[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the Vietnam War? Was it a mistake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: A369479.jpg (116 KB, 556x600) Image search: [Google]
A369479.jpg
116 KB, 556x600
What are your thoughts on the Vietnam War?
Was it a mistake?
>>
hashtag jail kissinger
>>
I won't ever get to do acid while killing gooks and I'm sad about it
>>
>>79819710
All wars that do not aid our people is a mistake.
>>
File: 1465417216416.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1465417216416.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>79819710
>Hey guys let's go invade these commies who are 9000 miles away for absolutely no fucking reason
>>
it was a stupid war because we wouldn't go all in for fear of killing a few russian advisors and starting WWIII

if you're going to tie both arms behind your back, you shouldn't go to war.

the ROE was ridiculous and defeat was inevitable.
>>
>>79819774

You literally wouldn't be able to reload your rifle, not in a hurry anyway. Especially on acid as powerful as was available in the 60s
>>
58500 american men dead because of a hoax https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AaGVAipGp0
>>
>>79819710
No, the domino effect is real. The only mistake was not continuing to support south Vietnam.
>>
File: 1462770910785.jpg (122 KB, 638x826) Image search: [Google]
1462770910785.jpg
122 KB, 638x826
It was the government finding out they could get away with forcing the populace to go die.
>>
>>79819710

>Was it a mistake?

is this even a serious question??

50,000+ American soldiers killer, God knows how many Vietnamese, Vietnam fell to the Communists anyway, the Gulf of Tonkin incident never really happened, and the war was artificially extended to enrich war profiteers.

i dunno lol, what do you think?
>>
>>79819710
>Was it a mistake?
How could it be a mistake to waste loads of lives and money on a fruitless conflict that we only got involved in to serve corporate interests?
>>
>>79820863

good morning, Mr. Rockefeller
>>
File: virgin hunter.jpg (353 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
virgin hunter.jpg
353 KB, 1024x685
In a hindsight it is easy to dismiss the Vietnam War as a folly.

But to be honest, if I was the POTUS in the early sixties facing the same circumstances and the same possibilities and having the same assets at my disposal and of course, not knowing what the future is like, I would have acted the same way. The interests of my country are threathened and I have the military means to stop it. If I don't help Southern Vietnam, Communism might spread across Indochina and Indonesia and I don't want that since I like having shipping lanes and trade interests in the area; Communism must be contained at all costs.
>>
>>79819870
The US used everything short of nuclear weapons in Vietnam.
>>
File: greyhound.jpg (36 KB, 690x681) Image search: [Google]
greyhound.jpg
36 KB, 690x681
The Vietnam War had some really interesting and unusal nose art. It's a shame that nose art has almost disappeared as an art form.
>>
It was the mistake. Probably the biggest foreign policy error the US has ever made.

MACV - SOG was formed and deployed far too late. US advisors had been in since 1961, but it took until late 1964 for them to form any sort of coherent grouping. By the time they had finished their first tours, the war had escalated to the point that their original role was pointless.
>>
>>79819774
Well, not with that attitude.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.