[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tradition/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: download (3).jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8 KB, 194x259
So anyone here actually read Evola and put his principles into practice?
>>
>>80865849
>According to one scholar, "Evola’s thought can be considered one of the most radically and consistently antiegalitarian, antiliberal, antidemocratic, and antipopular systems in the twentieth century."
sounds pretty gay
>>
File: dumbkraut.png (29 KB, 616x185) Image search: [Google]
dumbkraut.png
29 KB, 616x185
>>80866097
why'd you delete your post bro?
>>
>>80865849
With which of his books should i start? Got 2 weeks vacation, got some time right now.
>>
lol this board is a fucking joke

You're all plebs

Have fun shitposting about niggers all day you dumb shits, that's what a real Aryan does all right
>>
>>80866566
Revolt Against the Modern World
>>
>>80866097

These are great
>>
>>80865849
Yeah I got half way through doctrine of awakening and decided to start meditating

Living the traditional life is hard when every single person around you is a hedonist ape, and if you value stoicism and self-improvement you're seen as arrogant or snoody.
>>
>>80866566
Start with Kalajic if you want to experience logical consequences of Evola's "philosophy" on Balkan niggers.
>>
>>80866724
Doctrine of Awakening is based. Can't even stomach pop buddhism now, it was that based.

Glad to hear anon
>>
>>80865849
Read, yes.
Finished, no.

Ride the Tiger is dense as fuck, but I'll get through it.

I prefer DeBenoist more.
>>
Speaking of which does anyone have that image of Ride The Riger but it's Calvin and Hobbes? I saw it once but now I can't find it.
>>
>>80865849

Hardcore.

“Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don’t accept what they call ‘the reality of life’ and act in such a way that you won’t be accepted by that kind of ‘life’, never abandon the principle of struggle.” - Julius Evola
>>
if you're too stupid to read his books, you shouldn't attempt to understand his philosophy from quotes and memes.

His use of language is often metaphoric and unique. For instance he rejects traditionalism, but believes instead in Tradition, a concept he adopted from guenon and refined.
>>
Can i read Ride the Tiger without reading any of his other books or do i need to start with Revolt?
>>
>>80868084
Yes, but you need a pretty solid background in mysticism/esoterica for his stuff to really resonate
>>
>>80868084

His works are incredibly dense. I've when reading Ride the Tiger that I've needed to go away and read other books to completely grasp what he's talking about. Even then, some of his religious ramblings I still can't make head nor tail of.
>>
File: black sun.jpg (19 KB, 265x400) Image search: [Google]
black sun.jpg
19 KB, 265x400
>>80865849

Anon, if you have no familiarity with Evola's philosophy or Guénon's Perennialistic school, try reading the chapter on Evola in Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke's book, "The Black Sun".

Althought is slightly biased, nonetheless it is still a nice summary of his ideas.
>>
I've heard people say 'the Doctrine of Awakening' can be a good start for those who aren't used to his general heavy relying on eastern way of thinking, thoughts?
>>
>>80868765
I believe I understand Evola very well. What are you having trouble with ?
>>
>>80868834
It's a fantastic book on Buddhism but a poor intro - if you have no familiarity with Buddhism at all, he's just chucking all these concepts at you and dispelling pop-Buddhist myths about them at the same time, so it can be overwhelming

If you've got a handle on the deep principles of Buddhism it's based as fuck
>>
>>80869142
mmh thanks, I was looking around to find a potential good start but I figured I gotta at least get familiar with Buddhism, do you happen to have some suggestions on the matter?
>>
>>80865849
>evola

Dude was writing about viking wizards and shit, he's retarded.
>>
>>80869758
What the Buddha Taught

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

Three Pillars of Zen

But seriously, meditate. Not a word of Evola's will click until you've personally experienced the active principle that is the basis of his heroic masculinity
>>
I'll just stick with Hitchens. He's Evola for dummies.
>>
Best philosopher of the 20th century
>>
File: WIRMÜSSENEXTERMINATENDIEJUDEN.png (130 KB, 476x368) Image search: [Google]
WIRMÜSSENEXTERMINATENDIEJUDEN.png
130 KB, 476x368
This is the first time I have been slightly agitated by someone's delusion here on Twatter.
>>
>>80869885
epin
>>
>too edgy for fascism
>india-boo
>islam-boo
>literally everything is degenerte
>christian-pagan-warrior-priest-philosopher-king
>talks of Aryan
>is a greasy swarthy Italian
>"ride the tiger, brah"
>>
>>80869758

Anon, there's a really great book by Ananda Coomaraswamy named "The living thought of Buddha" (at least I think this is the title in English). You should find it rather easely in Italian, because it was released worldwide in a collecton called "The living thought...".

The great thing about Coomaraswamy's book is that he introduces the thought of Buddha as it is, Aristocratic. And also, being an Anglo-Indian, converted to the Catholic Church, he shows the similarities between the real Christian Tradition and real Buddhism.
>>
>>80870165
>>80870844
I'll look into those, thanks lads.
>>
Riding the Tiger everyday, senpai.
>>
>>80870165

Anon, could you help me?

I really try to meditate, but it seems that I can't handle my mind running wildly. I know, this is a stage that you must go through, but it seems that I really can't. Do you have any tip or anything like that? What kind of meditations you do? Thanks.
>>
>>80870844
This sounds based. Ordering now thanks bro.

>>80871210
Sounds like you're resisting your thoughtstream. Let it go. Any kind of directed energy is antithetical to the purpose of basic meditation, which is to let your mind just be instead of trying to force it to be anything.

When your mind gets busy, let the mental commentary do it's thing, but let your conscious will calmly return to your breathing. It helps to focus on a spot a finger or two below your navel, takes the focus off your head. Don't shut out thoughts, calmly let them resolve on their own without an added meta-thought about how you're calmly letting them go, etc. Just breathe.
>>
So were should an Evolanoob start then?
>>
>>80872467
Revolt Against the Modern World if you wanna dive right in, but it's highly recommended you acquire a solid background in esoterica and mysticism to get the real impact of his work.
>>
>>80871812

Yup, that's it. I normally just try to shut them down, feeling terrible for not beying able to master myself. Must say that althought I have made some progress I still betray myself in that subject...

Really will try to do that. Thank's a lot senpai.
>>
>>80865849

We all know the typical /pol/ idiots collect pdf files of l33t right-wing nazi books but never read them.
>>
>>80865849
[spoiler]I tried, but his prose is terrible to read.[/spoiler]
>>
>>80872759
Sorry to keep being complete newfag but what do you suggest for esoterica and mysticism.

Also are there any good website/resources out there for general tradition?
>>
>>80876402
I'd get familiar with the esoteric branches and foundational works of the all the main religions: Christian mysticism, Sufism, Kabbalah (don't have a freakout; Kabbalah is based and even Evola respected it as a system), Buddhist metaphysics/philosophy, Hindu philosophy and works such as the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads, and the Tao te Ching by itself (which to be honest sums up literally everything there is to say about the transcendent, it's just that people need a bit of background to get the full effect)

http://www.gornahoor.net/ is the best traditionalist blog I know

kheper.net is a good general esoterica site
>>
>>80876721
cool, these look interesting
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.