[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/ how was mass today? Gospel LK 10:25-37 There was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: 1460503288604.jpg (92 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1460503288604.jpg
92 KB, 499x499
Hey /pol/ how was mass today?

Gospel
LK 10:25-37

There was a scholar of the law who stood up to test him and said,
"Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Jesus said to him, "What is written in the law?
How do you read it?"
He said in reply,
"You shall love the Lord, your God,
with all your heart,
with all your being,
with all your strength,
and with all your mind,
and your neighbor as yourself."
He replied to him, "You have answered correctly;
do this and you will live."

But because he wished to justify himself, he said to Jesus,
"And who is my neighbor?"
Jesus replied,
"A man fell victim to robbers
as he went down from Jerusalem to Jericho.
They stripped and beat him and went off leaving him half-dead.
A priest happened to be going down that road,
but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side.
Likewise a Levite came to the place,
and when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side.
But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him
was moved with compassion at the sight.
He approached the victim,
poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them.
Then he lifted him up on his own animal,
took him to an inn, and cared for him.
The next day he took out two silver coins
and gave them to the innkeeper with the instruction,
'Take care of him.
If you spend more than what I have given you,
I shall repay you on my way back.'
Which of these three, in your opinion,
was neighbor to the robbers' victim?"
He answered, "The one who treated him with mercy."
Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

I felt as though today's readings were especially relevant to our world today. So many of us are in need of God's love and mercy.
>>
File: 1458602876831.png (102 KB, 600x730) Image search: [Google]
1458602876831.png
102 KB, 600x730
>>80560434
I haven't been to church in over a decade
>>
Don't go to church. It's boring as fuck.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 299x169
1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
>>
>>80560434
About 220 lbs
>>
>>80560434
Church is great, even if you aren't particularly religious like me. The Bible and the Christian faith are very interesting, and over all I think it's a good thing. After all, when's the last time you saw an atheist soup kitchen?
>>
File: lake-of-fire-david-fedeli.jpg (83 KB, 900x704) Image search: [Google]
lake-of-fire-david-fedeli.jpg
83 KB, 900x704
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
>>
>>80562224
>>80560434
I just got back from the Mosque and I had a great time thanks

Praise be to Allah
>>
File: ml3.jpg (1 MB, 600x2738) Image search: [Google]
ml3.jpg
1 MB, 600x2738
Don't go to the Romanist false church
>>
Romans 14:8 "If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord"
>>
>>80560590
If you're Catholic go to confession. It's very daunting to go to confession because you are literally confronting the things that you like the least about yourself, but there is nothing like bearing your soul, admiting how shitty you are to another human being and then hearing in return "Jesus loves you and has forgiven you your sins" It's easy to get embaraced about confession, to worry about how a priest might react, but honestly, most priests who have a parish of any size will get someone who has been away for years at least once a month. They are very used to talking people through confession. Finally, priests are absolutely, totally forbidden from repeating what they heard in confession, something that they take super seriously.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.