[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotting a /pol/ at church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1437502761065.jpg (31 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
1437502761065.jpg
31 KB, 402x564
>visit orthodox church regularly for year now
>a volunteer coordinator im on good terms with tells me she thought i was "just another one of them"
>ask what she means.
>Informed that every few months a convert shows up. They more or less have 3 qualities...
>1. Extremely right wing views on everyone, strong political views
>2. Disinterest in prayer, and religious study. Though they pretend to be.
>3. Preoccupation with women and wife-hunting. High standards.
>Apparently one guy even dropped out of a retreat upon discovering it was for the most part (unofficially) sex segregated

Got me wondering. How many Christians on /pol/ are as devout and genuine as the present themselves online. and how many are edgelords who just google searched for the most "conservative, traditionalist, right winger, un cucked" sect they can find.

for me, attending my church made me more moderate (less edgy) after realizing being observant isn't easy, and most people even in this fairly conservative church view it as LARPing
>>
>>79349801
this is pretty funny if true, leaf.

did you convert? what church do you go to now?
>>
No one in CURRENT YEAR is actually Christian. Those threads on /pol/ is so we can troll with Luther.
>>
>>79349801
my parents are orthodox and i can confirm orthodox grils are best grils

i am not, but i present myself accurately online and in real life
>>
>>79349801
I'm Catholic and I usually attend a TLM, so the people there are usually relatively devout. I guess I would kinda fall into category 1, but I've always been Catholic, and didn't convert to live out some right-wing traditionalist fantasy like some people. My views just happen to be pretty far right. Almost no one knows my political views, though, since I don't really like discussing politics around church, since that doesn't always end well.
>>
>>79349801
The Christian church has been slandered so much that many people believe any remotely right wing church is one sermon away from calling for a new crusade.

That lie bears little resemblance to reality.

The kind of places that you would find dangerous, physically strong men are the kind of places you should never go without and invite or a head full of rocks.

Church is not one of those places.
>>
>>79350134
not really. i was born orthodox. from a church one a month family. became more religious recently. i also heard 70% of orthodox converts leave or just disappear by the 5 year mark. which is too bad. i attribute this partially to the edgelords and partially to orthodox churches being pretty ethnic
>>
>>79350788
i think the OCA is really the only non ethnic one
>>
>>79350788
>i attribute this partially to the edgelords and partially to orthodox churches being pretty ethnic

The ethnic thing is the #1 roadblock to me attending an Orthodox church in the US. That said, I've never been, so it may just be all in my head. They're tough to navigate as an outsider.
>>
>>79351122
>They're tough to navigate as an outsider.
it's tough no matter what

ive been several times with my parents and just can't get into the swing of things. and theirs isn't even an ethnic church

great people though
>>
File: chensader.png (234 KB, 1024x1112) Image search: [Google]
chensader.png
234 KB, 1024x1112
>tfw Catholic
>tfw doing my best
>tfw the Church is dying
>>
>>79351324
what is OCA?

I took first communion at a Roman Catholic church last year. It was freaking hard to get with the program, to be honest, confusing as fugg. Just going to mass as often as I could got me with it. I went daily for a month or so and that helped. Now I go to Latin Mass and I can even follow along most of the time. I'm marrying a Serbian grill, and if/when we move there I'll convert to Orthodox, but in 'murrica I have it pretty good as far as parishes go.
>>
File: 2016-06-30_190703.jpg (327 KB, 967x936) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-30_190703.jpg
327 KB, 967x936
>>79351714
americas patriarchate
>>
>>79351859
Saved. Thanks, anon. Good luck in church!
>>
>>79349801
The Greek Priest I know doesn't take converts seriously until a year's grace period has passed. He usually gets lost souls who've tried a dozen esoteric religions, or disillusioned Protestants.
He has pretty right-wing views, laughs at Protestants with their muh Israel, doesn't like the cuckservatives here either.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.