[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virginia Lawsuit: Victory, or PR Twist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1450495666947.jpg (310 KB, 1232x1235) Image search: [Google]
1450495666947.jpg
310 KB, 1232x1235
Can anyone offer some clarification on what the Virginia lawsuit actually means? The #NeverTrump people are hailing it as a victory, because they won on items 1 and 2, which state that the STATE of Virginia can't bind delegates to a candidate.

But Trump hails it as a victory, because it means that the RNC's rules supersede those of a State.

So is this a victory or is it Trump's amazing PR team spinning a less than good result into a positive news story? I can't wrap my brain around it.

Can't the RNC do what they do every year and change the rules to fuck Trump over?

lawsuit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3174287/Correll.pdf

Trump's statement: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/federal-court-sides-with-grassroots-activists-rnc-delegates-are-bound-to-fo

#NeverTrump statement: http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c8221d912d0ff6ce375aeda7a&id=bc7bd70008&e=a01b7a3970

I'm a local media person, not a goddamn legal scholar. Someone please help me out.

Trying here because /trumpgen/ is too busy basking in the glory of Bernie's suicidal endorsement.
>>
File: 1451499725376.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451499725376.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1000
a-anyone?
>>
File: 1451441172079.jpg (138 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451441172079.jpg
138 KB, 600x600
one last try then i'm going to run the story

"#NeverTrump delegates spin loss into a win as Trump celebrates a federal court recognizing RNC rules supersede those of a state. How delusional can they get?"
>>
The court ruled in favor of the anti-Trump delegate, so ignore Trump's PR spin.

The ruling means that state laws cannot force a delegate to vote a certain way at the convention based on the states' election results. It is objectively the correct legal ruling, because the state doesn't have the right to control what goes on at the meeting of a private party, i.e., freedom of speech.

So, the rules of the party control everything, both the RNC and the state parties.
>>
>>80739512
So what you're saying is the only thing that matters is whether that cunt Unruh has the 28 votes required to unbind the delegates using the PARTY'S rules?

Which means it could still be a contested convention, even though Trump is virtually guaranteed to have a majority (maybe not the magic number) on the first vote?
>>
>Trump gets the nomination in spite of this decision
>he wins the popular vote and electoral college in November
>electors in swing states cast votes for Hillary even though Trump won state
>claim they are not bound
>cite the never-Trump case
>goes to Supreme Court
>split 4-4, decision defers to never-Trump case
>President Hillary Clinton

How plausible is this?
>>
>>80739980
It seems to me that the anti-Trump delegates are latching on to some esoteric ambiguity in the RNC rules to delude themselves into believing such a thing is possible. The fact is that literally nobody outside of this small group of troublemakers thinks that a contested convention is even a remote possibility. Everyone is relying on the common-sense, mainstream interpretation of the rules that we have had all along (bound delegates are bound), so you have to assume that's how things will go.
>>
>>80740780
Can the people of the electoral college be lynched?
>>
>>80740780
>>80741180
People, this is about the delegates to the Republican convention, not the members of the Electoral College, which is an official government office.
>>
>>80740780
It's possible. But it will spark a civil war or constitutional crisis.
>>
>>80740942
Thank you, this is the story I'm going with.

Last question: Unruh the Witch claims to have the 28 people, and have done an internal poll of all the delegates and claims only 900 support Trump.

What happens if Trump doesn't win on the first vote? Is there ANY chance that the rest of the delegates won't be "gently persuaded" by Paul Manafort to vote the right way?

I'm thinking Roger Stone from 4 months ago, "If it's not Trump on the first vote, it's Paul Ryan on the 4th."
>>
>>80742218
Glad to help. I guess it depends on whether to believe Unruh. It's a pretty steep claim he's making that no one else seems to be giving credence to. Even if delegates were unbound it's hard to imagine taking away the nomination from someone who pretty much won it in a landslide, but it just depends on each individual delegate at that point.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.