[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRAVELS TO GLORIOUS BRITANNIA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 21
File: fdsfdsfsd.png (93 KB, 750x565) Image search: [Google]
fdsfdsfsd.png
93 KB, 750x565
Traveling to Britain for 5 days (and a separate 5 days I'm spending in teh lake district, london, and Lancashire countryside)

CURRENT ITINERARY: Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Durham, Edinburgh (and maybe something in the highlands like Sterling. Recommendations here especially would be appreciated)

Oxford and Cambridge I'm taking in lieu of the Costwolds, as suggested to me by some natives. I'm pretty sure said natives were liberals though so please dear god don't let me walk into a shitskin trap, and let me know if I should avoid one or both of those places. As much as I'd like to fit Cotswolds in still, there are no good train routes from Bath to there, so it's either Bath or that (and I'll be seeing Brit countryside anyway).

Otherwise, any modifications needed? Anything I'm missing out on? Too much to see in too little time? Any must see museums?

*TRIGGER WARNING*
The ubber-pozzed reddit thread I made about this (ignore the quasi-bluepilled commentary on my part, I was just trying to infiltrate):

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comments/4s7f74/please_help_with_my_travel_itinerary/?st=iqh3n6ro&sh=d12fc35c

PIC RELATED: It's the shirt I'll be wearing during my travels
>>
File: fdsfasdfsadfasdf.png (11 KB, 877x194) Image search: [Google]
fdsfasdfsadfasdf.png
11 KB, 877x194
>hate speech laws

topcuck
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 161x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 161x248
>>80633443
Jesus Christ they got more ass blasted from one comment about brown people than tumblr does in a whole week

Reddit should be removed along with the vast majority of its users
>>
>>80633995
I literally didn't even want it to be about race. But obv eluding to my only wanting to see brits is an issue for the average brit.

Mad world.
>>
>>80634612
Yea.
As for travel I would recommend stopping in on one of the small towns near Cambridge, especially on the weekend. Good tea/baked goods and great walking routes.

While I was visiting my great aunt in one such town there was a festival in the square where all the lads where in black face an dancing in circle, brought back a bit of my faith in the UK to see that traditions were being kept alive and no one was to PC about shit
>>
>>80633443
I live on the edge of the Cotwolds, near Oxford.

Basically Oxford (and all UK cities of that size) are only going to be 70-80% white, so prepare yourself. It will also be swarming with tourists.

The surrounding countryside is much nicer, I would definitely recommend it but you'd probably need a car.

If you'll be in Oxford on the weekend I might even be around if you want a /pol/-approved guide
>>
>>80637785
Is Oxford worth seeing, even?

If it is, what's there to see and how long do you reckon it'd take?

>If you'll be in Oxford on the weekend I might even be around if you want a /pol/-approved guide

Ye sure, leave a number and maybe I'll hit a nigga up (if I end up going there).
>>
>>80634612
>the average brit.
They're hardly average m8
>>
>>80638311
I sure FUCKING hope so, m8.

That thread was infuriating.
>>
>>80638189
>Is Oxford worth seeing, even?
>If it is, what's there to see and how long do you reckon it'd take?

Yeah, it's really nice just to walk round and appreciate the architecture. The uni colleges are built around the city.

Have a look on trip advisor for the main attractions.
>>
I'm going to york soon for a few days. How safe is it for a priviledged straight white male?
>>
>>80639055
Yeah but is it worth going to if I have as little time as I do?
>>
>>80639436
Perfectly safe. Few non-whites, except for tourists.
>>
>>80638189
Either Oxford or Cambridge are worth seeing, though I wouldn't bother with both.

You could see everything in the city centre within a day.

Points of interest would be
>Bodleian library
>General architecture of university buildings and colleges
>Ashmolean museum for art/classical things
>Pitt Rivers museum for a random assortment of weird shit
>Blackwell's bookshop if you like books
>An old pub like the Eagle and Child (where Tolkein and C.S. Lewis used to frequent)
>George and Davis (G and D's) for ice cream

You could see if any of the colleges are doing evensong (usually around 6pm), as that will get you into the college for free and is something fairly unique to Oxford & Cambridge.

If you were to go inside any colleges then Christ Church is the most impressive (where Harry Potter was filmed)

Everything is easily walkable as well
>>
Stirling is worth visiting, it's got a castle and the Wallace Monument. Good for hiking too.
>>
>>80640016
So it sounds like Oxford it is.

I plan to spend maybe a few hours there, after getting off a train (so everything will be on foot). In that time, how do you suppose I should go about condensing that list.
>>
>>80639436
York is super comfy.
>>
>>80640232
I read that Sterling is just like any other Scottish town (so probably not worth the trip?)

Any other highland towns you could recommend that are closer to edinburgh, and on a train route?
>>
>>80633443

You've got all the best cities there senpai. I saw your thread earlier. Pls just spend some money here and stimulate the economy.

Pls
>>
>>80639639
>>80639639
I think so. You might want to skip Bath for it. I have to agree with the comments in the plebbit thread, you are trying to cover a huge amount in little time.
>>
>>80640752
Even Oxford and Cambridge? I haven't received a whole lot of positive feedback on those.

And am I missing any other top-tier cities?

>stimulate the economy
With what I can, britbro.
>>
>>80640789
Oxford<Bath?

This is a first. In any event, I really doubt I can spend a full day at Oxford. Maybe I'd combo it with a trip to Cotwolds.
>>
>>80641011
Oxford>Bath*
>>
>>80640621
If you think Stirling is too far you could go somewhere in Fife. St Andrews, Falkland, Dunfermline, and the East Neuk are all nice.
>>
>>80641358
Are any of them picture-esque highland cities? I'd like to spend a little time in one of those.
>>
File: falkland.jpg (172 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
falkland.jpg
172 KB, 1200x900
>>80641443
Fife isn't really Highland, but it's rural and has some decent-sized hills. All of them are picturesque.
>>
>>80641058
>Oxford>Bath
Yes.
>>
>>80641767
that does look awfully comfy
>>
>>80640907
Yes, they get a lot of tourists for a reason, most cities are shitholes in comparison.

>>80640361
I guess cut down on the museums

In general the places you've got down are all top tier, but it does seem like you're covering a lot of ground in a very short time, you're going to be exhausted
>>
File: fdsfsdfsdfdsfs.jpg (10 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
fdsfsdfsdfdsfs.jpg
10 KB, 266x190
>>80642572
>you're going to be exhausted
No. Pic related.

>Yes, they get a lot of tourists for a reason, most cities are shitholes in comparison.

You wouldn't happen to know which school out of the two has produced more success, would you? I'd probably just choose one out of the two based on that. Maybe I'll just try to fit both in, idk yet.
>>
>>80633443
Stirling isn't in the highlands/good at all.
>>
File: I lift mine eyes to the hills.jpg (737 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
I lift mine eyes to the hills.jpg
737 KB, 1920x1280
>>80629990

Come to Cumbria mate, easily the whitest county in England.

Ignore those cucks on reddit I've lived here all my life, seeing any ethnicity other than whites is extremely rare in Cumbria. I live in a village which is literally 100% White British. Even our towns and cities are vast majority white. I genuinely do a doubletake when I see a black fella in town. >>80633443

For tourist attractions our biggest city is Carlisle which along with London is the longest standing city in the UK. It has a pretty good castle and museum even if it's lacking some of the flash of the southern castles.

We also have plenty of Hadrian's wall and Roman Britain historic sights, and of course the Lake District which is incredibly beautiful and with a rich history of its own.

I've seen this thread a few times now and I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned Cumbria but I highly recommend a few nights in the Lake District at least.

Good luck!
>>
Enjoy your trip. Seems like you will be fucking knackered by the end of it though.
All in all, you have picked a nice variety of places.
>>
>>80639436
York is top-tier mate. Enjoy yourself.
>>
>>80643278
I'm visiting the lake district for a day at least with family. Any town or city there (cubria) that I can get to by rail that's worth visiting on my own time?

Cumbria has def been mentioned a few times, but it just seems more or less inaccessible by rail. I had Carlilsle on my list initially, but everyone recommended against that.

Hadrians wall worth seeing?
>>
>>80633525
don't listen to those fucking retarded autistic redditors
>>
>>80643082
What the fuck else is there to see in Scotland besides Edinburgh that's accessible by rail?

>>80643593
I'm psyched for York.
>>
>>80642924
Cambridge is traditionally better known for sciences, and has more Nobel prize winners and famous thinkers like Newton.

Oxford is more associated with arts, and has produced more prime ministers and literary figures.

But they're both head and shoulders above the rest of UK universities in pretty much all subjects, I would just choose the one that fits in best with your travel plans
>>
>>80643703
nothing it's shit don't go there, stay away from the English cities if you don't want niggers and pakis. Come to the countryside, stay away from large towns if you want to avoid Poles and your ex commie bloc friends.

Us whites are in the countryside.
>>
>>80643703
I live in York and I'm brown :) want a tour?
>>
>>80643860
Is seeing them both in one day, and then traveling up to York even remotely plausible?
>>
>>80643979
I'd love to visit the countryside if there were some really recommended countryside towns that are rail accessible.

But you're saying skip Scotland outside of Edinburgh (which I'm visiting regardless because friend), aye?
>>
>>80643992
S T U D E N T
T
U
D
E
N
T

Fuck off back to London you black cunt
>>
>>80644175
Yes just Edinburgh, unless you want to walk up a big hill. When you're here tell everyone that Russia is planning on invading because everyone voted Leave, watch the SJW and lefties go mental, be a right laugh.
>>
File: glos.png (557 B, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
glos.png
557 B, 318x159
>>80643703
Yeah, you'll like it mate! I live in Gloucestershire, which I love but not really that great as a tourist. Guess we share the Cotswolds with Oxfordshire for tourists and Cheltenham is alright. Cirencester also has a some Roman stuff. I live in Tewkesbury and we just had the Medieval festival at the weekend which is great - shame you weren't coming then as it is a good laugh and has one of the biggest (if not the biggest) Medieval battle reenactment in Europe, alongside a massive medieval camp/town. Pretty good fun.
Anyway, enjoy your trip. Try and see some rural areas if you can.
>>
>>80644393
They're going to go mental when they see my shirt in op, I'm assuming.

When we hit up a pub I'm hoping to be greeted by a bunch of right-wing white nationalists (that's who I picture most pubs are filled with pls tell me I'm not wrong).
>>
>>80644202
Not a student I have a house here :)
>>
>>80644646
Depends where you go, find a white area and go to the pub nearest the football stadium and you would. Go in a pub in central London and it will be filled with niggers, go to a pub in York it will be filled with uni students and smelly left wing cucks.
>>
>>80644615
Holy shit I was there yesterday for the festival, had a great time watching the Yorkists win
>>
OP BRITFAG HERE. I HAVE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU; SCARBROUGH: MY HOME TOWN, A BEAUTIFUL BEACH BY THE SEA, WHITBY: LUVLY DUVLY FISH AND CHIPS, SLOUGH: MY COUSIN LIVES DOWN THERE WITH ME MAMS BROTHER AND HIS PAKI AUNT LUVLY PLACE, HULL: HAS A BEAUTIFUL AQUARIUM FULL OF STRANGE AND WONDEROUS FISHES AND LAST OF ALL BRADFORD WHERE ALL OF MY DADS FAMILY COME ON, IT HAS AN IMAX CINEMA WHICH IS THIS HUUUUGE CINEMA WHICH IS GREAT IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE LATEST FLICKS LIKE WARCRAFT OR GHOSTBUSTERS, I HOPE YOU HAVE A GUD TIME LAD AND SHAG A FEW SLAGS FOR ME.
>>
>>80644175
Like I said, Fife is rural and easy to get to by rail from Edinburgh.
>>80644646
You're actually wearing that shirt? Nice one lad.
>>
>>80645045
I was there too, mate! Probably walked passed you. Did you enjoy yourself? Was better in previous years, in my opinion but I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>80644012
Probably not, the only direct transport between them is a bus that takes 3.5 hours to make an 80 mile journey
>>
>>80645045
>>80645186
Just realised you said you had a great time, ha! Glad to hear.
>>
>>80644615
Thanks, anon.

>>80644796
Are there any pubs to go to that won't have smelly left wing cucks? Brad names frequented by rightists, or something?

>>80645052
woah

>>80645135
Maybe I'll do fife.

>>80645348
Didn't realize there was no direct train. Strange. Anything near Oxford or Cambridge worth visiting? I feel like I need at least one more thing to add on to one or the other.
>>
File: 1462132899272.gif (3 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1462132899272.gif
3 MB, 320x320
>>80645052
>england
>A BEAUTIFUL BEACH
>>
>>80645186
>>80645423
Ha yeah I liked it a lot, first time I've been to something like that since I was a kid. Hope those kind of events never die out in England
>>
>>80639698
>>80640465
>>80643593
This is reassuring. Thanks mates!
>>
File: Rheged.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rheged.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
>>80643616

Like I said Carlisle isn't very flashy, you would probably get a better experience of a British city in some of the other places people have mentioned.

Two attractions I'd recommend you go see are Birdoswald Roman Fort and Rheged. The fort is the longest continuous stretch of the wall that still stands and Rheged is all about the Old North kingdoms (It also has the largest turf roof in Europe).
>>
>>80645699
Burford, Witney, Woodstock and Chipping Norton are all not too far from Oxford and are nice towns in the Cotswolds which you could get a bus to easily and would give you a mini taste. I like Burford as I use to go there quite often. Bibury is in Gloucestershire and is somewhere a few tourists like to go to as it is a sleepy little place in the Cotswolds (that used to be on the British passport as well).

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burford
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipping_Norton
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witney
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock,_Oxfordshire
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibury
>>
>>80646149
Agreed mate. That will stay even if all others die. Fuck all else happens here...
>>
Most of Norfolk is near enough 100% white, got some pretty good countryside too.
>>
File: lol.jpg (7 KB, 318x95) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
7 KB, 318x95
>>80644646
You might as well visit Nigel Farage's home town. He lives in a village in South London. You can go to the restaurant he eats at.
>>
>>80633443
Meet me in Cambridge
>>
>>80646618
Okay so there's no towns or anything that stand out? Just those attractions?

>>80646703
Cotswolds Oxford is starting to sound real nice.

Out of those, which ones are accessible by rail, and which one has the most to see for someone without any other mode of transportation (if it's not too much to ask)?

>>80647049
Holy shit that's not a bad idea. Do they like him there?
>>
ERRRM EXCUSE ME, WHAT IS WOAH MEANT TO MEAN. I'M I TO THINK THAT YOU THINK I'M A WORKING CLASS WHITE IDIOT. SLAVS LIKE YOU ARE PRECISELY THE REASON WHY I VOTED OUT OF THE EUROPEAN ARSE IN THE FIRST PLACE! AND STAY AWAY FROM OUR WOMEN YOU PATRONIZING GIT.
>>
>>80633443
Visit Devon and Cornwall if you get the chance, traditional seaside towns are pretty nice.
>>
>>80645699
For Cambridge, try Ely. Small town with a cathedral, 20 mins by train

For Oxford, Blenheim palace is a big attraction but is expensive. Alternatively you could get a train to somewhere like Charlbury in the Cotswolds
>>
>>80647315
Ye doing Cotswolds I think.

>>80647219
I too saw "The Brothers of Grimsby"
>>
>>80647261
I hear they're going to be filled with chavs and university cunts this time of year.
>>
>>80633443

Consider Winchester. Wonderful city. If I'm not mistaken it was awarded some prize as best in UK.
>>
File: kek.jpg (234 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
234 KB, 1280x696
>>80647209
>Do they like him there?

I think most people are cool with him. He got mobbed by people who probably didn't live there.

"The protestors, who dressed as migrants and breastfeeding mothers to express their opposition to Ukip"
>>
>>80647852
That's very out of the way, but I'll see what I can do.

Can any britbro's confirm this?

>>80648030
Ye I'll look into it. I'm not really a huge farage fan or anything (he's obviously a bit too centrist for someone of my persuasions), just moreso looking to trigger lefties, especially in Edinburgh.
>>
>>80648243
They're already in a permanent state of triggerment because of brexit, they'll turn rabid when they see you.
>>
>>80647209
Chipping Norton is the only one with a train station in the actual town! A lot of the train stations to the smaller towns are closed now, unfortunately...

You could get a bus to all of them from Oxford though (much cheaper, too!)
Below are the bus numbers:
>853 Swanbrook - Stops at Burford
>S3 - Oxford to Woodstock and Chipping Norton
>S1 and S2 - Witney

There may be other buses as well, but these are 100%.

I used to live in Witney and I have been in Burford a lot so I am a bit biased towards those two. It depends what you want to see, Chipping Norton and Witney are the biggest of those towns, with Chipping Norton being slightly bigger I believe.
Bibury is a lot harder and probably not worth it from Oxford.
>>
>>80648243
Winchester is bloody great.
>>
>>80648758
Excellent.

>>80648837
Britrail, fortunately. I'll just visit Chipping. Especially since it's the biggest one (presumably most to see on foot)

>>80648890
What's so great about it anyway?
>>
>>80649144
Just realised even Chipping Norton is served by bus now or you have to get a train to Kingham. You should be be able to get a bus as part of your train ticket to Chipping Norton I believe, however. Just book a ticket to Chipping Norton, get off at Kingham and take the bus - it should all be one price. Sorry, just realised - this part of the country has shit public transport with regards to trains...
You can see the whole town on foot and just outside is some prehistoric stuff also.

Winchester has loads of amazing places. Lots of history being one of the major cities of the kingdom of Wessex and England during medieval times. It has a btilliant cathedral and a castle. The town is great as well, it looks beautiful and has wonderful architecture.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester

It is one of the great cities of the south, in my opinion. The history there is amazing.
>>
>>80650045
Going off of what you've told me, I may just do Winchester-Oxford, then off to York. I've been told Cotswolds is similar to most of the British countryside anyway, which I'll be visiting.

And thanks so much for the input, anon.
>>
>>80649144
Winchester was the capital of Anglo-Saxon England. I should have added that really...
>>
>>80650465
Yeah, that would probably be easier. Winchester is a great place and is a better choice than the Cotswolds.
No worries, pleased to help. Enjoy your trip.
>>
>>80650919
Sounds like I have a plan then.

You've all been loads of help.
>>
>>80651349
Note: I'm still here though, so any other stuff (particularly pertaining to the northern portion of my journey) is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>80633443
where are you going in the Lakes? Ambleside and Windermere are comfy as
>>
File: 8+Lochcarron+west+end.jpg (154 KB, 1000x398) Image search: [Google]
8+Lochcarron+west+end.jpg
154 KB, 1000x398
>>80651349
Yeah, seems good.

>>80651441
Up north, well York is great. Just wonder round, loads to see, some great bookshops also. Jorvik museum is worth it - Museum of Viking England.
In Scotland, Edinburgh again has loads of great book shops
>http://www.cityofliterature.com/the-literary-city/read/bookshops/
And just loads to see.
Worth a trip to the highlands if you can. Really beautiful and unique landscape.
Pic is where my mum lives.
>>
>>80651878
No idea. But we're heading up from Lymm (village southwest of Manchester, so probably the southern portion.

>>80651966
>book shops. To buy books or something else? I do all of that online.

>worth a trip to the highlands
I'm going to look into a train route that puts me somewhere in that area.
>>
>>80652320
Oops, I fucked up my greentext
>>
File: 12.jpg (237 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
237 KB, 1280x960
>>80652320
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/england/cumbria/lake-district/articles/the-lake-districtgettingthere/

I'd really recommend it, severely underrated.
>>
File: bnp_rotherham_sign.png (467 KB, 698x328) Image search: [Google]
bnp_rotherham_sign.png
467 KB, 698x328
>>80633443
Please be sure to make a visit to the beautiful town of Rotherham!
>>
>>80652672
:)
>>
File: 1468076800398.jpg (27 KB, 404x475) Image search: [Google]
1468076800398.jpg
27 KB, 404x475
>>80652672
>>
>>80652320
I guess I just love second hand bookshops haha...

If you want to take a train in the Highlands take the West Highland line. It is a beautiful trip. Take a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow and then from Glasgow you can take that line. Really is worth it, you won't want your journey to end.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Highland_Line
>>
>>80652849
Do I have to go all the way to Fort William tho?
>>
>>80653147
No you can stop in Oban before you reach Fort William. Here is some more details.
>https://www.scotrail.co.uk/scotland-by-rail/great-scenic-rail-journeys/west-highland-line-glasgow-oban-and-fort-williammallaig
>>
>>80653502
Maybe I'll devote day 5 to this. Do you reckon it's worth that?
>>
>>80653996
is it going to be cheaper for you because of the weak pound? Or is the ruble just as bad?
>>
>>80653996
Hmmm...I don't know. The trip is beautiful and Oban is a beautiful little place.
This is Oban
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oban

I really like the area around Fort William and Cairngorm is beautiful too - though that is a national park.
I'd recommend this Isles as well but that seems impossible with the time frame you have - so many beautiful places to visit in Scotland.
Scotland takes a relatively long time to get around, unfortunately. So if you want to stay in cities then it may not be worth it.
It is really about what you wish to do with your time - the highlands and the areas I am talking about is more for the scenery. If that is not your thing, then it is probably not the best thing to do.
>>
>>80654862
I've got lots of dollars. I'll be using those.
>>
>>80633443
Hull reporting in. York is very nice as a city but the people are liberal cucks.
>>
>>80655003
York reporting, Hull is a dump
>>
>>80655131
But the people are not liberal cucks.
>>
>>80654975
hopefully the weather will improve for you, it's wank at the moment

>>80655197
can't argue with that
>>
>>80654920
I will devote day 5 to going to Ft William.

A day in Edinburgh will suffice, I think.
>>
File: 1231231231231241.jpg (136 KB, 1000x466) Image search: [Google]
1231231231231241.jpg
136 KB, 1000x466
i walked this while in the UK and never saw anything but english people.
>>
OP im from a place called colchester we are 99.9% white and have some beautiful buildings. Google colchester castle. Right near the sea too.
>>
>>80655236
What's a trip to England without a bit of shoddy weather?
>>
>>80655254
I hope you enjoy. Again - Fort William is more about the scenery etc. than anything. Fort William is a small place - 10000 people in total. The trip on its own is worth it though, in my opinion.
>>
File: minster.jpg (4 MB, 2126x1404) Image search: [Google]
minster.jpg
4 MB, 2126x1404
>>80655509
That's the spirit! In summer it's possible to get a couple of weeks of sunshine but it hasn't happened yet this year
>>
>>80655677
I'm all about scenery.

>>80655847
Yeah, maybe I'll have some luck. I take it I should probably buy an umbrella for my travels.
>>
>>80655947
Well the Highlands is the place to go then. Good choice.
>>
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have lived in Cambridge for 3 years and it is a shit hole.

Only come here if you want to be stuck in a slow moving mass of clueless Chink tourists who walk and act like literal toddlers.

Then there are the SJW students that infest this place.

The city centre is cramped as FUCK. The roads are tiny and you have to compete with Chink masses, Eurotrash horde tourists, students, beggars, cyclists and cars for space.

Walking here is stressful as fuck and NOT as picturesque as you think. The Backs is probably the only nice place but you are banned from going to most of the areas as a non-student.

On top of that this city is expensive as FUCK for what it is. Expect to pay £5 for a pint of piss and £12 for a plate of microwaved fish and chips. Avoid the Eagle bar, you will get ripped by this tourist trap.

Punt touts will sense you are not a local and every 50m you will be hounded by them asking if you want a boat ride.

The buildings are ok in the university areas, but the rest of the city is all new build cardboard shithouses thrown up by developers so Chink investors or property portfolio companies can snap them up and leave them empty.

Basically I hate this city.

Oxford is a tourist fest too.

Seriously go to somewhere close to Cambridge that isn't Cambridge. My recommendation to feel "real" England is somewhere like Ely which is just 15 miles North.

It is so good I moved there a week ago to escape the shit pit known as Cambridge.
>>
P.S. if you want to know how walking in Cambridge feels in summer tourist season, imagine the circle line in Moscow at rush hour and slap some pretty buildings around it.
>>
>>80656268
>>80656578
My nigga, Cambridge went off the list pretty early into the thread.
>>
>>80656268
can confirm Ely is comfy, if I remember correctly the train station is literally just a concrete step in the middle of a field
>>
File: gfdgdfgdfgdfgdg.png (2 MB, 1412x2074) Image search: [Google]
gfdgdfgdfgdfgdg.png
2 MB, 1412x2074
K guys: London-Winchester-Oxford-York-Durham-Edinburgh-Ft Williams-Some town in the lake district-back to Manchester+Manchester outskirts

I think I'm set.
>>
File: 1466600446639.jpg (65 KB, 634x424) Image search: [Google]
1466600446639.jpg
65 KB, 634x424
>>80657104
enjoy!
>>
>>80656871

Its comfy m8.

From Newcastle originally and always lived in large cities, so moving to Ely makes me feel like I'm really rural even though it is a town.

The station has a field across from the platforms used by King's School to play ruggers and cricket on.

Comfy seeing the young pure white schoolkids playing rugs while waiting for the train.

>>80656864

Oh right, good!

Like most said in this thread though, the larger the city, the more diversity and more Russians pretending to be Latvian and Lithuanians on EU passports.
>>
File: fdsfsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
fdsfsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg
10 KB, 247x204
>>80657277
Thanks, anon. I will.
>>
>>80655488
Colchester is great and based. They can claim "we wuz romans nd sheit" because it was one of the first romans cities founded in britain and suffolk in general has pretty much anglo saxon roots in it.
>>
Have you considered visiting Canterbury?
>>
File: 90982.original-9194.jpg (162 KB, 483x483) Image search: [Google]
90982.original-9194.jpg
162 KB, 483x483
>>80658533
Way too out of the way.

tho u know I'd love to
>>
>>80657104
Sounds bloody great!
>>
>>80658850
It really does.

Barring my not hitting Cornwall/Cardiffe, I feel like I'm doing *the* tour of the land.
>>
>>80658268
Thanks sven.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.