[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scientists have discovered a new threat to the antibiotic of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Ron Paul 2.png (295 KB, 620x634) Image search: [Google]
Ron Paul 2.png
295 KB, 620x634
>European scientists have discovered another gene that makes bacteria resistant to the antibiotic of last resort, one that could spread more easily among other kinds of bacteria.

>The gene, called mcr-two, was found in E coli bacteria from pigs in Belgium, the scientists reported Thursday in the journal Euro surveillance. It is similar to the gene mcr-one, which was first identified in China last fall and has now been seen in 30 countries across five continents, including the United States.

>Both genes confer resistance to a drug called colistin, an antibiotic used to cure infections that have already developed resistance to other antibiotics.

Colistin resistance has been seen before, but both mcr-one and mcr-two pose a particularly worrisome threat. The genes are carried on plasmids, mobile pieces of DNA that can be swapped from one bacterium to another, even from different families. That means they can wind up in bacteria that infect people.
>>
>Video on subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbcwi7SfZE

>Source
http://www.businessinsider.com/scientists-discover-new-threat-to-antibiotic-of-last-resort-2016-7
>>
>>80236286
Bump
>>
I don't get it
>>
>>80236286
>>Plasmids

Bio shock is real!!!
>>
File: 1465416626602.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1465416626602.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>80238530
Watch the video nigger
>>
>>80238880
No.
>>
>>80236286

No big deal. Bacteria and antibiotics will always be leapfrogging each other.
>>
When's the last time you took colistin? Exactly.

This literally doesn't matter unless you have a compromised immune system.
>>
>>80239090
>No big deal

It is actually.It takes decades to develop an antibiotic.
>>
wow so evolution is real who knew
>>
>>80238530

Basically agriculture has been pumping the animals so full of antibiotics, that bacteria resistant to antibiotics and drugs has started to surface all over the world.

Similar bacteria was recently found near the olympic venues in Brazil, because hospitals have been using the bay as a dumping ground for their medical waste.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/05/americas/rio-de-janeiro-super-bacteria/

> "super bacteria" entered the city's waterways when sewage coming from local hospitals got channeled into the bay.

>The news comes as Rio prepares to host hundreds of thousands of athletes and tourists during next month's Summer Olympics.
Among the beaches flagged were Flamengo and Botafogo, which border the bay where Olympic sailors are scheduled to compete.

So get ready for an era of incurable or medically untreatable diseases starting to arise.
Kinda like Ebola, there's no cure to that shit.
Your body has to fight it off on it's own and the mortality rates are high as fuck.
>>
Thanks the soviet union for not stopping research in the alternative to antibiotics.
No thanks to the clickbait media.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage
>>
>>80239196
>not having been impregnated by a poz giftbearer

Are you gay or something?
>>
Some researchers actually tried some medieval recipes written in norse to kill a infection I forger what kind something that effects the eye. It actually worked surprisingly and the theory is after awhile these bacteria and viruses lose their immunity to such things.
>>
>>80239392

Ebola is cured now. It's just expensive. Remember "I Am Growing Stronger"?
>>
>>80239965
>Some researchers actually tried some medieval recipes written in norse to kill a infection I forger what kind something that effects the eye. It actually worked surprisingly and the theory is after awhile these bacteria and viruses lose their immunity to such things.

Yeah, but if it takes hundreds of years to do that and it only takes 50 for every antibiotic on the planet to be ineffective, we have huge problems.
>>
>>80239965

Basic stuff like proper nutrition can work wonders.
It's just been basically put aside after people started popping drugs left and right and people don't give it the respect it deserves.

For example something like fresh unprocessed garlic can fuck up infections left and right and do wonders to your body and the immune system.

>>80240337

Sure I remember it. I actually made that original pic with the glowing eyes and the text under it.
Good times. I kinda wish it would resurface once again, those threads were comfy as hell.

> It's just expensive
And this is the case with most things.
Even cancer is very much treatable, it just costs an arm and a leg to do it.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/dec/06/immunotherapy-drug-jimmy-carters-cancer-cure
Carter spent some time in an experimental cancer treatment which cost something like 10k a day and the terminal brain cancer was gone in a month.
>>
>>80236509
>that autistic video
>>
>>80240551
the maximum severity of potential problems is still overstated. yeah, people'll die, but it's not extinction level or anything
>>
>>80240337
he died
>>
File: 1460394895530.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460394895530.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
Why are pigs being pumped with so much antibiotics? It obviously makes their immune system weaker. Pigs suffering from more diseases than any other animal in the world.

Who's responsible for this? Is it the Jews or the Muslims, /pol/? Both hate pigs equally. Don't tell me that nature is responsible for it because I don't buy that bullshit for a second
>>
oy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.