[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOSS = 21st Century Red Pill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: snowden quote.jpg (116 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
snowden quote.jpg
116 KB, 750x421
Why aren't you protecting your data? Why aren't you using encrypted communications? Why are you still using Windows/OSX?

>I have nothing to hide.

It doesn't matter. It's a prosecutor's job to use every possible detail he can find to spin it in such a way to make you look guilty. A few years ago a guy was charged with insider trading, and they looked through his emails to try to make innocuous email exchanges look like evidence that he knew insider information. Fortunately, he won the trial, and since then he became a privacy advocate.

They will take all your quotes out of context and demonize you. /pol/ of all boards should recognize this, because as a fringe right-wing community, you are tomorrow's Muslims, targeted for surveillance.

I bet this thread will slide off the last page, but this is the most important practical red pill you can swallow.
>>
>>80276073
I use PGP + Tor for anything that needs safety. Works breddy good leafblower.
>>
>"I had my little fun with the SEC, and what happened was, every message I sent, everything that I wrote, they decided to create their own context," he said Wednesday. "If I said, 'The sky was blue,' they said, 'You didn't really mean that. You were just trying to fool us.' When I said, 'I hate to lose,' in reference to Mavericks games, they said, 'So, you hate to lose. You're not willing to take a loss on a share trade.' I mean, it was just ridiculous. And so it made me realize, along with just other experiences, when you hit 'send' on a text, you lose ownership of that. Not only do you lose ownership, you retain responsibility for that text."
>>
>>80276073

But I'm using GNU/Linux
>>
>>80276263
It's a good start.
>>
>>80276073
Have FDE on all 8 of my disks, I use windows but I firewall off all traffic so muh-spying isn't an issue. The best way to use Tor is really just to set up a VM on your PC and bridge that VM with Tor directly with something like Tortilla which ensures all traffic from the VM in secure and that allows you to use any TCP app (no UDP) over Tor without the worry of apps being able to dial home outside of Tor to get your WAN IP.

The whole FOSS meme has never really bothered me, no one audits their own source code, hardly anyone bothers checking the binaries checksums, none of that stuff has any actual practical benefit.
>>
>>80276545
>tips red hat
>>
I'm ready to get rid of the botnet. Which Linux distro does /pol/ recommend?

I've used Red Hat Linux in university but otherwise never touched Linux.
>>
>>80277492
If you're a complete noob, try Ubuntu (including Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc.) or Linux Mint.

If you have enough experience with Red Hat, try Fedora.
>>
File: 1416199004260s.jpg (14 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
1416199004260s.jpg
14 KB, 464x464
Yes because the feds are going to waste time, money and resources when you told your friend 4 years ago you stole a pack of gum from a store over the internet and will come after you.
>>
>>80276820
The brit is rite
>>
>>80276073

They will get you whatever you use. Windows is good for games. Any other OS is a personal choice what to use while being monitored regardless.
>>
you can probably hide your info from casuals like the FBI, but I don't believe you can from the NSA they have everything and always will
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.