[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cg/ -- Christianity General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (921 KB, 564x754) Image search: [Google]
file.png
921 KB, 564x754
Praying for America edition.
Discuss prayer. Post your usual habits.

Personally I do the following.
>drink a glass of water right after waking up
>read three pages in a spiritual book
>speak a simple, concrete prayer
>meditate for 5 minutes (timed)
>start day

It's a simple rite, but it helps me get through the day and prevents bad habits from forming when I'm on holiday.

http://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/articles
http://liveanddare.com/contemplative-prayer-and-christian-meditation/
>>
>>80273324
Satan 4 lyfe
>>
When I'm with family, we always eat together as a family, and we say grace first.

I've been meaning to get back into the timed meditation thing. That shit is so much more difficult than you'd think. I almost made it to 10 minutes at the peak of my efforts.
>>
>>80273324
that's great advice. I just pray whenever I feel stressed. it takes away the stress immediately afterwards. speaking to God is empowering. everybody who hasn't tried it, give it a try.
>>
>>80273324
>>80273803
>>80274333

Have any of you people ever even tried to be a Satanist? You don't even know what you are missing.
>>
hello nigger
>>80273324
>>
I'm having doubts that are affecting my faith.

If Adam and Eve never really existed and there's no real evidence for the historicity of Exodus then what is the New Testament built on? Was Moses a historical person? If not, then who did Jesus talk to during the Transfiguration?
>>
>>80274492
I've flirted with things like that, but quickly determined it was the wrong way to go. What would you say we're missing?
>>
File: 332tt.png (661 KB, 1323x649) Image search: [Google]
332tt.png
661 KB, 1323x649
Planning a great pilgrimage (Lisbon to Jerusalem on foot) that might take several years and could result in death.

Anyone ever try anything like this?
>>
>>80275686
Oh shit nigga how are you bankrolling that? That sounds like the adventure of a lifetime.

All I can say is that the people I've known who have just up and traveled and gone pretty much their own way have always come out for the better. Although these generally have been above-average people in terms of intelligence, charisma, practical skills, willingness to suffer, etc.
>>
>>80276307
Some guy walked across America with $5,000. With one year of work I can save $15,000. Since I'm planning to go when I'm 30, I should have more than enough by then.
>>
>>80276307
Travelling will never NOT make you a better person unless you go full tourist and just stay in your hotel.

Honestly the single best thing you can do (aside from being born tall, mentally stable and intelligent) is just grinding random jobs in various locations around the world.

That can be disaster relief, teaching or anything else.

Just get out there.

Work.

Learn.
>>80277278
I can see it. Without rent or loans guzzling your money life suddenly becomes RIDICULOUSLY cheap if you're either smart or 'wise'.

>>80274492
>>80273400

Eh. If I wanted what Satanism usually offers I'd either do some sort of eastern mysticism or just live as an Agnostic.

The usual buffet is usually just
>HEDONISM!
>DO WHATEVER!
Agnosticism.
>POWER!
Git gud.
>INSIGHT
Buddhism.

I don't need some label for any of that. Hell, even Shaktism makes more sense.

>>80273803
>I've been meaning to get back into the timed meditation thing. That shit is so much more difficult than you'd think. I almost made it to 10 minutes at the peak of my efforts.
It's not a contest. In general you'll want to do either Mindfullness (just paying attention on the now) or 'void' (pay attention only to your breathing, let thoughts happen without trying to fight them) and set an alarm after which you stop no matter how 'successful' you were.

I generally don't much like Islam but Sufis are kind of based and have some things you could easily co-opt for your purposes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.