[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Public Transit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: o-TOKYO-TRAIN-PUSH-570.jpg (60 KB, 570x387) Image search: [Google]
o-TOKYO-TRAIN-PUSH-570.jpg
60 KB, 570x387
How does /pol/ feel about public transit, like buses, trams and streetcars, subways and metro and the like? Do you think your city and country does too little or too much to advance public transit?

Personally, I think they are great way to help allow everyone to explore the city without the need for a private car and all its hassles.
>>
If your city has good public transportation then its great, if it doesn't then it's an exercise in frustration.

Japan transit is great so no complaints here.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.webm (685 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.webm
685 KB, 320x320
>>79888106
fucking refugees without tickets everywhere ... and everytime the authorities just let them go because "they don't have money" "they don't know the rules" etc

ree fucking reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>79888259
>Japan transit is great so no complaints here.

Have you ever been shoved in to a metro car? Or even a bus?
>>
>>79888610
I've never seen anyone shoved onto a bus.

As for trains, not to that extent. There are employees on certain train platforms during rush hour who will do it but its not like every train is maximum crowded all the time.

>>79888608
How do you ride a train without a ticket
>>
>>79888873
you just board the train?

there is nothing like "the door only opens when you scan the ticket" or something like this ...
>>
>>79888873
>How do you ride a train without a ticket

IIRC, German bus/trams worked as such: you get on the bus after you bought a ticket, which would be checked by an employee afterwords.

Of course, this requires a high trust society like German for it to work. Something tells me that that will be dead within 20-30 years.

Good job, Merkel.
>>
File: 1.jpg (4 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4 MB, 3648x2736
>>79889163
>>79889238
Getting onto the vehicle itself without scanning anything sounds fine but you have free access to the station itself? No gates like this?

Seems like even for statistics purposes you'd want something similar.
>>
>>79888106
More bike lane and bike only roads, fuck communistic transport.
>>
>>79888106
my city has shitty public transportation
>>
>>79889511
nope ...everything open

basicly
> you get a ticket
>board the train
>employee might check your ticket on the train
> you have a ticket: everythings fine
> no ticket: 50€ fine + ticket price
>>
I live in a major American city with well developed public transit. It's fantastic until you get nogs riding it.
>>
>>79889812
that sounds very inefficient. I thought you germans were all about efficiency
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 443x332
>>79888106
My city has the best public transportation system in the country, not that that's much to be proud of since most places have shitty public transport, but it's pretty decent.

Pic related is what our bus stops look like, they're pretty neat
>>
>>79890145
>My city has the best public transportation system in the country, not that that's much to be proud of since most places have shitty public transport, but it's pretty decent.

How often are people rob, raped and killed on those buses?
>>
>>79890145
i thought this was a retarded looking train at first
>>
>>79890135
up to this point the majority just bought tickets because they were raised that way... didn't want to pay the fine... and didn't want to embarres themselves in front of train full of people

it just worked
>>
>>79890357
I've never heard of it happening here, but in Rio it happens pretty much everyday
>>
File: traffic lights.png (39 KB, 500x1276) Image search: [Google]
traffic lights.png
39 KB, 500x1276
>>79890135
this comic pretty much sums it up as well
>>
>>79890468
>not having machines do all the work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn-QxQOoqQ
>>
>>79889511
Is the one on the left of fat-ass Americans?
>>
TTC buses can be scary when the black chilluhn get done school for he day.

The streetcars are terrible. You frequently see 4-5 streetcars clustered together. Even when they are clustered together they won't wait at the stop even if they see you coming. They'd rather leave and follow right behind the next streetcar. I can only assume there is no communication between them. The drivers just act robotically.
>>
>>79889511
Or sumo wrestlers?
>>
>>79890145
It's like window shopping for muggers.
>>
File: 1920.jpg (59 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1920.jpg
59 KB, 620x372
>>79890508
>I've never heard of it happening here, but in Rio it happens pretty much everyday

Where do you live? São Paulo? Brasilia? One of those super-"white" Southern Brazilian cities?
>>
>>79891088
Curitiba

We got the pretty gay "Global sustainable city award" in 2010

There are a lot of people of eastern-european descent here, including myself
>>
>>79890145
Why do you have massive cucksheds for bustops?
Do you even get bad enough weather to justify it?
>>
>>79891442
Well it can get pretty cold here at times, it also rains a lot in some months
>>
>>79891594
Hm. I always imagined you had good weather all year. Alright then , thanks
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>79889899
This.
I live in Paris, the métro is ok but too many dindus and mudslims.
Can be dangerous at night.
>>
>>79888106

Rapid Bus Transits working together with Trains are a boon for the Economy.

Its one of the best things being repaired and developed in connecticut. When its done , a new wave of Millions will have fast access to New York City.

Appartments and buildings are being built around the Rapid Bus Transit and Metro North lines in waterbury. More people will buy houses, more people to tax , more NYC buismess men.

Its the best thing , our highways are over loaded
>>
I've never used any public transportation
>>
>>79888106
Sitting on the train right now smelling niggers cause my license is suspended
>>
>>79891088
>thinks we need a sign to remind us that rio is hell on earth
>>
>>79891966

Its really vital to enter into big cities fast durring rush hour. Big cities usually have the highest paying jobs.

But you want to live far from that said city to save money on cost of living.
>>
>>79888106
Commie degeneracy tbqh
>>
>>79891799
The cities in the Northeast and some parts of the state of Rio de Janeiro like Búzios have sunny weather all year, the rest is normal
>>
>>79888106
It doesn't have to be public transit per say but infrastructure here in the Northeast USA is totally shit. A non-driving option is simply not an option. Lots of roads, bridges, and tunnels are cars only, you cant walk, bike, or take a train if you wanted to. That plus they are total cunts about motorbikes, golf carts, and other cheap forms of transportation so you cant typically use those either.
>>
>>79888106
They bring the niggers to you! Thus saving exercise for the niggers, and physically endangering the people. There's a reason everyone loved that squirrel-domesticating vigilante in New York, Bernard something.
>>
File: 2.jpg (111 KB, 556x742) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
111 KB, 556x742
>>79892678
Where?
>>
File: z.jpg (597 KB, 1911x1080) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
597 KB, 1911x1080
>>79888106

I don't have a car, if given the choice I prefer to be a pedestrian -- walking is much nicer & more convenient.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 226x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 226x243
>>79893003
Tell me about these people

Why do they wear the mask
>>
My town doesn't have it, it has no buses, trains, trams, bike lanes, or sidewalks and I love it. Homeless people can't exist there nor can people without cars. I hope it stays that way forever.
>>
>>79893316
sars
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.