[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 2000's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Was it a good decade or did all the good shit that happened was out of pure nostalgia? How does it compare to the other decades? I might be a bit bias because I hated the 2000's but mostly because I had a shit childhood.Then again I think any other decade would be equally shit.
>>
>>79540787
90's was god tier before the dot com burst. After the dot com burst things got bad and 9/11 killed it. Sorry for your shitty childhood.
>>
I know every generation says this but just by not being this decade makes it alright since the entirety of human culture had not been taken over by smartphones, apps and social media to the extent that people just give their toddlers ipads instead of parenting them and kids just watch people play with toys on youtube instead of owning any themselves.
>>
>>79540787
2000-2005 was god tier. Basically the 90's with more technology and shittier airports. 2006 started to slump and 2008 was a peak in degeneracy that we are only now just barely beginning the process of recovering from.
>>
File: berensten.jpg (114 KB, 1016x642) Image search: [Google]
berensten.jpg
114 KB, 1016x642
>>79540787
>>
Having lived through 90's and 00's I can say the 00's were actually very nice. It was more or less the same as the 90's. There was still a very interpersonal touch, lots of good music, great movies, etc. I'd say the moment things started getting bad was when the first Sidekick and iPhones came out - almost overnight people just began retreating from interpersonal contact. Of course the recession hit hard as well, my family still isn't the same after that - I'd say it basically ruined my parents marriage.

I really don't think I'm one of those "LE WRONG GENERATION" types at all but I do think that the 10's are a very bad time. Degeneracy and anti-intellectualism fucking exploded in the last 7 or so years - I think it had a lot to do with the Great Recession tbqh. Really crushed the middle class
>>
>>79540787
What good shit?
>>
File: 1466214403756.jpg (8 KB, 169x169) Image search: [Google]
1466214403756.jpg
8 KB, 169x169
>>79541773
IT WAS BERENSTEIN NOT STAIN FUCKING CONSPIRACY SHIT
>>
>>79540787
It was before the Financial Crisis, but the fundament for the neoliberal bullshit we have today was already laid.
>>
File: 1014.jpg (26 KB, 307x428) Image search: [Google]
1014.jpg
26 KB, 307x428
>>79540787
>tfw you will never play vanilla wow for the first time
>>
>>79541244
this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.