[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Matt Damon Wishes America’s Gun Laws Were as ‘Sensible’
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 19
>The actor, who returns to the “Bourne” action franchise when “Jason Bourne” hits theaters on July 29, told Stuff that Australia’s gun control laws are “wonderful”
>“It’s wonderful what Australia did because you guys haven’t had a mass shooting since you went, ‘No, we’re going to be sensible about this.’ And nobody’s rights have been infringed, you guys are fine,” Damon said. “I wish we could be sensible like that but I don’t think that’s going to happen in my lifetime.”
>“People get so emotional that even when you make a suggestion about not selling AK-47s to people on terror watch lists, that’s a non-starter. I don’t know what needs to happen.”
http://www.thewrap.com/matt-damon-wishes-americas-gun-laws-were-as-sensible-as-australias/

Wow a celebrity told me I should turn in my guns I better listen to them.
>>
He's right though. Selling ak 47s to people on terror watch lists is pretty stupid.
>>
If people wishing for things will change it then I with Dutch gun laws were as open as America's.
>>
Matt Damon is a good little tavistock, he gets much shekel.
>>
File: Sydney-Hostage-Escape-AP.jpg (78 KB, 609x480) Image search: [Google]
Sydney-Hostage-Escape-AP.jpg
78 KB, 609x480
Australia is doing it right. I can't think of a single major violent crime that has happened since the gun ban.

oh wait
>>
It's utter bullshit that there's been no mass shootings here. Who the fuck keeps telling Americans this.
>>
>>79926219
Except it's an arbitrary list and every US citizen has a right to due process.
>>
>>79926006
Yes they should. Being able to buy full automatics is just retarded. I understand rifles and pistols and such but you are asking for trouble when someone comes to your store and buys 8 mags an Ak and Kevlar vests and you give them it over the counter.
>>
hes right you know really makes you think
>>
Another actor whose films glamorise gun violence trying to tell people guns are bad?
>>
>>79926006
>someone who plays dress-up for a living is functionally retarded
>>
Does this man live in a gated community with his own private armed guards?
>>
>>79926398
Only if they're not white or mentally unstable
>>
>>79926330
WOW. Because that happens every week right ?
>>
File: 1387474898874.jpg (655 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
1387474898874.jpg
655 KB, 1936x1296
>>79926006
And I wish the US was as safe, stabile and mono-ethnic as European countries were. Matt Damon is a gun-grabbing 1/18th Finnish pseudokike. Disregard him.
>>
>>79926006
>>79926476
Shh, if he wants to stay popular in Hollywood, he has to go with what's on the agenda.
>>
>>79926333
Our liberals and leftists, who know the average leftard is unaware on what goes on in our own country let alone another.
>>
>>79926484
Doesn't happen very often in the USA either. We don't have a gun problem.

If I run you over with my car, do you we take all the cars away?
No. It's the driver, not the car, that's at fault.
>>
>>79926482
You can't really determine if someone is mentally stable just by looking at them. Dylan wasn't mentally stable yet he got access to machine pistol and shotgun
>>
>>79926006

Australia has more guns now than it did in 1996 before the mandatory buy-back.

Most of the 'banned' guns are already illegal in the US without a Class 3 license - which is incredibly difficult to get.

The CURRENT US gun laws, in practice, are virtually identical to the Australian laws for the average gun buyer.
>>
>>79926006
Says the faggot with armed body guards.
>>
>>79926333
>Who the fuck keeps telling Americans this.

Retarded Americans and Australians, for the most part.
>>
Matt (((DAMONNNNNNN)))
>>
File: 1390884561159.jpg (394 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
1390884561159.jpg
394 KB, 959x639
>>79926567
>implying
He's just a massive fucking faggot. There's plenty of pro-gun actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA
>>
>>79926219
The US Government bought up a ton of them on the cheap during the USSR-collapse chaos. Sells them at a huge markup but makes it look as though Russia is the bad guy doing all the selling.
>>
>>79926574
>doesn't happen very often
Are you being sarcastic or naive?
>>
>>79926006
>if 20 men break into your home and are raping your children you're not allowed to use your gun even if you had time to open both safes, this is all assuming you are one of the very few who actually have a rifle because you went through the arduous process of acquiring one and paying the fees and had a legitimate reason for owning one which is basically that you're a frequent sport shooter or need it for animal control on you rural property
Also, why is it that people take these anti-gun actors seriously when they constantly use guns for "good" purposes in their movies?

Actually, scratch that, why the fuck do people turn to actors for their political insight? When did this become a thing?
>>
>>79926567
no i think hes a genuine fag. He doesn't just signal, he goes above and beyond the required shilling.
>>
>>79926616
Lol "class 3 license." Confirmed for not having a damn clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>79926006

I hope someone lights him on fire after shoving rat poison down his degenerate faggot throat.
>>
>>79926592
Gun license with the permission of a psychiatrist

Mass shootings will still happen, but they're outliers. Waah wahh a statistically insignificant number of people died. Who the fuck cares.
>>
File: matt_damon_03.jpg (112 KB, 640x850) Image search: [Google]
matt_damon_03.jpg
112 KB, 640x850
Will Matt Damon back up his words?

Will he only hire unarmed body guards?
Will he move out of a secure gated community and move to those inner cities or a areas where gun ownership is restricted?
>>
>>79926006
>Wow a celebrity told me I should turn in my guns I better listen to them.
I strongly get the feeling nobody can tell you anything, just a hunch. Why discuss anything?
Oh you're trolling, carry on.
>>
>>79926660
There's a few
Tom Selleck
Kurt Russell
Ice T
I think Bruce Willis and Vince Vaughn.
Off the top of my head.
>>
>>79926786
Do they actually give a great background check on people ? In know the gun buying scene in bowling for columnine was total bullshit because its Michael moore
>>
>>79926846
Of course not. He's better than you and only security officials should have weapons.
>>
>>79926484
It happens every other week in France and they have gun control.
>>
I'm looking for my smuggie with the Hollywood actor screaming about guns from behind his 40 foot high walled estate surrounded by armed guards but I can't find it.
>>
>It’s wonderful what Australia did because you guys haven’t had a mass shooting since you went,

>2014 Sydney hostage crisis
Did this never happened or something?
>>
>>79926700
It's true, it really doesn't happen very often at all when you consider our population.

I really couldn't care any less if some school gets shot up by some bullied kid on the other side of the country every other month. What matters to me is my country's integrity, and my capability to procure my own weapons and my ability to use them in my own defense.

>>79926786
Yeah right, who the fuck cares? Why should literally anybody care that some people get shot up every once in a while? Who knows those people? Why do they matter? Why should my rights be compromised for some asshat in Australia with its skyrocketing violent crime who thinks he knows what's best for me?
>>
>>79926398
You have this wonderful resource for information called the internet and you still believe the difference between a murdering gun and a safe gun is whether you have to repeatedly pull the trigger to shoot or not

>>79926846
You don't even need bodyguards. Do you know that any maniac can acquire a bodyguard easily? Do you know how dangerous humans are? They kill millions of people every year!
>>
>and nobody's rights have been infringed

Because we didn't have the right guaranteed or even written.
Technically Australians don't have the right to free speech under the Consitution.
>>
>>79926986
1 person dead shy of being a mass shooting.
>>
>>79926949
We are talking about america.not the frogs and that's aminly due to the sandniggers. >>79927047
No. A safe gun is an air rifle. Not a fucking famas or some a shit that can be obtained with little hassle
>>
>>79926006
Non-productive millionaire has an opinion and thinks it's relevant to the rest of society.
>>
>>79927167
>No. A safe gun is an air rifle. Not a fucking famas or some a shit that can be obtained with little hassle

hehe
>>
>>79926333
We haven't had mass shootings since Port Arthur. We have had mass killings, but no mass shootings depending on your defintion of mass of course:

But our gun violence hasn't really declined any faster than it was in the 1980's neither has our homocide or suicide rate.
>>
>>79926987
>Why should my rights

Your right to what? Safety? How do you enforce this right, without trampling the property rights of others?

Protip: If you want to be safe, go live in a white community. You're more likely to be killed by a car crash than by a gun.
>>
>>79927167
>No. A safe gun is an air rifle
What
>>
>>79926398
But the 2nd amendment was written to protect against a tyrannical government.

The people should have access to all weapons the government have to form a 'well regulated militia'
>>
>>79927219
Gun violence has declined, but overall violence hasn't. It's been trending down for decades, and this pattern has been replicated across the OECD regardless of new laws and regulations pertaining to guns.
>>
>>79926006
Fuck off cuck damon our rights have been severely infirnged you fucking joke of a human being.
>>
>>79926524
He's only 1/18th Finnish? Damn, I used to almost like him because I thought he was Finnish-American like me.
>>
>>79927212
Whays funny about a psycho being able to get his hands on a fucking AK with a few sheets of paper.? Or is this one of them " haha brit s can't get guns that's why they havnt had a mass shooting in ten years" jokes ?
>>
>>79927227
My right to own and obtain any guns that I want with ease and the ability to use them in defense of myself, my property, and my family.

THOSE rights. The kind that would be infringed if I was in any way barred from obtaining them. The rights I am guaranteed under the US constitution, which outlines the supreme laws of the land.

You know, those rights that shouldn't ever be taken away, according to the founding fathers, the people who fought the Revolutionary War and created this country and its government.
>>
>>79927292
It was written when you had reload after every shot.
>>
>>79926986
I find it funny that more people died from the police bullets than the actual shooters
>>
>>79927286
You can't go on a shooting spree with an air rifle.
>>
>>79927398
What's funny is that you're a retarded brit who doesn't know anything about guns but proceeds to claim that he has any idea what he's talking about or how to run my country which is vastly different from his own, which has almost never in its history really had any real problems with violent crime.

[spoiler]I know this is bait[/spoiler]
>>
File: Heaven.jpg (462 KB, 1569x2023) Image search: [Google]
Heaven.jpg
462 KB, 1569x2023
>>79926006
Matt is a tard face that sucked a jews dick on the casting couch.

Who gives a fuck what he thinks.
>>
>>79926219
So is selling them to a fucking "moderate rebels"
>>
>>79927167
>mainly due to the sandniggers

Wow it's almost like in a racially and culturally homogenous nation violence isn't really an issue.

Who would've thought. Doesn't really change the fact the god damn gun control/laws didn't fucking matter in those cases but apparently when muzzies do it they magically aren't breaking gun control laws wow thanks bongistan you've opened meyes pass the tea pls MMMMM tastes funny and looks white but I'll drink it if it means I'm as intelligent as you!
>>
Matt Damon used to be cute and not retarded :(
>>
>>79927315
Gun violence has declined, but not any faster than it was already declining in the 1980's
Port Arthur was a sham to quickly grab Australian guns before the government couldn't blame gun violence as the reason because there would be almost none by now.

Just like you're saying
>>
>>79926987
im taking your guns faggot and there is NOTHING you can do to stop me
>>
>>79927432
No, there were repeater rifles at the time of the constitution's writing that didn't need to be reloaded after every shot. Many founding fathers were big fans. They were also big fans of people owning their own ships, cannons, and other assorted artillery.

The point of the second amendment wasn't to guarantee that everybody had a fucking musket you retard, it was to ensure that everyone had free access to modern weaponry. That was the whole fucking POINT
>>
>>79927219
Our gun violence rate has decreased

Our homicide rate has not (at least, it has not been impacted by the gun ban)

>>79927402
What part of the second amendment talks about acquiring guns "with ease"?

>>79927432
You sure are buttmad

>>79927523
No, that's a calculated risk.
>>
>>79927432
And?
Do the government still reload after every shot and use canons, muskets, Calvary swords, wear red coats and walk in ranks?
>>
>>79927491
>doesn't know anything about guns.
Meet someone on the internet for five minutes and they already know them personally
>americunt logic.
It's not bait. But im not going to reply to you after that shit comment you retard.
>>
File: st-james-massacre1.jpg (140 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
st-james-massacre1.jpg
140 KB, 600x414
>>79926006
Friendly reminder that in 1993, four kaffers ILLEGALLY armed with R4 assault rifles and M26 hand grenades attacked a church in Cape Town with the aim of massacring everyone in sight and burning down the church.

But fortunately, a guy called Charl van Wyk, armed only with a six round .38 special revolver, wounded one and forced the armed group to flee the scene.

11 people were killed in the incident, but a Bataclan body count was avoided by a single law abiding citizen carrying a revolver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_James_Church_massacre
>>
>>79926006

I wonder if matt gaymon would be 'sensible' about it if we proposed to end armed bodyguard services that cunts like him enjoy.
>>
He also forgot that, even as a non-conspiratard, Port Arthur is one of the most obvious false flags in modern history.
>>
>>79927466
You can. Rapid-fire air rifles exist, and CO2 air rifles are relatively quick to reload.

Of course shit isn't going to compare to an actual machine gun, but don't think an air rifle won't fuck people up.
>>
>>79927604
Gun violence has decreased to the level it was going to be before the gun ban.

It was already trending down consistently during the 1980's and early 90's. It hasn't decreased any faster since the ban
>>
>>79927599
There comes a point where that doesn't become reasonable

I guarantee some of the strongest American constitutionalists would start questioning their rights if all of their local mosques started stockpiling howitzers
>>
File: 1466512073286.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466512073286.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>79927583
You're not taking my guns and there is NOTHING you can do about it

>>79927604
The part that says literally everybody is guaranteed the right to bear arms. Are you going to argue a different interpretation of the second amendment despite its original intention being incredibly clear and contrary to your political goals and beliefs? Do you really want to do that?

>>79927646
Good, I don't want you to ever reply to me ever again because you have put on a pitiful display here today.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-04.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-04.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>79927583
...Except he has a gun to stop you.

Kek.
>>
File: 1465628586013.png (482 KB, 656x523) Image search: [Google]
1465628586013.png
482 KB, 656x523
>>79926462
I agree with your sentiment but I feel violated by your choice of """"meme""""
>>
>>79926720
>not sure if joking or retarded
>>
>>79927604
>what part talks about acquiring guns "with ease"

The well regulated part you nigger
>>
>>79927646

Your dick got stomped and you cuck out. Fail.
>>
>>79927771
thats why you don't let people into the country unless they're white persons of good character

like the constitution used to say
>>
>>79927119
>it wasn't
>>
>>79927771
The Constitution only applied to white men before we locked ourselves into the cuckshed.
>>
>>79927779

Why are you Americans so obsessed with violence and killing?

Your crime is disgraceful, and the gun worship is cringe worthy.

You're a violent, pathetic society.
>>
>>79927771
>questioning...if all of their local mosques started stockpiling howitzers

No they wouldn't. Because the people would simply crush any minority up rising. Trying to form an armed uprising against the American people as a small minority would be an act of suicide
>>
>>79926219
we're all on terror watch lists.
>>
>>79927793
>>79927779
nah cunts
im gonna get em
t.hillary shilldog
>>
You see the great things about our gun laws is that the average joe cant just walk in and buy a gun. Only farmers hunters bikies and serious drug dealers have guns really and they usually keep to their own shit so its fine. I find it hilarious that such stupid cunts like Americans allow anyone to go buy a gun, it isn't the wild west anymore you faggots you don't need to protect against bandits robbing your cart or wolves fucking up your livestock. Grow the fuck up. Stupidest fucking place on earth lol.
>>
>>79927466
Except for that guy in Germany like a week ago
>>
>>79926006

>virtue-signalling from a guy that stars in movies that glorifies gun violence.

You know how many people probably bought guns and got their CCW permits after watching his Jason Bourne movies?

This dipshit has contributed to gun culture.
>>
>>79927800
>>
>>79927771
Just as long as I can have those same howitzers I don't have a problem.
>>
>>79927915
kill yourself you leftie faggot
>>
>>79927830
Except that's not what well regulated means you retard
>>
File: Bld52ibIUAANOcb.png (216 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Bld52ibIUAANOcb.png
216 KB, 375x375
>mfw liberals who detested the incredibly error-ridden terrorist watch list when Bush was in office are now pushing for it to be used to take aaay constitutional rights
>>
File: 1459120953542.jpg (69 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1459120953542.jpg
69 KB, 498x482
>>79927915

>I'm gonna take your guns
>No your not
>W-Why are you so mean?
>>
>>79927669
Absolutely nice
>>
File: 1395292050305.jpg (66 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
1395292050305.jpg
66 KB, 640x336
>>79927830
>A well balanced breakfast being necessary for the start of a good day, the right of the people to buy and own food shall not be infringed.
Why can't you native speakers even fucking understand English? Who has the right? The people or the breakfast?
>>
>>79927861
Actually, the biggest terrorist threat in the US today are extremist anti-government groups. Look at the FBI statistics.

>>79927926
It's irrelevant. They legally can't do jack shit to those people until they started firing their guns and by the time anything happened to them they could massacre thousands in the middle of every city.

>>79928008
Wow, great plan. Are you going to shoot back at them, end up killing some innocent and going to jail?
>>
>>79927771
Why would they, when at the first point they were used an unholy retribution would fall down on every muslim in America?

There's a point where your hypotheticals pass the realm of reason into the realm where their only purpose for existence is to win an argument which no longer matters because it doesn't involve itself with reality. You passed that point, and it's because you really do not understand the second amendment, the constitution, or the American people in general. Your ignorance is painfully obvious, and there's a reason why most Americans won't be taking you seriously any time soon.

>>79927915
Yeah I'd say I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of killing anybody that would do me harm, you know, the kind of person that commits all the crime that you're referring to. The kind of person that does not at all represent the average American gun enthusiast, or even a sizeable portion of 4chan posters.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

>>79927948
It hurts because it might turn out to be true
>>
>>79927967
>anyone
Go fuck an ostrich
>>
>>79928024

Come do it for me faggot.
>>
>>79927967
>they usually keep to their own shit
Bikies and drug related criminals make up the largest proportion of gun homicide.

So why shouldn't lawful citizens also own guns if criminals are able to keep it between themselves, lawful people can.
>>
>>79927915

Different strokes, different folks.

More people live in California then your entire country.

More people, more problems. Guns keep people more friendly here in the states and they're fun to shoot.
>>
>>79928166
>Actually, the biggest terrorist threat in the US today are extremist anti-government groups. Look at the FBI statistics.
And this is why you need guns, so you can actually be a credible anti-government threat.
>>
>>79927988
This is what I find ironic

>Wah Wah gun violence
>Wah Wah violent gun obsessed culture
>Films do incredibly well because of the gun obsessed culture he vilifies
>>
>>79928174

>American education shows

We don't have Ostriches you dumb faggot.

At least get the insult right you 3rd world level educated cunt.
>>
>>79926398
>Being able to buy full automatics is just retarded.

Who told you this?
>>
>>79928162
The breakfast has the right.

Now WHO FUCKING MAKES BREAKFAST YOU CUNT
That's right, people.

Militia has already been defined by the Supreme Court to mean the citizens of the United States.
>>
>>79928166
>the biggest terrorist threat in the US today are extremist anti-government groups

That's literally what the 2nd amendment is for, you retard. Let me guess, you would hail an anti-government "domestic terrorist" during the Bush administration as a freedom fighting hero?

You also forget that the Justice Department is literally run by a anti-white, anti-personal rights cronies so far up the DNC's ass that yhey could technically be considered a bad case of hemorrhoids or maybe even colon polyps.
>>
>literal Marxist laws that completely and utterly disempower law-abiding citizens and place power solely in the hands of criminals and government stooges
>sensible
lol
>>
>>79928166
>massacre thousands in every city

Are you describing some sort of dystopian future? Because that already happens across the world with Muslims.
Except that they can't legally be eradicated.

>Muslim uprising in America
>Few thousand Americans die
>Muslims permanently eradicated from the country thus saving the infinite number of people that would be killed in the future
>>
File: brokenchinamen.jpg (24 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
brokenchinamen.jpg
24 KB, 303x566
>>79926006
I was talking to my buddy in Texas about gun laws and mass shootings. I support gun ownership but you guys have to fix it up a little bit. Too many crazy fucks with guns. Like when somebody gets a gun here you have to have 2 references of your character. Of course they could lie or you could buy one illegally. I just hope they don't take away all your sweet funs I could never own.
>>
>>79928299
You got zoos, don't you, kiwi?
>>
>>79928162

>A smelly slavic shit poster being necessary to emu cartoon boards, the right to block users shall not be infringed.

You're fundamentally reading the Amendment wrong. The point was that militias were necessary to orderly society, so to protect citizens from an oppresive military rule -like the one they just rebelled against- the founders enshrined the individuals with the right to bear arms. At this time there wasn't a federal army, the armies were "well-regulated militias" from the individual states. Should a rebellion be necessary, it would be the well regulated militias that would be the target of rebellion. The right for states to arm its militias is inherent, so it would be absurd to think that the militias would be the subjects of such rights.
>>
>>79928696
Fuck off canacuck
>>
>>79928203
Because criminals usually only associate with other criminals. Lawful people can get a gun here. It has to be justified though. Would you really want crackhead john to be able to go buy a gun so he can rob your shit or jimmy who thinks your cheating with his misses? An attacker with a knife is much easier to handle than a gun. Be grateful man.
>>
>>79928167
>There's a point where your hypotheticals pass the realm of reason into the realm where their only purpose for existence is to win an argument which no longer matters because it doesn't involve itself with reality

So you can't imagine a reality where Islamic extremism sympathizers stockpile weapons? That's never happened...

There's a reason people don't take you the-constitution-is-my-holy-book-don't-question-it-infidel retards seriously

>>79928255
A country will advance a lot further if they create an educated society that understands that the people are the government and civility is the way to go rather than having a small portion of the population circlejerking about how they're going to totally have a revolution every time a law is changed.

>>79928539
>I believe in constitutional rights
>but if a muslim kills someone then we'll kill everyone who believes in that religion
nice. ebin. you did it.
>>
>>79928817
Oh I can imagine one, sure, but it's also a reality that really works out pretty well for me.
>>
nothing about australia is sensible. we are a bunch of psychopaths living in an open-air insane asylum.

just my 2 cents
>>
>>79928769
I was on the side of gun ownership you daft yankee cunt
>>
Man I was really hyped for his upcoming Bourne film. Fucking kike.
>>
>US #1 country in the world
>People want permanent and wide sweeping changes

Excuse me if I'm wrong here. But if you're doing something really good; good enough that you are the best in the world, IN THE WORLD, why would you start making drastic short sighted changes?

If anything, other countries should start making changes to be more like us.
>>
>>79928905
You were expressing your support for "fixing it up" that's code for "more restrictions"
>>
>>79926333
No there hasn't you fucking cunt there hasn't been one.

We have a shit load of guns more then ever and they're quite easy for people to get, just because you can't walk in and buy one without a licence first. I have a glock, the major difference is we don't have a bunch of niggers running around shooting each other. The only gun crime is the rare gang killing or drive bys. None of this 50 murders a night like the states.
>>
Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms, NOT all arms. In theory you could ban 99% of weapons to work round the constitution.
>>
>>79928934
Because they are cucks, bother literally and figuratively.
>>
I'm not even going to read the OP.

I am sick to fucking death of fools like him trying to compare our gun laws with the US.

APPLES AND FUCKING ORANGES. The two countries are utterly different; as different, in fact, as two countries that speak the same language can possibly be. Our culture is different. Our people are different. Our government is different. Our laws are different. Our demographics are different. Our wealth is different. Our geography is different. Our minds, fundamentally, are very different.

How about Switzerland, for fucks sake. They've guns coming out of their added and they have no problem at all. But we don't compare the US to Switzerland. Why?

APPLES AND ORANGES.

Speaking the same language does not brothers in disarmament make.
>>
File: 1466430752923.jpg (94 KB, 1080x754) Image search: [Google]
1466430752923.jpg
94 KB, 1080x754
Australian here.

Trust nothing we say.

Not even this post.
>>
>>79928924
Why they're literally all the same
>>
File: 1337107417158.png (33 KB, 148x226) Image search: [Google]
1337107417158.png
33 KB, 148x226
>>79928817
>A country will advance a lot further if they create an educated society that understands that the people are the government and civility is the way to go rather than having a small portion of the population circlejerking about how they're going to totally have a revolution every time a law is changed.
Yeah and then there comes a time when the people no longer are the government and you can't get rid of the government because you're a bunch of unarmed bootlickers.
>>
>>79926398
No shit you lost your empire Nigel, you bongs are spineless fags
>>
>>79928876
>it's also a reality that really works out pretty well for me.
No it doesn't. Your solution is to massacre innocent people who identify with the same religion as the perpetrators of those crimes.

You'd go to jail for the rest of your life.

How is someone so keen on protecting constitutional rights yet so willing to take an innocent life? Surely that's hypocritical in a functional mind. You're actually retarded. Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm with your type.
>>
>>79926378

An arbitrary list? If it was arbitrary there wouldn't be a list at all.
>>
>>79926006
This is the same guy who had Saudis with a dozen wives who have had their genitals mutilated fund his anti-fracking vanity project. He has no moral high ground.
>>
>>79929151
better than any of the other dogshit thats in theatres right now. Male movies are few and far between these days.
>>
>>79929102

>leaf lecturing on constitutional law

There are principles that apply to the interpretation of legislation. In particular, unless exceptions are implied or stated, the word ought to be interpreted in the broad sense.

For example, if a law refers to 'cars' it ought to be interpreted as meaning all cars.

You are trying to read in an interpretation of the law that is fundamentally incorrect.
>>
>>79929001
I think you should have all the same guns you can get now just have it where you have 2 people vouch for you. Or some other little things, how is that a bad thing? Better if a small change like that happens and less crazy people get their hands on a gun with ease. Than how it is now and riling people up and eventually losing your guns because faggots and kikes using mass shootings to push their agenda for disarming the American people.
>>
>>79927604
That's isn't a calculated risk, because there is no way to account all the risks that follow. There is no way to sum all the individual risks of that failed operations. It just grows and grows and one day it will blow in your face.

They arm enemies and only fucking retards do that.
Profit is just a stupid excuse
>>
>>79926574

But we have certain regulations with cars, and cars have yearly inspections.
>>
>>79926330

Muzzies are gonna muzzie no matter what restrictions you place on society. Unless you ban Muzzies, you will have terror attacks in some shape or form.

Overall, a gun ban will reduce the total body count. I'm in favour of it. I'm also in favour of banning religious schools, religion in state schools (e.g. teaching intelligent design, etc), and religion in the public sphere (ads on TV, buses, billboards, etc.).
>>
>>79929151
>grr muh past i shall become person again *stares doggedly at uncertain future*
>no bourne we own you we are gubment
>but muh autonomy muh freedums who i am?
>you are asset now pls stop killing us
>no u *camera shakes more violently*
>oh fuck bourne is using his special power: rapid cuts and blurred shakycam! our agents are dropping like flies!
>*grits teeth* nothin personell, "agency" leader who I remember after some expositionary flashbacks
>but pls bounre dont killing me I am not even the real leader
>"well this ending sure is vague and open-ended as fuck isn't it?" - enemy-turned-ally bourne has gained at some point in the movie
>credits
>>
File: Firearms rule dude.jpg (147 KB, 710x698) Image search: [Google]
Firearms rule dude.jpg
147 KB, 710x698
>>79926006
lol what a gay

firearms are awesome
>>
>>79926709

1. Because they're movies. They are unrealistic.

2. People should instead turn to cable news pundits for political insight. But I agree it is fucking stupid.l
>>
>>79928778
Crackheads already have guns.

And so because some crackhead acts like a crackhead, I shouldn't be able to defend myself?
It seems to me there's more of a drug problem than a gun problem
>>
Ever notice how American liberals always use countries that are far whiter than we are as examples of left-wing paradises? And then have the audacity to claim race doesn't play a role in these countries while never using any brown or black countries as examples?
>>
>>79929242
>say something anti-government
>get put on the list

It's unconstitutional you subhuman leaf.
>>
>>79929421

I'm a muslim and I support a ban on muzzies

Damn turrists
>>
>>79928817
I didn't say one Muslim. I said minority uprising.
Nice try though straw man
>>
>>79929102
Lol what.

"Well regulated militia"
Meaning the militia must be well equipped to face its challenges. It's primary challenge is government uprising.

The people have the constitutional right to any weapon the US Government has.
>>
>>79926484
we have gun crime everyweek. but worse, honest Aussies are not allowed to defend themselves. Women can't even carry pepper spray.
>>
>>79929231
No my solution is to let whatever happens, happen. It would literally sort itself out any which way, and it wouldn't bother me any of the ways that it's most likely to be resolved. I don't give one flying fuck what happens so long as I retain my freedom and my integrity as an American.

Oh what's that, every mosque in America is stockpiling howitzers so an unrealistic number of muslim extremists that probably have the backing of the majority of muslims in America can conduct unprecedented levels of terror attacks on the US? Oh wow, looks like we won't be getting any more muslim immigration which means almost no more muslim terrorists which means problem is basically solved.

Again, you really just do not understand what it means to be American. I don't care for my personal safety even, if it means that my freedom and liberties are taken away from me by some fear mongers that can't even conduct a rational argument or come up with a reasonable solution to any problem that involves things they don't like.

It's almost like you never even heard the phrase "give me liberty, or give me death". You know what that means right? It means I don't care if I die if it means living in a cucked country like yours where my guns are taken away because someone is afraid that every mosque in America will suddenly start to stockpile fucking howitzers to use against the general populace
>>
I think guns are a constitutional right, but it's also constitutional to regulate the kind of guns and who can buy them, according to Scalia.
>>
>>79926006
I'm sick of actors who are anti-gun but don't have the balls to turn down roles where they heroically use firearms to kill 'the bad guys'.

Fuck off along with Liam Neeson. I don't watch movies so I can follow the opinions of overpaid mimes.
>>
>>79929753
>can't even carry pepper spray

This is some nigger bullshit. I've already given my girlfriend mace and told her to always keep it in her handbag.

And I personally carry around a 4 inch spring blade.
Fuck our laws. I'll be stabbing fucking fucking drongos to protect myself or my girlfriend, if I got to jail, so fucking be it
>>
Damon is such a kiss arse leftist fag. I'd like to see where he'd be without behaving like that and having to rely on talent and charisma alone.
>>
>>79927575

I don't think it actually has declined

The latest study that uses the entire data from when they first started keeping data on the weapon used, shows that it's at the predicted level.

So, pretty much a feelgood law that removes some types of firearms from the lawful, but that's about it.

I can't really use massacres as a qualifier, as they're too rare, and they're just murders anyway.

Something of note: we've always been more likely to be stabbed to death than shot, no matter the laws.
>>
https://youtu.be/gnPWJOJYVKc
>>
>>79930148
Do you have the study?

I've shown my girlfriend plenty of shit about Australian gun violence which all points towards guns not being a problem at all.

And she just says
"Yeah I agree with what it says, but I just wouldn't feel safe knowing people had guns."
Like what...you shouldn't feel and less safe you do now.
>>
>>79930338

"The Australian Firearms Buyback and Its Effect on Gun Deaths"

You can also happily tell your GF that about 1 in 20 people have a firearm license; there's thought to be more firearm owners now than back in 96'.
>>
>>79930338

This is from a 2016 one (doesn't use the entire data point, so it doesn't get the full picture):

"Conclusions and Relevance Following enactment of gun law reforms in Australia in 1996, there were no mass firearm killings through May 2016. There was a more rapid decline in firearm deaths between 1997 and 2013 compared with before 1997 but also a decline in total nonfirearm suicide and homicide deaths of a greater magnitude. Because of this, it is not possible to determine whether the change in firearm deaths can be attributed to the gun law reforms."

The same thing, in other words.
>>
>>79926219
>>79926398
>>79927167
>>79927398
>>79927432
>>79927466
>The blue pill
Not even once
>>
>>79926398
Good luck fighting off niggers and pakis with a spoon.
>>
>>79930983
You Americans need to start a white pro-gun refugee program for Brits like me.
>>
>>79926484
No, but we have drive by shootings every night.
>>
Gun control in Australia worked and pro gunners are in denial. I am a libertarian but I am all for common sense gun laws. I think a gun license is a smart idea for anyone wanting to buy an Assault weapon like the ar 15
>>
>>79931367

The only part that worked is:

No massacres

Which by any definition, means shit, as they're counted in the overall murder tally. Not to mention rare as hell.

How come New Zealand doesn't have any massacres when they can own semi-auto rifles?

I'm not even a gunfag
>>
>>79931367
I'm so sick of your low effort leaf shitposting
>>
Guarantee if Australia went back to the old laws gun deaths would rise again
>>
>>79931654

Deaths didn't drop when they enacted them
>>
>>79931654
Maybe in the short term but I would be willing to bet that the long term decline would continue after the initial dumb nigger bump.
>>
>>79931654

>Gun deaths
>Gun

After the buybacks and resctrictions, the general trendline of declining violent crime per capita - driven by forces preceding the measures- since 1969 continued at more or less a stable rate.

The expected reduction in homicides was simply picked up by other weapons.
>>
>>79931503
>No massacres
Two conducted via arson since PA.
>>
>>79931367
>Assault weapon
Hoho you almost got me there, canuck.

>>79930338
>Feel safe
But people in Texas Arizona and Nevada and anywhere else there is a high firearms per capita figure do just fine.

Not to mention she is surrounded every day by people sitting behind 59MPH two ton killing machines.

>>79929383
Cars are also a privilege, and like guns, a disproportionate amount of crime with autos is committed by borrowed /stolen cars and/or unlisenced, or DUI drivers, typically of a certain subgroup.

It's almost as if criminals didn't respect the law or think about long term consequences
>>
>>79932374

Yeah, and they were around 10+ in kills (as high or higher than all but 1 shooting).

I mean shootings, though.
>>
>>79928887
Your immigration/deportation system is God Tier .

Free speech, Gun rights, self defense, civil liberties? Not so much.

>>79927830
Proper working order or operation.

Not 'sanctioned by government bureaucracy '
>>
>>79926006

I wish Matt Damon would get shot for being an anti-american traitor.
>>
>>79926219
Who was on a watch list when they bought guns?

Mateen was on it back in 2014
>>
>>79927432
>Puckle gun
>Repeaters
>Gun boats
>Cannon
>>
>>79927390
His mom is of five-eighths Finnish and three-eighths Swedish ancestry
>>
>>79933010

Well, we are a nanny state that keeps it that way across all laws.

So, immigration is still strict, because you know, stranger danger.

At least we're consistent, I guess.
>>
>>79926006
>>79926637
>>79927682
>>79927988
>>79928265
>>79929947
Seriously, what is their reasoning for being anti-gun but basically promoting them in movies?

Even the Weinsteins have said they'll stop making movies glorifying guns, then they released Sin City 2 and Hateful Eight the same year and two years later, respectfully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbTvX3BrTo
>>
>>79933010

O, and our Freedom of Speech isn't too bad, as long as it's political (political speech is protected).

So, we can have Nazi parties and shit just fine.

You can talk about Muslims and shit when applying it to politics, for example.
>>
>>79927432
And the First Amendment was written when only ink and quills were available
>>
>>79929484
Didn't they also replace him in one of the movies?
>>
>>79926398
When people mention "fully-automatic weapons" as an argument in support of gun control, that's when you can safely write them off as not knowing what the fuck they're talking about.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.