[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rolling Stone Reporter Recalls The Moment Her UVA Rape Story Unraveled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Sara_C-Ville-2.jpg (88 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Sara_C-Ville-2.jpg
88 KB, 1024x683
>Jackie said she was forced to perform oral sex on several men. In her final story, Jackie said a date took her to a party where she was “raped by I think six guys,” who held her over broken glass and put a beer bottle inside her.
>The escalating details raised no red flags for Erdely.
>“To the contrary, I found this to be entirely consistent with the behavior of a victim of sexual assault or other trauma,” Erdely said in the papers.
>“Jackie isn’t credible,” Erdely told her editors — in a 1:54 a.m. email — about her primary source for the story, “We have to issue a retraction.”
>“This experience has been devastating to me, both professionally and personally,” Erdely said.
>“Never in my 20-plus years as a reporter have I had a story or a source fall apart on me after publication. After feeling so sure about the Article, and believing so strongly that it would help spur change on college campuses, losing faith in the credibility of one of my major sources post publication took me entirely by surprise. I was stunned and shaken by the experience, and remain so to this day.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rolling-stone-writer-uva-rape-story-nightmare-article-1.2698465

Daily reminder that all women have to do is say you think you raped and make it up with a Dawson's Creek story and it will be written in a serious publication.
>>
I wonder if this 'journalist' feels raped by this whole situation.
>>
>>79808726
Did we ever doc the reporter and/or """"rape victim"""""?
I hope both of them are sued and ruined a la Gawker
>>
>>79808726

It's almost like you should wait until you have factual evidence and not just hearsay when publishing shit that can irreparably damage someone's reputation

Dumb bitch
>>
>>79808726
>believing so strongly that it would help spur change on college campuses
Free press is a mistake.
>>
>>79808726
This story, along with mattress girl basically killed the campus rape meme.
>>
>>79809535
No, you should listen and believe, you fucking bigot
>>
>>79808726

>publish a story without any evidence
>omg wtf how did this go so wrong

>female intellectuals
>>
File: jakejosie.jpg (52 KB, 640x855) Image search: [Google]
jakejosie.jpg
52 KB, 640x855
>>79808726
It's all become a massive joke.

Wasn't Mattress Girl given a Woman of the Year award or some shit recently?
>>
>>79808726
>Never in my 20-plus years as a reporter have I had a story or a source fall apart on me after publication.
Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Erdely#Rolling_Stone_article:_.22The_Catholic_Church.27s_Secret_Sex-Crime_Files.22

>Ralph Cipriano wrote in Newsweek that "Erdely didn't know or bother to find out ... that Billy had already told his story to the archdiocese, police, and a grand jury, and would subsequently retell it to two different juries in two criminal cases. And every time he told his story, the details kept changing."[15] In the first iteration of the rape Billy Doe claimed to have endured, he was knocked unconscious, stripped, tied to a church altar with sashes, and anally raped on the altar for five hours. Subsequent iterations of the rape recounted by Doe were less dramatic; a final version omitted the five-hour altar anal rape. Instead, Billy Doe explained, he had been coerced into engaging in mutual masturbation.[15] Cipriano criticized Erdely for failing to include information on Billy Doe's background that could have impugned his credibility; he had, for instance, been arrested six times, once while trafficking 56 bags of heroin.[16][17] Doe's lawyer Slade McLaughlin, and David Clohessy, head of SNAP, have noted in response that substance abuse is a common reaction to childhood sexual abuse.

>When Erdely was covering the Billy Doe story, her husband was a criminal prosecutor for the District Attorney of Philadelphia, which was overseeing the case. Rolling Stone editors said that it was not a conflict of interest because he was not personally involved in the prosecution.

Seems to me she has a history of this.
>>
>>79809891
>Seems to me she has a history of this.

Women are terrified of and fascinated by rape because they know it's the first thing they would do if they woke up and had a penis.
>>
>>79810081
>it's the first thing they would do

reminds me of that image of the British cunt standing behind a cop in a coffee shop and going "omg guns are so bad BTW I could disarm him and shoot everyone :DDDD"
>>
File: 1467593304775.png (27 KB, 383x537) Image search: [Google]
1467593304775.png
27 KB, 383x537
GAS THE DYKES
RAPE WAR NOW
>>
>>79809380
The fraternity sued and lost but the Dean is suing her now because she was actually named
>>
>>79808726
The """""""""""""journalist""""""""""""" only feels """"""""""""terrible""""""""""" because they got called out on it.
>>
>>79809136
Haha good one tyrone
>>
>>79808726
>she was “raped by I think six guys,” who held her over broken glass and put a beer bottle inside her.

This didn't seem at all fabricated?
>female intellectuals
>>
File: 1459050869263.jpg (93 KB, 850x784) Image search: [Google]
1459050869263.jpg
93 KB, 850x784
>>79810148
>>
File: 1463788647608.jpg (35 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1463788647608.jpg
35 KB, 600x549
>>79811310

thanks for the rage Charles
>>
>>79810914

This. And she only feels terrible for herself. Not a mention of the people she was happily accusing of rape
>>
>>79808726

I was in c-ville when this all happened and it was despicable.

Peoplr threw bricks through the window of that frat and spray painted "rapist" on the side.

AND EVEN AFTER it was found to be a false story, the vocal students and the administration pulled the "well it provoked an important discussion anyway" and strong armed all fraternities to sign new charters.

Nothing but beer in cans is allowed to be served at parties anymore.... a long way from Playboy's party school of the year when I was a freshman. It made me realize that despite the rich history it's just another cesspool of liberal academia. I'll never donate or visit as long as Teresa Sullivan is still president
>>
>>79808726

READ THIS LINE:
>After feeling so sure about the Article, and believing so strongly that it would help spur change on college campuses,

NOW READ IT AGAIN:
>and believing so strongly that it would help spur change on college campuses,

AND AGAIN:
>help spur change on college campuses,

ONE MORE TIME:
>help spur change

This is not your fucking job you stupid bitch.

Journalism is not political activism. You're supposed to be holding institutions of power accountable for their actual actions, not act on behalf of an institution you support.

She should never be hired by any publication, ever again.
>>
>>79811310
Yea try and take a street cop's gun from him, then when he tazes your dumbass yoi can sue him for excessive force.
>>
File: tearup.png (68 KB, 513x568) Image search: [Google]
tearup.png
68 KB, 513x568
>>79811913
Woah they're just trying to start a conversation, bigot.
>>
>>79811938
iirc it's a level 3 retention holster

most likely she'd cop an elbow to the face (or fivehead)
>>
>>79809891
kek.
>srsly this is the first time it happened, could not have seen it coming at all
>>
>>79808726
when someone was raped and the first thing they do is run off to the media instead the police you ought to wake up and smell the bullshit, to bad these people are dumb as bricks
>>
>>79812049
>cassandra stein
Is she only half jew or something ?
>>
>>79812137
If there's no rape kit you must acquit.
>>
>>79810774
>they lost
no they didn't you lying twat.. stop spreading fallacies

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/05/media/jackie-rolling-stone-rape-story/
>>
>>79812064
Even after the elbow the officer would still pull out his tazer and order her to the ground. Knowing this dumb cunt, she'd refuse and ride the lightning.
>>
>>79812049
This is photshop'd right ?

Right, guys ?
>>
>>79811640
lmao my sister said she wasn't allowed to go frat houses for like 5 months

American universities are literally just overpriced day care centers
>>
File: 1467513481799.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1467513481799.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1440
>>79812262
>ride the lightning
>>
>>79812231
>April 5, 2016

Fuck off, retard.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/29/news/companies/rolling-stone-uva-rape-libel-suit-dismissal/
>>
>>79808726
She needs the D
>>
>>79812049 >>79812177 >>79812298
>Stein
>Zimmerman

Even then, with that pic both could be fucked, false report and aiding
>>
File: image.png (622 KB, 1293x1407) Image search: [Google]
image.png
622 KB, 1293x1407
>>
>>79811938
Well considering the type of holster it is, she wouldn't have been able to take out the gun anyways.

That holster is designed so only the wearer can draw it.
>>
>>79808726
Another prog journalist "change-maker" exposed as a total fraud. My heart breaks.
>>
>>79808726
I crave pictures of dead reporters, please post.
>>
>>79809874
>Wasn't Mattress Girl given a Woman of the Year award or some shit recently

I doubt it. Bit I do remember some congresswoman got behind her and lost a lot of credibility.
>>
>I'm a victim, feel bad for me

Women
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.