[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the absence of a God, why be moral?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 249x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 249x179
In the absence of a God, why be moral?
>>
>>79291287
>Needing a magic sky daddy to not be an asshole.
>>
>>79291287
Another thread where bunch of fanatical faggots are going to try and prove that morals came from god.
>>
>>79291287
Because why be a cunt?
>>
>>79292139
>>79291968
>there is worth in existing

Well you have to admit life in this universe is a freak accident. There is nothing special and you like everybody else is just a statistic. Which means there really is no basis for morality or objectivity. Self interest should prevail in every instance.
>>
Nonsensical question; objective morality cannot exist without religion, so to ask "Why be moral without religion?" doesn't make sense.

If I firmly believe there is no God, and I stand to gain from killing/stealing/raping/whatever, and am in a situation where there is no realistic chance of legal retribution against me, it's illogical NOT to do those things.
>>
Empathy.
>>
Well muslims have their Allah see how that works out
>>
>>79291287
Why indeed. Just be yourself, anon.
>>
File: image.png (29 KB, 903x633) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29 KB, 903x633
>>79292139
>>
>>79291287
Because we are intrinsically altruistic and social creatures. We are not meant to live in isolation and morality provides a sort of guarantee that we will work together.
>>
Having no religion is the only way you can be possibly be moral. Religious people have no morality.
>>
>>79291287
nice image for ants, fag
>>
Is god the good-maker, or the good-detector? Read the Euthyphro dialogues, god does shit all for morality.
>>
File: 1460810126206.jpg (146 KB, 908x634) Image search: [Google]
1460810126206.jpg
146 KB, 908x634
>>79291287
>>
File: 1467286404892.jpg (12 KB, 236x238) Image search: [Google]
1467286404892.jpg
12 KB, 236x238
the swords of intellect cannot cut the water that fills the cups of compassion

you can deconstruct morality piece by piece, tear down the walls of empathy with logic and irrefutable reason and boast to be the one who understood it all and chant "GOD IS DEAD, GOD IS DEAD!" only to find yourself anyway with a fistful of ashes and a broken heart
>>
>>79291287
It is more profitable to be moral than immoral. Ethics indirectly improve standard of life in a way that is noticeable to everyone but a psychopath, and we should not set mentaly ill as our model citizens.
>>
First day of your philosophy undergrad, I assume.

Yes, uncertainty of divinity is required for it to operate correctly. With certainty of presence we would all be saints, with certainty of absence we would all be monsters.
>>
File: confused.jpg (10 KB, 480x274) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
10 KB, 480x274
>>79292768
>It is more profitable to be moral than immoral
>>
>>79292780
I dare to disagree, certainty of presence enforces hierarchic social structure and violence by domination as the foundation of ethics.
>>
>>79292923
This certainly makes you confused if you are a sociopath.
>>
Because it's the right thing to do. Atheists don't need a magical sky daddy to tell us how to behave.
>>
>>79292326
This. It's what seperates us from nignogs.
>>
>>79293088
Why is it right?
>>
>>79293088
>right thing
>no god
>>
>>79292326
Focus on empathy may lead to censorship movements, thought policy and shame culture.
>>
Mutual-egoism is a basic foundation of pack civility.

This is independent of God/religion.
>>
>>79293224
God doesn't tell me what's right and wrong. That is decided based on my upbringing and my own sense of empathy, which has nothing to do with religion.

>>79293143
See above.

If you need god to tell you what is right and wrong, then you are a sad sack of shit.
>>
>>79293240
This fellow gets it.
>>
>>79291287
Morals should only exist because they are practical. Like agreeing that none of us want people to steal our shit and so we will jail niggers.
>>
>>79293018
It's depends on the god we're talking about and the values assigned to the respective religion of that divine presence, if we're looking at typical Buddhism youd be trying to get blood from a stone to incite violence in service of that name. It's situational but definitely a talking point. Too tired for scholarly dissertation though
>>
>>79293330
>That is decided based on my upbringing and my own sense of empathy

So Muslims are moral, and so are niggers. Got it.
>>
>>79291968
"Being an asshole" is entirely subjective, that is the problem.

Obviously subjective morality exists, but objective morality can not without the existence of some higher power to give it authority.
>>
>>79293401
Some of them are, yes.

By the way, many of the most immoral Muslims are also some of the most devout/religious. God doesn't have a monopoly on doing what's right. In fact, often times god has no interest in morality in the first place.
>>
File: tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o9_1280.jpg (292 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o9_1280.jpg
292 KB, 1200x900
>>79293330
>That is decided based on my upbringing and my own sense of empathy, which has nothing to do with religion.

the bible says god instills that in you

without god upholding the laws of the universe you would see complete chaos and hell with everybody always stealing and cheating out people every chance they get

if you go to third world countries thats what its like.

it could be like that here depending on the level of righteousness which can degrade over time

Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
>>
>>79291287
Because you life in a society. And you need to follow the rules. This is one most important points of religion: How to life together.
And if you dont have morality, you will be fucked up - even by yourself if you are social.
Some points in the bible are not bad, e.g. You shall not kill..
>>
SKY FAIRY
K
Y

F
A
I
R
Y
>>
Religion is a form of tribalism and, historically, tribalism has been at the root of all societal conflict.

Atheism has its roots in secular humanism, the belief that all human life has equal value. Therefore morality for an atheist involves respecting the value of the individual and tends to reject simple "us" versus "them" modalities.
>>
File: 1446598211083.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1446598211083.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>79293225
>you can only be a complete unemphatic selfish monster or a bleeding heart Jesus-esque cuck of the species
dont deal in extremes, its perfectly possible to be empathize with other peoples hardships without being a hardcore SJW
>>
>>79291287
Because otherwise kek will fuck you up.
>>
>>79293574
That verse is about virtue signaling. Not morals.
>>
>absence of a God
You have your life and being in him, what do you think sustains the harmony of our universe?
>>
>>79293519
>some of them are
Based on what?

What is moral and what's not?

I'm arguing for objective morality, not subjective. Not every religion's morality is right or valid, if God exists. That's the point; morality doesn't care how you feel about it or where you grew up. Right is right and wrong is wrong, if God exists. What some heretical religion says is moral has no bearing on what is actually moral.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
>>79293636
When will this meme die out? Are people so base they can't understand that God is just a word (just like any other word) and that word stands for "the force"??
>>
>>79293574
>the bible says god instills that in you
The bible says a lot of stupid shit. That doesn't make it true.

>without god upholding the laws of the universe you would see complete chaos and hell with everybody always stealing and cheating out people every chance they get
>if you go to third world countries thats what its like.
First of all, "third world country" is outdated cold war terminology that has no place in a discussion of the modern world.

Second of all, many of the least developed countries are also some of the most highly religious, and there tends to be more than enough irrationality and religious violence to go around as a result. Your narrative of a noble religious "first world" contrasted with a chaotic non-religious "third world" is just that - A false narrative, not based in reality.
>>
File: church-abuse-e1369768503435.jpg (44 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
church-abuse-e1369768503435.jpg
44 KB, 600x337
>>79291287

In the presence of a god, why be moral?
>>
>>79292626
>implying catholics would support a crusade

The Catholic church is degenerating at an unprecedented rate, they'll be ideologically identical to Episcopalians before the Francis papacy ends.

The future belongs to the Baptists.
>>
>>79293088
>be a good person! That's it!
oh boy i can't wait to watch you all with your cocks in your mouths for believing satan's lie
>>
>>79293636
>3636 (checked)
F R O G G O D
R
O
G

G
O
D
>>
>>79293771
You're saying god means bacteria? I'm not a Star Wars fan, but wasn't it a bacteria?
>>
>>79292251
you keep asking that while i am balls deep in some guys wife and high as shit on something illegal
>>
>>79293765
There is no objective morality. There are agreed-upon rules of conduct from one society/culture to another based on how the majority and/or the ruling class feels about morality, but there is no overarching universal morality under which everyone should live. Even if there was, it would have nothing to do with god.
>>
>>79293680
True, but if you're pinpointing mechanism of empathy as the foundation of ethics it promotes conflict and misunderstanding between those who experience different levels of empathy, and react to it differently. Also it does nothing to assimilate into society those who are empathy-deficient. These individuals would be persecuted and much more likely to act in violence in order to survive and secure basic needs.
>>
File: 2016-06-27-00-14-58-238341642.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-27-00-14-58-238341642.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>79292286
>Self interest should prevail in every instance
>>
>>79293574
And yet those third world countries are highly religious
>>
File: tumblr_m9u9u7U6C51qhn1d8.jpg (66 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9u9u7U6C51qhn1d8.jpg
66 KB, 500x333
>>79293778
thats not what i think

i think america WAS BLESSED at a time when there was a huge christian population

its only the modern era where america is starting to look secular

all the places used to close down on sundays now its only chick fil a

nobody wants to get married

etc

were reaping the benefits of something that will be gone very soon....

nobody is noble in their own right m8
and youll just have some peaceful modern world utopia

youre being protected supernaturally by god

in reality , your house would be invaded at night time and you could lose everything in 1 day
and your legs chopped off
>>
>>79293660
tribalism is an essential aspect of the human mind though. identity is based both on a sense of familiarity and opposition to someone else.

we all live in a "tribe", we all identify in something and without it we're usually lost and depressed.

morality and education are both hardwired in our brains and learned from our parents/society when we grow up. it's all about language, memes and lessons.

you don't need god to explain why you feel that something is right or wrong

you can't even ignore this feeling and act like a reckless cunt without repercussions on your mind either

morality and spirituality and magic (as a science of language) are all part of the greatest mystery that is humankind
>>
>>79293771
It will die out when people stop believing in a sky fairy. Never.

That said, stupid people do actually need religion. I've spent some time thinking on this decided that the intelligent will always need to use religion to keep the dumbasses from becoming complete animals.

This is why we can't let liberal faggots ruin Christianity. The New Testament is a far superior religion to any of the others as far as instilling morals.
>>
>>79293987
>There is no objective morality.
Then what did you mean when you said some people are moral, you idiot?

>Even if there was, it would have nothing to do with god.
How's your first year of college going
>>
File: 1364000283001.jpg (38 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
1364000283001.jpg
38 KB, 300x423
>>79291287

Communism means being judged by limp-wristed Kikes, and taking orders from ugly Women. Pretty much every God is against being bossed about by inferiors.
>>
File: 1466742496338.jpg (126 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1466742496338.jpg
126 KB, 960x540
>>79293861
>>
>>79294245
You can THINK what you want, but what you THINK is not necessarily TRUE.

Here in the real world, pretty much everything in your post is bullshit.You are wrong about the nature of the developing world, wrong about the nature of the U.S. in the past, and wrong about the nature of the U.S. in the present. Literally everything you've said in this post is simply you repeating a false narrative that you heard from someone else, not a reflection of any circumstances that exist in reality.

You really need to fucking learn something about the world around you, you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>79294151
Yes, humans are vastly different from each other. That's not anything specific to empathy, that's a problem that humanity has in all aspects of life and it's something that isn't made any better under religion. You will always have extremists on both sides, either too much empathy or not enough empathy in this case.
>>
>>79291287
1) Human connections. Nobody wants anything to do with you if you're a violent lunatic.
2) Laws of society. I don't want to spend years of my life in jail.
3) There is a very basic moral fiber that is inherent to us. I was not raised with any religion whatsoever and I abhorr the idea of harming other people and animals just for laughs.
>>
>>79291287
In the absense of God, why be habitual?

Basically: don't fix what ain't broken. Keep doing what works until it doesn't and you need to revisit it.

Morals = Habits Bad habits become bad character becomes bad destiny. Good habits become good character becomes good destiny.
>>
Because i dont wanna get fucked over because i was being a prick
>>
>>79293330
this is a first
what is right and wrong has to do with one's empathy and upbringing
> everyone is right
ok
>>
>>79294530
It is only a problem if systemic solutions ignore this fact in order to enforce golden standard.
>>
>>79294544
what.
how is doing something like fucking some dudes wife a bad habit. nothing bad will come of it. in fact you only benefit. the real world is shit. deal with it.
>>
>>79294360
>Then what did you mean when you said some people are moral, you idiot?
Morality is primarily concerned with the distinction between right and wrong. Therefore most people are moral whether you want to admit it or not. They may do some things that you view as being "wrong", but that doesn't make their morality inherently incorrect. On the other hand, even people who do things that you consider "wrong" most certainly agree with you on other matters of morality, meaning that even disagreements on the issue do not automatically exclude two people from considering each other moral. In other words, it's not fucking black-and-white like you idiots seem to think it is.

>How's your first year of college going
What a retarded "argument". Kill yourself.
>>
>>79294544
Will add that habits should be judged by their fruits.
>>
>>79294170
catholic not christian

high christian countries are blessed

>>79294497
it sounds like you are the one who has been protected and influenced by your peers in college or where ever.

i came up with these thoughts independently and then the bible reconfirmed it all proving its truthfulness

you like the way your life is going thats why it seems like all is good in the world

some people are living homeless and in total misery right now
>>
I don't want to get robbed. I can also relate to other people who don't want to get robbed. If people stopped recognizing robbery as morally wrong, then i could go out and rob someone but someone else could rob me as well. But nobody want that to happen to them. Therefore, for the interest of self preservation, society accepts that robbery is wrong.
>>
>>79291287

You need to read your Evola, my dude.
>>
>>79291287
because Ill kill you if you're not
>>
>>79294544
kek has spoken
>>
>>79294729
Maybe there IS nothing wrong with fucking a dude's wife. What do you care for that dude? Maybe you really like his wife.

Then again maybe the dude kicks your ass or worse, and maybe the wife is a cheating whore.

Judge by fruits.
>>
>>79294550
superstitious people incorrectly call this "karma"
>>
>>79291287
Mutual benefit.
You see, you brain does a little risk vs reward equation for everything you do. If tge reward outweighs the risk, then your brain gives it the green light. Quite simply, helping yourself out is the reason to be moral.
>>
>>79294810
ownership is a stupid fucking concept logically anyway
>>
>>79294882
what fruit? i am busting nuts
>>
>>79294729
I guess that depends on you personally. I'm an atheist but I still wouldn't fuck some dude's wife if he seemed like an even remotely decent dude. If he was an asshole then sure, I'd fuck his wife, but if he isn't an asshole then I would feel bad about ruining his marriage so I wouldn't.

Call it irrational, but a lot of human consciousness is irrational. Feelings and virtues still win out even when there is no god.
>>
>>79294559
Exactly. Everyone is right>Every religion is right>Everyone disagrees.

God didn't tell anybody anything about right and wrong so they all had to make it up.
>>
>>79294781
Holy fuck the amount of stupid in this post is unreal. I don't even know where to begin.

Here's a tip: LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE REAL WORLD, FUCKFACE.
>>
>>79294915
It's a practical concept. Commie.
>>
>>79294980
Results. Was stealing metaphors.
>>
>>79292326
>Falling for the empathy meme
>>
>>79291287
>In the absence of a God, why be moral?
>Implying Lord KEK is not with us all the time.

Fucking Atheist.
>>
>>79295042
But you are a flawed human. If you want to fuck his wife, I guarantee she will have you convinced he is the worst bastard on Earth within five minutes of talking to her. You know how many married women I've made cum via the internet? Probably five or more. That's what happens when you don't adhere to an unwavering moral code.
>>
>>79295275
if he isnt sexually satisfying her he is an asshole
also they made themselves cum
>>
There's no objective reason to be moral. It's purely subjective, and your decision. Of course, being respected as a good person makes it easier to get what you want.
>>
>>79294771
>In other words, it's not fucking black-and-white like you idiots seem to think it is.
And if that's true, then you can never actually determine with any certainty what is moral or not.

I believe it's moral for me to rape and murder you. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>79295441
I'll have you know that the mind is the most erogenous zone on a woman's body. They didn't tell themselves they were going to be raped up the ass while I choked them until they pass out for being a perverted bitch.
>>
>>79291287

If God is all-powerful, then he cannot be all good. If he is all good, then he cannot be all-powerful.
>>
>>79295495
>I believe it's moral for me to rape and murder you
You live within a society with a consensus that rape and murder are immoral. If you do not agree with that consensus, then you are not welcome in our society. Breaking that consensus by committing rape and murder WILL result in the loss of your freedom or even your life depending on the state.
>>
>>79291287

If there is nothing coming after then what we do now is all that matters.
>>
>>79295495
Right that's Islam. Rape women and kill apostates. It's moral because it's what Allah wants.

So therefore, anything can be moral. That's subjective.
>>
>>79295686
If god is a woman then female leaders are weak.
>>
>>79295236
Ever notice how angry those who haven't witnessed the GETs of our lord are all the time?
I wonder where the frustration stems from. It can't have anything to do with knowing they are lost. They are stronk self-determining tadpoles who don't need no KEK.
>>
>>79291287
But Kek is real
>>
>>79295694
Not true. That consensus is changing as Islam is being favored over Judeo-Christian values. Rapists are getting away with it and victims are even being blamed in some cases.
>>
>>79295694
None of those things prove that rape or murder are moral/immoral.
>>
>>79291287
>Eye for an eye is not a thing

I am moving my head from left to right repeatedly, to be frank, my friend
>>
>>79295601
>I'll have you know that the mind is the most erogenous zone on a woman's body.
no her cunt is
>>
>>79295979
As I said, morality is based on consensus within a community/society, not some overarching universal truth.

>>79295944
Oh please. Cry about it some more, you hysterical faggot. You don't think people don't make excuses for blonde-haired, blue-eyed rapists? It has nothing to do with Islam at all, you dumb fuck. It has more to do with misogyny and toxic masculinity.
>>
File: tumblr_nfp5k9TK4u1qitdj1o1_1280.jpg (872 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfp5k9TK4u1qitdj1o1_1280.jpg
872 KB, 998x1500
>>79296120
>atheist quotes the old testament
>>
>>79291287
Because I have my race and my family to look after. You think just cause I don't believe in Jew book of lies I won't care for my fellow neighbour or friend

Infact since I'm not Christian I'm against refugees and Abo rights but if I was Christian I would be for them. Reminder to sage the slide thread
>>
>>79296238
>old testament
Holy fuck you ignorant piece of shit. Eye for an eye goes back to Hammurabi, not the old testament.
>>
>>79296202
>As I said, morality is based on consensus within a community/society, not some overarching universal truth.
You're free to feel that way, but that doesn't make it right.
>>
File: tumblr_ngd715Dq9j1qitdj1o7_1280.jpg (204 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngd715Dq9j1qitdj1o7_1280.jpg
204 KB, 1280x853
>>79296352
so worship hammurabi

where does his spiritual guidance come from

oh wait hes just making it up like every atheist does
>>
>>79295275
I'm not going to fuck the woman based off of her description of her husband. Obviously if she's trying to convince me she's going to bullshit me about her husband. I would have to see the guy in person to know if he's a legit asshole or not. I'm not going to just fuck her. If I miss out on pussy because of my own morals or ethics, then so be it. It's easy to get pussy while upholding my morals in the modern world, I don't need hers.
>>
If morals come from god, morality is arbitrary. Moral propositions have no value because moral statements are merely propositional. I.e. if god says torturing babies is morally right, then it is. If god wouldn't say that, or god didn't say that, because he knows torturing babies is wrong, then there is some preceding standard of morality that determines what god says is right or wrong. In the latter case, you have to concede god isn't necessary for morality. In the former case, moral propositions are no different from random propositions, and so aren't what most people mean when they talk about morality.
>>
File: 1453314369960.jpg (166 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1453314369960.jpg
166 KB, 1440x900
>>79291287
>pic
>>
>>79291287
Look at niggers then at their achievements.
>>
>>79296540
The reality of the world we live in shows that it is true. Your narrative of a universal morality handed down by god is a false narrative with no basis in reality.

>>79296545
Hammurabi wasn't a god, he was a leader. His code was a secular one, based on a consensus within a community/society, not some magical sky daddy. Once again reality disproves your delusions.
>>
>>79296562
So meeting the guy before you fuck his wife makes you feel morally superior about it?

Tell me why you need to feel morally justified to fuck another man's wife? This seems entirely arbitrary and selfish. Why not just take the shortcut and fuck his wife without all the inefficient moral gymnastics?
>>
File: tumblr_mcb73he5SZ1qhn1d8.jpg (78 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcb73he5SZ1qhn1d8.jpg
78 KB, 500x333
>>79296847
>based on a consensus within a community/society

what is someone in the community deviates from the consensus after a few years and wants to go out at night and dump some radioactive waste into the public drinking water

no more consensus anymore theyre all dead the next morning
>>
>>79296290
>if I was Christian I would be for them

bullshit u dumb commie SJW cuck jew
Jesus je Redpill.Jesus loves hitler, /pol/ and second amendment
>>
>>79296847
He got the code from a "god" but not actually God, just an imposter whom he believed to be God. Same with Abrahim, same with Juhammad.
>>
>>79291287
If you can survive the fallout be as immoral as you like bitch
>>
>>79296995
Then it would be considered immoral while everybody died. What is your point there?
>>
>>79292923
This is easily identifiable in that companies with better Customer service do better
>>
>>79296995
That is not an argument. First of all, it could happen in a religious community, too. Religion isn't immune to deviant behavior. Second of all, one person breaking the consensus does not mean that there is "no consensus anymore." It means deviation from the norm has occurred, and will be punished according to the norms of the society it took place in.
>>
>>79296995
Then that man is clearly God and the source of all objective morality, because only might makes right.
>>
>>79297035
He didn't get it from any god or anything that could be considered a god.
>>
>>79297089
This, but you should be aware that you probably can't. Do whatever suits you the best.
>>
>Not to endanger your peers and not to endanger yourself by their wrath
>To form a stable, prosperous society
>Because it feels right
>To hold respect
>>
File: tumblr_ngd73x92ew1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg (164 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngd73x92ew1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg
164 KB, 1280x853
>>79297091
>>79297169

considered immoral is not good enough

it has to actually BE immoral for it to mean anything

or else the human existence is just the same thing over and over and over, failed experiments because theres nothing ordained to be and its destined to fail

when i see something wrong i can go back to scripture and say "ya, thats wrong." and it makes god of the universe happy
>>
>>79297394
>or else the human existence is just the same thing over and over and over, failed experiments because theres nothing ordained to be
Uh, well, YEAH. DUH. That's what human civilization fucking is.
>>
>>79296614
>If morals come from god, morality is arbitrary.

Nonsensical logic there. We don't know why God's goodness is the way that it is. Perhaps he has a good reason to design torturing babies as wrong.

We don't know why various fundamental numbers of the universe are what they are. Doesn't mean they are arbitrary and random.
>>
>>79297394
>or else the human existence is just the same thing over and over and over, failed experiments because theres nothing ordained to be and its destined to fail
Trial and error is literally evolution tho
>>
>>79297394
If you think that secular humanism is bullshit, go to Saudi Arabia, there people follow God's morals
>>
File: tumblr_neittkoxPE1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg (317 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neittkoxPE1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg
317 KB, 1000x1500
>>79297682
>Trial and error is literally evolution tho

nobody ever learns anything, new human beings are arisen who are unlearned and ignorant children who need full time well educated loving parents dead locked on teaching them everything

it will always be beneficial to steal if you can get away with it

god is the only one who can see the people who "got away with" the crimes they commit
>>
>>79296290
>Infact since I'm not Christian I'm against refugees and Abo rights but if I was Christian I would be for them.

Nations are biblical. Borders are biblical. In fact, God in the old testament uses "strangers in the land" to punish nations for their sins, right next to the locusts and plagues.

The fact that leftism takes over every religion and parades a false version of them, like a Frankenstein monster, doesn't mean the actual religion is like that.
>>
>>79291287
For the good of the community, and dignity
>>
>>79297394
but it is the same thing over and over again
go read some ancient literature
they were complaining that women are whores and society is degenerating and morals are fading, basically everything /pol/ whinges about way back in 400 BC
>>
>>79295044
> everyone is right
> guy 1 thinks guy 2 is wrong
done
>>
File: tumblr_neitx9bRFe1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg (144 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neitx9bRFe1qitdj1o2_1280.jpg
144 KB, 1280x960
>>79297780
allah is satan m8

thats the devil christianity is the complete opposite of islam lol

>>79297926
>but it is the same thing over and over again
ok and thats very bad that means you will have gulags and gas chambers perpetually for all eternity once the society degenerates enough

i dont know why you are defending that as if its a good thing
>>
>>79292251
Because being a cunt is funny.
>>
>>79298072
because i am a godless degenrate with no morals who loves life
>>
WHAT'S TO STOP ME FROM BECOMING A GOD
>>
>>79297679
>Perhaps he has a good reason to design torturing babies as wrong
Perhaps he has a good reason to design torturing babies as right. But at the end this is all just mental masturbation, we can understand why torturing babies is wrong and it is because it fucks up with our chances of survival.

Like it or not, that's all that matters, for the individuals and consequently for the set of behaviors we refer to as morality.

>>79297846
Nature doesn't give a shit about crimes, it's a human invention. What makes you think there should be a transcendental arbiter to fulfill our fantasies of cosmic justice?
>>
>>79298232
You are not godless lad, kek is with all of us.
>>
>>79298261
idk i call myself god
i think i got the idea from kanye
>>
>>79297679
>Perhaps he has a good reason
then that reason would be what we would call morality, which I mention a few sentences later. If it's good just because god says so, it's arbitrary. Universal constants are completely arbitrary, but they may not be random in the sense that some combination of constants might be necessary for the universe to exist for the period of time that it has.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>79298354
i like this book it speaks to me.
i couldnt read the bible cover to cover it like burnt.
i had an affinity for this though.
>>
File: 1464411570671.png (122 KB, 288x317) Image search: [Google]
1464411570671.png
122 KB, 288x317
>>79298072
>This is what retards actually believe
>>
File: tumblr_ngd66gfw9B1qitdj1o5_1280.jpg (431 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngd66gfw9B1qitdj1o5_1280.jpg
431 KB, 1280x1920
>>79298264
>Nature doesn't give a shit about crimes, it's a human invention.

Which tells us that you intend to commit crimes or support the existence of criminals in society which means you are dangerous heathen

Which is why god set up the laws of the universe so we can be protected

When you are the one doing the crime it might feel good until its your turn to get raped
>>
>>79291287
Lol, as if a god would make me moral
Fuck all of those skyniggers
>>
>>79298729
SKYKANGZ DINDU NUFFIN
>>
Morals are what a society agrees upon to be right/wrong, not religion.
>>
>>79291287
why not?
if god isn't real, or isn't what people make him out to be, what will you have lost or missed by being moral?
>>79292323
humans did that for a while, then they evolved.
>>
>>79298920
Morals are what a society enforces or allows to happen, not what they agree on.
>>
>>79299056
no we just instilled the fear of retribution in people
if i can 100% get away with a crime that benefits me i will do it
>>
>>79291287
It's just a phase son, God is real.
>>
>>79298264
>we can understand why torturing babies is wrong and it is because it fucks up with our chances of survival.

That doesn't explain why it is wrong. Why is survival of humanity important? And what if the baby wasn't important for the survival of humanity?

You can't get morality without theology. Except possibly in an incomplete form as a game theory strategy http://jim.com/rights.html
>>
>>79296662
Pretty good.
>>
>>79297679
We know why God is good cuz its axum of truff m8

>>79297847
>Christianity is what I believe it is

>>79298072
>christianity is the complete opposite of islam lol

No, read pre-humanist revoltion European law, no different than what the Arabs do today.Muslims never had one, they still get their morals from a primitive book, they still live in the middle ages, that is why they are such savages.

>Before the 20th century, adultery was often punished harshly. In Scandinavia, in the 17th century, adultery and bigamy were subject to the death penalty, although few people were actually executed.[126] Examples of women who have been executed for adultery in Medieval and Early Modern Europe include Maria of Brabant, Duchess of Bavaria (in 1256), Agnese Visconti (in 1391), Beatrice Lascaris di Tenda (in 1418), Anne Boleyn (in 1536), and Catherine Howard (in 1542). The enforcement of adultery laws varied by jurisdiction. In England, the last execution for adultery is believed to have taken place in 1654, when a woman named Susan Bounty was hanged.[127]
White people made Christ their bitch.

Literally sandnigger tier.

>For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
If you end up with an edgy teenage kid that one day says something rude to you, will you kill him?Jesus says, forgive but don't forgive you're sons and daughters if they fuck it up.Amazing moral guidance.
>>
>>79300312
>>Christianity is what I believe it is

Christianity is what plain scripture tells. Deviation from that is heresy.

If you want to see real Christianity, look up the hate preacher Pastor Anderson.
>>
>>79291287
because fuck you.

do you want your shit stolen? no, right? then don't steal people's shit. it's pretty simple desuuuuu
>>
>>79291287
>Only being good as a consequence for reward or punishment
Not true morality
>>
>>79299950
You can't be moral if you're dead, bro.

Therefore, the survival of humanity is important because it's a precondition for the survival of morality itself.

And that from a purely abstract perspective, as in morality removed from it's biological context. In reality, morals are nothing but interpretations of facts about human behavior, there is no "importance" independent from what allows the subject of these interpretations of phenomena to exist.
>>
File: 1415336042636.jpg (493 KB, 700x920) Image search: [Google]
1415336042636.jpg
493 KB, 700x920
>>79300434
pastor anderson is pretty based i wish ihad a pastor like that to go to

very knowledgeable on everything if you watch his sermons you can learn alot

calling gay people gay isnt bad

lol
>>
>>79300312
>If you end up with an edgy teenage kid that one day says something rude to you, will you kill him?

What are you talking about? These are laws. It is legal authorities that are supposed to kill disobediant children, homosexuals, and so on, with proper due process. No parent should ever be asked to kill their own child. That isn't what the book is saying.
>>
>>79300312
>If you end up with an edgy teenage kid that one day says something rude to you, will you kill him?
That's not what that quote means, it literally means honoring by honoring the genes by not racemixing and being a whore, it's godspeak for "burn the coal, pay the toll"
And it's right.
>>
>>79292323
Because if you touch the wrong mans property/woman/fuck with his shit he will hunt you down and force feed you your intestines you autistic piece of trash.

We need to reming people that some men are not to be fucked with.
Like that british guy a few months ago, his wife decided to burn coal and then mock him with it.
He beheaded her and smashed her skull into pieces and flushed it down the toilet.

Consequences exist.
The legal system is for things that don't deserve death.
Wrath is a trait that many men possess.
>>
>>79300612
>Therefore, the survival of humanity is important because it's a precondition for the survival of morality itself.

You are attempting to derive objective morals, meaning morals that are true whether we exist or not, just as the way 2+4 is true whether or not people believe in it.

In which case, it was clearly true that we should all die, would be true even after we stop existing.
>>
>>79300491
This is morality based on utilitarianism, which is subjective morality, sure you don't benefit from getting your shit stolen but the criminal does and vice versa.

So can we say that what the criminal did was less utilitarian?
can we therefore say that it was less moral?

Unless we hold morality to some standard we don't get anywhere, so let's say that you shouldn't steal because it's antithetical to a prosperous society/civilization
then 'society' takes the place of god in this regard and we come full circle.
>>
>>79291287
When you consider doing something naughty and decide against it your first thought isn't "better not, God might get mad". When you see someone else do a bad thing your reaction isn't "Hey buddy you're making God testy!" Next time you find yourself in one of these situations try to remember what it is that really keeps you a moral person.
>>
>>79301310
I'm just working with your argument. There's no such a thing as morals that are true whether we exist or not, because morals are a product of human interactions.

Unless we're talking about aspects of natural selection when we say objective morality. Then again, it wouldn't be accurate to call them morals as much as they are imperatives of evolution.
>>
>>79300879
couldn't be more deluded.
You're like a wiwuzian nigger that sees melanin references in everything.
Even madman Anderson isn't against race mixing.You're probably baiting.

>>79300811
The book literally says that, Jesus was referencing Exodus
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Exodus-Chapter-21/
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-15/

>And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
>And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
>>
>>79301644
>When you consider doing something naughty and decide against it your first thought isn't "better not, God might get mad".
yeah it is.
if there's no possibility of getting caught, and 'something naughty' will benefit me, then there's no reason not to do it.
but God is always watching and expects better of me.

it's more "better not, this is immoral" than "better not, god might get mad" though, but that basically means the exact same thing in my worldview.
>>
>>79301644
>When you consider doing something naughty and decide against it your first thought isn't "better not, God might get mad".

But you will come across situations where self interest conflicts with what you think is good.

If good and evil are subjective evolutionary biproducts, societal constructs or whatever, it becomes very easy to play the Nietchze superman in those situations, to serve yourself, by adjusting your logical views, which eventually changes your emotional reactions.

If good and evil are solid objective facts, then you will probably want to pursue good for the sake of good. But it is mighty to hard to see morality as objective without God existing.

So belief in God ends up impacting how we act.
>>
>>79291287
We got smart. We now know that our lives are but a drip in the giant lake of human existence.

Our role in society is to better it.

The reason you have luxuries like the internet is because good people worked hard to create these things.

If you think it's ok to be bad, you are just dumb.
>>
>>79302370
>madman Anderson
Literally who? I can't be bothered to remember the name of a cuck, they aren't in the book.

Tell me, do edgy teenagers make it in life?
>>
>>79302370
>The book literally says that, Jesus was referencing Exodus

Yes, but my whole point is that these are laws for the legal authorities to enact, as is entirely obvious from the context, if you would read the chapter instead of a single line.

The first line of Exodus 21 in KJV writes "Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them". In modern translations, "judgements" refers to "laws".

Exodus 21 provides legal rules to the nation of Isreal. Enforcement of these rules comes from the authorities.
>>
>>79302979

He's an American baptist who preaches against Jews (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=typ2pl2L47k) and sodomites (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVH1tWwIm0) and other hilarious things.

His sermons end up surrounded by 200 police and metal detectors because the sodomites want to murder him.
>>
>>79303386
Well he needs to educate himself on racemixing/adultery/cuckoldry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaism
>>
>>79291287
Because the immoral are little more than human refuse.
>>
>>79291287
Christian morality is collectivist cancer.

William Gayley Simpson's Which Way Western Man?,

"The other apostates I have mentioned, and many that are now forgotten, together with almost all of the anti-Christians of recent centuries, exemplify the operation of what may be called the law of cultural residues. In all civilized societies, when a long-established and generally accepted belief is found to be incredible, good minds abandon it, but they commonly retain derivative beliefs that were originally deduced from the creed they have rejected and logically must depend on it. Thus it happened that modern enemies of Christianity rejected the mythology, but uncritically retained faith in the social and ethical superstitions derived from it — a faith which they oddly call rational but hold with a religious fervor."

"They laugh at the silly story about Adam and his spare rib, but they continue to believe in a "human race" descended from a single pair of ancestors and hence in a "brotherhood of man." They speak of "all mankind," giving to the term an unctuous and mystic meaning with which they do not invest corresponding terms, such as "all marsupials" or "all ungulates." They prate about the "rights of man," although a moment's thought should suffice to show that, in the absence of a decree from a supernatural monarch, there can be no rights other than those which the citizens of a stable and homogeneous society have, by covenant or established custom, bestowed on themselves; and that while the citizens may show kindness to aliens, slaves, and dogs, such beings obviously can have no rights."
>>
>>79291287
>>79303858
"They do not believe that one-third of a god became incarnate in the most squalid region on earth to associate with illiterate peasants, harangue the rabble of a barbarian race, and magically exalt the ignorant and uncouth to "make folly of the wisdom of this world," so that "the last shall be first" — that they do not believe, but they cling to the morbid hatred of superiority that makes Christians dote on whatever is lowly, inferior, irrational, debased, deformed, and degenerate."

"They gabble about the 'sanctity of human life' — especially the vilest forms of it — without reflecting that it takes a god creator to make something sacred. And they frantically agitate for a universal "equality" that can be attained only by reducing all human beings to the level of the lowest, evidently unaware that they are merely echoing the Christians' oft-expressed yearning to become sheep (the most stupid of all mammals) herded by a good shepherd, which is implicit in all the tales of the New Testament, although most bluntly expressed in another gospel, which reports Jesus as promising that after he has tortured and butchered the more civilized populations of the earth, there will be a Resurrection, and his ovine pets will pop out of their graves, all of the same age, all of the same sex, all of the same stature, and all having indistinguishable features, so that they will be as identical as the bees in a swarm."
>>
>>79303513
>racemixing/adultery/cuckoldry.

He argues the death penalty for adultery
>>
>>79291287
>>79303858
>>79303916
"Although the "Liberal" and Marxist cults have doctrinal differences as great as those that separate Lutherans from Baptists, they are basically the same superstition, and whether or not we should call them religions depends on whether we restrict the word to belief in supernatural persons or extend it to include all forms of blind faith based on emotional excitement instead of observed facts and reason. When those "atheistic" cults scream out their hatred of "Fascists" and "Nazis," they obviously must believe that those wicked persons are possessed of the Devil and should therefore be converted or exterminated to promote holiness and love. And when they see "racists," who impiously substitute fact and reason for unthinking faith in approved fairy stories, their lust to extirpate evil is as great as that of the Christian mob that dragged the fair and too intelligent Hypatia from her carriage and lovingly used oyster shells to scrape the flesh from her bones while she was still alive."

"With very few exceptions, the anti-Christians, no doubt unwittingly, retained in their minds a large part of Christian doctrine, and they even revived the most poisonous elements of the primitive Bolshevism of Antiquity, which had been attenuated or held in abeyance by the established churches in the great days of Christendom. And today, professed atheists do not think it odd that, on all social questions, they are in substantial agreement with the howling dervishes and evangelical shamans who, subsidized with lavish publicity by the Organized Jewry who control the boob-tubes and other means of communication, greedily participate in the current drive to reduce Americans to total imbecility with every kind of irrational hoax."
>>
>>79291287
Because I am not a degenerate.
>>
>>79291287
Because it makes me happy. I like feeling good and I do good to feel good.
>>
>>79296662
ok, but what is good?
>>
>>79291287
feels good man
>>
>>79296662
>- re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
haha they've been called out so many times on this quote being bullshit, but liked it so much that they had to save face and say it's a reinterpretation so they can keep using it.
that's gold.
>>
>>79304585
Stoics wouldn't give a shit about being 'remembered' either

"Look at the minds of those who seek fame, observe what they are,
and what kind of things they avoid, and what kind of things they pursue.
And consider that as the heaps of sand piled on one another hide the former sands,
so in life the events which go before are soon covered by those which come after."
>>
>>79303045
how does that negate the fact that God wants rebellious children dead?Everything he says is law and he wants the nation to be ruled by it, just like how muslims have sharia.The law is dogma, not an optional philosophical concept.Every person that want to get God's grace has to live life according to those laws:circumcision, not being able to wear clothes of wool and linen woven together etc.It ain't improv jazz.
>>
>>79305553
you don't know who Leviticus was written for do you? And you don't know what the difference between civil law and moral law do you?
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.