[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening, /pol/. I had a pretty good laugh about this t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11
File: high heels.jpg (919 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
high heels.jpg
919 KB, 3000x2250
Good evening, /pol/.

I had a pretty good laugh about this today:

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/i-was-fired-from-my-internship-for-writing-a-proposal-for-a-more-flexible-dress-code.html

>I spoke with my manager about being allowed some leeway under the dress code and was told this was not possible, despite the other person being allowed to do it. I soon found out that many of the other interns felt the same way, and the ones who asked their managers about it were told the same thing as me. We decided to write a proposal stating why we should be allowed someone leeway under the dress code. We accompanied the proposal with a petition, signed by all of the interns (except for one who declined to sign it) and gave it to our managers to consider. Our proposal requested that we also be allowed to wear running shoes and non leather flats, as well as sandals (not flip-flops though) and other non-dress shoes that would fit under a more business casual dress code. It was mostly about the footwear, but we also incorporated a request that we not have to wear suits and/or blazers in favor of a more casual, but still professional dress code.

>The next day, all of us who signed the petition were called into a meeting where we thought our proposal would be discussed. Instead, we were informed that due to our “unprofessional” behavior, we were being let go from our internships. We were told to hand in our ID badges and to gather our things and leave the property ASAP.
>>
what tools
>>
>>79350885
They always act like children.
>>
Topu keko.
>>
>Intern
>Expecting respect

HAHAHAHHA
>>
>>79350885
what is the purpose of inernship?
to gain experience needed for your first job
so why don't you hold your opinions to yourself?
good ridance and learn not to be oblivious dumbass next time
>>
>intern

>sign a petition to try and change something

holy fucking shit my sides
>>
>>79350885
>Ummm like I know that we're interns here but umm could we maybe like have a conversayshunn about the impact your dress code is having? We made a petition that we all umm like signed and uh you should change the rules for us, okay?

God damn the real world strikes back.
>>
>>79350885
So what was their dress code? I could understand if it was about wearing heels, but what's wrong with wearing a skirt blazer and black shoes
>>
I don't get it. Is this Schadenfreude? Seem kind of mean to laugh at someone's naïveté
>>
>>79351575
When self-entitlement meets fucking reality.

GET ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DESTROYED, YOU BRAINWASHED COLLEGE FUCKS.
>>
>>79351812
According to the piece they allows dressy flats. I agree about it being reasonable to ask for accommodation regarding not wanting to wear heels as there are very real health consequences, but they just wanted to dress more causally in generally and wanted to be able to wear sandals and shit all because they noticed some lady who lost her leg while in the military was given an exception regarding footwear due to her disability.
>>
>>79350885
Interns do not change company policy. wtf where they thinking?
>>
>>79350885
intern opening?
What state is this?
>>
>>79351575
>company gets free workers
>expects them to act like paid workers
You get what you buy, faggots.

If you want your workers to have the Brooks Brothers look, pay Brooks Brothers wages. If you pay Walmart wages, you get Walmart workers.
>>
>>79351955

>Is this Schadenfreude?

Yes.
>>
>>79352162
That's extremely unprofessional. Does common sense not exist to them? I mean we all know they wear 6 inch heels when they go party
>>
>>79350885
>be intern
>write a petition asking for anything else but increased whipping

wew plebs
>>
>>79350885
>Trying to worm their way out of having to wear heels

Every woman should be wearing heels at work, period, if its in an office. Have some fucking class.
>>
>>79352641
To be fair there is a difference between occasionally wearing them and having to wear them for 8+ hours a day 5 days a week.

Either way it doesn't matter because they were allowed to wear flats. They just wanted to dress casually and thought they could get their way by signing a petition. They actually thought interns matter. Interns are useless. The company probably had a net increase in productivity by firing them because interns need babysitting so often.
>>
>>79352701
>women
>class
It's like you don't realize that it's current year.
>>
>>79352486
Go read the ask letter. The kids wanted to wear sandals and other fagwear to work. That's not a price issue--it's a propriety issue.

Plenty of cheap and acceptable options exist for workwear (note that flats are allowed) but they wanted to change the rules because they wrote a little boo-hoo petition like it's their safe space college campus.

And when confronted with the fact that the woman with the exemption has it because she was injured at war, they pretty well state that they would have used that information against their employer in their petition. One can only speculate what their "war injuries" would be.
>>
File: fgm.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fgm.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>mfw I wear a tshirt, shorts and a hoodie to work every day.
>mfw newbies get laughed at the first day when they wear a suit/tie.
>>
I'd let them wear flip flops so I can oggle their feet and then masturbate to them in the men's bathroom.
>>
> Muh dress code
I'm with the interns on this - there is nothing wrong with a button up shirt and a pair of jeans
>>
>>79353056

what job?
>>
>>79353056
This pretty much happened to me. Dressed up for the first week and then stopped. I wear whatever I want now.
>>
>>79353294
Not that anon, but I am a mechanical engineer and we don't really have a dress code. Obviously you shouldn't dress like a slob, but jeans and even a t shirt are fine.
>>
>>79353228
Professional dress creates a professional environment. Not that you've ever held a professional job in your life.
>>
>>79353294

Software Engineer.
>>
>>79353566
Nice projection

As long as you look competent it doesn't matter how you dress
>>
>>79353693

>software """engineer"""

FTFY
>>
>>79353183
Oh god, when the hot girl at work finally wore sandals this spring I fapped furiously in the handicapped bathroom
>>
>>79353566

Professional environments are overrated. Ask Google, Facebook, Microsoft, or basically any other tech company that exists.
>>
>>79352486
Interns aren't "free workers"

You legally can't profit from any of their work. Which limits the amount of jobs hey can do to basically nothing. In fact, interns turn a negative for the company, especially if they're paid
>>
>>79353790

Not too rustled either way. I make more than any actual engineer my age does.
>>
>every intern except one signs the petition
>the only one to keep their job

that guy must have been laughing so fucking hard
>>
>>79353228
I guess once you run your own business, you can cowtow to people who ultimately are in it for themselves rather then the professional standards you need to stay competitive.
>>
>>79353901
same 92k + 10% bonus
26 in midwest senior software engineer
>>
>>79353755

>As long as you look competent it doesn't matter how you dress

Who here would like to see this faggot try to sell cars while wearing a Gumby costume?
>>
File: 10030885_2.jpg (39 KB, 1000x420) Image search: [Google]
10030885_2.jpg
39 KB, 1000x420
>>79350885
perfect

>interns
>asking for changes
>>
>>79354010

Not bad for the Midwest I bet.

I live in the Bay Area, so they really jack up the compensation. Costs a bunch to live here, of course.
>>
>>79353964
The absolute madman
>>
>>79353566

Mother fucker please. I'm a professional photographer. My dress code, is whatever the fuck I want to wear that gets me comfortable and creative enough to get my shots.

Guaranteed my name is plasted and accredited in more places that yours could ever hope to be, and my work portfolio will blow yours the fuck out of the water.

Goddamn kids trying to act like Madmen is the only way to be "professional".
>>
>>79354380
>Professional photographer
>I take pics with my phone
>>
>>79353566
Doctors wear pajamas and their jobs are more professional and important than anything you will ever do in your life.
>>
>>79353755

Clearly you've never worked in a bank, law firm, advertising firm, or anything in the fashion world. When you're dealing with big clients and their representatives, the attention you pay to your appearance is part of how they judge your typical grade of clientele. Dress like a broke college kid and they assume your clients are broke college kids. In a law firm, they may assume no one ever goes to court, which in turn means no one there litigates regularly.

They may be wrong, but whining about a client who misjudged you doesn't bring that client back with their checkbook. Good image never scares away money; bad image can scare it away plenty.
>>
>>79354380
Yeah my girlfriend is a photographer too. You should check out her Instagram.
>>
>>79353558
>>79353693

I'm planning on going into software development, I wonder how fucked I'll be when I turn up to an interview in jeans and running shoes.
>>
>>79353884
Yes because every company play ball with the legal stuff
>>
>>79354018
What are you whining about?
>>
>>79354798
> you are only professional if you're an unproductive Jew

Top fucking goy
>>
>>79353056
Usually happens in advertising agencies and software companies, mostly in something art-related and sometimes in engineering stuff. Pretty nice desu.

People shouldn't be doing this kind of shit if they're working for example on a law firm and expect to be taken serious.
>>
>>79354963
Then it's your job to sue and get millions
>>
>>79352496
So OP is just blogposting? What a waste of thread
>>
>>79350885
This article has sparked a national conversation about dress codes in the work place!
>>
>>79350885

Fucking left out the best part nigger

>We were shocked. The proposal was written professionally like examples I have learned about in school, and our arguments were thought out and well-reasoned. We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it. The worst part is that just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in. You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.
>former solder who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in.

>You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.
>we would have factored it into our argument

THEY WOULD HAVE STILL ARGUED THEIR POINT EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON WAS A WOUNDED FUCKING VET

Fucking entitled cunts are hilarious sometimes.
>>
File: Donald-Trump.jpg (32 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump.jpg
32 KB, 615x409
>interns
>>
>>79353294

probably a plumber or factory worker or some other blue collar piece of shit job that pol advocates so much for
>>
>>79354958
always dress casually for software interviews. the companies that reject you for this, you don't want to work for anyways.

hygiene is incredibly important though. be clean as fuck. no one cares about your jeans as long as you are clean and well-groomed every day.

clothing is not as important as life practices.

t. senior software dev in charge of interviewing for my team
>>
File: 377.gif (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
377.gif
105 KB, 640x480
>>79354759
I've worked in a hospital, and scrubs are NOT pajamas. They are uncomfortable, odd-fitting, and usually made out of a cheaper blend of cotton (all to save money).

Doctors usually don't wear scrubs unless they're surgeons or hands-on ICU/CCU doctors, which are a small percentage. Most doctors wear suit attire but trade-out their jackets for white lab coats.

>Argies knowing anything about healthcare
>>
>>79350885
>be an intern
>act like you know better than the people that worked there for 20+ years
Yeah that was pretty stupid and entitled.
>>
File: 1467356254583.jpg (388 KB, 2026x1519) Image search: [Google]
1467356254583.jpg
388 KB, 2026x1519
Dumb ass interns not knowing their place and complaining instead of dressing provocatively and giving blowjobs.
>>
>>79356181
What the fuck you didn't buy your own scrubs ? are you a kike?
>>
>>79354882
>check out her Instagram.
Automatic whore.
>>
>>79356434

>What the fuck you didn't buy your own scrubs ?

Because the only people who buy their own scrubs are nurses who sit behind desks.

Why would you spend extra money on clothing that's meant to be disposable?
>>
>>79354798
>bank
>law firm
>advertising firm
>fashion
So, what's your point? The most functionally worthless shitheads of society dress up and look good because they need to cover up the rot and puss underneath?
>>
>>79356557
Don't complaint about scrubs being made of shit material and odd fitting if you are such a jew you don't buy them yourself, I never even heard of people doing that, maybe some shitskin nurses but not doctors.
>>
>>79354759

You are incorrect. Hospitals don't run like tv shows portray.

Most staff is very professionally dressed, and scrubs are only used when there is a high probability of mess or biohazard.
>>
>>79356752
>>79356434
>why don't you give in and buy superfluous uniforms from me, goyim!

no one does that, except for what >>79356557
said. It's for nurses who would rather be comfortable as they wear these 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. They are also unionised and are usually allowed a lot of choice in their attire. Hospital staff aren't and doctors don't care b/c they'd rather wear their nice clothing.

also:

>the falklands are rightful British clay
>>
>>79354380
>getting this assblasted when your shit taste in clothing is pointed out
>>
Bet that dude that didn't sign feels like a fucking champ, good on him.
>>
>>79350885
So they asked if they could wear different shoes and were denied but felt it was SUCH an important issue they decided to petition the company instead of finding somewhere else to intern? Fucking entitled cunts.
>>
Here's what's funnier

The interns saw another man wearing sandals, so that's why they wrote the petition

The man was a Vietnam veteran with damaged feet, and it was more comfortable for him to wear the sandals

Of course the fag doesn't mention it
>>
>I have never had a job before (I’ve always focused on school)

Obviously.

>and I was hoping to gain some experience before I graduate next year.

You already have.
>>
>>79355264
but companies cant just fucking say that they are providing an education/job training service to the interns and write it off
>>
>>79350885
>fired for writing a proposal

No, fired for community organizing on company time.

>Ted Bundy was executed for sexual harassment.

No, he was executed for murdering several people.
>>
>>79352899
>wearing them 8+ hours a day
Shut up pleb, they are sitting behind a desk wearing them not walking a fucking 10k
>>
>>79355162
>the only real profession is shit you can do with your hands like plumbing or roofing
>I put a space after the pointed bracket because I'm from Reddit
Enjoy your life of mediocrity and insignificance.
>>
>>79355416
These people are viruses. They come in to companies and nothing is ever good enough for them. If they had been allowed to get away with their bullshit, they would have moved on to the next crusade.
>>
>>79350885
They're fucking interns. Their opinion is irrelevant. I'm a tax intern and know very well that I'm expendable. The pay is good and so is the experience. I can't complain about anything.
>>
ITT: Angsty NEETs laugh at people
>>
>interns think they deserve worker's benefits

You're lucky you get paid you worthless shits. You're there to get marketable experience, not loaf around like a faggot.
>>
>>79350885
Thats like having my apprentice say he shouldnt have to wear high vis or a hardhat, holy fuck lol. Dress for your job or move over for someone who will.
>>
>>79358646
Banking, law etc are unproductive Jewish shit

The fact you're so mad and whining about my phone prices you know this.

As I said before there is nothing wrong with a button up shirt and some jeans
>>
>>79352419
They probably were some entitled shits who thought they were actually valuable to the company
>>
>>79359705
Typical college kids who think they can change anything they want with a petition.
>>
>>79352701

But expecting things of women and holding them to a standard is sexist.
Unlike men who are forced to wear a suit and tie all day every day even during summer, thats just expected.
>>
>>79360108
That's why most of them end up staying in student debt for their whole life; even the marketable degrees.. They get out of class and suddenly think they know the shit better than the manager.

My brother is an example. He flunked calc so many times that he had to change his major 5 times, and ended up graduating in General Studies simply because my dad was cutting his ass off.

He's never able to find a full time job because he only applies to these high end IT companies and expects to be a professional IT with a degree that's even less important than Liberal Arts.

He even got mad because I didn't immediately introduce him to my gf's dad who runs a huge IT firm.
>>
File: 1338835370794.jpg (188 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
1338835370794.jpg
188 KB, 764x1024
>>79352701

Yuro & Azn women do it but not Amerifats
>>
>>79355264
>>79353884
Just like racial profiling is illegal, right? Surely cops don't treat niggers differently from whites!

The reality is that companies use interns to fill what would otherwise be entry-level positions, but it's virtually impossible to prove that they're violating labor laws because the profitability of a company is not objectively assignable to any particular employees.
>>
File: CVQCcmdVAAAdxxI_0.jpg (50 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
CVQCcmdVAAAdxxI_0.jpg
50 KB, 600x665
>get job as programmer
>go above and beyond and take lead
>everyone except buttblaster senior staff giving me thumbs up
>ask if i can dye my hair bright red and wear my piercings
>only person in the office of 150 with neon hair and a face full of metal because they want to keep me happy

i earned it nigga fu
>>
>>79361563
Nothing wrong with it if the company gives you permission.
>>
>intern
>complaining

That's not how things work. I did the whole intern thing with no pay, then got a job at the same company and got paid peanuts.

Fast forward to today, several different companies later, and I'm now in the 6 digit income.

Hopefully those interns aren't in the type of industry with a lot of "gossip" and connections, because shit like that can ruin your career.
>>
>>79353809
>people who develop products which will be used by consumers who never see the developers
>HR interns whose entire career is based on soft skills and direct interpersonal contact often in a face to face setting
>>
File: 1391312275876.jpg (53 KB, 540x541) Image search: [Google]
1391312275876.jpg
53 KB, 540x541
I wouldn't have fired all of them. I would give the single intern that declined the petition a salary and keep the others around so I can laugh at them.

This type of idiot are the same ones demanding $15 an hour for no skill jobs. This is hilarious.
>>
>>79353809
None of those company have people in office who will see clients / customers. Of course they don't have a strict dress code, they're locked in their office to code all day.
>>
File: 1466745661139.png (8 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1466745661139.png
8 KB, 429x410
>>79350885
>>
File: the hero britain deserves.jpg (148 KB, 735x999) Image search: [Google]
the hero britain deserves.jpg
148 KB, 735x999
>>79361563
people in tech ususally dont care about appearances.
we have a guy at work that comes in topless wearing only combat pants and steel toed army boots. while having hair that reaches down to his knees.
my company writes software for banks.
no one except the top brass wears a suit. and even in investor meetings no one dresses up formally.
one of my bosses once came to work drunk wearing a kilt because he spent all night at a metal concert and not even the "normal" women down at HR even bat an eye.
>>
>>79353884
Yeah, and waiters have to report their tips.

I was a managing intern. I managed a small office space and only had gas reimbursed. Nothing was illegal about that.
>>
>>79352701
>what are flats
>>
>>79350885
>everyone had signed it
>except for those who didn't
just like
>everyone in the world is gay
>except for those who aren't
>>
>>79352701
Honestly they shouldn't change anything in dress code except for heels. Wearing heels can get pretty painful and it's sadistic to force them to wear heels
>>
>>79353884
Are you trolling or just stupid?
>>
>>79350885
Being this arrogant as a fucking intern. Had to be white women and the one guy didnt sign
>>
>>79364162
Not falling for this bait, schlomo.
>work hard now, it gets better right? xoxo
>>
>>79365903
You would... if you had someone to fire, filthy neet.
>>
>>79354380
Hey art fag if your receptionist wears flip flops and a tshirt your company looks like shit
>>
>>79351955
It's not naiveté, they were entitled little bitches that have a self centered world view.

Who did they think they were pulling this shit? They're like gamer girls trying to change things they don't even like.
>>
>>79361563
You still made a dumb decision and theyre laughing at you
>>
>>79350885
Just post more heels faggot
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.