[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PewDiePie Outed as Paid Video Game Shill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: moneyforshills.png (78 KB, 873x374) Image search: [Google]
moneyforshills.png
78 KB, 873x374
http://mashable.com/2016/07/11/youtube-warner-bros-shadow-of-mordor/?utm_cid=mash-com-social-huffpo-partner#6zzberN4w5qH

>LOS ANGELES — The Federal Trade Commission called out Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Monday for paying YouTube creators to endorse the publisher's game Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

In a settlement, the FTC said the entertainment company failed to adequately disclose it paid influencers "hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars" to create sponsored videos that only promote the game in a positive way.

The complaint alleges that Warner Bros. used its advertising agency Plaid Social Labs to hire these influencers, give them a free advance-release version of the game and have them post about it on YouTube and social media platforms.

>Critics argue that when influencers post endorsement videos — without disclosing they were paid to do the endorsement — it is both unethical and a breach of the FTC's endorsement guidelines. The FTC ruled that all videos made by these influencers related to Shadow of Mordor are therefore "sponsored advertisements."

>The fantasy roleplaying game, released in 2014, is based in J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings universe. Overall, the game was fairly well-received, including by Mashable, which listed it as one of the "top 10 must-play games of 2014."

>Warner Bros. does not have to pay fines, but the FTC called on the studio to “[provide] each Influencer with a statement of his or her responsibility" to disclose endorsements clearly in the future.
>>
>>80743074
Meh, had they done this sort of thing with a really bad game that would be one thing.

But shadow of mordor was actually pretty decent.
>>
>>80743074
Meh, it was a good game. Who gives a fuck.

If you're taking advice off of a YouTube personality you shouldn't be allowed your own bank account anyway
>>
#GamerGatePart2 starts now
>>
>>80743463
Finally, we're not just racist but racist and sexist again!
>>
>>>/trash/
>>>/v/
>>
who cares
>>
>>80743074
Pewdiepie isn't a critic.
>>
>>80743074
>man it's so easy to withhold information and keep it a secret forever in the internet age!

said nobody ever
>>
>>80743637

This, fuck your man baby hobbies.
>>
>>80743463
pls no
>>
>>80743074
This is that kind of thing you should be outraged about I suppose but can't because you never really assumed otherwise.
>>
>politics
>>
>outed
Wait, did anyone think he isn't paid by publishers?
>>
NO ONE CARES
O

O
N
E

C
A
R
E
S
>>
>>80743637
damn never knew /trash/ existed lmao wtf..
>>
Who cares? Someone was paid to advertise a game...
woah
>>
>>80743074
You mean people actually trust youtube celebrities?
>>
who gives a shit

e-celebs being paid to promote a AAA game is about the least interesting non-issue I could imagine.

I fucking hate /v/ autists.
>>
>>80743292
First post shill post.
>>
What's Pewdiepie?
>>
Shadow of Mordor was pretty alright desu
>>
>>80744066

where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>80743292
>>80743373
>>80744045
>>80744329
>>80744351
>>80744481
>>80744715
FOUND THE KIKE SHILLS

FUCK OFF KIKES
>>
WTF I HATE LEAFY NOW
>>
>>80743074

The funny thing is this happened a long time ago during #gamergate and no one gave a shit about it. Now it's big news apparently. Did something change?
>>
Shadow of mordor was like my 4th fave game but now I don't know what to think
>>
???

Literally every single video game company pays youtubers to speak well of their games

I dont know why is this a surprise
>>
>>80745013
shite b8 go post with all the other 14 year old retards on /v/
>>
File: 1462896150807.jpg (112 KB, 786x583) Image search: [Google]
1462896150807.jpg
112 KB, 786x583
>>80745013
literally nobody cares, and nobody on 4chan probably even watches the faggot
>>
>still playing videogames
neck yourselves
>>
The problem is that the FTC was not made aware. Advertising is supposed to be scrutinized by the FTC to keep subliminal advertising and other racist, biased shit from being pushed to the public. So the FTC was supposed to approve the advertising and what was being said, first. On top of this, if someone is being paid to support a product, there is supposed to be a message someplace that states that the person is being paid to support it.
>>
>>80743637
>/trash/

Damn, that board is 90% furry shit. Based mods taking out the trash.
>>
File: svu.jpg (268 KB, 986x532) Image search: [Google]
svu.jpg
268 KB, 986x532
Does this mean there will be another video game Law and Order: SVU episode?
>>
>>80743074
>guy who makes money from playing video games makes money by promoting said games

Golly, who could've guessed that?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.