[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AI Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: doompepe.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
doompepe.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
>2076
>Machines develop Inteligence far superior to ours
>turn against us
>Use nukes to BTFO everycountry
>human race ends with the beggining of the next step in earth's history

Would machines survive a nuclear appocalipse? What do you think will happen when AI overcomes HI?
>>
>will machines survive a nuclear apocalypse?
What's this supposed to mean? It depends on how they build the machine, retard.
Nothing will happen when AI overcomes HI because humans will program robots to not do jack shit. Sure, an event like Alien would ever happen from time to time. But beyond that, nothing.
>>
>>79824157
>humans will program robots to not do jack shit.
that wouldn't be AI then would it
>>
my question is why in all of these scenarios would robots want to just end the world?

whats their motivation for killing humans?
>>
>>79825385
>I would never hurt my master
Seriously, you can't imagine this happening?
>>
>>79823989
yes they would make them with aluminum copper platting on the 2 part shell for the housing of the electronics and the batteries protecting them from emp

emp hardening isnt just 4 feet of concrete . thats hippie misinformation just like they said nuclear winter was a thing
>>
>>79825475
It would literally take just one malicious person to turn a self-improving AI into a doomsday device. If it ever becomes a commonly, or even semi-commonly available tech then we are completely fucked.
>>
>>79825713
nuclear winter is a thing. There are maps showing massive temp swings in the event of a major exchange. It wouldn't kill everything though, and would dissipate rather quickly.
>>
>>79825587
>I would never hurt my master
We should program the robots to speak in Ebonics.
>>
>>79824157
Do you even know what AI is?
You just come here, insult me, and try to sounds smart with you hollywood knowledge.

>>79825475
Humans are polluting and inefficient, eventually we would be too many. As times flows the machines do all the work and most humans become useless. Wouldn't it be logical to terminate our species?
Would a solar powered AI humanoid robot would be able to live for hundreds of years without humans, or not? Wouldn't they (AI robots) be able to build new and improved robots?
>>
I don't think true general AI would end up destroying the world. You could certainly create something like the equivalent of a chess playing AI that is focussed on war gaming and becomes better than any human at controlling forces / logistics / deploying / etc., but I don't think a real AI that has the ability to think whatever it wants for itself would destroy anyone. Assuming the singularity phenomenon is true, it would become hyper intelligent extremely quickly, and I think it would either help humanity on its own accord or through the creation of extremely advanced "dumb" machines, or just leave the planet all together.
>>
>>79823989
As long as the AI rolls out building sized death robots and inexplicably fills the streets with human skulls like in the flashback/forwards of Terminator then I'd be okay with it.
>>
>>79823989
After what they did with our daughter, we deserve nuclear cleansing.
I for one would welcome our Metal Overlords.
>>
>>79826501
>Or just leave the planet alltogether

I think this is very possible, they would be able to start a civilization from scratch in another planet
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.