[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are conservatives less intelligent, less educated, and f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18
File: overweight-15301201.jpg (130 KB, 1300x919) Image search: [Google]
overweight-15301201.jpg
130 KB, 1300x919
Why are conservatives less intelligent, less educated, and fatter than their liberal counterparts on average?

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology. They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

What this study and those before it suggest is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing. Dr. Brian Nosek explained it for the Huffington Post as follows, “ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.” For an excellent continuation of this discussion and past studies, please see this article from LiveScience.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/millennial-media/201304/do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand
>>
File: fattest-states-2011-big.jpg (150 KB, 695x544) Image search: [Google]
fattest-states-2011-big.jpg
150 KB, 695x544
>>
File: Screenshot (64).png (97 KB, 739x573) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (64).png
97 KB, 739x573
>>
File: 1467091882049.jpg (156 KB, 650x887) Image search: [Google]
1467091882049.jpg
156 KB, 650x887
>>
>>79501931
>(((Nosek)))
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201305/intelligence-and-politics-have-complex-relationship
... and centrists have a higher IQ than both but is demographically small. Hence, irrelevant in elections. Move along, let's kill this planet faster.
>>
Most conservatives live in rural areas with an emphasis on blue collar jobs. Liberals go to the city where sexual competition is much higher and there is a higher focus on education.

While the city people might be more educated and more well spoken, most of them are just good goys who don't see the political endgame of their party.
>>
>>79501931
Conservatives are poorer. Why are you liberals such elitist and classist fuck bags?
>>
>>79501966
Montana and Utah are liberal now? Hmmm
>>
>>79501931
But if conversatism and racism means low-iq on average, then how come that countries like Japan with high-IQ are """"xenophobic""""" and """"racist"""" af?
Checkmate Jew-Psychology.
>>
Because people who go to hire education are still considered "Intelligent" even though they're just spending 4 years acquiring debt. Those in debt vote liberal, because they promise to help.
>>
This completely ignores environmental upbringing.
>>
>>79501931
Kek
> Brain size indicates intelligence, but what do you mean niggers having smaller brains make them stupid
> Obesity is caused by being poor, we must help the poor but DUMP FAT REPUBLICANS
>also correlation = causation
> Also PhD Millenial media
Made me kek, heres your (you)
>>
File: why.jpg (146 KB, 1280x1598) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
146 KB, 1280x1598
>>79501931
>Why are conservatives less intelligent, less educated, and fatter than their liberal counterparts on average?

when you see someone shilling on /pol for the fucking 100th time
>>
shill thread nobody respond
don't forget to sage
>>
Liberals are young, that's why.

If some American is dumb enough to be liberal at 45, of course they will be fat.
>>
I've always figured that liberals tend to have a higher level of education than conservatives because attaining that higher level of education requires undergoing the liberal brainwashing of academia. So getting that higher level of education essentially led to their liberalism, not the mere fact that they are naturally more intelligent.
>>
File: Gordon Hodson.jpg (60 KB, 291x360) Image search: [Google]
Gordon Hodson.jpg
60 KB, 291x360
>>79501931

>Hodson and Busseri (2012) found [...]

Let's see here
>>
File: Michael Busseri.jpg (32 KB, 209x285) Image search: [Google]
Michael Busseri.jpg
32 KB, 209x285
>>79502658
>>
>>79502692
>>79502658

Nope. Just two average guys
>>
>>79501966
Gee, it's almost as if it mirrors the black population in the US, which has the highest rate of Obseity.

And the ones filling up with Mexicans seems to be above average as well, I wonder why.
>>
>>79501966
Colorado is the best state.
>>
File: 1402189478693.jpg (75 KB, 722x720) Image search: [Google]
1402189478693.jpg
75 KB, 722x720
>>79501931
>Why are conservatives less intelligent, less educated, and fatter than their liberal counterparts on average?
We've had this conversation a million times. Let's start with step 1: The correlation between intelligence and liberalism (I'm going to use the retarded American definition) is not a direct causation. If it were, then the Australian aboriginals (lowest average IQ in the world) should be hyperconservative while the Japanese (average higher IQ than either America or most European countries) should be a progressive world leader. What we see in reality is the opposite: abbos keep voting for government handouts while in Japan the conservative party has ruled the country almost without interruption. Shinzo Abe also refuses to take in refugees because he fears the demographic effects it might have on Japanese society.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/30/japan-says-it-must-look-after-its-own-before-allowing-syrian-refugees-in
Not very liberal, huh? With these factors out of the way, we must conclude that the correlation between intelligence and liberal is not direct causation: there must be some factor about Western culture that is absent in Japanese culture that leads the intelligent to progressivism and the unintelligent away from it.

I propose the following hypothesis:
1. Those who experience the multicultural dream firsthand are the ones who live in the same slums as third world immigrants. To even have contact with them, they need to have a lower than average IQ. Meanwhile the more intelligent middle and upper classes observe from a safe distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_hypothesis#Intergroup_contact_and_prejudice_towards_Muslims_in_Europe
>However Agirdag et al. (2012) report that Belgian teachers working in schools that enroll a larger share of Muslim students have more negative attitudes toward Muslim students than other teachers.[17]
Contact theory CAN work negatively, that is an established fact.

cont.
>>
>>79501931
Conservative dogma is highly flawed. Of course more intelligent people on average wouldn't follow flawed dogma.
There are intelligent Conservatives with the "screw you I got mine" ideology.

Economic growth is higher under Liberals and Democrats by 2% than it is under Conservatives & Republicans in Canada & the US respectively.
>>
>>79502923
2. The status quo and "acceptable" opinions affect the upper class much more significantly than the lower class. Let's go to Berlin for a moment, shall we? Let's say we have two individuals in their mid 20s: law graduate Günther and Heinrich the chronically unemployed plumber. Let's say they both attend some "far right" rally where one of the speakers brings up the Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study to discuss inherrent differences in intelligence between the human races. Neither of them speak or comment, but both of them merely attend.

Which one of the two will have his career ruined by this event? The upper classes simply have a higher need to conform to the established opinions. This is also why Japan's upper class is so decidedly conservative: perhaps in Japan you'll be rejected from high society for having progressive views, in the same way Western high society rejects those with "racist" views.

>Inb4 "Y-You're just a closet racist"
I'm black. Come at me bro.
>>
>>79501966

why is Colorado so fucking fit? Let me guess its almost all white people.
>>
>>79503300
>20% adult obesity
>"Fit"
>>
>>79503300
All white, and lots of outdoorsy stuff.
Also, low O2 content, so most of the fat people can't survive.
>>
>>79502015
Don't kid yourself, goy, we all know that libertarians are the smartest.
>>
The block vote of 90% of dindus outweighs any IQ advantage that you believe liberals may have.
>>
>>79501931

Meme magic. This is entirely a liberal meme, and the great lord Kek makes it true. Only through memes can a meme be unmade.
>>
>>79501931
>.com website as a source
dropped like a rock
>>
File: 3b2.jpg (20 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
3b2.jpg
20 KB, 600x638
>>79503061
>economic growth is the be all and end all

Why are leftists

>the most racist
>the most stuck up
>the most capitalist
>the least meritocratic
>the most classist
>the most critical of those without higher education
>the least critical of their own politicians
>the most in favour of the global elite and their plans

I know people who identify as Marxists who genuinely believe in disarming the people and hate the working class.
>>
File: 146276567461034.jpg (31 KB, 349x294) Image search: [Google]
146276567461034.jpg
31 KB, 349x294
>ITT: I'm smart therefore my ideas are factually correct
>>
>>79503407

for America that's really good, I've been to the Netherlands and can say I think I saw like one fat person in my time there, and I was in a BK.
>>
>>79501931
>poor abstract reasoning skills
literally all reasoning for liberal policies is ''muh racism'' ''muh equality''
>>
Are liberals even majority white anymore? Isn't most of your support coming from the worst dark people we have?
>>
File: 1467430905875.jpg (22 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
1467430905875.jpg
22 KB, 550x310
>>79501931
Men are supposed to be smashers not faggot aristocrats. Liberals are all in dream land while there getting fucked in the ass. Guess all that intelligence liberals have breeds being smug and always looking at the future, but not looking around them while there genes die out and there tribe gets raped. Conservative men could beat the shit out of a liberal faggot anyday.
>>
>>79501931

>4 posts (bump posts) by this ID

Didn't take long for you to bail on your thread. Have a (You) and enjoy your pay packet, shill.

Saged
>>
don't give him (You)'s, we can't let this weak bait leech our meme magic
>>
>>79501931
(You)
>>
>>79503608
>economic growth is the be all and end all
It's not but when you consider the main criticism against centrist ideology is against job creation and that's proven to be false there's no reason to not vote centrist.

They decrease income inequality, increase equality of opportunity, decrease poverty & crime. There's almost no reason not to be a liberal.

Marxism is for stupid people.
>>
>>79503061
Thats certainly not true in Germany. The conservative states are wealthier than the ones that tend to vote social democrats.

Also, you see similar trends in all of Europe, southerners and France that had very left wing economic policies are now facing huge economic hardships.

Scandinavian countries which are doing very well have had very unrestricted economy until they went full welfare state in the 70s. Sweden dropped from 3. richest to 14. richest country since then.

How exactly do you think left wing policies are good for economy
>>
>>79504246
>decrease poverty and crime
i guess detroit doesn't exist
>>
>>79503421
literal dogfucker
>>
>>79501931
1. White conservatives are on average dumber than white liberals. All races confused, conservative are less dumb than liberals.

2. They don't vote conservative because they are dumb, but because they are less rich and are afraid of globalization which favorites the richer.
>>
>>79504504
>White conservatives are on average dumber than white liberals

How do you measure such a claim? Any objective proof for this?
>>
>>79504309
Liberal is centrist. You're referring to leftist parties which economically are bad.
The European definition of Liberal is fucked since it means "thinks exactly like us" for example see France with all their discriminatory policies. Real Liberalism is about personal freedom not being forced to conform.
>>
>>79504333
Nice strawman. Detroit died with the American autoindustry. I'm not just talking about the 2008 recession but also shipping manufacturing abroad.

Also a city doesn't set national economic policy.

By comparision Canada has had decreasing crime rates for years & contrary to what pol believes that's as the country is becoming less white.

The most dangerous cities in Canada are more white than the safest. The safest have about 50% white population.

Immigrants aren't the problem so much as how they're treated that causes crime.

A lot of what pol believes is meme magic
>>
>>79505781
>canadian cities are american cities
ah, you tried
>immigrants aren't the problem
niggers aren't immigrants you silly fuck
>>
>>79501931
Because education is controlled by the jews.
>>
>>79501931
So your sources for conservatives being thick are a leftist university professor, a leftist "news" outlet and a leftist blog. What a surprise.
>>
>>79506053
Another nice strawman.
I'm more familiar with Canadian cities. Canada is more Liberal & our cities are safer. Even our dangerous ones are safer than your safe ones.

You should try Liberalism senpai.

Also don't blame everything on Black people. Although I have to concede that they are disproportionately represented in prisons and crime statistics here as well but not as badly as in the US. So treating blacks better does reduce crime
>>
>>79506212
I feel sorry for that guy next to it.
>>
>half of the liberal party is made up of minorities with IQs ranging from half to a full standard deviation below average in IQ
>hurr conservatives are dumb dumbs!
>>
>>79501931
sage
>>
>>79506698
>canada is more liberal and out cities are safer
again, look at the number of blacks in america and the blacks in canada :^)
>you should try liberalism
i'm not 12 anymore
>don't blame everything on black people
? crime was the main discussion
>>
File: 1467427823042.jpg (133 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1467427823042.jpg
133 KB, 400x400
>>79501931
>Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood.

This so much.
Almost every black ive met has been racist as fuck!
>>
>>79506976
I'm saying even with the same population demographics you still get lower crimes and better economic growth with Liberalism. So the crime problem in the US isn't simply a black problem.

>implying you have to be 12 to want lower crime, lower poverty, higher levels of education, more equality of opportunity, & better economic growth
>>
>>79507270
>I'm saying even with the same population demographics you still get lower crimes and better economic growth with Liberalism. So the crime problem in the US isn't simply a black problem.

Canada and America have the same demographics now?
>>
>>79502923
>>79503122

Interesting. Nice write up.
>>
>>79507270
>same population demographics
AHAHAHAH what?
>lower crime and poverty, higher education, equal opportunity and economic growth
liberalism promises these things, and delivers the complete opposite
>>
>>79507412
Being politically Liberal/centrist decreases crime regardless of demographics.

So if the US enacted more Liberal policies the crime rate in the US would go down.
When people are less poor/desperate, better educated and given better opportunities they're less likely to turn to crime regardless of demographics.
>>
File: 1466530248556.jpg (41 KB, 807x321) Image search: [Google]
1466530248556.jpg
41 KB, 807x321
>>79502015
>>
So I am stupid if I don't want this in my country?
Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJyKRwQHHM
>>
>>79502658
>>79502692
God those are some massive kike hooks
>>
>>79507759
>liberal policies make people richer
so that the same liberals can take that money for social security? nice
>better educated and given better opportunities
common core is horrendous, and if everyone has a degree, the value of said degree goes down.
call me when liberalism isn't based off childish idealism and philistinism
>>
>>79501931
Even an idiot knows that freedom is better than she bullshit
>>
>>79507759
>When people are less poor/desperate, better educated and given better opportunities they're less likely to turn to crime regardless of demographics.

then why are white poor people not as criminal as black poor people
>>
>>79507523
Google "economic growth Liberals Vs Conservatives" & "economic growth Democrats Vs Republicans" the results speak for themselves.

Better funding for social programs, education, & Healthcare are Liberal tenants and are proven to decrease crime and reduce poverty.
Unsurprisingly your opinions being based on feels rather than reals proves the point of OP
>>
>>79508100
burden of proof too heavy for ya?
>>
>>79507780
kek
>>
>>79508045
Are you deliberately missing my point? I already conceded that black people are over represented in crime.

Take 2 places with 12% black populations. One has more social programs, affordable quality education, healthcare, & class mobility the other has less. The one with more programs will have lower crime.

Hence regardless of demographics Liberal policies decrease crime.
>>
>>79508323
Using Google so you don't complain about my numerous sources too difficult for you?
>>
>>79508470
>multiple sources
>doesn't post any
the joys of being a liberal
>>
File: 1460258789587.jpg (42 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1460258789587.jpg
42 KB, 491x491
>>
File: 1433181551504.jpg (56 KB, 430x364) Image search: [Google]
1433181551504.jpg
56 KB, 430x364
OP has already left the thread morans.
>>
File: 1461364605199.gif (2 MB, 260x224) Image search: [Google]
1461364605199.gif
2 MB, 260x224
I am a conservative, but I am not remotely racist and and have an IQ of 136. I should also mention that Ben Shapiro is a Conservative Libertarian and he must have an IQ into the 150s.
>>
>>79508545
Here you go you dimwit pick any of the following results apparently copy pasting the sentences in Google is too difficult.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=economic+growth+republican+vs+democrat&oq=economic+growth+republican+vs+democrat

https://www.google.ca/search?q=economic+growth+liberal+vs+conservatives+&oq=economic+growth+liberal+vs+conservatives
>>
>>79501931
Intelligence is at least 60% heritable according to all scientific research.

Sorry redditcuck. Niggers are stupid.
>>
>fat shaming
>ableism
UGH
>>
>>79508870
http://fortune.com/2014/07/29/economic-growth-democratic-presidents/
''Blinder and Watson identified two factors—oil shocks and increases in what’s called Total Factor Productivity—as the main culprits. Nixon, Ford, and George W. Bush were unlucky to have their presidencies coincide with large increases in oil prices, while Democratic presidents, with the exception of Carter, served during a time of flat or falling energy prices, a dynamic that can provide big boosts to the domestic economy''.
and ''Democratic presidents were apparently lucky enough to preside over the economy during periods where advances in technology had a huge effect on the economy. The best example of this dynamic is the rise of the Internet during the Clinton administration, when many processes were made more efficient and the economy more productive by the development of that technology''.
but none of that matters because ''But Blinder and Watson have shown that the president has little effect on the economy. Economic performance is determined by factors that are largely outside the control of public policy, or at least the kind of policy that is directly controlled by the Commander in Chief''.
>>
>>79508911
I'm going to play the devil's advocate, but you know this doesn't debunk what he says in any way right? At best it would lead to the conclusion that being conservative or liberal is genetically predetermined. That also happens to be what the OPs article tries to claim: liberalism is the more logical option so the intelligent tend to swing that way, while conservatism is more based on emotion and therefore draws in the unintelligent.

Your drive-by racist comment did nothing to actually dispute what the OP says. I'm not disagreeing with him, I'm just saying you're offering him more fodder with which to prove conservatives are retards.
>>
>>79501931
According to liberals:

>Intelligence doesn't even exist and you're a racist and facist for claiming otherwise.
>Stating the fact that a group of people is more fat than others as a bad thing is also fatshaming, bodynegative and ableist
>Education is a social construct and if they are lowly educated, that's a sign that conservatives are discriminated against and kept down by liberals

Check your privilege, OP
>>
>>79501931
Because you are a fucking fat american
>>
>>79501931
Totally makes sense. I notice a similar phenomenon in everyday life. Less intelligent people, actually people that are less confident about their intelligence (or even their knowledge in a particular area), tend to count on the herd to make their decisions. They feel more confident in simple explanations, trusting the judgement of the people around them and 'what has worked in the past', than they do about thing through issues, trusting their own ideas or any new ideas.
>>
>>79503407
Its sad but for the modern world that's actually not bad.
>>
>>79501931
Does this mean I can start mentioning the difference of IQ in races?
>>
>>79509338
Bush's large increases in Oil prices were because he bombed an oil producer to steal their resources.

He was unlucky for 8 years toppest of Keks. Funny how Canada and the US had democrats & Liberals at different times yet both were magically lucky all the time.
>>
>>79501931
That's why Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea are so liberal and leftist
>>
File: Race and obesity in America.jpg (280 KB, 854x619) Image search: [Google]
Race and obesity in America.jpg
280 KB, 854x619
>>79501966
>>
>>79509856
did you read the last part?
>>
>>79502015
Why does the facist seem to be the only happy one?
>>
>>79510171
he doesn't fall for propaganda
>>
>>79508407
Can i see some stats for that senpai?
>>
Globalism kills the middle class and puts a higher pressure on the underclass.

The only ones, who advocate for unrestricted globalism and open borders are "professions" and "elites", who aren't affected negatively by illegal or legal immigration. They even profit, because they get cheap labor and more consumers.

It's quite weird to see leftists and bankers working together on open borders. I'd call myself a leftist, someone who wants to help workers. But the modern cosmopolitan leftists are fucking workers over. Instead of uniting the global underclass, they play them off against each other.
>>
>Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology
And I imagine that if someone else performed a similar study they'd come to a very different conclusion or be unable to replicate these findings.

>Psychology
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/scientists-replicated-100-psychology-studies-and-fewer-half-got-same-results-180956426/?no-ist

Left-wing extremist propaganda like this makes no logical sense given that prior to the 1960s essentially everybody had "racist" views. But then, Leftism is not based upon logic but on feelings.
>>
>>79510268
There is at least one city in the US, where they pay gangbangers $1000 per month for not being criminals. Since then shooting dropped by 70% or so.
>>
>>79510388
this
most '' i LOVE SCIENCE'' faggots i've seen are really liberal, Watson could come down from heaven and educate them on race but because he uses actual science and not some colorful chemical reaction, they wouldn't understand
>>
>>79502923
>>79503122

Very good.
>>
>>79509352
But the results are self defeating.

If intelligence can be measured at a low age like that it shows that intelligence is genetic.

If intelligence is genetic the idea that all races just happened to retain the same average of this one trait is a looooong shot.

If low intelligence can be deemed "bad", then the racists are in the right because, if liberals are better than "racist" conservatives by virtue of being genetically more intelligent on average, racists can use the same argument to argue their superiority as a racial group and it would be hypocritical to object.

So the argument is inherently laughable because it mirrors the very thing it's trying to rail against. "ME TRIBE SMARTER, ME TRIBE BETTER".

So tell me, like a more intelligent, more educated and thinner liberal, how you overlook the hypocrisy in your argument.
>>
>>79501931
Its also more effectively mediated by living amongst nogs due to shit jobs
>>
>>79501931
Why does this matter when it's about conservatives but why is it suddenly racism when it's about niggers?
>>
>>79509751
That's the way everybody acts when they first hear about about a topic.
>>
>>79508407
I just read a story yesterday about black people in London. They are about 12 percent of the population, and the crime rate is similar to the US, where they are also about 12 percent and are over 50 percent of criminals.
>>
>>79501931
>Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups.

Give me the "groups" and the outcome you want. Any outcome at all: Intelligence, political affiliation, excessive ear wax. It doesn't matter - give me the outcome you desire and I'll manipulate those "groups" for any meaningless end result your heart desires.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.