[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is having a national identity, common culture and a common
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: soviet union.png (19 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
soviet union.png
19 KB, 320x220
So why is having a national identity, common culture and a common people so important?

Why can't countries just be like the Soviet Union or the USA? A mish mash of everything in one huge superstate.

As someone with 4 different passports and mixed ancestry this would be fine by me.
>>
>>79307776
>Why can't countries just be like the Soviet Union or the USA? A mish mash of everything in one huge superstate.

Because we as a society hold certain values that are not held by other cultures. When these cultures attempt to change our values or come into direct conflict with those values you cannot live peacefully. This is why we have nation-states so that different cultures can live peacefully with the values that are important to them.
>>
Do you feel loyalty to any one of those 4 countries?

Do you feel like you belong anywhere?
>>
>>79308078
What's stopping the USA from entering into a civil war then?
>>
>>79308133
I love them all equally.
>>
>>79307776
Why is living so important?
>>
>>79307776
Probably because they would be arbitrary.
>>
>>79308215
we had that already. We destroyed the other culture in the process.
>>
>>79308215
It did, once. The US was very cruel in it's warfare against the rebels. We're way too scared of our giant military to think seriously about revolting now.
>>
File: USSR_Emblem_1936.png (207 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
USSR_Emblem_1936.png
207 KB, 2000x2000
>>79307776
What would be the purpose of this state?
The nationstate is the organization of the tribe, there is no tribe there is no point to this state, for economic power I can just rob.
>>
>>79308764
I would have no nation in that state, no purpose, one of the truths of the world aka biology exterminated in favor of arbitrary momentary opinions and ideology which none of which are true or exist.
>>
>>79308764
>I want bread?
I steal it
>I want a car
I steal it
Next you will tell me of "risks" well the governments jurisdiction historically has a much higher risk with their wars.

I would rather have no government then a foreign one governing me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.