[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel no relation to Hispanic culture at all as a Cuban-American?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1438030035827.jpg (181 KB, 2007x1357) Image search: [Google]
1438030035827.jpg
181 KB, 2007x1357
Why do I feel no relation to Hispanic culture at all as a Cuban-American? My family's heritage is entirely from northern Spain.

There's a "#GrowingUpHispanic" tag trending on twitter and I don't relate to any of this. My family never even spoke Spanish.
>>
>>79227001
Mexican retards feel the need to call themselves 'Hispanic" and shove it down our throat so the shit for brains drunken Irish "Race Realist" feel the need to view all hispanics are beaners.

The victims are not the fucking mexicans. The real victims here are the whiter hispanics who speak english and assimilate cause they have to share the word "Hispanic" with them and get the same racist backlash.
>>
>>79227001
Because just like being black being "Hispanic" has been subsumed and subverted into a purely leftist identity rather than having anything to do with the actual cultures or reality
>>
>>79227001
same with me
my spanish is trash
>>
I'm Dominican and Puerto Rican currently in Puerto Rico and I love it here. I think it depends on your family. My family's culture is rich and we aren't the stereotypical Hispanic family either.
>>
>>79227001
that's because you are a American of Cuban descent not a Cuban-American

and yes there's a difference
>>
File: Bill Cosby confused.png (226 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
Bill Cosby confused.png
226 KB, 500x385
>>79229616
>currently in Puerto Rico
>American flag
>>
>>79227001

I feel the same way

I can sort of understand Spanish but I can't speak it at all
>>
Our culture is about being uneducated and not working because muh siesta
>>
>>79227001
I'm Hispanic/Latino/whatever and feel the same way.

I don't speak Spanish and I feel quite distant from Latin American culture in general.

I have nothing against the culture. I simply don't identify with it.

>>79231235
Kek.
>>
>>79230174
Puerto rico is an american territory. You can go there without a passport I think.
>>
>>79232419
>>79230174
He's right. Idk why the Puerto Rican flag isn't showing though but I'm from America on vacation in Puerto Rico
>>
i grew up watching so much cable tv that it turned me into a tan white guy. don't speak spanish, don't care about anything like that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.