[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He pisses off liberals, republicans, muslims, and sjws. He has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Sam_Harris_2016.jpg (83 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Harris_2016.jpg
83 KB, 1280x855
He pisses off liberals, republicans, muslims, and sjws. He has sound and logical arguments. Stays calm and collected during debates. What is not to love about Sam Harris?
>>
His work on morality is nonsensical.
>>
have him come to pol with a screencap proving its him and do an ama
google didnt hotlink me to his essays so fuck if i'm going to read them, though they sound interesting
>>
>>80288227
This. Its an absolute laughing stock that does nothing to solve the problems of the field of Ethics.
>>
>>80288074
What happened to Ben Stiller?
>>
>>80288074
>He has sound and logical arguments
Did you listen to him on JRE when he talked about supporting Hillary?

That made no sense at all.
>>
>>80288480

Neither do philosophers.
>>
>>80288897
True, but at least they don't pretend to have solved the IS-OUGHT problem just because neurologists can objectify pleasure.
>>
>>80288074
Looks like Seth Green
>>
>>80289039
>IS-OUGHT problem

care to elaborate?
>>
>>80288747
To you maybe. I thought it made the argument for her over Trump convincingly. Basically, she's got baggage but he's a fucking moron.
>>
>>80288074
He loves hillary clinton and is too much of a pussy to be a republican
>>
Fucking snooze fest
>>
I act like a calm buddha while I talk therefore i'm right
>>
>>80288074
((((((((((((((Samuel Harris))))))))))))) will vote for Hillary Clinton

((((((((((((((Samuel Harris))))))))))))) is a zionist kike.
>>
>>80289127
The IS-OUGHT problem is a philosophical problem first noted by David Hume where he said that you cannot derive an imperative from a state of affairs without first axiomatically asserting that something is inherently desirable.

In short, all moral systems ultimately have as their foundation stone "Because I said so", no matter how 'objective' or 'valid' you think your moral system is.

Listen to most people moralizing. They start by saying "X is inherently desirable. Because X is inherently desirable, we should do X, Y, Z..."

If you just say "X is not inherently desirable" their whole beautiful philosophy comes crumbling down. This applies to every philosophy.
>>
>>80288074
>HUU HUU HUU MUH USLAM
>ignores the CIA
>Ignores the Leftist government
>Ignores everything that is actually destroying civilization
>B-but it's religion lol science xd
He's an agent of Leftist globalism, period. I really thought /pol/ was more sensible than to take a thinly veiled neocon seriously.
>>
>>80289760
/pol/ worships Hitchens and other new atheists.

Seems like there is a lot of people here who can't get enough of necons.
>>
I like him when he isn't directly with promoting new atheism.
>>
>>80288074
He is a liberal, though.

>Perhaps I should establish my liberal bone fides at the outset. I'd like to see taxes raised on the wealthy, drugs decriminalized and homosexuals free to marry. I also think that the Bush administration deserves most of the criticism it has received in the last six years — especially with respect to its waging of the war in Iraq, its scuttling of science and its fiscal irresponsibility. ."
>>
>>80288074
>He pisses off liberals, republicans, muslims, and sjws
So he does not piss jews off? Ok, that's all I need to know. This dude is not genuine, and he's not my ally.
>>
No one likes hard determinism.

His stuff on neuroscience and cognition are okay though.
>>
>>80289159
No, not really. She is a murdering criminal guilty of high level corruption who heads one of the most corrupt foundations on Earth.

If you support Hillary Clinton for ANY reason you are supporting crime and corruption in politics, period. He did not make a good case, he made a retarded emotional case--but I'd expect that from a man who has bought hook line and sinker the neoconservative narrative about Islam and the Middle East.

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to fuck with foreign cultures, nevermind that it has never worked ever, we have to bring them into the global community maaaaaaaan, we have to fund their "moderates" (see: CIA mercenaries) and secularists (see: Radical Leftists) maaaaan, it's for the good of humaaaaaanity!

He's a cuck. He is criminally ignorant of the actual situation in the Middle East and indeed globally. He is the most bluepilled human being alive. He's a fucking Jew. It blows my mind that there are still people who just ignore all of the fact and worship the very people responsible for all of our problems.
>>
I think his work on ethics is fine, but hardly original. The is-ought problem is stupid, it's just radical skepticism applied to ethics. If you complain about that, you might as well complain about any epistemological claim as well.

On the other hand, Sam has been annoying me lately with his Buddhism crap and the teaming up with "moderate Islam". He isn't even that collected. He freaks out on nearly a daily basis about people who malign him. He has lost his cool plenty of times during his own podcast. Who even loses their cool at all, ever, in broadcasted conversations? Buddhism is shit anyway.

..And so is "moderate Islam". He might as well have teamed up to write a book with William Lane Craig about Christianity. Fuck that. Be a hardline atheist. Islam sucks. Radical and moderate. Why? Because they both believe in a fucking imaginary friend, and that's stupid.
>>
File: Sam.jpg (164 KB, 1203x903) Image search: [Google]
Sam.jpg
164 KB, 1203x903
>>80289551
He was a bit of a loafer but one of the better philosophers. Philosophy is really just something that happened because the clever monkey suddenly found himself somewhat momentarily secure in life, not fighting for survival, goes back to the Greek philosophers at the height of their empire. Some had to go climbing mountains naked in the rain to find themselves then philosophize about it. Sam is fairly based and the world would be a lesser place without him.
>>
>>80289159
>she's got baggage

That's a nice way of saying that Hillary Clinton is a criminal with blood on her hands.
>>
9/10 people can't understand him so he is mostly useless. He criticizes Trump for using dumbed down rhetoric, but if he actually cared about fighting Islam he would do the same.
>>
>>80288074
Atheism is a mental disorder. Humans memed God into existence over 10,000 years ago.
>>
>>80290306
He's a fucking Jew and if we slit his throat into a storm drain tomorrow, the world would be a better place. He deserves to die sputtering on his own blood, fully aware of his impending demise.
>>
You can't not let muslims into your country goyim! If you don't, you're a RACIST~! Sure, I acknowledge Islam to be bad, but that doesn't give you the right to not be subjugated by it!
>>
File: oven.jpg (77 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oven.jpg
77 KB, 400x400
>MUH MUSLIMIC 911 RAYGUNS

Sorry, you go into oven
>>
File: 1467825386897.jpg (67 KB, 756x553) Image search: [Google]
1467825386897.jpg
67 KB, 756x553
>>80288074
What a sad existence of those retards who are for this random potato man
>>
>>80290304
The IS-OUGHT problem is not stupid, but it does together with Nietzche and Stirner redefine ethics, so that people stop thinking of it like physics and start thinking of it like political systems.

Which is to say, human-made systems with particular goals in mind related to the interests of particular agents.
>>80290306
No, he's a terrible philosopher. Most of the New Atheists are, and I said that as an atheist. They march into fields they know nothing about, and pretend to talk as experts. Its embarrassing and insulting.

Its like whenever Richard Dawkins talks about theology. Its like Dawkins I love ya, I agree with your conclusions, but you have on idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: Damian_Lewis_Berlin_2015.jpg (22 KB, 220x353) Image search: [Google]
Damian_Lewis_Berlin_2015.jpg
22 KB, 220x353
>>80288074

I thought the Brody storyline was pretty trash after the first season of Homeland, but that was primarily the writer's fault. Not even Daniel Day Lewis could have salvaged that shit
>>
>>80288074
His arguments for being on the political left are anything but logical. He's only listenable when he is talking about religion and even then it's just a waste of time when he's talking about the danger of anything but Islam. Christianity was defanged a long long time ago.
>>
>>80288074

>Claims there is no free will
>Proceeds to proselytize everyone on the need to be a moral and good person

Wew Lad
>>
>>80288747
But after Orlando he said that Trump is only one naming the problem of Islam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auAWT0TNcfg
>>
>>80290984
*the only one
>>
Used to like him until saw him on Joe rogan. His irrational fear and rejection of AI is ridiculous, he's just a Muslim apologist Luddite faggot like.
>>
>>80289159
>says Trump could rape someone and his supporters would still support him
>Hillary as a lawyer got a child rapist off the hook and Harris is supporting her.

kek
>>
File: 1464024942138.gif (3 MB, 267x212) Image search: [Google]
1464024942138.gif
3 MB, 267x212
>be sam harris
>caress the cutdicks of israel
>be cointelpro for the neets
>>
>>80288227
This
>>
>>80288074
I love Harris' podcasts because he's often wrong and can never believe it, he always thinks his guest is just misunderstanding him. lol
>>
>>80288897
What? I mean there is hundreds of years worth of arguments by philosophers on ethics.
>>
>>80290665
>No, he's a terrible philosopher. Most of the New Atheists are, and I said that as an atheist. They march into fields they know nothing about, and pretend to talk as experts. Its embarrassing and insulting.

>Its like whenever Richard Dawkins talks about theology. Its like Dawkins I love ya, I agree with your conclusions, but you have on idea what you're talking about.

sounds pretty pretentious bro
>>
>>80289159
You thought that because you, like Harris, support the browning of America. It's just basic drives. He's not clever or nuanced.
>>
>>80288374
they aren't interesting, it's like an insanely dry and monotone Hitchens
>>
>>80292599
>he always thinks his guest is just misunderstanding him. lol

kek

That is his entire MO.

Harris say something dumb and retarded and then preceeds to whine about how people are misunderstanding his arguments.

He's a pro-war, pro-torture neocon, and yet he continuesto pretend that he's a liberal.
>>
>>80294111
Let me also add that even Hitchens had the balls to defend his pro-war and pro-tortue postions.

Hitchens, for all his faults, never whined about people not ""getting"" his arguments.
>>
>>80289330

This.

He ah ... he takesss so long to .. to say things that ..that simply shouldn't take that ah .. That long to say but he obviously just, ah .. loves the sound of his own .. voice ...

And he whistles a lot when he talks.
>>
>>80294552
Those long pauses are fucking irritating, it's like he gets some smug satisfaction out of it
>>
Sam is a gentle giant and nobody on this earth seems to find a flaw in his arguments without misinterpreting them.
>>
>>80288074
>What is not to love about Sam Harris?
kike
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.