[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WOAH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17
File: 1461260638223.png (391 KB, 682x513) Image search: [Google]
1461260638223.png
391 KB, 682x513
Really makes you think huh?
>>
I dont believe pizza chains workers are capable of thinking
>>
>>79426561
What happens if their weed dealer disappears?
>>
>>79426638

there are no dealers in seattle because weed is sold legally on nearly every street corner
>>
>>79426561

It sucks for the people in college trying to pay some bills; although I don't get why you don't get a job in something like a Publix or whatever the fuck they have out there
>>
>>79426437
Link to the Article because the Brazilian is retarded
>http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/04/30/pizza-shop-worker-loves-seattles-new-15-minimum-wage-finds-cost-job/
>>
>>79426638
>>79426802
DUDE
>>
>>79426437
See, now the local businesses run out of moniez and go bankrupt and close down. what replaces them? mcdonalds, or pizza hut. The big chains can afford this increase. local stores cant
>>
>>79426638
almost every delivery driver is a dealer.

t. worked in 3 pizza shops
>>
I love seeing shit like this.
>>
>>79426970
Literally nothing wrong with McDonalds and Pizza Hut. I'd rather pay $7 for a pizza from Pizza Hut than $25 for some Artisan Gluten Free Cage Free Organicâ„¢ pizza from the local hipster joint.
>>
Foremost economist Robert Reich has proven that a $15 minimum wage is what's best for the economy. Only an idiot would deny this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOqtl53V3JI
>>
>>79426561
how the fuck would you know argentena nigger? stop talking like you belong in america
>>
>>79426437
but the liberals said that high minimum wage would make everyone rich!...
>>
>>79427147

Little Ceasar's 5 dollar hot and ready, man. Best bargain in America. I lived off that shit when I was there.
>>
>>79427147
This. I live in a student city and every non-chain place is overpriced and awful. Coffee, food, whatever. Costs three times as much and is on-par if not worse. And for some reason every other shop sells vinyl records and these ancient little badge things for your jacket that cost £1.50 each and everyone is a fucking cunt.

Fuck off. Glad I don't leave the house more than once every few weeks else I'd have to kill myself.
>>
>>79427151
REALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExGmeLvtYs
>>
>>79427147
Thats not the point. Do you really want to see a Mcdonalds and applebees everwhere you go, or would you like to see a local burger joint and unique diner? Small business is best for America
>>
>>79426437
Guess he should have unionized.
>>
>>79427330
Your equating all local resturants to trendy hipster places.
>>
>>79427621
Most of the ones I've been to are trendy hipster places and a lot of the ones I've gone to on and off over the years are becoming trendier in order to keep the young'uns coming.

I went to a small sandwich place recently and their new gimmick was that they have vintage comic books on every table and they all looked really sticky and awful and these dickhead students with big goony beards were swarming the place and all the girls were inexplicably unattractive even by my tragically low standards.
>>
>>79427621
They are though. Show me a local restaurant with reasonably priced food.
>>
>>79427484
Yes
>>
>>79427388
>Peter Schiff

Not an economist.
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 437x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 437x294
>fuck the poor and middle class
>if we just get getting fucked in the ass by the 1% everything will work out.
>>
>>79427151
a lot of those points make no sense at all. None of them address the fact that employment in the US is already low, and raising the minimum wage will put more people out of work and make it even harder than ever to get work.

The point about people getting paid more means they have more to spend makes no sense. It's a zero sum game. Paying everyone more means prices and the cost of living also go up. Companies that employ minimum wage workers may see an increase in customers due to the higher wages, but not enough to make up for the higher wages they have to pay staff. There also might not be more spending, because while minimum wage workers *may* have more money to spend (remember the cost of living also rises), a lot more workers are now out have work and have less money if any to spend. The little money they do have will come from government welfare, which is paid for with taxes from those companies and from workers, and for people who are not adding any value to the economy. It doesn't work out. If it did then by the same logic you could raise the minimum wage to $100 an hour and everyone is better off. It's obvious that wouldn't work. Any big increase in minimum wage is not wise when unemployment is high.

Also saying that the money for the new wages will come out of profit and not result in higher prices makes absolutely 0 sense. I hope I don't need to explain this one.
>>
>>79427484

If small businesses can't have affordable prices, it doesn't matter what I want to see. It matters where I can afford to eat as a student.

>Live in Salamanca
>Downstairs from my apartment is a small cafe
>Order a plate of restaurant-tier smoked salmon on toast, delicious salad, side of top tier fries, and a beer
>7 euros

>Live in Long Beach
>Downstairs from my apartment is a small cafe
>Order a standard-tier hamburger and fries, can't even get a beer so I get a soda
>11 dollars

Yea, don't even get me started on the difference of the quality of the food. I'd probably be paying 15 dollars for the first plate if I went to a restaurant in California. Horrifying.
>>
>>79428111
and? He predicted with mortgage debt crisis with astounding accuracy. That gives him a lot more credibility than the average economist that claimed nothing like that could ever happen even as it was unfolding. Schiff is based af.
>>
>>79426802
Bullshit! I know there are still dealers, and they get a shit ton of dosh for tax evasion
>>
>>79427586
Unions would just result in the chain going bankrupt or the stores. Now unions are big and fat as the corperations they claim to fight.
>>
>Live in one of the most expensive cities in the country
>Can't afford it

Fucking retards.
>>
>>79427151
why does it have to be $15? Why not $25 or $30? $15/hr is a meme number.
>>
>>79426437
Wow he's walking the green mile now. Like your flag
>>
>>79428111
Not an argument
>>
>>79428653
I don't tip. I will pay you $5/hour to make 50 $30 pizzas. MUH GREEN PEPPERS. MUH BEAUTIFUL GREEN PEPPERS AND BANK LOANS AND ENERGY COSTS HAVE BANKRUPTED ME! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AND THE INVISIBLE HAND. I AM NOT WORTHLESS LEMONADE STAND. I AM MIGHTY CRY BABBY AND IT'S YOUR FAULT. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WORKER PRODUCTIVITY ONLY THE MERCHANT OWNER CLASS. MUH CUCUMBERRRS
>>
>>79427147
That's not what local pizzerias are, at least on Long Island, NY. Even in Montauk, where everything is ridiculously expensive, pizza shops are the same as anywhere else and cost the same. I wouldn't want shitty chain store pizza to replace the real thing.
>>
>>79427147
There is everything wrong with multinational jewish business like McDonalds.

They are the ones who push those policies because it kill small business just like he said.

Shit is happening for decades in my country.
>>
>>79427484
do you live in America? the 80s and 90s and early 00s have came and past and American small business was already murdered through collective efforts by McDonalds, Jap Auto dealers, and the Waltons.
Yes the minimum wage needs to be raised to cover the continuous rise in living costs.
Yes small businesses will take that hit more than the large corps. and will have to shut down.

There really is no winning this game.
>>
>>79428706
Not an argument is not an argument.
>>
>>79426970
It's not a local pizza shop though. It's a chain.
>>
>>79427147

do you live in a gated community with mommy and daddy?

there are tons of independently run regular ol pizza shops. most large cheese pizzas from any independent store (none of which are "hurr durr organic hipster places") usually run by immigrant types are like $8-$12, and they are a fuckload better than chains like domino's or pizza hut.
>>
>>79427151
what cunt decides that having a ticking sound over throughout their video isn't annoying to the viewer? In fact there is no need to have a timer on this video at all/.
>>
>>79428895
Yes it is. Work harder next time lazy thaiboi fucking degenerate executive coke sniffer
>>
>>79428602
Pretty much
>>
>>79428399
>and? He predicted with mortgage debt crisis with astounding accuracy.
Forget it...people are fucking stupid. Just look at government official..most of them worship Keynesian economics.
>>
>>79428921
lol. Go on now. Tell me why that makes a difference. I can wait.
>>
>>79428960
If it had kept up with its level from the 1960s and the inflation since, it should be $23
>>
>>79428243
Everything you are saying lacks empirical backing. Please reexamine your life.
>>
>>79428983
It's true. But sometimes you can redpill people on economics. It's also fun watching keynesians fall over their own logic.
>>
this actually made me think.
>>
I dont really get the hate against minimum wage on pol. at the moment all those workers are at the expense f the tax payers underpaid as fuck and all those joints kept alive because of this. now force the jews to pay the workers a liveable wage and free market will fix it. literally.
>>
File: polincarnate.jpg (80 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
polincarnate.jpg
80 KB, 960x960
>>79428243

>here's my incredibly uninformed opinion on how economics works with zero sources

thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 305x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 305x300
>>79429156
No it didn't you are incapable of that
>>
>>79429040
That's because it's basic logic.

You can't look at a proof for pythagoras' theorem and then say "I won't believe this is true unless someone shows me an empirical study showing it's true". The basic logic is right in front of you, it doesn't get clearer than that. If you think it's wrong you can point out why you think so, point out a flaw. If you can't understand the basic logic being used then there is no help for you.
>>
>>79429192
lol see here >>79429326
>>
>>79429326
Earth is a flat plane
>>
File: notanargu621).jpg (97 KB, 841x536) Image search: [Google]
notanargu621).jpg
97 KB, 841x536
>>79428895
The burden of proof is on you.
Schiff destroyed the pro-$15 wage argument.
Saying "not an economist" , is not an argument.
It's all there in the video...

And while we're at it....Here's the icing on the cake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJzBGNQbHwc

Saying someone is not an economist doesn't mean shit when the government thinks keynesian economics works...

REALITY
http://www.usdebtclock.org
>>
>>79428178
So it started to get stagnant after Johnson gave gibmedats.
>>
>>79429191
that's not really what everyone wants especially if jews have a stranglehold on the corporations and the gentiles can't keep the "ma and pa" shop open to preserve the white race
>>
File: op_did_you_just _fart.jpg (33 KB, 300x369) Image search: [Google]
op_did_you_just _fart.jpg
33 KB, 300x369
>>79429282

damn. that really makes me wish I could think
>>
>>79428956
>States that is is an argument
Not an argument.
>>
>>79429406
That's better. Now you can think
>>
>>79429420
Is is an argument
>>
>>79429326
Economics is not a science. Stop pretending that it is.
>>
>>79429018
The poverty situation in the US would be so much worse if the minimum was $23 now. Right now, people working fulltime at minimum qualify for a ton of benefits. At $23, they wouldn't.
>>
>>79429376

it looks like about 1972. when did nixon go off the gold standard?

at any rate it would be cool if someone could explain what happened there.
>>
>>79429371
You retard I'm not even the guy who posted that video.

I'm just tired of /pol/ spouting "not an argument" at everything they don't agree with when they get talked into a corner instead of posting an actual rebuttal.
>>
>>79429191
>price controls
>free market
You seem to have trouble understanding certain concepts. Also, I thought Switzerland doesn't have a minimum wage, was I mistaken?
>>
>>79429550
Ok miss cleo. Your median individual income is 29K per annum
>>
>>79429555
>I'm just tired of /pol/ spouting "not an argument"
Not an argument..
>>
>>79429465

you are toying with americans.

just wait. mexicans are coming for you.
>>
>>79429564
well then. explain it to me.

workers and employers come together every year and negotiate a contract that is valid for the whole country, as I understand it.
>>
>>79429698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho
>>
>>79429662
Not an argument.
>>
>>79429603
That's just over the Poverty Threshold for a family of 4.
>>
>>79429839
Quick. Make lazy responses seem normal and questioning that, retarded. Because richie rich and his shrimpdick
>>
food delivery is slightly degenerate 2bh. get off you ass and pick it up. it'll be warmer that way.
>>
>>79429850
>half of all individual people make under 29K. The other half over
>good system
>individuals
>muh families
You are just too far gone. What is the individual's poverty rate? Not much lower than 29K
>>
>>79429905
What?

This certainly is not an argument.
>>
Why do people ALWAYS get all antsy every time there's a campaign to raise the minimum wage?

Raising the minimum wage periodically to keep up with inflation is literally what the government has done since the minimum wage first existed. It's going to happen, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>79430029
Yes it is. I have a right wing zionism panic detector
>>
>>79429512
Yes it is. It is a weak science, but is most certainly a science.

What I'm using though is basic logic. You can't magically make everyone rich by raising the minimum wage. There should at least be a sense to most people that there is a reason this wouldn't work. I have no problem raising the minimum wage at times. It's raised usually when a lot of companies start paying above the minimum wage anyways. Raising it then is okay because it doesn't cost many jobs and it stops cases where people are being exploited for various reasons. The social good outweighs the economic cost. Raising it when unemployment is high only makes unemployment even worse. If you can explain why I'm wrong then I'm happy to hear it, otherwise you really should stop replying to stuff you can't understand.

>inb4 explaining things with logic is racist
>>
>>79430015
http://www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq1.htm

>One person (unrelated individual) $12,071

$23/hr is about 48k a year at full-time.
>>
>>79430119
Pseudo liberal art social science like psychiatry
>>
>>79429807

that hurts my feelings.

bye.

account deleted.
>>
>>79426970
You have absolutely NO idea how businesses work do you?

PROTIP: You don't.
>>
>>79430219
I completely agree.
>>
>liberals eternally BTFO
>>
>>79430185
>unrelated
Try again. Also. Good. Average home price 1985 with interest. Three times the average individual pay. Now? 10 or more
>>
>>79427269
shut up wannabe mexico.
>>
>>79426844
>Join the army
>Get free college and savings to use for your college period
Problem solved.
>>
>>79430219
>psychiatry
>requires a MD to practice
>Pseudo liberal art social science

well ok then.
>>
>>79429364
Thats an empirical phenomenon
>>
>>79426437
Do fish live in the desert? Do capitalists have oversight and long term thinking?
>>
>>79430392
What are the physiological biopsies or diagnostic images used to detect schizophrænia? Oops there aren't any
>>79430395
Yes. We can see it. Science is a religion. One that lies for profit
>>
>>79430457
Good post. Based Greek
>>
>>79430316
Four people $24,230

Four people with two related children $24,008

What info are you looking for? I was just saying 29k is over the poverty threshold, which it is.
>>
>>79427231

If hes a nigger he'd fit in quite well anon
>>
>>79430521
Stop fucking looking up familial numbers. Bye. Wallow. Arrogant. Duped. Hyper individualistic and occultic
>>
>>79429018
People would be making more than "minimum" if the govt broke up big unions, big monopolies and ended horrible "free" trade deals. The minimum would be $7 or whatever but people would be paid more out of competition.

Its a meme that without minimum wage everyone would be making a penny an hour, the minimum wage is a crutch for all the other ways the govt fucks shit up.
>>
>>79430664
Old economy Steve
>>
File: 1442165935365.jpg (26 KB, 274x321) Image search: [Google]
1442165935365.jpg
26 KB, 274x321
>April 30, 2015
>>
>>79430734
This
>>
>>79430486
>What are the physiological biopsies or diagnostic images used to detect schizophrænia?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#Psychological

good job shitposting, leaf.
>>
>>79426970
like you can't run a franchise into thr ground. Not all chain restaurants are corporate dude.
>>
File: that.jpg (12 KB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
that.jpg
12 KB, 268x200
>>79427329
>>
>>79430605
>occultic

ok
>>
>>79430219
I should point out that economics is basically sociology + math. Understanding why raising minimum wage right now would not make people better off only requires the math part. And even then only basic arithmetic.
>>
>>79430486
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean, really? This is about the biggest example that you're absolutely incapable of understanding people have different backgrounds and experiences than you. As in, you're incredibly unqualified to talk about shit that deals with a collective.
>>
>>79430724
Pretty much boomers were spoiled since they haden't yet reaped what they sowed, unions became so big that now when you work a job, even if you have right to work, its either no union, or 1 choice of a union. Switching unions is unlikely even if there is an alternative one. So what motivation do they have to represent the workers well? What will you do? Change unions? Good luck.

Then we still have monopolies outside of unions, google, time warner, comcast, are all protected and any upstart business trying to provide cable is basically dead in the womb it wont happen. So you think they'll pay their workers well? Or charge consumers well?

Then of course the trade issues and immigration issues that Trump has raised.
>>
>>79428602
one thousand dollars an hour
>>
>>79427147
>he thinks Pizza Hut is good

Just douse your own shit in spaghetti sauce and cheese if your so concerned about price.
>>
It is incredible that people are so stupid they didn't see this coming. Idiots are so funny.
You never can be sure: maybe he'll get a job calculating rocket trajectories.
>>
>>79427147
you have no taste
>>
>>79426437
This is also a major city. A national minimum $15 would be fucking stupid, if this is what happens in Seattle could you imagine rural Wyoming having a $15 minimum wage?
>>
>>79429018
Fuck off m8, the peak real value of the min wage was about 9 to 11 bucks.
If pegged to the real value it was when it was first introduced it'd be 4-5 dollars.
>>
>>79426970
Wal-Mart would love a $15 minimum wage. It would hurt them a little but would destroy their competition in the long run
>>
>>79430973
>understanding why raising minimum wage right now would not make people better off only requires the math part.

Which... you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Please show us the math. Just go ahead. Write that shit out. Show your work.

100% you're going to reply with a cop out answer of "It's common sense". If you truly believe that it is factually and mathematically true then you need to prove it.

If you can't, you're full of shit and just need to shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>79428532
>dosh
kys
>>
File: trump_prophet.jpg (504 KB, 1557x984) Image search: [Google]
trump_prophet.jpg
504 KB, 1557x984
>>79426437
Bernie fags don't know shit about economics.

No surprises here....
>>
>>79427151
Faggot.

Yet another Bernie Fag being hit with reality.

Come to your true lord and savior....
>>79431482
>>
>>79431482
>trump fag only reads title
>talks shit without argument
>just like a bernie fag
Like pottery.
>>
>>79431423
I explained it here >>79428243. If you understand basic arithmetic then you'll know I'm right. Otherwise feel free to point out a flaw in the logic.

If you can't find a flaw feel free just to get really pissed and say more stuff like
>Are you kidding mee??
Without explaining what you think i'm wrong besides vaguely claiming that I am. That stuff is funny.
>>
>>79431659
Where the fuck is the math in that?

You keep saying "if you understand basic math!" but... can't actually provide any of that simple ass math.

The flaw in your logic is you haven't shown any math you stupid fuck. Christ you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>79431659
>The point about people getting paid more means they have more to spend makes no sense. It's a zero sum game. Paying everyone more means prices and the cost of living also go up

This isn't basic math. In fact, you will need to show some pretty complex math to prove this is true, which you haven't.

It's a logical fallacy you have here you realize this right? You're saying it's true because it's true. But... where is the actual proof in it?
>>
>>79428887
Before WWII there were hundreds of small, independent automodible manufacturers.
After the war, there were only a handful left that were eventually meged into the big 3.
>>
File: ldi.jpg (173 KB, 502x490) Image search: [Google]
ldi.jpg
173 KB, 502x490
>>79426437

Minimum Wage:

Expectations: Government not allowing businesses to hire people for less than minimum wage.

Reality: Government not allowing workers to apply for a job for less than minimum wage.
>>
https://youtu.be/XJj2kSbwpqE
>>
The problem with minimum wages is that they are necessary to compensate the lost purchasing power of american workers however at the same they are harmful for many businesses that are barely struggling since people don't have purchasing power to buy their products and services. So only ones really making of with increased minimum wages are big companies with the ability to sell chinese made shit cheap.

This is problem everywhere in the western world. Mostly due to increasing housing prices that eat up ever more financial resources of the working man. Living in the western world is simply becoming too expensive for most workers but every time this is compensated by raising minimum wages the prices just keep going up since more money means more wage expenditures that must be taken from somewhere and that somewhere is usually the costumer who now needs to get a raise in his wage to be able to buy the shit he needs and the wicked cycle remains complete.

The solution isn't raising minimum wage. The solution is to somehow get prices down. Cutting taxes might work or maybe it just fucks the system over completely but something must be done to break the cycle.
>>
>>79427933
Maybe my standard are different, but most reasonable places around here are independent, and cost about... £12-25 (depending on what you order) for a meal, drinks not included. And you get quality food.

Then again most of my favourite places are out in the countryside, so can probably afford to charge less than somewhere offering equivalent quality food in the middle of a city.
>>
>>79426437
Just a kneejerk punishment policy from his wealthy overlord - all he has to do is fork over a fiver extra.
>>
>>79428887
>Yes the minimum wage needs to be raised to cover the continuous rise in living costs.
why?
>>
>>79427151
1. most people are employed by small businesses, not billion dollar corporations. no way could the ice cream shop afford to pay $15/h
2. clearly the issue here is shaniqua not being able to close her legs. we must not let them think this is okay. cut their stamps so theyll learn the hard way. guarantee kids will be more cautious after realizing there is no safety net.
3. >millennials >being smart enough to be entrepreneurs
>>
>>79431797
>In fact, you will need to show some pretty complex math to prove this is true, which you haven't.
What? How? If everyone is paid more without an increase in productivity, then they have more money to spend on the same amount of stuff. More money to spend on rent, more to spend on food. The extra demand causes the price of things to go up. How would it not? It would be different if productivity was increasing too, but it's not. That's before accounting to costs going up due to more people unemployed, and more taxes being needed to support them. It's also before accounting that everything that is produced using minimum wage labour will go up in price because of higher costs.

Let me know if there's something you don't agree with here. I'm happy to explain it more. Some things in economics are very cryptic and disputable, this stuff though is pretty straight forward.
>>
File: popcornlol.png (537 KB, 991x600) Image search: [Google]
popcornlol.png
537 KB, 991x600
>>79426437

fucking Loving every Laugh.

>High wages for everyone!

>Where did my job go?

>Please select which pizza you would like Dough-Bot to create, then insert your approved digital payment option.
>>
>>79432524
Because people need to live. Everytime life of an average worker has become unbearable there has bloodshed, lynchings and revolutions. Basically you need some social programs to keep the rabble in check.

Rome provided its citizens with bread and circuses. America has football and foodstamps. Finland has welfare checks and hockey.
>>
>>79426970
Most big chains are franchises though
>>
File: pizzamachine1.jpg (14 KB, 399x342) Image search: [Google]
pizzamachine1.jpg
14 KB, 399x342
>>79432722
lol, they actually had one of these things in the last place I lived. Automated pizza maker.
>>
>>79432722
That is going to happen anyway. Either with low or high wages.
>>
>>79426437
>>79427151
You know this $15/hour is all bullshit when it takes up to 7 years to implement it

Do dumbfucks working minimum wage not realize they have to stay on the job for 6 or more years before hitting $15, if their hours are not cut, they're replaced, or the store stays open?
>>
>>79432934
So now you can make pizza without employing people to actually make pizza. Ingenious yet horrifying since if every basic level job disappears we're going to have a lot of people struggling to make a living and those masses are going to be angry as hell.
>>
File: LaughingOldMan.jpg (12 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
LaughingOldMan.jpg
12 KB, 266x189
>>79426638

My sides
>>
If you have 5 apples to distribute among 10 people...

Normal logic:
Produce 5 more apples with incentives. Everyone can afford an apple.

Minimum wage logic:
Give each person twice the money
Apple price doubles
Apple price doubles
Apple price doubles
REPEAT

>Y so much inflation???
>>
>>79427151
>move on

Really? That's your source?
>>
>>79432934
>>79432722
Seriously, how hard can it be to make a machine that makes pizza?

I mean I don't think I've ever seen workers at Costco make or flatten the dough, they just throw toppings on it and put it in the oven.

What is really surprising, seeing $7 dollar large pizzas at Domino's and Papa John's. Papa John's even has a point counter and deal for free pizzas.
>>
Liberals should put their money where their mouth is.....every iPhone sold should be forced to pay $45.00 towards food stamps
How many billions of dollars do these greedy fucks need?

If Apple whines, let them raise the price...eventually people won't buy their shit
>>
>>79433319
At least they'll have access to cheap pizza :^)
>>
>>79433319
>Ingenious yet horrifying since if every basic level job disappears we're going to have a lot of people struggling to make a living and those masses are going to be angry as hell.

Yup. And we all have the left to thank for it
>>
>>79426970
>Liberals in charge of sticking it to big corporations
>by running all of their competition out of business
>>
>>79427329
PIZZA PIZZA
>>
File: 1457045221051.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457045221051.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Can't wait for the self driving delivery cars that I won't even have to tip.
>>
>>79428178
This argument is only valid if you have a controlled environment without outside factors, most of which make the worker more productive. The auto industry would be your perfect example because robots are doing so many of the functions that humans had done in the past. So in your world the investment in the technology would never be made. And if you invested in that technology the increase in productivity should be paid to the people still left on the assembly line?
>>
>>79427147
>grow up on little ceaser 5 dollar pizzas
>be an adult
>go to a 'real' pizza place
>mother fuckers want 30 dollars a pie for the same pizza with some fucking parsley and garlic salt sprinkled top of it
>>
>>79427329
Walmart now has $5 pizzas as well. Haven't tried one, so don't know if worth it.

Have seen then down to $2.50 because they haven't been sold.

Hell, they have lots of discounted food. I get a dozen donuts for $2. Got a apple tree for $5.50, down from $23, tons more for that price as well.
>>
>>79427586
How is he supposed to lose ionic charge?
>>
>>79433413
They now have farms that milk dairy cows with only the farmer there and he never touches the cow or the milk machine. How many people work on building a new car?
>>
>>79433726
Those fresh wal mart pizzas you cook yourself are amazing, particularly the cheese stuffed crust ones. They taste so much... cleaner? more natural? than the delivery pizzas.
>>
>>79428285

Big chains only exist because of government intervention.
>>
>>79433572
Are pizza places just out of the way for most people?

Am I lucky that I have Domino's, Little Caesar's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Rosati's, and a few other independent shops all in five miles of each other?
>>
>>79433804
lol *snort*
>>
>>79433850
Never seen those. The $5 ones are already baked in a heating case near the rotisserie chicken
>>
>>79433446
Left, right and capitalism itself.

Capitalism was never going to function indefinitely. It like all the systems before it will run its course and then be replaced with something else.

There is two outcomes that will be the end of capitalism. One the price of labor rises until profits will diminish to the point that there is no point in investing in or producing anything.

Two: Price of labor falls until most people have no ability to purchase products even when they are practically free..
>>
>>79431991
It's pretty fuckin simple. The cost of a widget is the price of materials plus labour, plus profit. If materials costs go up, the widget either gets more expensive or you take the hit and eat profits to stay competitive. If labour costs go up, the widget gets more expensive of profits get eaten or, option C- your job gets eaten by glorious autobot. If we raise the cost of labour, the cost of living rises with it until everyone is just as poor as before.
>>
>>79432870
bullshit. people need to live is not an arguement, its an appeal to emotion. I'd love to have some part time job only paying 5 or 10 dollars an hour with a variable schedule as little as 1 hour of work a day. Not everyone wants or needs permanent 9-5 employment to 'live' comfortably, because not everyone is dumb enough to fall for the jewish meme of being a strong independent dumbass that goes off and tries to live by themselves all alone and do everything on their own.
>>
>>79434094
the value of low skilled labour certainly is falling. At yeah, all low skilled jobs may be replaced with machines.

At that point it will be economic just to pay low skilled people not to work. Maybe pay them to go to college. To try to get needed skills.
>>
File: 1457481686450.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457481686450.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>>79428111

>peter
>talking about facts about young wont have their first jobs, learning about jobs, take responsibility, Only experienced people will be hired, work will be replaced with robots that work for free.

>hippe-jew-liberal-proffessor
>Look at these things im drawing look they look sad, now they get more money, now i can draw a smile on their faces look, people will lose jobs but these people who still have jobs will have more money to spend :-)
>>
>>79434293
Financial advisers and even lawyers and such are being replaced by software even faster than low-level physical jobs are being replaced by robots.

IBM is trying to make your average clinic doctors unemployed with their Watson diagnostic computer..

Actually your average plumber seems to be more safe than a collage educated computer programmer who will be replaced by self programming software programs.
>>
>>79428992
do you cry to 4chan when a mcdonalds closes down? no? then fuck off paddy
>>
>raising wages will also raise the cost of goods and services

so lowering wages will lower the cost of goods and services, right?

and costs won't go up at all if you never raise wages?
>>
>>79426437
>employers only pay people worth 15 an hour 15 an hour

Sucks for the useless masses, if the dregs cannot support themselves they will revolt.
>>
>>79426437
>$15 minimum cost him his job
>Even though it won't go into effect for years
>And he's a tipped employee, and thus not subject to it

Fucking time traveling minimum wage!
>>
>>79434766
Financial advisors are being made more efficient. The stuff they used to do is being done by computers now, but they are finding new work to do. Much like computers made lawyers and doctors and shit way more productive with their time, but it didn't mean we needed less of them. It just meant it became cheaper to get the same amount of productivity from them, which increased demand for their services. So they just get paid similarly for doing more work in the same amount of time.

Though i agree, ultimately some skilled jobs could be eliminated. But it will be the unskilled jobs to go first.

If all jobs become better automated then yeah, capitalism is dead and we have a new society where no one needs to work.

>>79434798
>can't explain the difference
lol
>>
>>79434290
It's not just an appeal to emotion and it is an argument. It's an historical argument. When the rabble have no means to support themselves economically they will turn violent.
>>
>>79434862
>so lowering wages will lower the cost of goods and services, right?
right

>and costs won't go up at all if you never raise wages?
Costs will go up and down for other factors, but not due to wages if they don't change.
>>
>>79428178
>What is an exponential increase in technological advance and cost-effectiveness.
>What is investment in properties used by workers instead of the workers themselves
>What is knowing your place in a system.
Fuck the working class, yes.
>>
raelly mdae me sink
>>
>>79427329
>little siezures

thats trash pizza anon. So is Pizza slut and Dominoes
>>
>>79426970
Big chains can't really afford it either. They run on razor thin profit margins just like everyone else. The difference is, they can offset losses in one area for a while and wrote them off on taxes. But, that isn't sustainable.
>>
>>79434094
>One the price of labor rises until profits will diminish to the point that there is no point in investing in or producing anything.
No, because the prices would rise to compensate for the increase in money supply. Why would producers continue to produce for a net loss?

>Price of labor falls until most people have no ability to purchase products even when they are practically free..
No, because the prices would fall to compensate for the decrease in money supply. Why would producers continue to produce is nobody is buying anything?

Capitalism isn't going to "stop working". The current state of the market will change, but ever since Thug traded Thog a handful of berries for a new spear in the old hunter-gatherer days there has been capitalism. Even if everyone and their mother had a Star Trek-style fabricator to bullshit up anything they could want, the time and effort spent creating those devices still has a value, and people will still want something in exchange.
>>
>>79428178

no accounting for inflation and rising living standards, no accounting for technology increasing and the amount of workers hired decreasing.

I'm not sure what you are saying here, other than technology will end up removing lots of unskilled labor from the workforce
>>
>>79426437
It makes me stink.
>>
>>79426802
Are you retarded?

>weed is $95 a gram after taxes

>desert sells for $5 and ounce

Who do you go to
>>
File: ef0c346a0d71d1ddd33f0c68e5d811c8.png (267 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ef0c346a0d71d1ddd33f0c68e5d811c8.png
267 KB, 1000x1000
>>79428178
>minimum wage
>helping the poor
>not helping the elites
>>
>>79438590
>No, because the prices would fall to compensate for the decrease in money supply.
What has the value of labour got to do with the money supply?
>>
>>79426437
Lol. Have fun rotting in your third world country. Meanwhile here in Seattle construction is booming everywhere, massive infrastructure improvement's are happening, and you can find employment everywhere. How much do you make 15$ USD a month?
>>
>>79427329
Little Ceasers is considered one of the absolute WORST pizza places in the US. They're below Domino's.
>>
>>79430457
>Do capitalists have oversight and long term thinking?

The country with no money and a socialist government is talking about "muh evil capitalists"!
How cute.

Now pay your fucking debts you vermin.
>>
>>79426802
Dude they will disappear because the minimum wage is too much to sell weed
>>
>>79427484
If they can't compete due to government regulations that have the bigger companies lobby for to decrease competition, then you must reduce the state to fix that lack of competition which is vital for a free market system.

However if you get rid of that and they still cannot compete, then them going out of business is fair and is part of the free market system. If walmart is better than your mom and pop store, then people should go to walmart.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.