[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun Law Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Tommy-gun.jpg (414 KB, 4014x2268) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-gun.jpg
414 KB, 4014x2268
Why are automatic weapons illegal? I am pro guns, but it seems like criminalizing automatic weapons was the right thing due to the rampant violence and crimes caused. However, what stops someone from making the claim that then it is okay to criminalize other "scary" guns. Furthermore, if guns are really for the sake of fighting tyranny, then why should we allow the criminalization of any guns?
>>
They arent illegal
>>
>>79423058
They aren't illegal, they're just incredibly expensive to obtain. Also, we shouldn't allow the criminalization of any guns. You're preaching to the choir on that one though.
>>
>>79423121
Oh wait, you're right. I guess I'm more blue pulled than I thought. I always heard that automatic weapons (especially tommy guns) were banned, because of all the crimes caused by mobsters.
>>
>>79423509
Ones made after 1986 are illegal, you are partially correct.
>>
>>79423121
The mobsters were caused by alcohol prohibition, not by guns.
>>
>>79423666
I thought you could get a license to convert semis to autos yourself, making them untransferable in the process.
>>
>>79423058
banning fully auto weapons made after the year the bill went into effect has not impacted gun violence at all.
>>
>>79423058
>Why are automatic weapons illegal?

they're not

the ATF just gets a mile up your ass and makes you pay fees

also since the legal market for automatics has disappeared following those laws, automatics are expensive as a motherfucker
>>
>>79423058
Automatics are different from the norm due to how, well, automatic they are. High mag size and full auto means in the wrong hands a lot of people are going to be shot, compared to a semi-auto which typically holds 6-15 and one pull of the trigger is one shot.

If the shooter doesn't have access to automatic or high mag size weapons a lot less people are going to be injured or killed before police can respond.

someone with more knowledge and not tired as fuck could explain this better but I think I got the point across
>>
>>79423058
There weren't many crimes committed with automatic weapons. It's just that the ones that were were really hard for the police to stop.
>>
>>79423944
No, all full autos must be registered and the registry was closed in 1986
>>
>>79423058
they're only kinda illegal because "muh government". They were never particularly popular or effective for criminal use, but seem like they could easily have led to numerous accidental shootings due to normies being retarded and full auto being difficult to control (depending on platform)
>>
>>79424474
>If the shooter doesn't have access to automatic or high mag size weapons a lot less people are going to be injured or killed before police can respond.
So in the US the police teleports behind you and is responsible for saving you from immediate threads? Fascinating.
>>
>>79424650
threats, the thought police is responsible for threads :^)
>>
>>79423944
ATF should not exist.

FBI would handle their job with greater sensibility and less dogs would be shot.
>>
File: 1466359203400.png (58 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1466359203400.png
58 KB, 500x492
>>79424509
Which is why we have militarized police now. And honestly I think its a good thing.
>tfw my county's sheriff office could take Mexico and Canada on at the same time
>>
The NFA was passed because machine guns were expensive and unpopular. No other reason.

The original draft would have regulated pistols the same way machine guns are regulated. It was removed because pistols were cheap and common.

Gun grabbers take what they can get and move on to the next item they want to ban.

They tried the same thing with the assault weapons ban. When it was passed, "assault weapons" were the least popular gun commonly available to the public. They fucked that one up and now they're the most popular, hence every new push to ban them falls flat.
>>
>>79424474
You're completely wrong. Full auto does in fact not help you massacre a lot of people in a short time frame compared to semi unless you manage to smuggle an MG3 into a crowded mall or something stupid like that
>>
It does too much damage in an urban setting. That's why it's banned in states with dense populations.

Yes, the North Hollywood Shootout produced 0 casually with automatic weapons, but then you take those same two guys and put them in a crowded movie theatre, and you can get 100 dead.
>>
>>79425103
Or you use explosives or run people over with your car (legal in Europe, at least you won't go to prison for car jihad) like any decent terrorist.
>>
>>79425283
That's another discussion, but yes. We should be thankful these people are too dumb to make use of higher grade chemical weapons I guess?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.