[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good idea to buy land, make a farm, and found a small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13
File: 500px-Rampart-in.png (270 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
500px-Rampart-in.png
270 KB, 500x234
Is it a good idea to buy land, make a farm, and found a small agricultural town and grow from there? I've always dreamed of this, but I imagine that even thinking about it would cost me my life in debt and thst I'd be unable to earn enough money for it by working for a few years.
>>
>>79720849

>playing Rampart

kek, go Tower/Conflux or go home.
>>
>>79720939

Also this is now a HOMM3 thread.

>Where my Russiabros at?
>>
>>79720939
>being a conflux cuck
>not an alpha as fuck wind spell mining fortress player
>not making those behemoths speedy Gonzales all over the fucking place

Don't even start with me.
>>
>you will never play heroes3 for the first time ever again

buying land and building a farm seems idyllic until the first round of paperwork, then it's a hassle

then there's the endless trips to some jewish lawyers office, then the endless bullshit meetings at city hall to get everything approved, then after a few months of endless unforeseen expenses and bullshit laws you have to follow, you realize that you won't actually make any money the first decade if you account for the costs, and you realize farming is endlessly more complicated than you anticipated and you just go back to shitposting and complaining about social justice warriors because honestly, it's easier
>>
>>79721070

>he uses lvl1 spells

i would usually play dungeon or rampart, get magic immune dragons and then spam armageddon or inferno
>>
you can do it if you have lots of spare cash.
i must advise against taking loans for buying farm land - you wont be making any money for a long time, so the debt will end up crushing you.

also rampart is shit. necropolis and dungeon are best!
>>
>>79721194
Norway speaking the truth

Just get a job as a jew lawyer, it's way easier.
>>
>>79721070

>Not embracing the double growth 7th tier creature and early game BS with fast heroes and sprites

Conflux are the masterrace fortress are literally 'muh defensive cuckshed' the faction. Stronghold is okay but I find the flavour sort of bland, kind of like Inferno.

>>79721194

Used to play it with my dad and little sister on hotseat and didn't know what the fuck I was doing because I was like 7, best memories.
>>
>>79720939
fucking maplecuck can only win with double lvl 7 growth town. also tower sucks balls on anything other than babbys 1st difficulty. I bet you play solmyr too. I would kill you irl

if you dont play FORTRESS you suck
>>
>>79720849
>be me
>be born into a 4th generation family ranch/farm in saskatchewan (worth millions, no debt)
>be allergic to pollen and dust
>life sucks senpai, I can at least deal with the cows, but can't swath nor combine or I'll die.
>>
>>79721594
>>79721070
>>79720939

have ANY of you cucks even finished all of the campaigns? first person to tell me what type of faction the enemy AI is in the last map of the last campaign is not a pleb
>>
File: hello.jpg (11 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
11 KB, 204x247
Master race stopping by
>>
>>79721300
yeah good luck getting armageddon.
>>
>>79720939
You could win every map with those centaurs

conflux is simply shit
>>
>>79721802
It's good if you find a conflux city in late game, but it's shit as a starting city
>>
>>79721594

>tfw fond memories of playing tower as a kid with my dad
>dad played Solmyr for chain lightning
>later learn a bit more about how to play properly
>pick Neela whenever I play Tower
>feel a little bit bad

Jesus Christ leave me alone burger, you're gonna give me a feel.
>>
File: SPOOKY SCARY NECROMANCY.png (8 KB, 82x93) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKY SCARY NECROMANCY.png
8 KB, 82x93
>Not playing Necropolis
>>
>>79721802
>>79721853

Sure because Sprites and Storm Elementals aren't god tier early game. fuck off with your BS.

>he doesn't know how to split sprites into groups and use them to lure retarded AI creature groups into uselessness while using the 'wait' function to get double moves and abusing the no retaliation hits to hit and run until everything is dead with no casualties

laughingspritewhores.jpg
>>
>>79721763

there are characters you can select that start with meteor shower or inferno, after that it's just a matter of getting enough towns and you're guaranteed to get armageddon eventually
>>
>>79721802
conflux is gay as fuck but objectiveltly the best town. their lvl 1 is fast with no no retaliation. lvl 7 is double growth and the fastest unit from a town. plus you can fucking buy magic skills straight up.
>>
File: Necropolis.jpg (62 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
Necropolis.jpg
62 KB, 500x320
>>79721917
>Legion of Skeletons on every Hero
>>
>>79720849

You don't do something like that for the money. You do it for the legacy.

My great grandfather did exactly that when he came to the U.S. from Germany. Literally founded a town to support his farm. At it's peak, had a population of about 500 and has stabilized slightly below that now, surrounded by mostly agriculture and some mining.

He had two wives. The first died in childbirth with her 7th child. His 2nd wife gave him 4 more. On average, each of those children produced four grandchildren, plus he imported his 2nd wife's brothers & set them up with their own farms, which produced about 50 more children and grandchildren.

The entire extended family, scattered throughout the U.S. and Canada with a bunch that went back to Germany and a dozen or two in other countries around the world number between 6,000 and 7,000 ... in the last 2 decades, we've lost count because we can't keep a complete database on every birth, death and relocation anymore.

He died on his farm about the age of 70. The farm and the farmhouse now have more or less vanished into the wilderness, just some vacant land 100 miles from nowhere. The town is a gas station a couple stores and houses and little more than a place for local farmers to hang out on Saturday night.

His children inherited almost nothing, just very basic family items and small amounts of cash. But, every one of his children lived, in an era when the mortality rate for newborns was nearly 50%. He made sure a doctor was available in his town.

His legacy is that he lived a long, hard-working life, and his descendants now spread their German bloodlines across the globe, something unimaginable when he left Germany, broke and most of his family slaughtered in wars.

America. Fuck yeah.
>>
farmers are one of the most suicide-prone professions op, get over your 'i wish i lived a simple life' shit. everyone goes through that and we all realize that living like a peasant actually sucks ass.
>>
>>79722076

we didn't have conflux back in my day kiddo
>>
File: 500px-Castle-in.png (300 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
500px-Castle-in.png
300 KB, 500x234
>>79720849
>>79720939
>>79721300
>>79721311
>>79721418
>>79721594
>>79721756
>>79721917

HEATHENS GET OUT.
>>
>>79721721
are you me?
>>
File: Crag Hack.jpg (6 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Crag Hack.jpg
6 KB, 128x128
>>79720939
>Tower/Conflux
Tower is piss weak and over reliant on spells and Conflux is bullshit overpowered

Stronghold is the real deal
>pic related. I never once lost a fight with this guy
>>
>>79722234

>potatoniggers cant into vidya

look guys it's trying to attempt banter
>>
>>79722151
none of that happened did it
>>
>>79722358

>Receives a 5% per level bonus to Offense skill percentage.

...thats so fucking boring i cant even
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 58x64) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 58x64
>>79722358
eat a dick hack, goat hero coming through
>>
>>79721721
>Swath
There's a word I haven't heard in a while
>>
>>79722234
I guess. I just could never handle it properly. One mistake and half of my fairies where gone.

Specially when I played with friends and there was no going back to another save file
>>
>>79722541
were gone*
>>
>>79720849
As I speak I am on 100+ acres of farmland and raising all my /pol/ approved white kids.

If you want to farm, you need to save up some cash and then buy it. Do not get a loan, do it cash. You may have to leave the states to do so, I had a large farm in Northern Mexico that I was forced to sell a few years back.

Also, work a farm for a season before you buy. Farming is a lot of hard work, and there is ALWAYS fenceline that needs to be checked.

For most, the best way is a hobby farm. Own a few acres, have a big garden, perhaps some animals, and know where you food is coming from, and have a day job to help pay the bills.
>>
>>79722440
Clearly, you've never played through the shadow of death campaign

>>79722469
>Tazar
Literally who?
>Fortress
Ah, no wonder I have no Idea who that is. Fuck the swamp niggers, they're the weakest link.
>>
File: Hero_Dessa.png (5 KB, 58x64) Image search: [Google]
Hero_Dessa.png
5 KB, 58x64
>>79722358
Brofist strongholdbro
Though Logistics > Offense
Also Battle Mages have an amazing skill pool
And check out the skeleton nigger on his pic
>>
>>79720849
Regulation and that you'll have to purchase new seeds every year will kill you.
>>
>>79722751
russians would disagree with you. go learn to play heroes, campaign babby
>>
>>79722751

ive finished all of the campaigns. reminder i never said it was bad, i said it was boring
>>
>>79722760

Crag Hack is well known as being the strongest hero though, with most Stronghold strats revolving around cheesing out mass hasted behemoths really quickly.

Logistics is really fucking good though.
>>
File: 1404876137386.jpg (37 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1404876137386.jpg
37 KB, 285x298
>>79722760
>Battle Mages
This guy gets it

>skeleton nigger
Holy shit, I never realized
>>
>>79722809
Depends on what you grow.

Liberals pay so much for organic/GMO free crops that you can make a decent living. Also fruit trees are a good way to avoid the "Buy seeds every year" but you have to wait 7-10 years before getting crops.
>>
>>79722809
What? Who bitches about buying new hybrid?
>>
>>79722900
I would always get expert earth magic w/town gate on as many heroes as possible, that would save you a fuck ton of traveling.

But yeah, barbarians need logistics otherwise they get slowed down. I blame the ogres
>>
I was actually watching HOMM3 videos in the background when i accidently upton this thread
rampart = best nostalgia
>>
>>79720939
Conflux was mistake.
>>
>>79723000
What is wrong with buying seeds every year?

My dad does... so do all our neighbours... if you are growing to sell or even just for cow feed then buying new hybrid is totally standard ime
>>
>>79723074

the non combat spells that enabled you to just fucking fly all over the place were just ridiculously overpowered
>>
>>79723074

>trying to do this strat
>get expert earth magic right away
>1st 4th level mage guilt, no portal
>2nd... no portal
>3rd... no portal
>4th + library... no portal

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
What do you guys think of the Cove town?
>>
File: really makes u think.jpg (176 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
really makes u think.jpg
176 KB, 800x600
>>79723104
This. RIP Forge, what could it have been...
>>
File: 11.jpg (2 KB, 58x64) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
2 KB, 58x64
>>79722358
>i can't hear you behind 10000 skeletons
>>
>>79720849
Farm as a hobby but don't make it a career.
>>
>Not going for tower
>Not using godly first tier archer goblins
>Breaking way to mines in less than a week wtih master goblins.
>Get OP magic with 3 archers on the team in 2 weeks.

Do you fags even play?
>>
>come back to this thread
>better homm 3 thread than you'd normally get on /v/
Shucks.

But anyway I'm more interested in forming a small town than a farm, I kind of asumed you need a farm to make a town.
>>
>>79723550
good luck with those resource requirements. tower is worse than inferno
>>
>>79722397

Every single word of that happened. And more. That's the condensed story.

We have 7- to 10-day a family reunion every five years where we rent out small, remote resorts (usually some recreational lake with ~200 cabins and grounds for tents and RVs). Different region of the U.S. each time so that different families can make it depending on their circumstances. Between 1000 and 1500 family show up during the course, some for the whole time (usually the elder generations) and some for a day or two.
>>
>>79723170
If you're talking about the spell 'fly' then it was still as limited to your movement on foot.

Little overlooked fact though, using it would reduce the rough terrain movement penalty to zero

If you're talking about every spell that greatly enhanced your ability to move across the adventure map (IE, dimension door, Water walk, etc) rarely do I ever pick those up at expert level any sooner than the last 20% of the map. As far I'm concerned, It just speeds up the inevitable

>>79723198
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee indeed. What's ever more aggravating is if you try and settle for air magic instead but can never find dimension door

>>79723345
looks awesome. Wasn't there a bootleg fan version that brought the forge to life?

>>79723693
Fucking this. People always seem to forget that your global logistics in heroes was often more important than your combat skills
>>
>>79723693
Yeah they are pretty bad. Mainly the titans. But it's not hard to farm the gems if you get that one ogre bitch and resource silo to help produce that 2 gem a day.
>>
File: Creature_Pit_Lord.gif (3 KB, 41x93) Image search: [Google]
Creature_Pit_Lord.gif
3 KB, 41x93
>>79723693
>not playing inferno with two of these dudes, two hasted demons, and a magog

Do you even doom, faggot?
>>
>>79723418
>tfw playing HoMM3 recently
>Pretend I'm the motherfucking Night King slowly but surely killing all opposition and boosting my massive skellington army

Goddamn, what a game
>>
>>79723345
There are some good mods my firend.
>>
>>79723140
never said it was wrong - just said that you do not have to use them and some market for that angle, and it a valid market.
>>
>>79724096
>there will never be another game with as much sheer content and replay ability and flat out neat shit like homm 3
>tfw you've played homm 3 so much that there's nothing new for you anymore

The only uncharted territory for me is fucking warlords battlecry.
>>
>>79724096
Wasn't there like a ultimate artifact that boosted necromancy by a shit ton? Or was that the holy grail for that team. I never used necromancers too much.
>>
>>79724265
Are you talking about the cloak of the undead king?
>>
>>79724265
http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Cloak_of_the_Undead_King

OP as fuck
>>
File: 2 spooky.jpg (172 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2 spooky.jpg
172 KB, 2000x2000
>>79720939
>playing the strongeset faction
I guess you are challenged enough.
>>
Did anyone really get into that pirate city expansion?
>>
>>79724354
>>79724390

Yes that fucking thing. I remember playing with my brother online and he would have that cloak with a gorrillion skeletons.
>>
>>79724525
That Cloak makes Necromancy produce Liches instead of skellies.
>>
>>79723964

if you knew what you were doing you could juke and bait out AI by flying over impassable terrain and ninja their town
>>
>>79724651
Yeah I just read that. Fuck that OP thing.
>>
>>79722363
Go burn a church, faggot
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.