[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barry Goldwater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: zumaamericasseven561940.jpg (227 KB, 1250x650) Image search: [Google]
zumaamericasseven561940.jpg
227 KB, 1250x650
What is /pol/'s opinion on Senator Goldwater?
>>
More like Senator Barry Boldwater
>>
>>80688198
He supported every single civil rights measure up to but excluding the 1965 CRA/VRA.

And in doing so he was fucking VILIFIED a the left as LITERALLY HITLER
>swastika posters at his election campaign. The new Left is not new. Even more kek that his father was a Jew.

I don't know his immigration stance, though.

Lesson here: never compromise with the Left.
>>
>>80688198
jew
>>
>>80688198
My grandma voted for him and he is her favorite politician. I think he's based.
>>
>>80688198
Good guy, hated by the elite of both the left and right. One of the few Republicans at the time to reject the New Deal. Nelson Rockefeller made absolutely certain Goldwater received no establishment support in 1964.
>>
He's like Trump, except you know, not a complete and total moron and embarrassment to humanity. Other than that, perfect parallel
>>
>>80688474
For clarity, Goldwater voted against the CRA of 1964 because it imposed restrictions on businesses, which he thought unconstitutional. He supported everything in it except Title VII and tried to get a similar bill passed in 1957. Then Senate Majority Leader Lyndon B Johnson sent the CRA of 1957 to a segregationist, James Eastland, to gut the provisions before the Senate could vote on it. Vote related: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/85-1957/s75
>>
>>80688198
He was a real hard hat. Definitely would have been better than Johnson.
>>
>>80688849
Interesting, seeing how they pretty much pulled the literally Hitler on Goldwater back in '64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k
>>
>>80689817
They pulled the whole KKK endorsement thing on him too, holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQVIKKlcFY
>>
>>80688198
The last extreme best hope america had
>>
Tried to save the world. Failed miserably.

The Jews got the best of him.
>>
>>80689127
Good point but in addition to title 7 he had other objections. I remember him saying there were two sections of the bill he had issue with.

To add to that- to counter his objections he consulted with a young William Rehnquist, and a young Robert Bork, in separate occasions, and each gave lengthy autistic rejections.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.