[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could be done to make housing more affordable for the young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: welshhousing_1.jpg (89 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
welshhousing_1.jpg
89 KB, 640x420
What could be done to make housing more affordable for the young in the west?
>>
>>80719281
No interest loans and discounts for young married couples.
>>
>>80719281
Stop letting the Chinese and Arabs buy it all up. Restrict property ownership to citizens.
>>
>>80719281
Gas the boomers.
>>
>>80719281
Kick out immigrants
>>
>>80719281
Property in the west is good value compared to Dublin. Galway is a friendly city.
>>
>>80719438
yeah but then other things like food becomes less affordable.
>>
Build more houses whilst ending the mass influx of people into confined spaces.

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>80719281
Remove welfare, remove student loans, teach young people to work.
>>
>>80719346
>No interest loans
No one is going to loan you money then. Why the fuck would I borrow you money just to get the same amount back? Might as well use it on something more productive. Interest is what you pay for the use of other people's capital.

Or do you want the government to provide those loans? They'd have to increase taxes. Fuck your commie bullshit.

>>80719281
As to your question: build more fucking houses. The housing shortage is mainly caused by a lack of construction.
>>
>>80719281

Interest rates are at their lowest ever,

I just renewed my mortgage and got a rate of 1.99%

My repayments are only £359pcm

get your finger outta your ass
>>
>>80719516
Who gives a fuck if lettuce goes up by $0.05 when your house costs $100,000 less.

And that is only assuming that the immigrants you kicked out actually grow the food you are buying AND it hits your local grocer. If you import said food it is not affected, and could possibly decrease due to less demand.
>>
>>80719813
Better be fixed rate. Floating rate, and you will get fucked
>>
>>80719650
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
Stop immigration
Remove red tape to build on brown sites.
Two child limit
>>
Make it illegal for billionaire chinks and sandniggers to buy property and leave them empty.

There, fixed.
>>
>>80719281
stop selling social housing. it encourages the dregs of society to continue the breeding of more scum because they now can't be kicked out no-matter how shitty they act. also the scheme is used by criminal gangs, both indigenous & foreign, to launder their money. it's absolutely fucked & needs to be stopped.
>>
>>80719409

This.

Also place some limit or other on the size of property portfolios. Finally, and this would be a big change... I would change the whole construction of buildings and idea of a "home". Young people without a family only really need a "pod" of some sort, in a building with shops, restaurants, and common areas, like a torpedo hotel but a bit larger. They just need 1 room and a bathroom.
>>
File: self sacrifice.jpg (247 KB, 790x894) Image search: [Google]
self sacrifice.jpg
247 KB, 790x894
>>80719281
>>
>>80719281
Noy buying any house.
>>
Stop letting chinks buy property.

The end.

But it won't stop because the government pockets fat bucks from this and young people don't make up enough of the constituency to change their policy.

It'll take a few more years before governments change their attitude.
>>
>>80719281

Increase housing supply
Ban foreigners from owning land and property
Ban investors from owning most types of homes
>>
>>80719804

>TFW the Fed funds rate is .25%

What a bunch of commies
>>
>>80721103
They are. Deliberately driving down rent to make borrowing cheap, increasind debts across the board.

I pulled out of the stock market due to this shit. It's completely over capitalized, I'll wait untill this communist state run economic system collapses.
>>
>>80719813
whats that a 70K mortgage. you cant get anything for less than 300K in london.
the jews fucked us up pretty good. also now the upper age limit for mortgages has been increased to 80.
they want you to work till you drop dead.
>>
>>80719804
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/netherlands/interest-rate

Tell me more.
>>
Stop immigration completely.
Deport deport deport.
Non-residents shouldn't be able to snap up property.
Develop on brownfield sites, tear down scabby flats.

As for housing standards, irrelevant to the topic:
Encourage detached three-story houses (spacious houses without requiring a massive floorplan)
Encourage gardens (unlike OP's chavvy 60cm wide flowerbed with iron fence around it)
If it's absolutely necessary to expand onto the green belt, keep it to small clusters of houses (effectively synthesizing lots of little villages within easy walking distance of each other) to keep the rural feel. Also prioritize acquiring banked land.
>>
>>80721500
Thats an average of state bonds, ECB loans, savings rate, debit rate, and so on.

On paper average savings interest is 0.5%, debit is 2.2%, mortgage is 1.4%.

Its just state bonds and ECB loans that are at 0%
>>
Gas the Jews

Hang everybody involved in real estate, real estate moguls like Donald Trump are fucking parasites.
>>
>>80719281
Stop people that move here from other countries been allowed to buy and own property also other discounts to first time buyers is they are buying a ex council house
>>
>>80720832
What about a kitchen dickhead
>>
>>80719281
make houses out of wood and cardboard like they do in the US.
>>
>>80722361
do you know how much 2% adds up to over the length of a 25 year loan?
you end up paying more than the cost of your house in interest
>>
>>80726227

Millenials dont cook anything, so a kitchen is not needed. They can have a microwave/toaster/convection oven combined, on a shelf, and a kettle.
>>
Eliminate green belts, reduce limits on the height of buildings, shift taxes from income to consumption to encourage saving to naturally decrease interest rates.
>>
>>80719281
Privatise it all.
>>
>>80719618
This.
Jesus tittyfucking christ, it is basic economics. Increase supply and lower demand.
>>
>>80729821
> They can have a microwave/toaster/convection oven combined, on a shelf, and a kettle.
I have lived like that and it sucks, I don't want to live like a dog
>>
>>80721690
I hear this said often on here, does /pol/ actually believe in stopping immigration completely and deporting all immigrants?
>>
>>80719281
Brexit :^)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.