nurture then we would expect black children adopted by white parents to approach parity with white children raised in the same environment. As you can see, that doesn't happen.
>>
Já o meu cão diz:
O fogo está nos partidos. A gasolina nos eleitores. A faísca nos media nacionais.

Ora como estes 3 são uma merda. A explosão é uma merda.
>>
>>80894600
Passa no ptchan. Eles dão-te ouvidos lá.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.