[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was slavery really that bad? I don't think slave owners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
Was slavery really that bad?

I don't think slave owners would beat or do bad things to the slaves just for fun. Only punishments for the bad ones.

In fact, Africans seems to have it worse today than slaves back then.

So was it just another exaggerated lie like the (((Holocaust)))?
>>
Yes, slavery is bad.

Self-ownership is the most fundamental of human rights.
>>
yes they would the slave owners here in brazil were all criminals that portugual kicked from there just like uk kicked their criminals to australia
>>
>>79619061

Yes it was bad. Slaveowners treating their slaves well or poorly is beside the point really.
>>
>>79619283

but niggers aren't human, rendering your argument invalid
>>
Maybe.
>>
File: 1466819979869.jpg (11 KB, 293x301) Image search: [Google]
1466819979869.jpg
11 KB, 293x301
>>79619283
>human
>>
File: 1465957076413.png (224 KB, 782x639) Image search: [Google]
1465957076413.png
224 KB, 782x639
>>79619283

>black
>human
>>
>>79619061
It was bad in the sense that 200 years later we still have them in the western world
>>
Slaves in South America (namely Brazil) were worked until they died. They usually lived 1-3 years after arriving on the shores.

Slaves destined for America had a better fate and lived until old age.

The policy in South America was that it was easier to just get fresh slaves over taking care of the ones you had.

It's kinda like shooting a horse instead of taking care of it's broken leg.
>>
>>79619061
slavery in america was more akin to an all expenses paid vacation. Really the plantation owners and the white man were slaves.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 510x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 510x624
free nignogs in America treat each other worse on a daily basis than a slavemaster ever has

their "we iz brothas and sistahs" spiel is a load of shit, they hate each other
>>
File: 20th century slave shackles.jpg (7 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
20th century slave shackles.jpg
7 KB, 300x204
>>79619283
>t. wage slave
>>
Slavery is wrong period regardless of how well you're treated
>>
>>79620148

I refuse to wear a tie, actually.

Motherfucker, buttons exist for a reason.
>>
>>79620196
fagmeister, back to tumblr.
>>
In the US? No.

Elsewhere? Probably.
>>
>>79619061

"Anntrayyyy"

Tarantino is a genius.
>>
>>79620315
How unamerican of you, touting the benefits of slavery
>>
>>79619061
Probably, but in all fairness white people got lynched and whipped far more often then niggers, before and after slavery.
>>
>>79619061

How often do farmers beat their animals just for funzies? They weren't shamelessly beaten for no reason, but the entire situation is still fucked up
>>
>>79619061
It goes against the right of self-determination plus slaves were treated terribly. On the slave ships on the way over to America they were often chained down to a rough wooden 'bed' which would scrape the skin off their backs. They'd only be allowed to move around to exercise and to eat. Plus when they got sold the slavers more often than not treated them terribly.
>>
>>79620479
america is a land of queers, marxists and foreigners. until we are all white and put to death any shitty inferior races we are not america.
>>
>>79620709
How's middle school treating ya?
>>
>>79619061

>be slavemaster
>buy all the busty big titty, big ass niggerbunnies for cheap for sex slave
>buy all da stronk niggerdummies to work your fields for cottenslave

smoke the dank and drink whiskey all day
>>
>>79620780
hows speaking arabic and having your daughter gangraped by muslims because you cant own a gun treating ya?
>>
>>79620148
>be me
>engineer
>white collar job, tie and jacket required
>make lots of money
>40hr work week, hella vacation time
>ski trips, beach trips
>401k, stocks, job security

Wage slavery is just the worst man
>>
Some slavery facts.

>slavery was only legal in 11 states (The South)

> less than 1% of all Americans AT THAT TIME (So probably 0.001% by today's population) actually owned slaves.

>There were no "mass hangings/killings" of blacks unless they ran away, slaves were actually quite expensive and you wouldn't kill/destroy your own property.

>only black males were forced to tend the fields, the females had to clean the house and cook and got to sleep inside or in a slave shack.

>there existed more free blacks in the USA than Slaves and many blacks owned black slaves

Was slavery a bad thing? Of course.
Was it as bad as people make it out to be? Not even close.
>>
>>79620886
>He's too young to know /pol/ was ironic
>He's too dumb to understand politics and how a country operates beyond edgy buzzwords from stormfront

Don't worry, as you grow up you'll (hopefully) learn a bit more. We all go through the edgy alt-right phase as teens, its about having the strength to overcome it
>>
>>79619061
Not in fucking Brazil.
>>
>>79619061
Yes.
See: Stanford Prison Experiment.
People are inclined to abuse their authority over others and dehumanize them if given absolute control.
>>
>>79620940
>engineer
>vacation time

Hey, john, something fucked up on one of our clients, can you join into this 8 hour conference call while they repeatedly yell at us for a problem but never attempt to tell us what the problem actually is? I know you're on vacation with your family right now, but it'll be a huge favor for us and we won't reimburse your vacation time.
>>
>>79621200
how about you overcome the eleven brown children your wife has popped out and your stupid cuck shed you dumb fucking loser
>>
>>79621200
>paki rape gangs all over england and labour and police covering it up
>pol is ironic!
1400+ raped girls and counting
>>
>>79619061
Because of Slavery think of how many blacks we imported from Africa so they could live a much better life than they could ever dream of in Africa.
>>
File: 1360686937555.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1360686937555.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>79621640
Goddamit man, that was pure truth
>>
>>79621584
Stanford prison experiment only shows that liberal college students tend to abuse failing societies with imbalanced power structures and eventually lead to their collapse. Nothing new there.

Also it is notable that literally every negative escalation except for one event at the end was due to this one guard who intentionally tried to act like the ultimate dick prison guard because he wanted to see if the examiners would abide by the agreement to not interfere or if they would step in to stop him. They eventually did kick him out, but by that point every other guard knew what they could get away with, and some of the other guards saw him being pulled aside so much that they believed he was actually a plant by the examiners, and that the study actually expected them to emulate his behavior and abuse the prisoners.
>>
>>79619061
>Among all the punishments faced by enslaved women, whippings were the most common, or at least the most talked about. The whip used was made of plaited cow-skin. Some overseers report that it was so strong, that it could take the skin off horses back, or lay marks in a "deal board." At times women ran away to protest whippings or escape other mistreatment. Running away was looked at as a serious crime, and many slaves were punished in various ways. Some female slaves was punished so badly that they were left to die. An observer remembered "a woman lying down and groaning…her left side, where she had been most whipped appeared in a most mortifying state, and almost covered with worms." Slave owners and overseers also assaulted enslaved women with ebony brushes, which were known to be far worse than thorn brushes. The back of one slave woman in Jamaica, flogged with such a brush, was described as being taken off, down to her heels.
>Slave uprisings, or rebellions and revolts, were frequent and were ferociously put down by plantation owners. The idea was to put off future rebels by showing them how any rebellion would be punished. Participants of rebellions were often publicly killed ‘by progressive mutilation, slow burnings, breaking on the wheel.’ The wheel was a form of torture where bones were dislocated and the body pulled apart on a wheel. Slaves were also ‘tortured or starved to death in cages.’ On the Caribbean island of Antigua, 77 slaves, or ‘rebels’ as they were described, were burned alive in 1736.
>>
>>79619061
she needs to be my personal slave
>>
>>79622544
>The whip used
Wow, they all used the same whip? Is it sitting in a museum somewhere right now or something? Or was it like a regulation thing, where people came around and checked that you were using the right grade of bullying for your leather and of it was too supple you'd get a fine?

Oh wait, it's just bullshit? Okay then.
>>
>>79622794
>bullying
Bullskin.
>>
>>79622446
>only applies to le ebin librul college students
wew lad XDDDD
>>
>>79622544
what about burger slavery? this only shows carribbean slavery
>>
>>79620131
this. nigs are gonna nog.
>>
Slavery was the false flag used by the north to attack the south. By doing this they were able to consolidate the power of the federal government.

Slavery would have been abolished eventually and by peaceful means.
>see the rest of the world
However, the north realized it was quickly becoming irrelevant to the United States as it had no real industry to contribute to the nation. The south would have eventually become the economic powerhouse of the nation through agriculture and thus begin to influence politics of the entire nation, a spot traditionally held by the north.

Que the useful idiots and the entire civil war.

Technology would have rendered slavery useless in a few years anyway, as a handful of people could do the work of hundreds.

Don't kid yourself with thinking that after the civil war niggers were magically well off thanks to thier freedom. They weren't. Most had nothing and were forced into sharecropping situations that were just as bad as slavery, but the north didn't care cause niggers had freedom and the federal government had the power it wanted.

Had the civil war not happened I believe that after the industrial revolution niggers wouldn't have been needed in great numbers and would have been sent back to Africa.
Imagine that.
>>
>>79622960
>liberal college students
>feelings besides desiring more power and control
>>
>>79622446
The Stanford Prison Experiment is very well documented and has many real-world parallels, it influenced prison policy all over the world.
There are literally thousands of high profile cases all over the planet of prisoner abuse, from Abu-Ghraib to Black Dolphin.
The reason slavery is inherently bad is that there can be no "humane slavery" because anyone who has that amount of power and control over another person, regardless of their character or intentions, has the potential to abuse that person, and as experiments and evidence have shown, a psychological inclination to do so.
>>
>>79623175
Nice meme
>>
>>79619283
>human rights

don't exist
>>
>>79621170
>>only black males were forced to tend the fields, the females had to clean the house and cook and got to sleep inside or in a slave shack

Jesus, but that's discrimination against women.
>>
In brazil in particular, the slavery culture was actually rather weak. I blame it cause we didnt have a supremacist culture (or any culture at all, if you will). Do you know how big name philosophers and authors would write whole essays justifing the slavery, usually like white people duty was to civilize the blacks? There wasnt much of this here.

My guess is that slave owners were full aware that black were slaved cause they were on the wrong place, at the wrong time, and they need someone to work on the large farms here.

When slavery was banished here, they bought in a lot of italian and spanish refugees (napoleonic wars were going on), and put they to work about as hard, but they would work gladly cause they were being saved from war and starvation, so no physical punishment too.
>>
>>79620940
>be me
>NEET
>NEET job, no dress code
>make NEET bux
>0hr work week, always vacation time
>not much of a skier, but live right next to the beach(es)
>NEET stocks, NEET security

being NEET is just the worst man
>>
>>79619283
This is true regardless of the niggers aren't human memes. Only problem with this post is using the term human rights instead of individual rights. Individual rights, or inalienable rights are the philosophical idea of "rights" developed in English common law that rights are endowed upon men by the creator. Human rights stems from the united nations idea of rights, that government grants man his rights and can regulate them.

Seriously, read the UN charter of universal human rights. In the second to last article it says outright the UN can regulate all rights and no rights can be used contrary to purposes and principals of the UN. i.e. freedom of speech cannot be used to criticize global government.

Freedom to bare arms and freedom of the press are oddly omitted from this charter as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 624x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 624x707
>>79619061
>tfw no qt maid house slave to call you master and take care of you everyday while you give her a nice comfortable life
>>
>>79621640
I guess if you have a shitty job. My white collar job, if I'm on vacation, they don't bother me.
>>
>>79619283
>human rights.
Cant be found in any african country today.
>>
>>79619061
>Was slavery really that bad?

I saw a documentary about 2 african fucks BEGGING to be taken by slave owners in some shitdump country in Africa.
> It really never went away

> it was not as bad as they tell us

> but that doesn't make it right. Humans can not be property.
>>
>>79621200
I know two guys (20s) [am Aus touring in Nippland atm] in my outer social circle who're full fledged autsy alt right

The phenomenons more common than ya think governor
>>
>>79621170
>> less than 1% of all Americans AT THAT TIME (So probably 0.001% by today's population) actually owned slaves.

that's probably based on fact, but I know that my family was average-to-poor south Carolina people, and we dug up some old census records that showed some odd property in with the farm equipment, namely six people.
>>
>>79624093
everyone is south carolina has slave blood and/or slaveowner blood
>>
>>79620106
This. Basically, a man would inherit slaves from a family member without choosing to and because a state government made so much revenue off taxing the slave industry, slave owners were forbidden from freeing their slaves i.e. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Essentially, slaveholders were being mandated to produce for their government. Slaves could only be freed if the owner chose to not let them be inherited by anyone once he died. After some vicious slave revolts in southern states, states either abolished slavery completely or mandated even death of the slave owner wouldn't set the slaves free.
>>
>>79623954
See >>79623731
Africa has all of the "human rights" they could want
>>
I remember reading old articles, where some old people who used to be slaves were interviewed.

Apparently they had it pretty good and generally didn't have to worry about anything, just do some work and that's it.
Think of it as forced employment, where the employer takes care of all of your needs.
Housing, medical, clothes etc...
The slaves didn't really have anything bad to say about their masters.
>>
>>79621640
>not charging the time you're on the phone

Sounds like someone doesn't actually have a good job.
>>
>>79620104
>The policy in South America was that it was easier to just get fresh slaves over taking care of the ones you had.

To expand on what you said, this was because the US banned African slave importations in 1793. If you owned slaves in the US, you had to care for their well-being or hope someone in the US had one for sale that was just as good as the one you lost, (or hope you could buy one smuggled in, which was a slim chance, considering the US Navy regularly patrolled for slave ships, and Mexico went after slave smugglers trying to enter the US via the southern border).
>>
>>79619061
Some of them are still slaves in their minds.
>>
>>79619061
They brought females because they wanted slavery to continue for generations so they had to treat them just well enough where they could work and make babies.
Ever wonder why there's no blacks in the Middle East? They didn't survive. In some cases they had their balls cut off and they would just die from infection
>>
>>79619061
Any thing that restricts gnosis is bad. Fuck slavery.
>>
File: 98457.jpg (15 KB, 264x276) Image search: [Google]
98457.jpg
15 KB, 264x276
>>79623117
>However, the north realized it was quickly becoming irrelevant to the United States as it had no real industry to contribute to the nation.
>>
>>79625357
i'd be a house slave if i got free room and board with internets
>>
>>79621170
you forgot to state that Black Females had "also" sexually serve their Masters and guests ,look the Mulatto population numbers in a Slave State
>>
>>79619061
I don't think your at Liberty to make an assumption unless you spoke to an actual slave.
>>
>>79619983
A human calling another person subhuman isn't a human.
>>
>>79620940
Some would say not being self employed and having someone else sign your checks is the worst.
>>
>>79622544
>civilized white people everyone.
>>
>>79625357
>had it pretty good

Until you decide you want to learn how to read,travel across the country or start a family.
>>
>>79636568
>>79636623
>>79636760
>>79637032
>>79637218
kek
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.