[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Euros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Euro_banknotes_2002.png (669 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
Euro_banknotes_2002.png
669 KB, 800x587
The euro banknotes are pure cotton fibre, which improves their durability as well as giving the banknotes a distinctive feel. They measure from 120 by 62 millimetres (4.7 in × 2.4 in) to 160 by 82 millimetres (6.3 in × 3.2 in) and have a variety of colour schemes.

>They measure from 120 by 62 millimetres (4.7 in × 2.4 in) to 160 by 82 millimetres (6.3 in × 3.2 in)

Why? What advantage could possibly come from non-universally sized bills? Compare this to the US, where "All small-sized bills measure 6.14 in × 2.61 in (156 mm × 66 mm)...+/- 0.08 inches (2mm) to account for margins and cutting".
>>
>>80481287
I could ask you why the dime is smaller than 5cent coin, at least our system isn't incomprehensibly retarded like yours
>>
>>80481287
Because if you are blind you can use all the banknotes and the coins without the need to ask someone else.
>>
>>80481287

>What advantage could possibly come from non-universally sized bills?

If you arrange your money correctly you can guess how much is left in your wallet.

I make sure to keep my Ordnung and keep my money stacked in ascending order of size.
>>
>>80481429
I'd imagine the difference in sizes of coins continues to exist for the purpose of vending machines to recognize them, usage in parking meters, etc. Could you explain how you believe our 'system' is 'incomprehensibly retarded'?

>>80481527
But how much longer will that matter with the continued use of credit cards and NFC payments?

>>80481560
I guess I could understand this. Personally, I keep my cash in individual twice folded wads, based on denomination.
>>
>>80481910
We use CC and NFC much less. Europeans like to have physical money.
>>
>>80481910

>unironically supporting getting rid of paper money

wew lad
>>
File: 1318621065470.png (34 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1318621065470.png
34 KB, 501x585
Enjoy your brightly coloured paper, Goyim.
>>
>>80481910
Getting rid of cash serves one purpose: to allow companies to better target you. And share that info with the government. It's idiocy to extol the virtues of non cash systems, unless they involve zero knowledge proofs.

>>80481287
It's very handy having different colours and shapes. Makes identifying a bill somewhat easier. Plus the E500 are tiny, making it easier to keep more cash outside of a tracked institution.
>>
>>80481287
>What advantage could possibly come from non-universally sized bills?
Blind people can feel the difference easier.
>>
>>80481287
Euros have a shitty, flimsy/plastic feel to them. Our new variant of polish money since 2015 has the same problem. Until last year it was based.

The GBP is easily the most based currency. USD might have been second place but then there's that nigger woman bill. Ugliest money of all time probably goes to HUF. Shekels are also ugly as fuck, egyptian pounds look better.

What are some other great/terrible designs?
>>
>>80481287
I hate that they're different sizes. Anything greater than €20 sticks out of your wallet and gets crumpled
>>
>>80481287
Makes them harder to forge and makes it easier to tell notes apart, especially for blind people
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.