[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Putin is an Organic Food Hippy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
File: PutinOnTheRitz.jpg (26 KB, 735x261) Image search: [Google]
PutinOnTheRitz.jpg
26 KB, 735x261
did anyone catch this? It happened at the exact same time as the /Breh/xit.

>putin claims he wants russia to be #1 organic food exporter
>some russian scientists at the basically russian food and drug administration are bought off
>they claim that GMO dindu nuffin, tell putin that russia should get into GMO
>putin doesn't give no fucks at all, rips up the paper, and decides that he will ban import of corn and soy from the US because it's contaminated with GMO

So, /pol/iticians. Do you think that this is a ruse, and Russia will use back-asswards methods of "organic farming" and Putin was just kabuki theatre'ing the precedent for people buying russian organic? Or do you think he has done the research himself, and he knows that GMO is full of estrogens?

-http://naturalsociety.com/putin-says-russia-will-be-worlds-1-exporter-of-non-gmo-foods/

-http://www.australiannationalreview.com/putin-slams-big-pharma-gmo-foods/
>>
>>80624515
It probably has more to do with the fact that organic food is overpriced.
>>
File: AreYouKiddingMe.jpg (17 KB, 231x339) Image search: [Google]
AreYouKiddingMe.jpg
17 KB, 231x339
>>80624873
yea but if russia was an organic farming nation, then wouldn't that greatly lower the price?

I don't know, organic is going to bust through GMO, because there are far too many people who see the stability in growing and selling organic themselves

I myself am buying land to grow organic, because of the price, but if everyone did that, then it would no longer become beneficial.
>>
>>80624515
organic is a great marketing term, too bad the food itself contains more chemicals than GMO based food
>>
wtf I hate Putin now
>>
>>80624515
you're retarded, this is very good for Russian economy, the world will tire of their plagued shit and import pure organic Russian foodstuffs.
>>
File: 1465592003726-0.jpg (16 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
1465592003726-0.jpg
16 KB, 296x314
you triggered the monsatan shillbergs
>>
>>80625079
>yea but if russia was an organic farming nation, then wouldn't that greatly lower the price?
That's like asking why gas is so expensive in Canada when we ship an extra 3 million bpd to the US
>>
File: WorldWar3.jpg (205 KB, 1227x786) Image search: [Google]
WorldWar3.jpg
205 KB, 1227x786
>>80625726
I was just asking, you don't gotta try to make me feel bad

>>80625706
I know, that's why I did it!

>>80625478
I know it is, russia is changing in my opinion. It's becoming a better and better place to live in.

I mean sure, the income fluctuates due to oil. But at least they are somewhat reinvesting the money back into infastructure. That's more than we can say about us.

Imagine if we had invested the trillion dollars iraq money into infastructure. We can't keep doing this much longer.

Russia even has a manifest destiny type program.

-https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/04/russia-offers-free-land-to-all-citizens-willing-to-move-to-the-far-east/

I honestly would be willing to take the land in Siberia, if it was anything more than 2.25 acres. If it was 10-20 acres, I would take it. Siberia is beautiful in the summer.

Very sad to see America and NATO becoming the obvious bad guy, yet my parents generation still eating up the propaganda about Russia aggression.
>>
>>80624515
Russians using backwards methods of farming is as old as time itself.
>>
File: siberia.jpg (124 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
siberia.jpg
124 KB, 720x720
>>80626780
Siberia in the summer

I don't know guys, I'm really thinking about it.
>>
The excuses don't really matter, it's likely he just doesn't want Russia to depend on US grain and corn, plus it's a nice way to get back at them for the sanctions.

It was the same thing with Obama's executive order that banned importing Russian arms, not sure if that's still in effect. The official talk was that it was to punish Russia for annexing Crimea. The more likely reason is that he wants to take those sweet sweet freedom machines from US citizens.
>>
File: siberiansummer.jpg (107 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
siberiansummer.jpg
107 KB, 800x532
>>80626864
what do you guys think of Russia with the "New World Order?"

I think that it still bends to the New World Order, but Putin and China are making arrangements so they won't get hit as hard as Europe and the U.S.A. would.

They may actually be stacking the deck in their favor to such an extent that they are prolonging plans. Because if the "NWO" unleashed some crisis, but Russia and China were able to ride the tiger, the relative power would be rearranged to the point where the guys who are in control of Europe and America wouldn't have as much of a bargaining chip.
>>
>>80624515
>he knows that GMO is full of estrogens?
source? How would gmo produce estrogens?
>>
>>80624515
How the fuck is that a bad thing?
>>
>>80624515
Based Putin
>>
File: TPP.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TPP.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>80626956
Fuckin America sucks dick.

we need to step it up, or we will be

ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY

lol
>>
>>80627138
soy is high in estrogen. the problem with this GMO is unhealthy for you maymay is that most of the estrogen in that food is destroyed by your stomach.

that being xenoestrogens in plastics may be a very real thing.

also GMOs suck because of the psychotic IP laws that protect monsanto, google seed-theft for an idea of how nuts these fucks are.
>>
>>80626864
does the plot of land in siberia come with a complementary qt3.141592653?

>>80627121
Russia is definitely not part of the "nwo" since it's not part of the anglo-atlantic alliance. They're gearing their country more towards self sustainability through protectionism and state capitalism, slowly. If anything the price of oil plummeting and the sanctions were a wake up call for them, so expect to see a more refined russia soon.
>>
File: StockPhoto.jpg (178 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
StockPhoto.jpg
178 KB, 640x447
>>80627138
http://www.alternet.org/food/4-surprising-foods-packed-estrogen-chemical-linked-obesity-and-sexual-dysfunction

>4 Surprising Foods Packed With Estrogen — The Chemical Linked to Obesity and Sexual Dysfunction

It's not specifically GMO, but anything non-organic is packed with estrogens, because the chemical bug repellent is. Any non-organic meats have been injected with estrogen to increase their breast size, as well as GMO plants are watered with estrogen containing water.

This is literally one of the reasons why women hit puberty earlier and earlier, and we have more beta-nu males, amongst other reasons.

>>80627220
I didn't say it's a bad thing. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on alterior motives.

If I told this to my dad, he would come up with some mental-gymnastics excuse why russia is an ominous threat that has to be handled swiftly. He's a republican and for trump, but he just can't get out of his cold war conditioning.

>>80627251
he is right? everytime I see russia doing something, it seems to be beneficial. I wonder what would happen if Trump stepped in, and made a closed-door deal with Putin and China, where they all nationalized their banks at the same time. What would happen? What military would be able to stop us? There wouldn't be an america to keep russia in line, and vice versa.
>>
File: 1463581698379.jpg (259 KB, 820x1092) Image search: [Google]
1463581698379.jpg
259 KB, 820x1092
>>80626780
absolute madman
>>
There is nothing wrong with genetic modification if you know what the fuck you're talking about. *HOWEVER*, that's assuming the only genetic modifications are the ones we're told about and they haven't slipped some other shit in. Also, monoculturing is bad.
>>
>>80627902
>I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on alterior motives.
Russian disapora here.

I can give you some:
1) Produce more non-petroleum non-energy consumables that can be an export good in a bit to diversify the economy. Russia is on-track to be the world's largest wheat exporter in 2016 (yes, beating out the USA) because of incentives for Russian farmers, in part due to the EU food embargoes. With the value of petroleum uncertain, it just makes sense to diversify your economy. There's not going to be less people in the world, and I'm sure there will be some country willing to import Russian food. Despite stereotypes of being a frozen wasteland, some areas of Russia are very well suited to growing food. Global warming will increase potential here.

2) Citizen concern over quality of imported food. Russia has banned meat from the USA in 2012 or 2013 over concerns due to feed additives. The feeling regarding USA meat in Russia is that "it's trash." I'm not going to comment on the legitimacy of the statement, but if people think that foreign goods are not quality, any legislation or incentive that plays off this concern is a populist win. In other words, no matter how true or not this concern is, if Putin echoes that, it's a political win.

3) Less reliance on foreign imports. "Russia does not need the world, the world needs Russia" is the modern trend in Russia. Not a bad strategy considering how Russia's gotten screwed in the past with imports/exports.
>>
>>80624515

GMO seeds are trademarked.

Corporations/US would own Russia's food - you wouldn't be allowed to replant seeds without paying them money.

If you see someone in Russia trying to get GMO foods into Russia, you know they're a NATO shill.
>>
>>80626864

I really would live in siberia
>>
File: homestead.jpg (165 KB, 775x575) Image search: [Google]
homestead.jpg
165 KB, 775x575
>>80630268
>Despite stereotypes of being a frozen wasteland, some areas of Russia are very well suited to growing food. Global warming will increase potential here.

doesn't russia have the most arable land in the world?

I was under the assumption that they had almost the highest amount of fresh water, as well as the most arable land because of volcanism.

>any legislation or incentive that plays off this concern is a populist win. In other words, no matter how true or not this concern is, if Putin echoes that, it's a political win.

You're right, regardless of the truth. So what you're saying is, they are reinvesting their oil money into agriculture and infastructure with incentives right? Is that what they are doing? Because if that is what they are doing, it's no wonder that they will soon surpass the united states in many factors. The unitedstates used to do all that shit, but now it is a gargantuan beaurocracy that wastes a ton of money. Even the military is that way

My dad is under the impression that "Russians still use old military methods. That's all propaganda memes though, I'm sure. Judging by USA trends, I would assume that Russia is doing way wayyy better than the U.S., and they should be. Are Euros going to begin utilizing russian economy, and emigrating to russia?

>>80631225
right? My only problem is the land. 2.25 acres isn't enough for me.
>>
>>80630776
this is why i think he wants it

its nothing to do with saftey of gmo but he just doesnt want to get cucked by usa
>>
>>80632209
Land in Siberia and the Far East is dirt cheap. That free strip of land is worth less than $1000. The problem is there is no infrastructure and not a whole lot of perspectives out there.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.