[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Columbia fire captain loses his job over a post on the internet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: CnHiyOvXgAEhrkz (1).jpg (40 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
CnHiyOvXgAEhrkz (1).jpg
40 KB, 1200x675
Columbia fire captain loses his job over a post on the internet.

God bless america.
>>
>you have freedom of speech
>unless you offend someone with something you post on the internet, then we have to destroy your life

Before the argument starts: this man was a public servant.
>>
>>80651368

What word is bleeped out? Just saying you'll run someone over for being in your way isn't racist. It's not smart either being in a leadership position.
>>
>>80651368
He should burn down the fire station.
>>
Being based is now a crime.
>>
>>80651368

I can't wait till he sues
>>
I can't believe the niggers are trying this shit down here.
Some Bubba might go postal, and start torching the hood!
>>
>>80651368
This is actually what I hate about social media, and why I don't bother using my real name on any of it. There is no real freedom of speech. If you say anything remotely politically incorrect or fuck, even just political, you will be tracked down, lose your job, lose any chance of ever getting another job, marginalized and suppressed. The corporate society wants completely mindless drones who bow to the status quo, get along with all groups of people and never say or think anything controversial.
>>
>>80651982
He was fired, not jailed

Any organization is perfectly justified to terminate you if you make public statements that conflict with their values or goals.

Don't like it? Don't work for a company or government that holds values opposite to yours.

Or better yet, don't pretend social media and twitter are equivalent to hushed gossip or anonymous posts, when in fact they're equivalent to shouting at everyone you know through a megaphone.
>>
>>80651982
>>80651781
Literally ignoring the 1st amandment.

>hurrdurr this guy said a bold statement
>FIRED
>>
>>80652476
Why don't you just be self-employed? Only wageslaves have to worry about any of that.
>>
>>80652476
This
>>80652500
This as well.
>>
>>80652553
He said he isn't being jailed for it. He works for a government agency of course you will get fired for this. He will sue however and I'm sure be handsomely rewarded.

>>80652598
THis is the answer to all of this shit the problem is self-employment is becoming harder and harder.
>>
>>80652598
I work at a used bookstore and I also work at home in medical transcription. I am mostly self-employed but that does not mean I want to stay in these fields forever, particularly once I'm further along through grad school. I want to leave avenues open, even possibly government jobs if they're available, but I know that I'm too bombastic on the Internet to control saying something potentially controversial.
>>
Government (by the people for the people) official *leader* of public safety.

Makes permanent written statement in public forum about setting a very unsafe example (road rage, reckless homicide, ... reckful homicide).

Thinking "It's just a joke" excuses it? Would you get away with it in a private company if your name was publicly associated with that company?
>>
>>80651368
Hes a civil servant - supposed to serve everyone in his district regardless of background. He gets paid by the state to do that shit.

He should get fired as well as Ruth Bader (((Ginsberg))) and every other government liberal activist faggot

This guy should have kept his mouth shut instead of sending out emotional tweets like a preteen girl. Now he can fuck off and get a real job in the private sector like everyone else.
>>
>>80651368
If his post was just about the protesters being idiots for shutting down the freeway, then I don't think he should have been fired.

But posting that you might drive there and "run those dumb fucks over", especially when you have a position of authority like a fire captain and post under your real name, that's just irresponsible and I'm not surprised he was fired.
>>
>>80651368
freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences, especially when you're a public """"""servant"""""
>>
did he say nigger? is that the issue?
>>
>>80651866
Ass. You can tell it is 3 letters and that the second and third letters are the same.
>>
>>80651781
did you hear about the case in canada about a guy on twitter disagreeing with a feminist and he went to court for it? (i cant remember his name) What is the west coming too? why is it that all we care about is not offending leftists with terrible ideas
>>
>>80654390
>freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences
>T. literal communist
making a joke about people blocking the highways WHICH IS A CRIME BY THE WAY shouldnt get you fired
>>
>>80654891
Case:
>"you filthy cis scum there are more than 2 genders"
>"im sorry"
>>
>>80655110
kek.
whats iceland like? are you well insulated from this shit?
>>
>>80652476
>here is no real freedom of speech. If you say anything remotely politically incorrect or fuck, even just political, you will be tracked down, lose your job, lose any chance of ever getting another job, marginalized and suppressed.

This is why there are increasingly large numbers of redpilled retired folks and even seniors joining Twitter, Kikebook, newspaper comments everywhere, even here. I turn every older friend and family member on to this shit whenever I can.

Why? Because like the senior citizens who got out and voted to Brexit, old folks have NOTHING to lose. They have their friends (who largely agree with them, and remember when we had a better society), they have their retirement accounts, pensions and Social Security. They're set. They can say whatever the fuck they want, as long as they don't push it to the point of getting arrested.

Useful allies indeed. You all should do the same. Teach your elders the ways of shitposting for Kek and Trump!

My retired parents shit all over leftists on Twitter and they love every minute of it. I shudder to think what my lovely, racist Granny would've had to say. Kek. Wish she were here.
>>
>>80654600
yes nigger is a magic spell where everytime you cast it 5 niggers die by white cop
>>
>>80655646
Is OK, kind of overpriced, living costs are bearable, i recommend it. Iceland has a good viewing point of all the worlds tragedies and as soon as something happens here it's completely overhyped and dies within 15 days.
We're pretty safe if a war comes along because the US and the UK will keep us safe.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.