[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon GO is rayciss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17
File: wjmedjzrvffazx1qgonk.png (570 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
wjmedjzrvffazx1qgonk.png
570 KB, 800x472
Kinda makes you think.

kotaku com /pokemon-go-could-be-a-death-sentence-for-a-black-man-1783388743
>>
how dare you ask a black man to put his life in danger.
>>
That is true, when over 84% of murders are committed by other blacks, and they're more likely to rob people, going outside with the stolen iphone is a death sentence if other blacks see him.
>>
Two facts:

Pokemon Go requires you to walk through your neighborhood

Your neighbors will murder you

Solution: Pokemon Go must change

Thanks Black People - you keep us honest.
>>
This is truly the bottom of the fucking barrel

Gaming 'journalism' needs to be nuked
>>
>>80382748
>Kotaku

not going there
>>
>>80383302

incense is now free in bad neighborhoods
>>
>>80383419
especially Kotaku, the most SJW of all gaming journalism. honestly surprised this one wasn't written by Patrick Klepek. can't beat this logic:

There is a statistically disproportionate chance that someone could call the police to investigate me for walking around in circles in the complex.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that I would be approached by law enforcement with fear or aggression, even when no laws have been broken.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that I will be shot while reaching for my identification that I always keep in my back right pocket.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that more shots will be fired and I will be dead before any medical assistance is available.
>>
So the nigger is upset that he'll likely be stabbed and mugged for his phone by a fellow nigger if he walks around playing it?
>>
>>80382748
Use archive.is fucking faggot or go kill yourelf.
>>
I find it a LITTLE insulting that charmander won't evolve unless I know my father's name.
>>
File: 1365653031671.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1365653031671.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>>80383874
>>
>>80382748
>>80383520
>>80383821
https://archive.is/6QdmA
>>
>>80383821
lol ok I guess I'm a fucking faggot then.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>80382748
piKKKachu strikes again
>>
>>80382748
I'm a little unnerved at the sheer amount of astroturfed marketing going on for this shit right now, everybody is commenting on it in some way or another as if it was a big event.
Meanwhile the game itself is less fun than Hey You Pikachu. Shit I may go play Snap after this, they should just sell that on AppStores or whatever.
>>
>>80384381
I'm more unnerved that I didn't have to create that picture that I originally posted. That thing is ACTUALLY ON THEIR FUCKING WEBSITE.
>>
>>80384581
That doesn't really phase me, I expect National Enquierer type writing pretty much everywhere these days, only instead of alien lovers and batboy updates, it's the hidden world of patriarchy and racism making the sensational page-splashes.
Now having 2/3rds of your friendlist all organically marketing an app game (for free) on the same day is far stranger to me, and more unsettling.
>>
>>80384381
A real poke manz game in the age of the smartphones would be pretty dope tho. Everyone could have one and we'd finally realize the dream of the '90s.
>>
Pastebin?
>>
>>80382748
The day it came out, a white kid was robbed in a black neighborhood. Malcolm X must be smiling in his grave.
>>
File: 1259465521804.jpg (50 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1259465521804.jpg
50 KB, 428x510
>>80383302

KEK'd.

It's funny how it shows the true lack of self-awareness and cognitive dissonance of black people towards any problems they themselves cause.
>>
>>80385207
Never touch a black man's Pokemon, boy.
- Chris Rock
>>
>I'm afraid because the police shot and killed black criminals even though I'm not a criminal
>>
>>80383302
You got a sensible chuckle out of me. Thanks.
>>
>>80385034
we need to get closer to the GITS future with regular augmentation before we get something that awesome, something that uses your actual eye and not just a screen you waggle around.
I really cannot wait for touch screens to die out, they are the Nintendo Wii of user-interfaces.
>>
>>80384381

It's girls too. Girls doing what they always do and being hyperbolic as loud as they can about whatever everyone else is talking about.

>I love Pokemon GO!

Bitch, you've never played a video game in your whole life, shut the fuck up.
>>
Seems like there should be a way to combine Pokemon Go and Grindr
>>
>>80384069
What a shit article, I couldn't read past the "giggled like a middle school girl" part
>>
>>80382748

"ayo chancey hol' up"
"ayo nah, clefairy lemme holla at ya"
"ayo ninetales back dat shit up ova here"
"ay where you pokemons going?"
"shit pokemons racists as fuck my nigga"
>>
Is this why bad neighborhoods are so full of ghost types?
>>
>>80385401
Probably right for at least a portion of the hype, I'm just wary of every product I see 'trending' these days, and seeing an entire batch of people suddenly become marketing sleeper-cells without any organization gives me visions of a hivemind operating in some unseen way.

>>80385448
I wonder if the author even remembers Jynx
>>
The kind of black guys who are playing Pokemon don't make cops nervous. If someone had on a weeb shirt their color is discarded from view and they are categorized differently all together on a sub conscience way.
>>
>>80385388
Augmented Reality is a Microsoft thing, maybe they can cut a deal with the gooks and give us a pokemon game
>>
>>80384963
I feel extraordinarily lucky that none of my friends have made a single post about it on kikebook. I dunno if it's just because my friends are "too old" (we are all very near 30 years old, if not older), or if it's just because I have good taste in friends.

I have no interest in the game, and I don't understand why people do.
>>
File: 1434172908392.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434172908392.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>80385878

I'd say your paranoid but I know those feels. Like you can't trust humanity because you can't tell if people have genuine interests or they do things because other people are doing them or telling them to do them.
>>
>>80386009
That's my age bracket too, and it's mostly my old friends from school and female attention-seekers like one anon said. I thought it looked dumb but gave it a shot this morning just to see, and yeah it's lame.
>>80386833
Exactly, like it's hard to tell if someone is even a person sometimes, or just a collection of stuff jammed in to make a passable facsimile.
>>
File: 1444919961133.gif (682 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444919961133.gif
682 KB, 320x240
>>80386009
Kek I love /pol/, but you guys are fucking autistic fucks who will find a way to hate everything. Pokemon was a huge worldwide phenomenon in the 90s and has always been big. Now you guys are butthurt when a big new free Pokemon game comes out that a lot of people are excited about?
Kek fucking miserable faggots will always be miserable.

It's sort of akin to those dindus that get mad and start bitching when another black man "makes it out da hood". Just want everyone to be miserable. Crabs in a pot.
>>
>>80387541
I thing the dislike of an average app game like this is proportional to the money spent hyping it to the target audience, like if a company shoves an app in your face for weeks and has twitter bots astroturfing hype for it, it probably will engender some hate for it on recognition alone regardless of the products quality.
But you were baiting so nevermind
>>
>For a black man
What about for a man from Belfast? I could take a serious beating if I go into certain areas just because I'm Catholic. Do I get to claim the game's sectarian too?
>>
>>80382748

Well, to be fair, there is a statistically disproportionate chance that a black man will commit a violent crime.

This justifies people being afraid of him, specially since it's a reaction to a cause, and not the cause itself.
>>
>>80384381
Mate. It's Pokémon. In real life.

This was never not going to be a huge deal. There's entire swathes of people all huddled around certain areas in towns and cities, meeting strangers, making friends and all because of a shallow little mobile game. The game feels genuinely sociable.
>>
>wii
>new vidya makes you lift your arms, exert motions and exercise just to play
>airbnb/uber/self driving cars/robot girlfriends
>poke-a-man go: go spend money and energy physically trekking for miles to get invisible poke-a-man cards
>bombs kill crooks with aid of police and bait the races
>you need location enabled to play this
>political dissidents located?
We tropico now. We deus ex now
>>
Take the bus to a safer area. Next question.

Also this has more to do with you being a broke ass welfare sucking fool, not the fact that your skin is that of a turd
>>
>>80388370
>uber users don't get kidnapped
>self driving cars work but we still fill out captchas
>>
>>80383679
Wearing a jogging outfit would solve number one
>>
>Let’s just go ahead and add Pokémon Go to the extremely long list of things white people can do without fear of being killed, while Black people have to realistically be wary.
wtf? its a fucking game. his life isnt in danger as long as he doesnt aggravate cops. and white people arent the only ones who enjoy the game. people of all races, including black, enjoy the game. he is by far, retarded
>>
>>80387372

You know, I think it's human default to copy. We learn that way, think about how kids just copy what they see grown ups doing. Well the very basic instinct is to do this... So what makes anyone think people STOP doing it? Especially if it leads to sex, if you copy what the other sex-haver is doing and you get sex, now you've set up a biological mating ritual that overrides the rest of your mind.

If nature teaches us anything it's that animals will repeat whatever behavior gets them laid.

It takes a certain amount of self-awareness I guess to not do it but it's obvious some people are just prone to copy the majority or their preferred majority whether they realize or not.
>>
>>80388029
I'm not baiting. The average /pol/ user is miserable beyond belief. A good portion of this board are just people waiting for the next big act of violence, death, destruction and war.
It's only natural that these people for the most part will hate almost anything that is currently popular.

I'm not much different. I'm pretty miserable too. But at the same time I see how much of a pit of misery this place can be.
>>
>>80387541
I'm not miserable. I'm just not interested in playing the game (haven't been since Silver/Gold). And if I'm not interested in playing the game, how interested do you suppose I am in hearing about someone else play the game?
>>
File: Pikachu Confederate Flag.png (452 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu Confederate Flag.png
452 KB, 650x650
>>80384269
>>
>white areas are nice places to live
>nigger areas are dangerous shitholes
>therefore white people be racist
>>
File: 12-01-24-Nervous-Guy.jpg (41 KB, 351x450) Image search: [Google]
12-01-24-Nervous-Guy.jpg
41 KB, 351x450
>>80389045
Then don't play it?
And you're triggered by what is showing up on your Facebook feed or something? Or are people texting you hourly updates on what Pokemon they caught? Are people coming up to you in public to ask what you caught?
How bad is it for you?

Tell me Anon, I need to know.
>>
>>80382748
Pastebin that Gawker Media clickbait.
>>
>>80388984
I never got that vibe from /pol/. Dissatisfied with the current political climate? Sure. Miserable? Not so much. I get that vibe more on /r9k/ than here. I mean, I'm pretty happy with my life as it currently is. Gainfully employed in a job I like, happily married for 5 years, and living in an affordable place that is just great for the price. I'm simply worried about the future.

Oh, and I have no interest in a pokemon game, and haven't for quite some time. That said, there are plenty of video games I am interested in. Playing Persona 4 Golden on a PSTV I got for free (wife wanted to go through the storyline), NieR 2 is coming out. FFXV. The new Zelda. Still need to finish playing Chrono Cross. Xenogears and Xenosaga need playing (I missed them all). Also have Xenoblade Chronicles off the WiiU store, which needs played, and Xenoblade Chronicles X was an absolute blast.

>>80389468
>Then don't play it?
I won't.

>And you're triggered by what is showing up on your Facebook feed or something? Or are people texting you hourly updates on what Pokemon they caught? Are people coming up to you in public to ask what you caught?
No. I already stated as much. I also stated I'm grateful.

>How bad is it for you?
How bad is what?

>Tell me Anon, I need to know.
I did my best to answer. Hope I helped.
>>
>Kotaku
>Gawker
>No pastebing

Oy Vey.
>>
>>80389558
It's already been done.
>>
File: 1467484522276.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1467484522276.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>The premise of Pokémon Gp
>premise of Pokémon Gp
>Pokémon Gp
>Gp

Fucking SJW whales can't even spell check their shit
>>
>>80382748
why? niggers dead, more pokamans for me
>>
>>80383679
>ayo officer trynna catch dat poliwag behind you
>oh shit senpai get that nigga
>thanks senpai

Don't fucking sperg out and act shady if you -do- get approached by the cops. Let them know, fuck you have the phone in your hand show them. Cops arn't that stupid to be oblivious to what Pokman Go is.
>>
File: 1465664555070.png (21 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1465664555070.png
21 KB, 512x384
>>80389737
>>
That's what you get for playing children's game and letting those take precedence over reality.
>>
>>80388480
>Nigger
>Wearing a jogging outfit
A nigger in a jogging outfit is clearly preparing/limbering up for some kind of crime. Perhaps a purse snatcher or cat burglar. Are you really saying "dressing like a criminal would solve number one"? You need to check your white privilege, man.

>>80389427
That's not what he's saying. He's saying police will turn up and shoot him, or some (white person) with a gun will shoot him, because niggers are more likely to be shot according to the media. Then he forgets to mention the whole thing about him also being 10-20x or more as likely to be a murderer or responsible for violence, a statistical fact that anyone can verify with official FBI statistics.
>>
>>80389427
of course a canadian cuck would think being racist is a bad thing. niggers live in shitholes because whites put them there. news flash, we are racist and proud in america, you white guilt libtard.
>>
>>80389737
We'll good for you, Anon.
Also, when does the new Zelda come out SENPAI
>>
>>80389832
They might no know yet, but as someone who got stopped by the cops for weird behavior involving Pokémon Go, it basically ended up with me telling the cop how to get it so he could play it.
>>
>>80390451
What were you doing?
>>
This is the author himself in the comments section

Omari Akil
zeldafanjtl
7/09/16 12:51pm

Thanks for the support!

You’re absolutely right though. In more homogeneous countries/cultures, this concept would never even cross their mind.
>>
i just caught a poliwag in some niggers front yard

fuk ye nigr
fuk ye nigr
>>
>>80390366
Around March of next year, I hear. Right around the time that the Nintendo NX launches (releasing the console in March is stupid as hell, in my opinion, but that's when they want to drop it). I'm planning to just pick it up on the WiiU. Only thing that will get me to pick up the NX would be a Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel.
>>
File: 1468062861840.gif (3 MB, 317x238) Image search: [Google]
1468062861840.gif
3 MB, 317x238
>>80383302
>>
>>80390774
New console what the fuck? Man I don't play video games much...
>>
> I see a few that seem to be located in my apartment complex, but unfortunately it’s getting late (around 10:30 pm) and I have a good ole’ American nine-to-five job. Like a normal adult, I started up my computer, played a couple hours of Overwatch, poked around on Facebook for another hour while in bed, then went to sleep.

"A couple hours of Overwatch" and "another hour" on Facebook. So he went to bed like at what? 1:30, 2:00? But 10:30 was late?
This dude is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>80390949
The new Zelda game will be available for both the NX and the WiiU.

Some time soon, the PS4 will be getting an upgrade (PS4 Neo), as will the Xbone (Xbox One S). There's also a Project Scorpio being developed, with a release date at some point next year.
>>
>>80391284
Lel that seems like too much.
>>
>>80391408
Agreed. I still haven't picked up a PS4 yet, and I'm holding off until the Neo is released (from what I'm reading, it's for 4k video and better performance from the VR headset, neither of which I give a fuck about, as my TV is 120htz 1080p, and my soundbar only pushes 120htz 1080p video, I'm not interested in updating either, let alone both, and I have no interest in VR.
>>
>>80391735
Again. Don't know why I didn't conclude that thought.

Don't give a fuck about the Neo, but I'm guessing regular PS4 prices will plummet when it drops.
>>
>>80388239
>Pokemon in real life
But it isn't, not even a little. It's just an app. I also don't live around anybody young enough to know how to use a phone or tablet and wouldn't go out to meet them if I did. It's about as 'in the real world' as Pocket Pikachu was, maybe if google glass or whatever takes off the idea could work though.
>>
>>80392087
>It's just an app.
Christ, you must be so alone in the world. I'm so glad I'm not as cynical and bitter as you.
>>
>>80392087
Those glasses will never be allowed in my house.

>>80392332
I don't even have a smart phone, and I'm plenty happy and "not alone." You sound like a marketer for smart phones.
>>
>>80392431
>You sound like a marketer for smart phones.
You only prove my "cynical and bitter" assessment right with posts like these.
>>
>>80392332
>confusing a doodad with reality
Anon, are you by chance 19 or so?
>>
>>80392542
Damn, really made me think about going out to try the new Samsung Galaxy S5, available at Walmart with financing options!
>>
>>80392651
No. I'm mid-twenties.

>doodad
Anon, are you by chance 89 or so?
>>
>>80382748
>There is a statistically disproportionate chance
Where the fuck are those statistics?
>>
>>80392542
But he's right, it's a really poor game but with a pokemon skin.
>>
>>80392810
Keep digging that grave for yourself.
>>
>>80392542
Except I'm neither. I am, however skeptical of your claims, considering I'm not alone, not cynical, and not bitter.

You taking anyone who disagrees with you, and questions your pushing of smart phones, and saying that it confirms your beliefs is fallacious.

>>80392810
Is that the latest version they are on right now? I haven't been keeping up. Not sarcastic, genuinely curious.
>>
>>80393084
>Still going for the smartphone salesman conspiracy
You're right. You're not cynical. You're genuinely nuts.
>>
Rattata is dangerously close to an employment agency
>>
No clue, the name is just stuck in my head from some radio ad that plays constantly, I know nothing about smartphones and only use my tablet while my desktop is out of commission. My phone is cheap junk but does the 3 things I want it for, I don't really care about it doing much else and get tired of the endless gimmick-hype with every iteration.
>>
"Sorry Ash seems like you've run into (A gang a niggaz) you'll need the (blackface makeup) in order to cross this area even then safety is not guaranteed, good luck and hopefully you can get to that mew!"
>>
>>80393400
>My phone is cheap junk but does the 3 things I want it for
Calling, alarm and MP3 player?
>>
>>80393207
Honestly, I don't care if you are or not. I was just informing you of what you sound like. It seriously sounds like a Verizon salesman trying to get me to upgrade.
>>
>>80393532
>STILL going with that conspiracy theory
You need help.
>>
>>80382748

Too late, white kid already died falling off a bridge while playing Pokemon Go.
>>
File: ravine 2.jpg (70 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
ravine 2.jpg
70 KB, 650x650
>>80393400
Ditto. My phone is mostly used for an alarm, calling, and texting. 15 bucks per month, too, and all the unused minutes/text/data (for pic messages) roll over so long as I renew my plan once every 29 days, instead of every 30.

It also has a pedometer built in, which is nice.
>>
>>80393500
Actually map, weather and messenger/text, don't make tons of calls while away from home so it mostly goes unused. MP3 is nice but a chore I don't always bother with.
>>
>>80382748
>shitaku
has hogan not changed the writing staff yet?
>>
Wait a minute how can people who live in poverty riddled dangerous neighborhoods afford smartphones in the first place?
>>
File: 1458869831930.jpg (29 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
1458869831930.jpg
29 KB, 640x519
>>80382748
from the comments
>In Japan 99% of people are Japanese, and I’m guessing that all of them can freely wander the streets without worrying they’ll be assumed to be a criminal. I doubt Nintendo considered that in America there’s an entire class of people that are criminalized just because of the color of their skin.

Hmmm. Really made me think.
>>
>>80393756
>pedometer
I know what that actually us but being on 4chan I can't help but interpret it as a pedo detector.
>>
>>80393865
Lack of financial priorities, freed-up money from having food cards.
>>
>>80393865
Obamaphones. Not even joking. You go on food stamps, you get a phone for free.
>>
>>80393756
I feel like Ive seen you post this pic 20 times already on /pol/, shut up!!
>>
FUCKING AUSTRALIAN NIGGERS
WHY DO THEY GET THE KANGASKHAN MONOPOLY?
>>
>>80393977
Last I checked, Watch Dogs isn't an actual thing yet, so we don't get to figure out what everyone is by holding up a phone. I have mixed feelings about that.
>>
>>80394114
Shouldn't those really be more of an East Asian steppes exclusive?
>>
>>80387541
funny, because these phone-camera-type games have been around since about the late 90's, but now that pokemon's doing it it's supposed to be important
>>
>>80394063
Probably because its literally the first picture of the phone on an image search.
>>
File: 1466480820507.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1456) Image search: [Google]
1466480820507.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1456
fucking kill me now. I'm not ready for the future of gaming.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>80384069
>This week has been a catastrophe for Blackness
>>
>>80394527
/thread
>>
>>80394527
Dip into the past, m8. I've been playing Company of Heroes and having a blast. Can't wait to play as the Germans in the expansion.
>>
>>80382748
Obviously he shouldn't be going into high level zones right off the bat. What kind of fucking casual is this guy?
>>
>>80385388
Getting closer

http://time.com/3758763/google-smart-contact-lens/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_contact_lens
>>
>>80382748
Game's not even fun.
>>
>>80394527
This is more about the future of gaming "journalism." There's no chance that any developer would alter its games some paranoid nigger thinks playing it will endanger himself.
>>
I thought Hulk was shutting that network of sites down, but it seems as popular as ever
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.