[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is everyone doing? I was raised Catholic and want to return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 32
File: Catholicism-Image.jpg (26 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Catholicism-Image.jpg
26 KB, 500x281
How is everyone doing?

I was raised Catholic and want to return to the Church. Does anyone have any experience with going back after a time apart?
>>
File: btfo.jpg (399 KB, 1190x1174) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
399 KB, 1190x1174
convert islam instead
>>
>>80868086
Catholicism is heresy. The jews infiltrated the catholic church long ago. Turn away.
>>
File: popesun.jpg (119 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
popesun.jpg
119 KB, 900x600
>>80868086
Catholicism is just demonic paganism dressed up as christianity.
>>
>>80868137
Take your low effort "trolling" elsewhere kiddo
>>
>>80868086
I'm doing the same. You got to attend some classes and confess. You can still attend church but can't partake of the communion until you're in a state of grace.
>>
Bump. I'm in the same boat OP. I just can't get passed how cucked Francis is
>>
File: 1460888655432.png (637 KB, 573x1552) Image search: [Google]
1460888655432.png
637 KB, 573x1552
>>80868338
Well it's not only catholicism, but also protestantism. These two are representative of the two horns of the second beast described in revelation by John, in verse 11. “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

It “spake like a dragon.” Revelation 12:9 says the dragon was “called the Devil, and Satan.” Its message is, therefore, Devilish and Satanic.

It looked “like a lamb.” The lamb is symbolic of Jesus Christ (John 1:29, 36 and Revelation 12:11; 17:14). Its appearance is, therefore, Christian.

They are jewish variations of biblical doctrine.
>>
>>80868674
All of Christianity is based off Judaism... Islam, Judaism, and Islam are Abrahamic religions and Christianity itself is basically just Judaism with a twist.
>>
File: 14654796131104.png (304 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
14654796131104.png
304 KB, 600x583
>>80868086

Become a Traditionalist Catholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZggiiP3XgKw
>>
Why are there so many Swedish posters sticking up this thread? Are they Arabs that hate Jesus?
>>
>>80868086
>American
>Catholic

kek
>>
>>80869006
Probably
>>
>>80869086
>Catholic
>not universal

Pick one Stanislaw
>>
File: 1467063375277.png (62 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1467063375277.png
62 KB, 454x453
>>80868928

This is the most reductionistic I've seen anyone be ever. Congratulations, Science man
>>
/pol/
Pray for me.
Pray for me to avoid all sin especially mortal
>>
>>80868086
Please become acquainted with the rich philosophical tradition that is our natural inheritance, and which will correct the many errors of modern philosophy that you have no doubt been influenced by.

There's a lot to go through here but it is VERY much worth it:
http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/classical-theism-roundup.html
http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/cosmological-argument-roundup.html
http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2010/05/id-versus-t-roundup.html
http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/05/rosenberg-roundup.html
>>
>>80868086
Faggot, I am masterrace, following Christian values but not believing in a man on the sky.
>>
>>80869006
First of all, arabs (who tend to be muslim) do not hate Jesus. You should be more vary about the american flags seeing as the US holds the highest jewish population on the planet aside from Israel. And you know, the "jews" aren't too big on Jesus.

I came here to actually warn you of catholicism seeing as it promotes false teachings. How about you show some gratitude instead of being an asshole?
>>
>>80868440
>until you're in a state of grace.
Buy the priest a new town car, that will fast-track your redemption.
It worked for a really sleazy owner of a Ford dealership in my town, they even made him a deacon!
>>
File: 1467801573522.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467801573522.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>80869691
>>
>>80868928
Judaism is essentially a rip-off of Yahwism. The "jews" (don't like to use that word seeing as it's a transliteration from judean, which the modern day inhabitants of Israel aren't). Yahwism goes all the way back to Adam (who was a white man, and not "jewish").
>>
File: klokov.jpg (570 KB, 788x697) Image search: [Google]
klokov.jpg
570 KB, 788x697
>>80868086
Raised Roman Catholic, rejected it a decade ago. Now I kinda want to go to the Orthodox Church
>>
>>80868137
Fuck that shit
>>
File: 1465434387957.jpg (71 KB, 588x647) Image search: [Google]
1465434387957.jpg
71 KB, 588x647
>>80870010
>>
>>80869691
Well what are you then? Orthodox? Atheist?
>>
>>80868086
Yeah. I returned as an adult (already baptized in youth, had baptism certificate, etc.).

They just make you go through these weekly meetings and rough catechism for like a year and if you stick around you're in.
>>
>>80869793
>>80870123
The Bible describes David as white. Jesus came from this lineage, consequently making him white as well. David couldn't have been a white-looking "jew" seeing as the ashkenazi didn't exist at the time.
>>
>>80870297
Christian Identity with some deviations.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 210x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 210x288
>>80869006
Papists must be purged.
>>
>>80868086

The real red pill is islam will bring about the end of feminism and bring back the secular family unit.

Christianity is cancer. Just look around at the western world.
>>
File: 1464439643258.jpg (13 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
1464439643258.jpg
13 KB, 380x250
>>80870570

Up 'till Islam you must go through Traditional Christianity my barbaric friend
>>
>>80868086
Try it. You'll never know where it can lead you.

I recently rediscovered my faith, and now I feel as though I have purpose again.

I went on a pilgrimage with my family, and I swear I felt God's presence with me. It wasn't a powerful flash of lightning that came down on me, it was a quiet voice of confidence that made me feel that what I was doing was right.

It made me fuller than anything else I've done so in my life.

Remember, the story of Christianity is one of Redemption, of the ability to be lost and found once again. No one is forever gone in the darkness if they seek to return to the light.
>>
>>80870362
/pol/ with religion is basically tumblr with genders.
>>
>>80870570
Strapping a bomb to yourself and blowing up a bus isn't red pilled. Islam has been totally corrupted by imams for their own personal goals.
>>
>>80870989
more like every human being desu
>>
>>80868086
https://www.ccel.org/ccel/alexander_a/canon.iii.v.html
>>
File: 1468108352377.jpg (365 KB, 1495x825) Image search: [Google]
1468108352377.jpg
365 KB, 1495x825
>>
File: St_Andrew.jpg (83 KB, 1088x516) Image search: [Google]
St_Andrew.jpg
83 KB, 1088x516
>>80868086

>>80868982

OP, I'd take this route. Read the Desert Fathers, Bonaventure, and other Christian mystics. Dante's Divine Comedy actually gives a clearer and better sense of the essence of the Faith than a lot of the cucked modern writings. If the normal neighborhood parish is your only option, do your best to work through it. Find a priest somewhere who acknowledges that sin is a real thing.

I'm a convert to Catholicism from being raised a nominal Presbyterian. Here are my suggestions:

Avoid getting too obsessed with the idiosyncratic 'Trad Cat' things (e.g. parish/chapel drama, endless debate about academic points that only serve to distract you from your education/professional advancement, etc.) Lead a well rounded life, always contemplate the Divine, and slowly your life mission will be executed. I would avoid any clerics/lay who try to talk you into going to seminary.

I will warn you that trad Catholics have by and large bought into the 'no race but the human race' meme. And, a goodly number of the males attracted to these chapels/oratories are decidedly beta personalities. I'm sure this varies place to place though.

I cannot recommend enough the talks of Charles Coulombe as a primer for someone getting into just what Catholicism is. Google, download, and play during road trips. You won't regret it. God bless you Anon!
>>
>>80873969
The Pope is a heretic and that itself shatters the whole idea of catholicism being the one true faith.
>>
>>80869763
Dude literally all you have to do is attend a few classes and confess to be in a state of grace. If you want to be a deacon go on with your bad self..... I don't think that's even Catholic is it?
>>
>>80868086
You'd be an arrogant moron to assume God wouldnt understand, him being all knowing and all.
Just show up again.
>>
Catholicism is anti-scriptural
>>
>>80874611
t. snake handler
>>
>>80868086
Soooo you got a rape fetish and want to be pleased once more?
>>
>>80868086
Yeah. I came back after a few years. The faith is beautiful, man. Read the Gospels. Enjoy the sacraments.
>>
>>80874611
In Europe is the opposite. Every protestant country is cucked to death.
>>
File: confederate-papist.png (110 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
confederate-papist.png
110 KB, 500x300
>>80874176

Sweden, I'm not going to defend the Arch Cuck Francis. And I'm not going to be that annoying fag who says 'Oh no it's ok because Francis didn't *teach* these heresies, he just said them [to billions of people instantly.]'

Part of the problem is that since the 16th Century, the Pope increasingly became viewed as a 'positive teacher' rather than a 'negative defender.' This was a direct response to the religious revolutions in Germany, France, and England. The Pope thus became a clear symbol of Catholicity for those who did not succumb to these new philosophies.

Quite clearly though, in the past Popes have been incorrect from time to time as they commented to countenanced hot button issues. John XXII is a good example of such.

Regarding the present situation, there is some speculation that Benediction abdication letter was defective because he appears to make the attempt at retaining some aspect of the Office. This is an impossibility: either he gave it all up or not. If that latter, he remains the valid Pope.

But I really wouldn't get tripped up on this. Yeah, it's soul crushing to have a consummate Left-wing fool in charge. Indeed, I don't have to let it affect my day to day.
>>
>>80868086
>>80868086

Yeah I do, my best advice is to have a good confessor/priest that you get along with, and to pray a lot, and not to fall into scrupulosity because that will exhaust you and possibly cause relapse. Jesus set a high standard and none of us live up to it. You can't let that make you despair. It's really important to work with a priest and not try to do everything yourself, because you can't. As for the aberrance of certain elements of "modern Catholicism", it is important to be orthodox but it is also important not to be self-righteous and divisive.

>>80873969
>I will warn you that trad Catholics have by and large bought into the 'no race but the human race' meme.

That's not a meme at all. It's one thing to believe that different races have evolved to have somewhat different characteristics mentally and physically but there is no room in Christianity for the hatred of anything besides sin and satan. There are black saints, black Catholics, and lots of good black people who aren't Catholic. There is no way to be a decent Catholic and a racist at the same time. From the very beginning of our contact with the New World, from Bartolome de las Casas, the Church has believed in the rights of all men. It's the CATHOLIC church.
>>
>>80874740
Snake handling is also opposed to a historical-grammatical reading of scripture
t Baptist Texan
>>
>>80875513

Don't be this guy. Don't be the guy who thinks he knows more about Catholicism than the Pope.
>>
File: lutheranism in Sweden.png (691 KB, 676x679) Image search: [Google]
lutheranism in Sweden.png
691 KB, 676x679
>>80875513
You need to understand Swedish insecurities. Their once-proud church is cucked without solution.
>>
>>80875513
The thing is. The pope is supposedly speaking for God. He is God's representative on Earth. This is what the catholic church teaches.

So how do you explain him being incorrect? How come two different Popes can say contradictory things? How come the Pope can say thing which aren't in accordance with scripture?

Catholicism falls flat on its face because of this. I fail to see how any reasonable person could also be a catholic, unless they are severely indoctrinated.
>>
File: ov028.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ov028.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
>>80874244

The "permanent Diaconate" is a real thing now, but it is a severe break from what a Deacon is really meant for.

tl;dr Version: A priest effects the Sacrifice. His staff of supporting clerics is supposed to help in some way to this end. Deacons originally sort of like helpers in preaching the Gospel, usually though not always not quite intellectually able enough to take on the duties of the priest.

A cleric in any case, deacon or priest, is supposed to abstain from all sexual activity. The reasons why should be obvious to red pilled /pol/ posters. Today, the brigades of permanent deacons who go on with their married state run completely against the grain of what a cleric qua cleric is.
>>
>>80870886
lmao you felt da presence of jebus!

I once did too, but now looking back on it i can tell you it was but a mere placebo effect and im 100% certain yours was too.

Even though im no longer a christian im still thinking about finding a church to go to again. Gotta find me that qt3.14 that aint a slut, and if i have too ill play along with the whole jebus is larrd thing.
>>
File: 56298365.jpg (96 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
56298365.jpg
96 KB, 500x281
>>80874344

Yup, it's as simple as this to get back into it, OP. I push reading the Christian mystics and listening to Charles Coulombe talks (as a sort of orientation) because we need to rediscover senses of imagination, wonder, and awe.
>>
>>80876114

The Pope is only infallible when he speaks ex cathedra, which has happened ~12 times (depending on your reckoning of ex cathedra) in 2,000 years. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ but he's also a mortal man with all of the infirmities of mind and body and concupiscence that we all labor under. Some of the most revered saints have had a more or less adversarial relationship with the Papacy.

It's possible for a Pope to be bad the same way it was possible, and indeed more common than not, for the High Priest of Israel to be corrupt, so God had to send prophets and etc. etc.

As for Pope Francis, people misunderstand him. He is placing a different emphasis than Benedict but nothing he has said is unorthodox. To say that homosexuals are our brothers in Christ and that we all sin, and that we should love them - that's orthodox Christianity. It is also orthodox to say that homosexuality is a grave sin against nature. Saying "we should love gay people" is not the same thing as saying "it's okay to be gay".
>>
>>80876931
What about his stance on evolution?
>>
>>80868086
I'm not a Catholic, but I recently attended some classes on important Christian thinkers.

Once you hear about Schleiermacher and how his work ended up becoming the basis for the poisoned shit-tier "progressive" Christianity you see today, you realize that this is an artificial trend and not the ACTUAL church. That actually made me feel a hell of a lot better, because I now know Christianity isn't in terminal decline. It's just been made this way, intentionally. Barth is supposed to be the counter-balance to Schleiermacher but I don't know much about him, other than his teachings completely reject the cancerous liberalism that is destroying mainline Protestantism.

The quicker churches realize they need to abandon this left-wing version of Christianity, the quicker they'll refill their congregations, because the people who are destroying our culture are the same ones pushing leftist theology. And that's really why I became an atheist in the first place. I didn't care for the prog-rock electric Jesus let's all sing about gays and recycling "Christianity" that has become politically acceptable to the Left.

Getting back to roots is almost an enlightening experience. Not just spiritually, but as a massive red-pill into just how much society is trying to destroy any resistance to the PC cause.
>>
>>80875719
Sad
>>
>>80874244
Dude- I was literally showing how corrupt and money focused the Catholic Church is! literally!

This guy was a definition of sleazy used car salesman, everybody knew it, but the Church embraced him for his "generosity' (write off).
>>
File: Views_about_homosexuality.png (77 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_homosexuality.png
77 KB, 1856x2400
>>80877212
I agree :'(
More people need to follow Christ
>>
>>80877135

What's the big deal? God works through the natural world. God worked through evolution as much as he works through gravity and gas. That's not even unique to Pope Francis. The Big Bang theory started with a Catholic priest. Gregor Mendel was a Catholic monk. The history of Catholicism and evolution is complicated and evolution was not immediately accepted but it is totally in keeping with orthodoxy that it has been.
>>
File: svezia-santa-lucia.jpg (8 KB, 220x169) Image search: [Google]
svezia-santa-lucia.jpg
8 KB, 220x169
>>80875874

Was the priest who publicly rebuked John XXII for his rather clear error 'being that guy?' What about St. Athanasius? His Pope didn't help him very much. So the 'more Catholic than the pope' meme is just that. It is borne partially out of a faulty understanding of Vatican I and the (in my view) inopportune timing of the Infallibility dogma.

>>80876114
He should be speaking for God, but he retains his own free will at the same time. Some popes contented themselves with pretty women and administering revenues of the estates- while leaving the Faith itself alone. Personally I'd prefer that to the recent times of popes hanging around rabbis doing 'interdenominational prayers.'

Swede friend, I'd suggest reading the Catechism of Trent. It's pretty good at explaining the essence of just what the marks of the universal Church are. I'd also suggest looking back to the 15th Century to see how Christendom operated: it was several nations who retained their national identity but fit together in the ecclesial structure. The more autocratic (again, borne out of necessity due to the Protestant situation) tendencies came much later.
>>
>>80877521
Summarize the lineages in the Bible and it refutes evolution. That's what I mean with you catholics (especially the Pope) going against scripture. It's literally heresy.
>>
>>80877212
>>80877181
This is exactly what I'm talking about. This chart right here.

Notice how Catholics stay nominally the same.
Notice how Protestant denominations are dropping like a rock, and atheism inflated.

That's because those churches are filled with people like me, who left because they were too steeped in Leftism. We became disillusioned. Catholicism was more or less shielded from this, though I bet it changes now that the fake pope is in control.
>>
>>80875904

It's a shame because the Scandinavian churches arguably retained apostolic succession. 'Consecrating' female bishops put an end to that.
>>
>>80868086
Talk to a priest from the parish where you'd like to start celebrating Mass. If you need any sacraments on initiation he'll have you take the classes. If you've already received them he might just have you go to confession.
>>
>>80875904
>>80877815
She was shut down, and this was a very tiny church, not even sure it could be called a church. Compare that to all the pedophilic catholics within the Vatican, who violate the word of God from Genesis to Revelation in order to be politically correct and socially acceptable.

They have deluded, distorted and perverted Christianity to the point where it no longer bears any resemblance to the word of God.
>>
>>80877521

I have to agree with Swede Bro. If you do a timeline of the Patriarchs, it's entirely plausible that the world was populated just as it is written.

There are two points we can can pick up where nature changed significantly: the Fall and the Flood. There are questions regarding natural processes, but Macroevolution is a false belief that enemies have run with.
>>
>>80877575

Comparing yourself to St. Athanasius is just as ridiculous friend.

>inopportune timing of the Infallibility dogma.

"The Infallibility dogma" has always been true, like any other dogma. It just wasn't defined yet. And I don't see what papal infallibility has to do with anything that you're talking about. Which infallibly pronounced dogma do you take issue with? The immaculate conception? The assumption of Mary? The masculinity of the priesthood? Do you know how papal infallibility works?

>Personally I'd prefer that to the recent times of popes hanging around rabbis doing 'interdenominational prayers.'

You're right, we should all hate each other. That's what God really wants.

>>80877715

Scripture is infallible but that doesn't mean everything in it is literally true, and it never has. Literally from the first page of the NT Christians have interpreted the Bible in non-literal ways. Since nature is the work of God, and the Bible is the work of God, where nature seems to contradict the Bible, the Bible must not be taken in a literal sense. I'm not saying miracles are impossible, but Enoch did not necessarily live 365 years.
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.jpg (61 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.jpg
61 KB, 640x432
>>80868086
Kek.
>>
>>80878501
You can't interpret the age of biblical characters in more than one way. That's like saying "Oh well, God said he created the Heaven's and the Earth, but that can be interpreted in a different way, it's not necessarily true".

You favor pseudo-science over scripture. That's why I have a problem catholics.
>>
File: 1418418849725.jpg (42 KB, 553x480) Image search: [Google]
1418418849725.jpg
42 KB, 553x480
>>
>>80878960

You absolutely can. The ages are referring to a sort of mysticism that the Jews still practice today and call Cabala. Catholics have also explored it at different times, it was really in vogue in the renaissance.

It's like the parable of the Prodigal Son, and if you were to say "there's no evidence that such a person ever existed!" and I said "it's just a story, such a person never did exist, you're missing the point," and you said "It LITERALLY says there was a prodigal son!"
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 750x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 750x662
>>80870010
I like the J text better than the P text. It's like the Jews added the P text to put a bunch of rules into the Torah.
>>
>>80879191
>You absolutely can. The ages are referring to a sort of mysticism that the Jews still practice today and call Cabala. Catholics have also explored it at different times, it was really in vogue in the renaissance.
Yeah except you forget that neither the old testament or the new testament were written by "jews". So that theory doesn't really cut it.
>>
>>80877803
Don't worry bro. It's just a pope. Believe me. WE HAD IT WORSE.

>>80877363
Accepting=/=hating. I don't approve their way of life, but I'm either treading on them.

>>80877815
Yep. Anglicanism is the next one.
>>
>>80879479

What crap have you been reading? What asinine semantic argument are you about to make?

You can actually have the last word, it suits me better to let it alone than speak against it.
>>
File: 1452565115820.png (814 KB, 900x3186) Image search: [Google]
1452565115820.png
814 KB, 900x3186
>>80879774
I subscribe to christian identity just like I said here >>80870362

David is described as white in the Bible. Jesus came from this lineage, consequently making him white as well. David couldn't have been a white-looking "jew" seeing as the ashkenazi didn't exist at the time.

All but one of Jesus apostles were also white. Can you guess who wasn't? That's right, Judas. He was a "jew", and he was the only one who betrayed Jesus. They literally descend from Satan whereas white people descend from God.
>>
>>80879599
Where did I say otherwise?
>>
>>80878960
Sorry but it's not the 16th century anymore. Catholicism isn't really the problem right now.
>>
>>80868086
Don't
Catholicism is cancer. The catechism of the catholic faith is absolute nonsense, and has no place in Christianity what so ever.
They are heretics.
>>
>>80868137
Christcucks BTFO. Can any of you cucks argue against this?
>>
>>80880710
It's a problem, even if it's not as big of a problem as Islam or the jew issue.
>>
>Catholicism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0N09hR_m9I

+Hebrews 10 – one sacrifice, rejection of perpetual sacrifice (refutes mass)
+Exodus 20:4 (10 commandments) – no statues, nor bow to them
+Isaiah 8:19 – no prayers to the dead;
-When someone tells you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?
+Romans 3:21-31, Romans 4 – Justification by grace through faith
+Galatians (all) – justification through faith apart from works
+1st Timothy 3 – married pastors/priests, refutes forced celibacy
+1st Timothy 4:1-5 – refutes dietary laws (no meat, lent) as well as celibacy
+Acts 10:25-26 – Peters tells Cornelius not to bow to him
-When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, and fell at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter raised him up, saying, “Stand up; I too am just a man.”
+Luke 11:27-28 – Jesus rebukes woman for revering Mary
-While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”
+Luke 8:19-21 – “My mother and brothers are these who hear God's word and put it into practice.”
-Jesus had brothers
-Zero reverence for mother
+Matthew 12:46-50 – same as above
+John 2:1-4 – Mary asks for wine. “Woman, what have I to do with thee?”
>>
The abrahamic god is a cunt.
In Catholicism he was happy to zap mary to make her without sin but everyone else is fucked with 'original sin'.
Add to that years of corruption and sexual oppression and they can fuck right off.
>>
Sometimes, I wonder if Protestants are raised on hate instead of the love of Christ.
I was raised catholic, and no one ever told me to hate other denominations, because as long as they follow Christ, they are my brothers.

>>80868248
>>80868338
>>80868674
>>80870390
>>80871813
>>80874611
>>80874176

I mean, just look at those free insults. Every time there’s a thread about Catholicism, it gets saged by fedora tier militants.
>>
>>80879071
Keklics are even better.

>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is
>tradition is valid because church authorities affirm it to be
>church authorities are valid because of apostolic succession
>>
>>80881834
I'm not a protestant, and I'm not an atheist. The reason threads about catholicism gets saged? Because it's so blatantly obvious that its heresy.
>>
>>80882035
>Because it's so blatantly obvious that its heresy.
>I'm not an atheist

But you act like one.
>>
>>80868086
read FJ Sheed Theology for Beginners. one dollar on kindle
>>
>>80882306
>But you act like one.
Because I say that catholicism is heresy? Doesn't even make any sense.
>>
File: Views_about_same-sex_marriage.png (72 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_same-sex_marriage.png
72 KB, 1856x2400
>>80881834
Where did I insult anybody? You aren't very proficient at dialogue. I made a theological statement about how Catholicism compares to what the Bible reads.

The fact is that Romanism is predicated on an authoritarian structure that doesn't have a basis in scripture, and the average Catholic doesn't read the scripture to find out if it's accurate
>>
>>80882610
Claiming stuff like that, when there are so many people that think otherwise...

I used to be atheist, then agnostic and finally catholic. And you why I turned agnostic? Because of that attitude of yours that tons atheists share, that arrogance. Making of comments like:

>Because it's so blatantly obvious that God doesn't exist
or
>Because it's so blatantly obvious that its heresy

See? You are the same.
>>
>>80883893
Sorry, I quoted you by accident.
>>
File: DEzsn.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
DEzsn.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>80884188
So if I speak like a black person, that makes me black?

Yo whaddup dawg! You white bois best believe I'm a nigguh now.
>>
>>80884592
No, but it makes you a nigger.
>>
>>80884805
That's not very catholic of you.
>>
>>80884900
"nigger" is mostly an attitude. And since you are not black, there's no reason to get offended.
>>
>>80884459
OK :^)
>>
>>80885294
No. Nigger is a derogatory term used to describe a black person. It's not used to describe an attitude. Maybe you should go and confess your sins to your "Father". Then again, Jesus said that we shouldn't call anyone on Earth "Father". Isn't it funny how catholics completely disregard this as well?
>>
>>80868086
go to mass on sundays, and talk to a priest about how you found your faith again, Catholicism is pretty chill with folk who return,

If you were baptized you have no problems
If you don't have your First Communion you'll have to go to cathechism for a while
If you don't have your confirmation then the same as the comunion applies

all in all just talk to a priest for guidance
>>
>>80868338
t. A protestant fucking heathen
>>
File: 1460648611534.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1460648611534.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>80885685
>Protestant
>Heathen
>>
>>80885617
Whatever.

>>80885633
I want to have my First Communion. Any tips?
>>
>>80877521
I believe it was John Paul II who said that evolution was real and that the "days" in genesis were a metaphor for how much time has passed or something like that
>>
File: Trent's-catholics.png (449 KB, 889x474) Image search: [Google]
Trent's-catholics.png
449 KB, 889x474
>>80881834
>I was raised catholic, and no one ever told me to hate other denominations
Really? Your catholic church must have been the only one which didn't
>>
File: sr_ROSARY-AND-SWORD-225x224.jpg (13 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
sr_ROSARY-AND-SWORD-225x224.jpg
13 KB, 225x224
PRAY THE ROSARY
>>
>>80886570
you have to go to cathecism for about a year or so, confess and then you have one big awesome ceremony with your fellow "graduates" were you are now officialy a member of the church.

since you are from spain I believe you won't have problems finding a church, the only requisite to have your first communion (and just to take part in the eucharisty really) is to be baptized in the catholic faith, some churches make the Confirmation of faith before the First Communion but that's non important you need both sacraments anyway

meditate alot on the faith and teachings on Christ, if you are able, read some christian scholars like Aquinas or St Agustine, most of your reading and theological material material will be given to you in the cathecism classes, I don't go to church most this days ( because I'm a lazy fuck to get up early on sunday morning or because I forget that mass takes places that day) but the first eucharisty is a beautiful experience, if you are coming into the Catholic church, I fully recommend to get the sacrament (and you'll need it anyways if you want to marry by catholic rite or baptize your children)
>>
>>80889325
>is to be baptized in the catholic faith
Check
> have one big awesome ceremony with your fellow "graduates"
That's what annoys me the most. My whole family is fedota militant, and they don't know about my growing faith.
>>
>>80869440
Become a catholic
>>
>>80890126
if they don't want to go your "graduation" ceremony, well fuck them it's your faith not theirs, but in the meantime I would try to talk about the teachings of the church to your family in a subtle way ie. talk to them about what you learn and read on the classes or by yourself without ramming them with the "IMA CATHOLIC NOW FUK YU", while you might not convert them they'll might be open to go to church with you or atleast go to your ceremony, if they don't support you after everything is said and done well you'll make great friends during cathecism and if your church is anything like the one I went to when I got my sacraments, you might get a big party thrown by the church itself and members of the community
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.