[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If You Don't Hold It, You Don't Own It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
What does /pol/ think of gold and silver?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A97ezIueIT0
Have you invested in anything planning on an economic collapse?
>>
I don't own any, and I have no plans right now to buy or sell any, I'm too broke as it is. Is it worth it?
>>
>>80854487

>if you don't hold it, you don't own it

really makes you think..
>>
>>80854487
The only decent money.

That said, it's really only useful to hold as a store of value right now, in preparation for currency collapse.
>>
File: 1467233296745.jpg (47 KB, 720x696) Image search: [Google]
1467233296745.jpg
47 KB, 720x696
>>80854487
I have lots of brass, copper, lead and steel. Gold's a soft material, it might make good bullets. I'll have to do some research on that. But otherwise no, I only carry around the plastic jew and federal reserve notes. Free trade and barter is effectively eliminated around here.
>>
File: 20160610_153620.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160610_153620.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
Dogecoin is real.
>>
>>80857832
In reference to gold etfs.
>>
>>80858515
If one really cares about a economic collapse you should make sure you have access to (lots of) clean water, food, hygiene articles, essential medication, heating, means to defend yourself (ammo, guns), maybe luxuries like electricty (fuel + generator) and electronics. Then maybe gold and silver, but not for barter - other people won't have shit anyways - but to preserve for after everything is on track again.
>>
File: 20160713_183506.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160713_183506.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>80854487
Only true American Silberdollars

I buy 5 of them each month
>>
>>80854487
People arent stupid, they'll set up an economy after this one crumbles one way or another.

* Silver has industrial and technological uses and the supply is dwindling, so it will always be valuable. May even be more valuable than gold.

* Gold is a corrosion resistant high capacity conductor. Its also very pretty and doesnt lose its luster. Its also rare and impossible to counterfiet so it makes a good substance to make symbolic wealth tokens out of (uhh... coins... because its better than using seashells).
>>
>>80859644
>impossible to counterfiet
I have some gold coated thungsten bars for you :^)
>>
>>80859908
>gold coated tungsten bars
A whack with a hammer will quickly show what's up. People have been using gold for thousands of years, and people have been trying to counterfeit gold for just as long. There are plenty of ways to check the purity and composition of gold money.
>>
>>80854487

>not investing in based copper and zinc bullion.

You're a goddamed idiot.

>own warehouse full of zinc.

Feels good.
>>
>>80861819
You gonna live in your warehouse when SHTF? I give you a few weeks before your ass gets shot and someone takes all your zinc and copper.

The benefit of gold as a store of value is its value density. An ounce of gold is worth ~$1350. An ounce of copper is worth $0.15. An ounce of zinc is worth $0.07.

Have fun paying for things in hundreds of pounds of copper.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.