[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever thought about becoming a politician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 318x159
How do you go about doing it?
What would you major in to get into a field?
I love politics but I have no idea how one would start making it a career.
>>
>>79482065
You need data, a platform, a base, and outreach.

Then you run.

Then you win.
>>
>>79482065
Wait for society to collapse and become the most successful warlord.
>>
>>79482065
I thought about it then I realized I post here
>>
>>79482065
It's hard to start out unless you are shoehorned in. I live in my states capital and there's always some old as duck state rip out in the hot sun asking people to sign their petition. It feels like a waste of time in which no work is getting done while this individual is trying to retain their seat.
>>
>>79482065
Politicians are the absolute lowest forms of life, they are worse than fucking sausage salesman.
>>
>>79482065
I'd imagine you need to know the right people, have enough money, and a certain kind of reputation. ie. you run locally and work your way up from there
>>
>>79482065
>ever thought about becoming a politician?

A few times, early on.

Two major things, though: 1) I pretty much hate people. I can do reception shit for business & departments, have done retail and do very good with the public, but I fucking hate it, and I need to get out of the situation every day and have down time. I'm at the point where I interact with a small group of friends and a small group of coworkers, about 25 people total on a regular, day- and weekly basis.

That's about as comfy as I get, and I spend a lot of time at home with various hobbies. Gardening, cycling, reading (a lot), computer tech (build & upgrade computers), web tech (I maintain web content and help modify & design websites), camping &fishing & hiking in the summer, hunting in the fall. A lot of isolated time or with a couple people like my GF and one friend who's a bro & his GF.

As a politician, the 12-18 hours a day grind 7 days/week of bullshitting & lying & whoring myself out for influence and money ... just not cut out for it by personality. I do highly methodical & intense work (engineering & science research, technical writing, etc.) as a career, and the quiet, intense concentration w/out being surrounded by chattering assholes all day suits me.

Then 2) I went through a 10-year period where I did shit-tons of drugs. Daily ganga, started mornings off with bong hits & coffee, cook a couple hits off at lunch, then more down-time at home while doing other things (home brewing beer, writing, cycling, etc.). Then there was weekly LSD and mushroom trips, often mixed together, & DMT & mescaline & experiments with other psychedelics. Ten years. And, I still take the occasional mountain hike or canoe trip with a bag of dope & a bag of shrooms.

Too many people in my past know about that shit. I could never run for office without that becoming Fox headline news every time my name is mentioned.

I do a good bit of activism, quietly in the background, though.
>>
>>79482065
I would if it were easy.

Politicians need some sort of school to go to before you can qualify like me school to become a doctor or law school
>>
I'm not Jewish, so no
It would be impossible
>>
>>79482065
Start by running for a city-level position, or a county-level position if you live in a low-pop rural county. When you're competing for less than 2,000 voters, it's quite feasible to introduce yourself to just about everyone by going door-to-door. Source: was visited by my current sheriff when he was running for office.
>>
I thought about being a Senator and then realized I have no idea how to do the job and would be watched 24/7.
>>
I was elected mayor of a midwestern town of 700 people. It's pretty much as simple s >>79496365 says. I became very active in the local church first doing a lot of things for the elderly (the median age in the county is 62). Including organizing vans to drive people to their doctor appointments (45 minutes away) and prescription pick ups, snow removal, etc.

By the time I announced I was already seen as a good member of the community. One guy ran against me but it wasn't even close.

I picked this township strategically. My family settled here after immigrating from Scandinavia but it's the perfect county to move into state government. 4,000 person county with very traditional values.

I recommend anyone with similar aspirations look to the dying regions of the midwest. There's a lot to work with.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.