[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey my Britbros. Does she actually have any power over what happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Hey my Britbros. Does she actually have any power over what happens or is she just a figurehead?
>>
>>79318499
fail save, for if the goverment does crumble, they hold power until the people elect again.
>>
google it you underage moron
>>
Pretty much, she is a money making machine for tourism but she can dissolve government at anytime and reinstate a monarchy.
>>
File: 1465252663843-0.jpg (98 KB, 1097x720) Image search: [Google]
1465252663843-0.jpg
98 KB, 1097x720
>>79318499
The Armed Forces swear allegiance to the Crown, not Parliament.

The Queen can also dissolve Parliament whenever she wants. I think she can do the same with Canada and Australia, but I might be wrong on that.
>>
>>79318807
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-safe
the queen holds the power to disolve goverment, but the people must elect there own parliement again.
that is the same power held by a commander general of the queen, in another country of which holds the queen as there monarch.
(we came, we saw, we installed goverments, no country without repesentation)
>>
She never does nuffin', just goes round shaking hands.
>>
She has a say in electing those

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords
>>
>>79318940
the people would still need to vote, she cat reinstate herself.
>>
>>79318940
>but she can dissolve government at anytime and reinstate a monarchy.

Goddammit why doesn't she?
>>
>>79319472
See >>79319431

I forgot to add that part.
>>
>>79319472
she cant reinstate the monarchy without a vote.
>>
>>79318499
Theoretically she does, but if she tried anything publically it would cause such a massive shitstorm that it could end the monarchy.

Being fucking loaded and having mandatory private meetings with every prime minister means she probably has some real influence behind the scenes, but she's not involved in actually managing anything in the government.
>>
Is it more or less tacitly agreed that when she dies the crown goes to William instead of his dad because he is loony.
>>
>>79318499
Probably the same as our president atm desu senpai. Meme rights but has enough influence to cause a significant shitstorm.
>>
Borrowing this thread

What exactly does the House of Lords do? Best as I can understand it's like the US Senate except members are appointed instead of elected, and they're not necessary to make new legislation but can sometimes block it?
>>
>>79319658
there will always be a place for the rich in britain for as long as the monoarchy can stand, this is demonstrated by voluntary paying taxs.
she has seen & met more people then all the priminster she has met have seen, if history is always doomed to repeat its self, we will need a monarch who are able to hold the real history of england, and advised one of these, part timer priminsters lol. besides, the best people to do the job are usualy running there own business.
>>
>>79319784
They have to off him first, unless he abdicates
>>
>>79320335
They act as a check and balance on the Commons, but are not allowed to participate in financial bills, and Commons can sometimes overrule them but this happens very rarely.
>>
in war she would have absolute power over everything

in peace she's just a welfare recipient
>>
>>79320531
Aha, thanks britbro
>>
>>79320335
if you know how the EU works,
the house of lords = EU committee
while the house of commons = EU parliment

britain baby, been there done that.
>>
>>79320335
It is unable to prevent Bills passing into law, except in certain limited circumstances, it can delay Bills and force the Commons to reconsider their decisions.
>>
>>79322013
this is the only thing that may effect the brexit, it may take 2 years for us to leave the EU
>>
>>79321089
By "EU committee", I'm guessing you meant the Council of the European Union?

There are few key differences, the EU Parliament can't propose legislation even though it is the legislative branch. Also the Council can block legislative unlike the House of Lords.
>>
>>79322309
By convention the House of Lords don't block things contained in a government's manifesto so there will be pressure for them to pass it.
>>
>>79322483
they will file fore art. 50, but they will long it out i believe
>>
>>79322394
yeah there are some diffrances in are legal system, i prefer ares, but there both the 2 house system. things are decided by the people, and not the goblist elites
>>
>>79318499
Technically all laws that get passed need "royal assent", which is the monarch of the day giving the go ahead to them. The sovereign does have, at least in Britain, the power to decline to give assent to passed laws, thereby ensuring they don't become acts of parliament so have no legitimacy; this power hasn't been used in maybe a century, but I've not looked it up.
>>
>>79323203
basicly the best way to keep the monarch upto date.
>>
>>79318499
They are half pets half nepatistic ambassadors
>>
>>79323762
queen>president>priminster
>>
>>79318499
She de-jure has rights.
She can literally reject a Prime Minister that the people elect or refuse the resignation of a Prime Minister.

She never does though.
She's just there so Americans and Japs spend their bennies because they're so fascinated by a Queen.
>>
>>79324445
yes, she could pull a corybin and refuse to resign, but she wouldn't be able to pass law without a parliment, without a goverment no laws can be passed, she can not elect a goverrment.
>>
>>79318807
>until the people elect again.
well thats good but you see, there's fucking no leadership to be seen from anyone.
>>
>>79324445
i think she had a word with boris desu. Or someone did
>>
>>79325102
this could be where the queen plays a role in advising the priminster, at the end of the day your voting for a party and the views it holds.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.