[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5 Scientific, Peer-Reviewed Studies That Prove Republicans Are Stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: 3267924479612659411.jpg (42 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
3267924479612659411.jpg
42 KB, 630x420
I tire of you feeble minded xenophobes.

http://reverbpress.com/politics/proof-republicans-are-stupid/

>“Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes” is a study performed by researchers at Brock University, and it caused quite the commotion when its results were released. The researchers found that having lower general intelligence in childhood could predict conservative and racist ideas as an adult. That’s right: having a low IQ score makes you more likely to vote conservative… and be a racist.

>Researchers over at the University of Arkansas released their study [link opens PDF] “Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism,” and things started to make sense. They performed four different studies, all of which reduced subjects’ ability to use “effortful, deliberate thought,” and they found that situations causing low-effort thought resulted in more conservative beliefs.

>A researcher out of Kent State University undertook a study he would eventually title “Abstract Reasoning as a Predictor of Attitudes Toward Gay Men.” What he found was no big surprise. Those who have lower abstract reasoning skills experience higher levels of anti-gay prejudice.

>When they looked at other predictors of anti-gay prejudice, they found that right-wing authoritarian ideas were most strongly related to this prejudice. So lacking abstract reasoning and being a right-wing nut job increases your prejudice against gays. Like we couldn’t have figured that out on our own.

>the study “Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults” was released. The researchers in this study performed MRI scans on participants. Just so you know, there’s no way to insert liberal bias into an MRI scan.

>What they found was that “conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals.” Conversely, the anterior cingulate cortex of liberal students had more gray matter than their conservative counterparts.
>>
File: you.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>79453676

And we tire of you feeble minded oikophobic xenophiliacs believing your narcissistic propaganda; you're all living parodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODZ-RUufHgI
>>
>>79453676
>Republicans are stupid

Wow, really?

They're fucking morons, you don't need a study to confirm that.
>>
>>79453676
Everytime they pull this out they find that republicans and conservatives tend to be either kind of dumb, or the smartest. Because simple ideas are right. Liberals tend towards the dunning kreugar area
>>
>>79453676
If there is any truth to this, then why is the nation becoming less and less conservative as it becomes less and less white? Keep in mind that Blacks and Mestizos have an average I.Q. about 15 points lower than that of the average white American. Clearly, NON-conservatism is more highly correlated with low I.Q. Usually what one finds with such studies as the one you reference is that they fail to include proper representative populations of the inner cities, thus excluding many people who both hold extreme Leftist/progressive opinions and are fairly unintelligent when compared to the population as a whole.
>>
>>79457654
t. A retarded leftist who thinks he's smart for liking niggers who will gangrape his daughters and shoot his family.

Hang yourself, not-my-man.
>>
>>79453676

>you're dumb!

Quit your ableism and elitistism, you bigot
>>
Who are today's conservatives? Poorly educated white guys who think mental midgets like GW, Palin and Trump, three people with a combined IQ of 6, would make swell leaders. We don't need studies to plumb the depths of right wing stupidity. They do it for us.
>>
>>79457868
>Because simple ideas are right

lol. poor little simpleton conservacucks.

only dumb and autistic people think in black and white terms.
>>
>>79453676
>People I disagree with are [bad thing]

WTF now I hate opinions!
>>
>What they found was that “conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals.” Conversely, the anterior cingulate cortex of liberal students had more gray matter than their conservative counterparts.

The amygdalae (singular: amygdala; /əˈmJɡdələ/; also corpus amygdaloideum; Latin, from Greek ἀμυγδαλή, amygdalē, 'almond', 'tonsil'[1]) are two almond-shaped groups of nuclei located deep and medially within the temporal lobes of the brain in complex vertebrates, including humans.[2] Shown in research to perform a primary role in the processing of memory, decision-making, and emotional reactions, the amygdalae are considered part of the limbic system.

Sounds like they are smarter
>>
(((Scientific Studies)))
>>
Studies confirm that dissent is dumb and racist.

Remember to only think authorized thoughts, citizen.
>>
>>79453676
Scientistic misuse of statistics, the million-dollar government study, part six million.
>>
>>79453676
None of those applies to me and I still want Hillary to lose. Explain that, science man.
>>
>>79459005
this
>>
>>79459052
>>79459005
>>79458942
>>79458921
>>79458897
>>79458545
>>79458440
>>79458357
>>79457868
>>79456692
>>79459137
Are you really trying to argue against facts?
Really?
>>
>>79458357

Most of those people ARE conservative (blacks hate gays, Mexicans are pro-life, etc). Unfortunately, their true God is "gibsmedat" so they will vote to remain on the Democrat plantation every time.
>>
>>79453676
>see look at these studies that say republicans are stupid
>NO THAT STUDY SAYING BLACKS ARE DUMB IS RACIST AND DOESNT COUNT
>>
>>79458440
>>79458897
>>79459005

Not an argument
>>
>>79459170
>people will fall for this bait
>>
I've never seen a GOP-republican on /pol/
>>
>>79459170

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

YOU ARE FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>79453676
These are just "gotcha" definitions of conservatives that get bible thumpers and leave out dumb people on the left. In reality, republicans have a higher average IQ than democrats. This persists when controlling for race.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614001081
https://www.gwern.net/docs/iq/2014-carl.pdf
>>
>>79459170
Yes, lets look at great, Leftist, Utopia's!

Can't argue about THOSE facts, huh?

http://eaglerising.com/1912/democrats-run-americas-ten-poorest-cities/
>>
>>79459170
>statistics
>loose correlation
>facts
>>
>>79459170
Lol. You believe these "scientists"? The same ones saying there is no such thing as race, AGW is real and bad, and tells us that trannies aren't mentally ill?
>>
>>79453676
all this projecting
>>
>>79458616
did you just insult george washington you fucking leave? kill yourself.
>>
>>79459170

>psychology
>facts

kek

Also the same liberals that say IQ is meaningless when blacks have lower IQ than whites, are gloating about supposedly having higher IQ than conservatives.
>>
>>79459213
>Most Blacks and Mexicans living in the inner cities are conservatives.

Got it.
>>
>>79458824
>Australia
>>79459170
>facts

Listen I have a triple major. Computer science, Neuroscience and Sociology. Sociology was a bet. Yes I went from a double major to a triple on a bet.

Conservatives have a two hump distribution for intelligence, the second peak being higher than the peak of the one hump distribution of liberals. Literally D.K.
>>
>>79453676
They're more liberty-minded than you collectivist pinko scum, which make them objectively better than you.
>>
daily reminder that liberalism is a cancer and a mental illness. these people will eventually try to exterminate us
>>
>>79459170
The nation's IQ is necessarily dropping due to the ethnic replacement of the white majority with Mexicans and other Mestizos. At the same time, the nation is becoming more and more Liberal/progressive.
>>
>>79453676
so the iq gap and gender gap on science doesnt exist? last i checked it does

https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/j/jencks-gap.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/etc/gap.html

results adding in a group witch isnt a significant portion of europe or america (asians) is funny and was known to be part of the top
the pattern in most states shows them at the top in language for instance
>>
>>79453676
Usually conservatives are accused of being stupid because they take for granted what works and don't bother analyzing it often being unable to argument ideas they follow..
But somehow in every discussion with a liberal I have to prove to them everything like it's taken for granted that they are right.
So what is most comfortable position in political spectrum right now? The one that requires no effort or thinking because it accepted widely and is constantly justified by government and media themselves.
This sounds awful lot like they would be the new conservative movement but they are unable to replace it because their ideas are not able to prove themselves better or valuable.
>>
Facts that can only exist in a safe space habitat are not facts in reality, where facts are important.

They should do a study between hardship and values that develop based on demographic, and what hardship is classified as in those demographics, and how these things impact political opinions with consideration for personal benefits and how that may create a preferential bias, and whether nor not this bias is generative regenerative or degenerative of the societal structure, the culture dome.

Otherwise this is just a bunch of people with sour grapes and a debt bought diploma coming up with excuses why they're not as great as mummy and deddy said they was are to be.
>>
>>79453676
scientific peer reviewed studies about conservatives mean about as much to me as a christian study about liberals would mean to you
>>
>(((peer reviewed)))
>>
>>79453676
>90% of blacks vote Democrat
>average black IQ is 85

>70+% of Latinos vote Democrat
>Average Latino IQ is 90

>Democrats have higher IQs than Rethuglicans lol

So I'm going to tell you what's happening here, and why you're retarded. What these studies are are racially controlled tests of homogenous white groups that focus down in stereotypical bible-thumper opinions. Literally in your own OP you list racism, anti-gay ideas, all of this bullshit.
You seem to forget that most Democrats aren't for gay shit either. Latinos are not pro-gay, and they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's why California couldn't pass fag marriage, the SCOTUS had to do it.

Black community? Also largely anti-gay, but they vote 90% Democrat. They're in it for the gibs, not your SocJus bullshit.

You've found a convenient way to lump your own hordes of welfare rats who happen not to have swilled the pro-fag kool-aid in with us. Again, racism? Blacks and Latinos are racist as hell, but they're not Republicans.

Conservatism is more than just opposing dumb social policies. If you went and got a racially representative sample of Democrats and of Republicans and ran the tests that way, you'd get a different story and you'd get it in two hours, but you don't do that, because that'd be WACIST, and it wouldn't fit your narrative.
>>
>>79453676
>Republicans are stupid
>Republicans will always exist
>Therefore all republican complaints are justified
Checkmate OP
>>
>>79459571
because of the oppression that people of color face, they're not able to get the same level of education.

white males literally have more privilege than anybody, they have no excuse
>>
>>79453676
I think it's funny how liberals try to discredit conservatives without even addressing their arguments just calling them racist, seixst, bigot, and stupid
>>
>>79460172
Black and Hispanic average IQ are much higher than that. The real "gaps," between the "races," are tiny and can be easily explained by socioeconomic factors.

That being said, you're correct about the nature of these studies. They're specifically targeting college aged white upper-middle class students with a relatively similar background. Still, you have to admit that it is interesting to notice that whites who have conservative views tend to have a marginally lower IQ.

My own conclusion from this isn't even that dumb = conservative. I think that conservative parenting styles are simply detrimental to IQ. Corporal punishment has been shown to reduce IQ in children, for example, and I strongly suspect strictly teaching religious dogma also hinders abstract thinking skills at an early age.
>>
>>79453676
>IQ is measure of innate intelligence
>grey matter is measure of inate intelligence
Jesus facepalm, he forgives, but still.
>>
File: 1444424127626.gif (388 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1444424127626.gif
388 KB, 384x288
>>79453676
I'm going to register as a Democrat right now so I can get some free IQ points
>>
>>79460452
It's not so much dismissing arguments, which are addressed by other liberals in fields like politics and economics, but rather attempting to understand the origins of negative behavioral traits.

If we can, and I believe social psychology has, establish that society benefits from minimization of racism, sexism, and ignorance generally, then we ought to infer from that a study of their expression is important.

I think the next great leap in education is going to emerge from properly diagnosing the early warning signs of aberrant behavior in children so that remedial social training can be delivered at the time when it is most effective.
>>
>>79459170
What is a fact? No, really. I want you to think long and hard on your explanation of what a fact is and try and translate that self-important autofellatio argument swirling around in your head into a written comment on this thread.

Spoiler alert. You can't.
>>
>>79453676

I think the divide between Democrat/Republican with IQ is the same as women/men. Sure, more women have a higher IQ than men, but only men have the very highest IQs, there's just not many on their level. I think that having a low IQ does lead you to follow right wing politics, a medium level IQ makes you think you're too smart for that and a high IQ brings you right around to realising we need to work along our basic instincts, not against them.
>>
File: 1455629425728.png (105 KB, 928x872) Image search: [Google]
1455629425728.png
105 KB, 928x872
This again?
>>
File: nicolbolaswhatisupdog.png (314 KB, 210x1023) Image search: [Google]
nicolbolaswhatisupdog.png
314 KB, 210x1023
>>79460710
One thing at a time:
For racial IQ differences being smaller than that: No insofar as I know they aren't. The numbers I have seen were 85 and 89 (my mistake for Latinos) and 106 for Asians. These are not explainable by socioeconomic factors--in fact, the opposite is true. The Trans-Racial adoption study has shown that at the very least economics and quality of life do not explain the gap between blacks and whites.

It is possible that there is some culture-wide negative force that causes black kids who grow up with rich white families in rich white neighborhoods to simply be dumber than their playmates, but I think a far easier explanation is that they are simply at a genetic disadvantage.
Is that so difficult to accept as possible? It could be for a host of reasons but it is TRUE either way.

The second point is that the studies prove nothing of the sort, they prove that when you redefine "Conservative " to include 60% of the Liberal voting base in the country, suddenly you come up with a lower IQ. Well no shit, that 60% is blacks and latinos.

Now it's possible that conservative parenting styles make people dumber--that's certainly possible, but again, you are conflating corporal punishment with conservatism, and religion with conservatism. Neither of those are true, there are plenty of Conservative atheists, and the most militant of the no-spanking types are all NAP-screeching Libertarians, who are universally conservatives.

The point is that these tests are literally bullshit concocted up with convoluted criterion to produce a politically motivated result. It's the worst sort of clickbait politifact nonsense. What matters is how intelligent YOU are and what ideas YOU can defend or cannot defend. I don't care if it turns out my party IS full of retarded rednecks, I know that what I believe is true and can prove it. Any other form of argument is fallacious rhetoric.
>>
>>79460710
>Black and Hispanic average IQ are much higher than that.

No they're not, niggers are 85, spics are 89.
>>
>>79453676
>no data in article

>click source
>no link

>search for source
>locked behind paywall

wow, look at all that proof
>>
>>79458357
This is an actual point to be made. Study the cities with the best schools. More democrats will attend the schools, as being left-leaning is a trait of the youth, but you're going to see a massive increase in the IQ rate of conservatives. Similarly, study the mid-west or south and notice a drop in IQ in democrats.

Location matters.
t. A left-leaning youth that's voting republican this year. Brexit was a good thing. 9/11 was a conspiracy. Abos aren't real people.
>>
File: 1462740540111.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1462740540111.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
i love seeing liberals claim their superiority, its like watching a toddler insist they are right. liberals and dems are emotionally immature babies and have been given waaaaaay too much power because we've been pussified as a nation.

theres a reason dems are called the mother party. they are pure emotion and nothing else. its time for the group with a bit of real world sense to run the country
>>
>>79461581
>The numbers I have seen
How recent? I've dug through sources for ages on this and everything that presents major "gaps," between the "races," is from at least forty years ago. More modern studies seem to suggest these "gaps," are much smaller, and this dovetails with the research into epigenetic expression which is that bit on how non-violent parenting and non-dogmatic socialization are showing measurable IQ gains in children.

>Is that so difficult to accept as possible?
It's certainly possible that there are genetic predispositions in "african" populations which have a less favorable IQ distribution, but as I said the modern IQ researchers tend to find small "gaps", not large ones.

>Libertarians, who are universally conservatives.
I strongly disagree with this. I believe most libertarians are very much socially liberal and distinct from "conservatives," properly understood as those adherents of historical christian social norms. Atheist conservatives being an exception rather than part of a rule.

>The point is that these tests are literally bullshit concocted up with convoluted criterion to produce a politically motivated result.

To a certain extend I agree, as I said initially the tests clearly target a sort of politically heterogeneous but socioeconomically similar cluster looking for a pattern in just a white middle class group.

But, as I said, I think it is important to minimize negative traits that are harmful to society so to the extent that their research has value outside click-bait, the reasoning is sound. I would hope that these researchers are ultimately searching for more than feel-good replies from fellow liberals. The goal of research like this should be to target unhealthy states of mind, like racism, and help provide policy proscriptions to alleviate them.
>>
File: liberals.jpg (56 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
liberals.jpg
56 KB, 500x663
>>79453676

Are these the same peer-reviewed journals that said race doesn't exist?
>>
>>79460710
>Black and Hispanic average IQ are much higher than that.

Fantastic claim, i love the proof you used. Here's mine, if you provide one study that puts whites below blacks in IQ you can have a gold star.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx
http://www.rense.com/general79/dut.htm

https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf (pg. 257 shows impact of just having black parents in your life, even if youre addopted)
>>
>>79453676

""""(((Scientific ((((Peer-reviewed ((((Studies))))))))""""
>>
>>79462951
I have a hard time taking racially motivated testing results seriously. It's dangerous to have that much potential for bias going into research.
>>
Soviet Science.
>>
File: 1374357063053.png (90 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1374357063053.png
90 KB, 1000x750
Out of curiosity, what are the political philosophies of the researchers involved with this study?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.