[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Constitutional Convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20
File: texas ball.jpg (12 KB, 288x320) Image search: [Google]
texas ball.jpg
12 KB, 288x320
It's Happening – Texas Governor Calling For Convention Of The States To Rein In Washington

>>Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.

>>Require Congress to balance its budget.

>>Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from creating federal law.

>>Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from preempting state law.

>>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

>>Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.

>>Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.

>>Give state officials the power to sue in federal court when federal officials overstep their bounds.

>>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.

So mote it be. Spread the good word.

http://www.uschronicle.com/happening-texas-governor-calling-convention-states-rein-washington/#
>>
File: 1461905111290.png (93 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1461905111290.png
93 KB, 500x501
>>80014602
Bump.
>>
Pls let it happen
>>
File: exploding vans.gif (220 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
exploding vans.gif
220 KB, 165x115
Here's an archive for you guys as well

https://archive.is/vvBkf
>>
File: 1464764658979.png (567 KB, 480x639) Image search: [Google]
1464764658979.png
567 KB, 480x639
>>80014602

Quite based. If I wanted to move to Texas to support movements like this, which city would you suggest?
>>
File: 95994207_640.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
95994207_640.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
>>80014602
BASED FUCKING TEXAS
>>
>1865 civil war fought over niggers
>2016 civil war fought over queers and trannies

>still nobody wants to say it's all over states rights
>>
>>80014602
Hope da gubna rolls deeper than Hillary.
>>
>>80014602
>>>Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.

Yes.

>>>Require Congress to balance its budget.

Yes

>>>Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from creating federal law.

Yes

>>>Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from preempting state law.

Yes

>>>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

Yes

>>>Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.

No

>>>Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.

Yes

>>>Give state officials the power to sue in federal court when federal officials overstep their bounds.

Yes

>>>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.

Yes
>>
>>80014602
Bah. They should just have a Texit referendum instead
>>
Full list of amendments:
Bill Content Amendment

All bills submitted to Congress shall pertain to one matter and one matter alone, as outlined in the title of the bill. All bills must be read, in full, vocally, within the chamber, before presentation to either the House or the Senate for a vote.

Foreign Powers Amendment

No treaty or executive agreement shall be made abridging or prohibiting the free exercise of the rights of citizens of the United States protected by this Constitution. No treaty or executive agreement shall vest in any international organization or in any foreign power any of the legislative, executive, or judicial powers vested by this Constitution in the Congress, the President, and in the courts of the United States, respectively. No treaty or executive agreement shall alter or abridge the laws of the United States or the Constitution of laws of the several unless, and then only to the extent that, Congress shall so provide by joint resolution.

Executive agreements shall not be made in lieu of treaties. Executive agreements shall, if not sooner terminated, expire automatically one year after the end of the term of office for which the President making the agreement shall have been elected, but the Congress may, at the request of any President, extend for the duration of the term of such President the life of any such agreement made or extended during the next preceding Presidential term. The President shall publish all executive agreements except that those which in his judgment require secrecy shall be submitted to appropriate committees of the Congress in lieu of publication.
>>
>>80015702
None of this will happen
>>
>>80015869
Congressional District Amendment

No longer shall Congressional districts be redrawn by sitting state representatives, nor shall they be redrawn under any circumstance other than an official change in population–as defined by the United States Census–of the corresponding districts in the respective states. Congressional districts shall henceforth be redrawn in a manner according to the mathematical Golden Ratio, where physically applicable within the bounds of state geometry.

The center of the smallest district shall be situated in the center of the most populous city in the state at time of ratification and henceforth from the time of finalization of the most recent census. Expansion outward from the first district follows the mathematical Golden Ratio accordingly. New districts formed due to a change in population shall be created by halving the size of the district in which said population has changed.

Senate Restoration Amendment

The Seventeenth Amendment is hereby repealed. All Senators shall be chosen by their state legislatures as prescribed by Article I. This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution. When vacancies occur in the representation of any State in the Senate for more than ninety days, the governor of the State shall appoint an individual to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term. A Senator may be removed from office by a two-thirds vote of the state legislature.
>>
>>80015912
Federal Spending Amendment

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed. Congress shall adopt a preliminary fiscal year budget no later than the first Monday in May for the following fiscal year, and submit said budget to the President for consideration. Shall Congress fail to adopt a final fiscal year budget prior to the start of each fiscal year, which shall commence on October 1 of each year, and shall the President fail to sign said budget into law, an automatic, across-the-board, 5 percent reduction in expenditures from the prior year's fiscal budget shall be imposed for the fiscal year in which a budget has not been adopted.

Total outlays of the federal government for any fiscal year shall not exceed its receipts for the fiscal year. Total outlays of the federal government for each fiscal year shall not exceed 17.5 percent of the nation's gross domestic product for the previous calendar year. Congress may provide for a one-year suspension of one or more of the preceding sections in this Article by a three-fifths vote of both Houses of Congress, provided the vote is conducted by roll call and sets forth the specific excess of outlays over receipts or outlays over 17.5 percent of the Nation's gross domestic product.

The limit on the debt of the United States held by the public shall not be increased unless three-fifths of both Houses of Congress shall provide for such an increase by roll call vote. This Amendment shall take effect in the fourth fiscal year after its ratification.

Financial Institution Amendment

In the elucidation of Constitution Article 1, Section 8, regarding the power of the United States Congress to coin money, regulate its value, and standardize this valuation against foreign coin, the United States Congress’ power to perform the aforementioned tasks is to be understood as being indelegable. No institution save for the United States government is to be tasked with the coinage and supply of the money of the United States.
>>
>>80015879

ok. I just rated whether I agree with 'em or not.
>>
>>80015974
Regulation of Congressional Activity Amendment

Congress may not regulate–nor have authority over, save where actions run in contradiction to existing federal law or the Constitution–activities that occur wholly within one state.

Regulation of Executive Activity Amendment

Federal administrative agencies of may not act in such a way that preempts the laws of a state where such action is not already federal law.

Modification of Judicial Powers Amendment

A decision made by the Supreme Court of the United States may be overruled with a two-thirds majority vote held by the people or congresses of the states.

Modification of Judicial Review Amendment

In order to overturn a law enacted through a vote, the Supreme Court of the United States must vote with a seven justice supermajority.

Modification of Congressional Powers Amendment

A two-thirds majority of the states may override any federal law or regulation.
>>
>>80015974
>The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed.

>No more federal income taxes

uhhh gr8 plan
>>
>>80015794

That's impossible though, which is the difference here.

Focus on practical solutions.
>>
long live the republic
>>
>>80015993
Sorry, I wasn't shitting on your post. I agree with you but I don't think it'll happen.
>>
>>80014602
Secede already goddamnit
>>
File: Based Texas.png (14 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Based Texas.png
14 KB, 800x800
>>80014602
Love my state.
>>
This is not the first time some states have called for a convention. I think there was one in like 2004 that was like 3 states short of being able to force one.

Don't expect ANY major coverage
>>
>>80014602
BASED TEXAS
>>
File: 4bQrxvn.jpg (51 KB, 446x320) Image search: [Google]
4bQrxvn.jpg
51 KB, 446x320
>>80014602

Most of these will just allow state governments to be more authoritarian and fuck with their citizens' lives in harmful ways.

NE states and California could say goodbye to guns, Texas will place more restrictions on workers self-management, the South will become a toxic wasteland with no EPA restrictions, and the midwest will make getting abortions and birth control impossible.

>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

The senate are the representatives of the states. This heavily upsets the balance of powers between congress and the judicial branch.

>Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.

Why would you want this? Congress are a bunch of jumpy trend-following idiots who will pass anything popular to get reelected, do you want fewer rights

>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.

So again, the senate represents the states. They are already responsible for approving and repealing laws, what would would this even change?
>>
>>80017327
>The Senate represents the states

The Senate represents big banks, special interests, Israel, and each other. If they represented the states, we wouldn't need a convention.
>>
File: Texas.png (308 KB, 505x805) Image search: [Google]
Texas.png
308 KB, 505x805
>>80014602
>>
>>80015321
>city

none.

ever, or at least not the big ones.
>>
>>80015879
A balanced budget amendment came very close in the 1980s when Reagan was promoting it. It takes 34 states supporting a general topic to call a convention to discuss it and 38 to pass a specific amendment. No action by the federal government is required to amend the Constitution. Requiring 38/50 means you don't need the 12 most tyrannical, so states like California, Illinois, New York, etc are not required.
>>
I'd like to see it happen but we all know this will amount to nothing
>>
>>80017327
The Senate represented the States before the 17th amendment. Now they are redundant with the House in representing the people of each state, but in different proportions.
>>
>>80017327
do you know what state's rights are and why they're important fellow burger? It's about self-determination for those groups, it's authoritarian to force states that don't want x to go along with it because the federal government says so.
>>
>>80014602
All of this because you're still this pissed off about fag marriage?
>>
>>80017894
I think a lot more states would go along with this. Some fly-over states may outlaw gay marriage and abortion, but the other states can be gun free legal pot states full of illegal immigrants.
>>
>>80015912
>golden ratio
MAGA
Make America Geometric Again

Shitposting aside this is something I would definitely approve all of it except the Supreme Court super majority and maybe the income tax.
>>
>>80017894
You are quite literally the first person to think of fag marriage in regards to this.

Fuck off.
>>
>>80014602

This came out January, its old info
>>
When will you fags learn

Strong federal government is necessary to maintain a powerful nation
>>
Greg Abott is one of the greatest texas governors ever
>>
>>80019545
Yup. Yup. Like China, Russia and soon to be USSE.
>>
>>80017791
What you said.
>>
>>80014602
All looks good.

Only things I would add is term limits for all poltiticans, reduce their pay, and prevent them from exempting themselves from any and all laws. Force them to be public servants drawn from the people like the founders wanted.
>>
>>80020031

China is based as fuck, they are forcing muslims owned restaurants to serve pork

China is also the 2nd largest economy in the world, and pretty much got there within 60 years.
>>
File: ringtail3.jpg (50 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
ringtail3.jpg
50 KB, 900x500
>>80017539

>The Senate represents big banks, special interests, Israel, and each other

The Senate's been representing the rich and powerful since its inception. What do you propose instead?

>>80017801

>but in different proportions.

That's the entire point. It gives the residents of smaller states a voice equal to that of the rich and populous states so that the big ones don't fuck over everyone else.

>>80017836

It's even more authoritarian to give local government the ability to erode your rights further than the federal government could ever dream of because of their more intimate knowledge of the people they manage. Local governments are also at least as corrupt as the federal government, possibly more so because they're easier to buy off.
>>
>>80019545
except, we aren't a nation anymore
>>
>>80017894
No, it's about restoring the ideals of the founders.
A limited federal government of the people, by the people and for the people, not a bloated mass run by the elites who gove no fucks about the common man.
Governmental power should be like a pyramid, with the fed being the top: least control, dedicated to taxes, currency, some infrastructure, dealing with other nations, and most importantly: national defence.
The indiviual should be at the bottom, with the most power, because it's their life and they know how to run it better than anyone else.
>>
>>80020138
>reduce their pay,

thus making them more subservient to special interests
>>
>>80014602
I hope Rick Perry is proud. I miss him, even though he disliked gay marriage.
>>
>>80017894
No, it's about bringing back slavery. If you're going to shitpost leftist hysteria, do it right.
>>
>>80020495
Nope. Here in Texas state politicians make very little, all of them have jobs out side of politics, and congress only meets a few times a year. And it's working more than fine, it's allowed us to be one of the best and most sucessful states in the union.
>>
>>80014602

Only this level of retarded showmanship could come from my state.
>>
The first few ideas are interesting, but then it just dives face-first into shit and can't be taken seriously.
>>
File: 1465604580156.jpg (23 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1465604580156.jpg
23 KB, 299x288
>>80020490

>restoring the ideals of the founding fathers
>madison was not a founding father
>>
cheering for you Texas, good luck.
>>
>>80020552
I started out hating him but he went out like an absolute champion. Fuck that drunk district attorney attacking policemen.
>>
>>80015321

You would have to move to some small shitty town in west or east Texas probably. Maybe FAR north or the area around Houston.

Avoid Central Texas and in particular Austin, we don't want your dumb shit here.
>>
>>80014602
>override supreme court

nope. fuck that. You wanna turn the entire country into California?
>>
>>80020440
>That's the entire point.
No, it's half the point. The other half was to represent State governments. The House is meant to represent the people.
>>
>>80020335
2/3 of china doesn't have the internet.
1/3 has dirt floors.

china is a living hell.
>>
>>80020749

>it's impossible why even try

Stay in Austin, please
>>
>>80021148
If 3/4 of the country supports turning the country into California, we're already done for.
>>
File: 1467611464059.jpg (46 KB, 541x554) Image search: [Google]
1467611464059.jpg
46 KB, 541x554
>>80021036
>Anyone but mexicans and faggots living in Austin

Which one are you?
>>
>>80014602
>balanced budget
Yeah we can just eliminate trillions of dollars worth of debt just like that
>>
File: 1467505157881.jpg (20 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1467505157881.jpg
20 KB, 236x236
God speed based Texas
>>
>>80014602
Thank you Texas. Godspeed
>>
>>80021376
You confuse debt and deficits. A balanced budget amendment would require deficits go to zero, likely with some exception for funding war.
>>
File: usury.png (3 MB, 1469x4950) Image search: [Google]
usury.png
3 MB, 1469x4950
>>80021376
Actually we can newfriend
>>
>>80020845
>>madison was not a founding father
Never said he wasn't. What in particular are you reffering to that he would object to?
>>
>>80021193

>2/3...
>1/3...

Lmao, I literally have a chinese exchange student who lives with me. Sure, its not great. But if you dont have the option to be born in Western Europe/US, China doesnt look so bad
>>
>>80015321

I live in the northern suburbs of Houston, pretty based. The inner city, for the most part, is a multicultural """paradise""" but the burbs are white flight central. Consider here.
>>
>>80021569

He was clearly on the Federalist side of the argument. Besides having written a solid chunk of the federalist papers, he also created the electoral college and other measures to ensure a strong federal government
>>
File: 1456350103729.jpg (80 KB, 480x463) Image search: [Google]
1456350103729.jpg
80 KB, 480x463
>>80021036
>Avoid Central Texas and in particular Austin
Austin-fag reporting in. I moved here because my company had an opening for me, but now I'm thinking about Dallas because I want some changes in life and I actually want to meet people who share my views.
Will it worth it?
>>
I live in Alberta, which self-loathing cucks always disparage as the "Texas of Canada". I've always felt prideful hearing the comparison. Stay Strong Texas
>>
>>80021945
Stay closer to ft worth then Dallas is still libcuck land
>>
>>80022185
This. Ft Worth is Awesome.

I avoid Dallas like it still has Ebola.
>>
>>80014602
This is old news. I don't support everything Abbott has proposed, but a balanced budget amendment would be wonderful. Wheelchair man has been a pretty good governor though; he's a lot smarter than Rick.
>>
>>80021870
>He was clearly on the Federalist side of the argument. Besides having written a solid chunk of the federalist papers, he also created the electoral college and other measures to ensure a strong federal government
Your confusing the federalists pre-ratification with the federalist party.
Madison was the former, meaning he supported the ratification of the constitution.
He was not the latter. In fact, he was a founding member of the democratic republicans, who opposed a strong central government and who were the opposition to the federalist party. He was an ally of TJ for christ sake

Also
>electoral college
>in any way meaning a strong central goverment
Top kek. It's a safe gaurd against that in fact. Designed to keep the uneducated from voting for a more powerful fed just to get more handouts and such.
>>
>>80021648
Dunno how long you've lived here, but I've been here for 15 years. In the last 5 its turned into a mixed race ghetto and oil field trash. I'm in The Woodlands, btw.
>>
>>80022297
>>80022185
Sad. I don't want to exchange comfy Austin for just a big and boring rancho town. I thought Northern Dallas is fine
>>
>>80019238
Almost every one of those demands are about gay marriage.
>>
>>80015321
>>80021036
West Texas is best Texas. Most towns are based.
>Lived in Lubbock and Abilene.
>>
>>80015702
Pretty much this
>>
Thank you based wheelchair man
>>
>>80014602
based texas
>>
>>80019988
>makes entire fortune from suing business for millions because a tree fell on him
>passes law limiting amount collected for damages to $250k

nah, fuck that stupid cripple hypocrite
>>
>>80014602

Texas is considering ignoring the 14th amendment.

Do the people in texas realize this is a sham to re energize the anti-trump movement in the republican party in the home state of the Cruz Missile? Do they realize that calls for secession are coming from the same people who want a Hillary presidency?

fall for divide and conquer tactics ---> become superCucks.
>>
File: 1466794077666.gif (1 MB, 480x427) Image search: [Google]
1466794077666.gif
1 MB, 480x427
I just got a freedom boner AND a happening boner. I pray to Kek that I get a release at long last.
>>
>>80023381
>passes law limiting amount collected for damages to $250k
lol, is this real? some damage is much worse than that.

Imagine being paralyzed, that's much more than $250,000 over a lifetime.
>>
>>80022666
There's your problem, move to Cyprus
>>
>>80021185

state governments represent their citizens. Why is a governor more qualified to choose his state's representatives than the electorate?
>>
>>80021648

Just a bit south of the woodlands. I've lived here about 10 years, came here because my family is in oil. I've found some neat places to hang out downtown but they're few and far between (ironically the Hispanic neighborhoods being gentrified)
>>
>>80021185
>>80023994

Meant for (you)
>>
>>80014602
I support all of those things, please god let this happen. washington is out of control
>>
>>80022814
Can you leftists think of nothing besides the here and now? Have you no capacity for idealism? For considering the higher, more long term issues and effects?
This isn't about the gays, it's about the fed overstepping it's boundaries. Now sit down son, because your about to get the real fucking redpill.

The purpose of the government is simple: to protect the citizens and their inalienable rights. This is to ensure that people can conduct their lives without fear of harm, theft, invasion.
For this end, certian powers must be derived. The ability to have an army, to mint a currency, to have some laws, to tax in order to provide those things.
However, the government must not have to much power. It must be limited. It is a service for the people, it is NOT their ruler. A strong fes that can overturn the will of the people is how you get opressive goverments.

You would agree, after all, that the individual knows whats best for themself? I couldn't say if a gay should or shouldn't fuck someone, if a stoner should or shouldn't smoke weed, if a buisness should or shouldn't hire or serve someone, because I'm not them. The government far off in DC knows even less then I do.
No man should have the power to rule over another with out their consent. It's that simple.
>>
>>80023381
That law only covers "punitive damages" and not all medical costs. Abbott is a good enough lawyer to get all of the same money today; supposedly they didn't seek punitive damages in that lawsuit.

Besides being an anti-abortion christfag, Abbott has been pretty based so far. Sues Obama left and right, passed open carry, pushing for this state convention, etc.
>>
>>80024698
>Can you leftists think of nothing besides the here and now?
the main republican/conservative mindset is short-term and reactionary- so yeah. This is about fag marriage.
>The purpose of the government is simple: to protect the citizens and their inalienable rights.
you somehow thing dickhole, silverspoon fed Governors of southern states would do a better job? Stop fucking sucking up all my tax money with your red state socialism dogshit you backwards hicks.
>You would agree, after all, that the individual knows whats best for themself?
Considering you and this thread? Fuck no. But I do know what's best for me.
>>
>>80024698
>Can you leftists think of nothing besides the here and now?
They cannot. They are too r-selected to look at anything but the here and now.
>>
>>80014602
>So mote it be

I hail, brother
>>
>>80025039
>muh gay marriage
Nigger, most of the states had fag marriage before the supreme court decision. Nowhere close to the 2/3rds necessary to overturn it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States#Legal_issues
>>
>>80014602

And this is how civil wars start.

The feds willingly cucking themselves? Not fucking likely, they've spent 150 years and started wars to get the power they have.
>>
>>80025039
>the main republican/conservative mindset is short-term and reactionary- so yeah. This is about fag marriage.
Nice projection here. Person who brought up gay marriage into the thread to begin with. Literally no one except you though like this here.

>you somehow thing dickhole, silverspoon fed Governors of southern states would do a better job? Stop fucking sucking up all my tax money with your red state socialism dogshit you backwards hicks.

Texas pays more to the Federal Government than they get back. Quit sucking up Texas's tax money you collectivist scum.

And governors do a better job than a federal government thousands of miles away running their states. That's their job description.
>>
>>80014602
You know what's weird? A few years ago on some blog about how niggers suck I remember some Texan posting his own little fantasy about Rick Perry using Texas' relative military strength to force a constitutional convention as well.
>>
>>80025039
>you somehow thing dickhole, silverspoon fed Governors of southern states would do a better job? Stop fucking sucking up all my tax money with your red state socialism dogshit you backwards hicks.
Your making no sense. I've been advocating for less pay for public officials, and less power to the fed. If a state legistature decides something, it won't affect you and your state, unless your living there. Absolutely nothing you said is in anyway a response to the ideas presented here. Texan laws affect texans, not whatever state your from.

>Considering you and this thread? Fuck no. But I do know what's best for me.
Classic liberal and their "do as I say, not as I do mentality." I litteraly said that I don't believe anyone should have the power to deny fags the ability to live together and fuck. I don't believe in federal marriage any ways, so nobody gets that.

But please, keep on being a horrible elitist.
>>
>>80025475
It's real my friend. Abbott even wrote a 70 paged document about it.
http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/21829
http://gov.texas.gov/files/press-office/Restoring_The_Rule_Of_Law_01082016.pdf
>>
>>80025332
Nigger, you're a fucking moron

Most of those states- mine included- only had it because some activist liberal asshole judge decided to suddenly declare the law my state had voted into existed un-legal and my faggot liberal governor refused to challenge it

That was literally the fucking case with California too- Californians vote against gay marriage, gay judge rules that the law was unconstitutional and overturns a popularly voted on law
>>
>>80014602
>>>Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.
You mean the original constitution?

Reminder the civil rights act was upheld by the commerce clause.

The. Commerce. Clause.
>>
>>80025475
Honestly, no need for that. The vast majority of the states are red (because liberals think only the presidency matters, when realisticly it is probably the least powerful part of the goverment). They'd be likely to so ok with out a need for force
>>
>>80025332
>Nigger, most of the states had fag marriage before the supreme court decision. Nowhere close to the 2/3rds necessary to overturn it.
doesn't mean that isn't the reason why.

the only reason why we have national gay marriage is because conservative states made the choice to pass laws and fight it out in court. If they never picked the fight, they never could have lost.
>>80025366
>Texas pays more to the Federal Government than they get back. Quit sucking up Texas's tax money you collectivist scum.
that's the only fucking one. The rest get more tax dollars and are still nigger infested, sisterfucking shitholes.
>>
>>80025039
>my tax money

red states are where all the industry and resources are. Their money is being funneled out into whatever corporation you work for that owns those resources. You'd be starving in a month if all the red states seceded because your money comes from exploiting red state manufacturing and resources.
>>
>>80015321
>>80021648
I live in The Woodlands. Yes, Houston has massive White flight in its suburbs. The beltway is the shitskin boundary, once you get inside Beltway 8, you have the 3rd world.
>>80023994
You're just another transplant. I was born in Conroe, and Conroe in the 80s and 90s based as fuck. Now it is full of mexicans.
>>
>>80025746
>the only reason why we have national gay marriage is because conservative states made the choice to pass laws and fight it out in court. If they never picked the fight, they never could have lost
Are you gay? Did your state prevent gays from marrying before the ruling? And what state are you from any way?
>>
>>80025746
See >>80025803

Your money isn't yours, it comes from red states. You get paid to be the pencil pusher for the company that owns the resources, your job wouldn't exist without red states.
>>
>>80025803
>red state manufacturing
literally minimum wage ran, foreign, non-union shit.
>>
>>80015321
Collin County brother.
>Whitest county in Texas
>>
>>80025746
>that's the only fucking one. The rest get more tax dollars and are still nigger infested, sisterfucking shitholes.
And we're not talking about any of the others, now, are we. Look back up at OP and see what state is there.

FUCKING TEXAS YOU ILLITERATE MONG!
>>
>>80025630
This document is a pretty good read to be honest family, the guy knows what he's talking about. Wish I lived in Texas so I could vote for his reelection.
>>
>>80014602
>Convention Of The States
This never gets anywhere or accomplishes anything.
>>
Texas, please take the rest of the South with you.

We know you'll grab Oklahoma but please, please, don't look away, from Dixieland.
>>
>>80014602
>Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
This needs to happen. To disenfranchise the Jews who keeps setting precedents that fuck up American society. Undo their "legacy".
>>
>>80026265
We won't. Cultural brothers don't leave each other.
>>
>>80025659
>>80025746
According to the wikipedia list, roughly 14 states had specific referendums or legislation passed for it. About 6 had state court decisions for it. There were 17 that were due to federal court decisions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States#Local_laws_prior_to_Obergefell_v._Hodges

It's seems pretty safe to me. 2/3rds of the states would require 34 to ban it and no one is close to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (736 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
736 KB, 1920x1080
>>80025989
>literally minimum wage ran, foreign, non-union shit.
No. Litteraly technology, farming, energy, oil, service, education, retail, banking, manufacturing, ranching, mining, shipping and so on and so on and so on.

Hell look at the diversity in just the number one company by revenue
>>
>>80019545
That's only if the nation is small. A country like the USA will never work because it revoked sovereignty from the states.
>>
>>80026265
>implying we'll leave.
We worked hard to get into this union, and lord knows we won't abandon it (at least not this time). Leaving isn't the answer. Taking it back and restoration is.
We need to close the loop holes that allowed this mess, redact the laws that blanatly violate the spirit of the constitution, reduce the bloat of the fed, and restore the nation to the founders intention: esspecially in regards to narrow construction and the 10th amendment
>>
>>80014602
Here are my thougths
1. No Opinion (Most likely disagree by default)
2. Disagree. I would love for America to balance its budget, but getting your hands tied up from purchasing ability is a bad idea during crises.
3. Disagree. This is a big change that effectively bans all federal regulation. States would have to come up with their own multi-state regulation pacts (which may actually be beneficial for competition, but is a mess nonetheless. This is how Building Engineering and permitting works currently and it is still a bureaucratic process where each city may have its own amendments and some states have really silly requirements.
4. Agree. I get very annoyed by top down bullying to get states to comply.
5. Agree. It shouldn't be up to a 5-4 split to change laws enacted by the people.
6. Agree
7. Is this somehow not possible currently?
8. the other amendments listed make this redundant...
>>
>>80026000

i live in anna. my name ends in collins. my great great great great grandfather was one of the five signers of the texan declaration of independance.
>>
>>80027848
I've read the expanded documents, and he expounds on a few of these:
>2. Disagree. I would love for America to balance its budget, but getting your hands tied up from purchasing ability is a bad idea during crises.
He says that an exemption can be made for national crises or war.

>3. Disagree. This is a big change that effectively bans all federal regulation. States would have to come up with their own multi-state regulation pacts (which may actually be beneficial for competition, but is a mess nonetheless. This is how Building Engineering and permitting works currently and it is still a bureaucratic process where each city may have its own amendments and some states have really silly requirements.
He states that federal agencies can still come up with the rules, but congress needs to vote on them. As it stands right now, the process just goes "congress votes that the EPA should do something, we'll let the EPA sort out the details" and then those details are never brought to another vote. The EPA should propose its codes and regulations and let Congress vote on them instead of Congress just saying "lol you figure it out, k?" States would still be required to adhere to federal laws, but the federal laws would not be written by bureaucrats who have the final say.
>>
>>80022938
>>80015321
There ain't shit to look at, but it is nice.
Also most small towns are basically segregated housing wise.
>>
>>80015321
Starr county
>>
>>80022938
Smaller towns in North/West Texas confirmed for best.

>Live west of Fort Worth
>>
File: 743753.jpg (76 KB, 736x690) Image search: [Google]
743753.jpg
76 KB, 736x690
> Constitutional convention called.
> It's called by Texas to push several good things.
> The liberal states hi-jack the convention.
> Push to re-write the 2nd amendment.

We don't need a constitutional convention for this shit, we could just stop funding Washington.
>>
>>80033128
Thing is, each state gets equal representation at the convention, regardless of population.

There are more red states than blue states.
>>

>Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.

Everything else looks good, but this is just bullshit. US is not supposed to be a full democracy. Independence of the judiciary is important and decisions made democratically should not be valued more than decisions not made democratically. US is a constitutional republic, remember? Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>80032982
>living in that side of the valley
Christ anon
>>
>>80022185
thats austin friend
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.