[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millenials that are TRYING thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 16
File: 1466654630945.jpg (218 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1466654630945.jpg
218 KB, 792x792
>interview today
>I guess you can call it inside sales

I haven't been to an interview like this in years (and I was awful the first time because I was younger and inexperienced). I was brutally honest about my personality (and I'm not calling myself a type A) and sent in a resume that doesn't necessarily reflect their experience requirements. I know these interviews are basically a communication and personality test but I need the one grand tip there is that makes employers go "this is our guy".
>>
Masturbatory bump
>>
>>79059558
Can someone take this pic into photoshop and clean it up, I really like it
>>
>>79059558
There isn't one. That's what you need to get inside your head: You're just another face in the crowd.
>>
not politics, enjoy your ban
>>
>>79059558
Certainly trying my patience
>>
>>79061790
I used the word "Millenials" it's fine
>>
I went for an interview yesterday and stammered like an autist. But at the end he had me email three references. Surely if I fucked myself in the interview he wouldn't ask that, right?
>>
>>79065510
Not even joking; sometimes we use the references of really awful interviewees as sales referrals. What I mean is we think "wow, that guy was awful! I bet we could provide these previous employers with better employees at a premium."

So bad you're part of a sales pitch anon
>>
>>79066260
Not at all like that, was straight up and said they aren't past employers, I had one job before this. They are more character witnesses, he said that was fine and to send them anyway.
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>tfw 24
>never held a job or even had an interview

Probably will an hero if I'm still like this and a virgin in a few years
>>
interviews are like dating, you will fuck up alot. Sometimes for inane reasons like what color dress shirt you came in with or the font size of your resume. Just keep a positive attitude, and be willing to do shit. Don't act stuck up and manage to keep a professional yet relaxing aura around you. EYE CONTACT, BACK STRAIGHT, DON'T RUB YOUR HANDS ON YOUR FACE. THAT INCLUDES LOOKING AT THE WOMEN DIRECTLY WHEN SPEAKING TO HER.
>>
File: 1466788230479.png (359 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466788230479.png
359 KB, 640x480
You aren't going to get the job and you'll kill yourself after. Faggot.
>>
File: 1466975486434.jpg (159 KB, 703x733) Image search: [Google]
1466975486434.jpg
159 KB, 703x733
>>79066839
>LOOKING AT THE WOMEN DIRECTLY

Listen anon, if you are interviewing with your potential boss and it possesses a vagina, do yourself a favor and walk out. Female bosses are fucking cancerous micromanagers.
>>
File: hanashi.png (228 KB, 414x460) Image search: [Google]
hanashi.png
228 KB, 414x460
>>79059558

If you just kill yourself you won't need a job anymore
>>
>>79066469
Just being nice then, that or it's a shitty entry level/retail job and they don't care.
>>
File: 20160609_050648.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160609_050648.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hope it works out for all that are trying at getting decent jobs/careers. Don't be like me and end up working for Walmart for the rest of your life because no GED and overall indecision. I'm already too old to start at the absolute bottom and i still don't know what I want to do while already in my 30s.
>>
Got a comfy 50k a year job in Texas where the cost of living is really low.

Fell for the college med school meme, worked at a few bars after graduating and decided I was going to adapt to what my city wanted (IT stuff), got a couple of certifications and six months later got hired on.

Even have enough money for hobbies like lapidary and carpentry.
>>
>>79068087
it's never too late, a few years ago a 60 year old man managed to get a degree in law and became a lawyer it was all over the news
>>
>>79066613
>>79066613
Maybe you should take some time each day to do something that will improve your situation in the long term.
>>
>>79059558
I am going to give you the same advice that I gave my 3 sons.

Phone interview stage
1) When they make first contact over the phone be confident, advise them that you are excited to start in a field where even though you have no experience you are willing to learn.
2) Always have a story on hand that you can relate to the current job, HR love it when you go "Oh the reason I am applying for this job is because this happened and I enjoyed that experience and I believe it will relate across into this job."
3) If you are mass applying for jobs maintain a list on which jobs you have applied for and what each role entails, do research beforehand, if you have applied to be a salesman in a company, find out what product they are selling as well as what their demographic is so when talking to the interviewer you can go "While I can connect with all age groups when in conversation I find the easiest group to get along with is XYZ". It give the impression that you know what you are talking about.

Office interviews.
1) APPEARANCE IS EVERYTHING! You are always judged on first contact and if you fail that then it is an uphill battle, Start preparing for an interview the day before, have your clothes washed and ironed and hung up to avoid creases, 2 hours before the interview go for a shower and do a full cleanse, this means washing your hair, shaving so you have no stubble, you want the job, you must look perfect for it regardless of how mundane it is.
2) FIRM HANDSHAKE! I can not stress this enough, do not shake someone elses hand like a limp wristed faggot or try to crush their hand like you are some roid pushing faggot, your grip should be firm, many male HR reps will judge you on handshake alone.
3) PROJECT CONFIDENCE! Even if you aren't you should not let it show, practice being confident and eventually you will be.
4) BE PUNCTUAL! Arrive 15 minutes early every single time, employers notice it, trust me.
>>
File: 1467127482956.png (14 KB, 459x321) Image search: [Google]
1467127482956.png
14 KB, 459x321
>>79068087
>Working at Walmart
A fate worse then working in fast food for the rest of your life.
>>
>>79074997
I do all of that and it doesn't make any difference. Maybe things are different in Australia, but here in America - especially if you live in a high school suburb - thanks to affirmative action, overinflated minimum wage, and there being a surplus of workers - good job getting anything without a degree or specialized degree in bullshit like dishwashing.
>>
File: 1466305661387.jpg (133 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466305661387.jpg
133 KB, 735x1000
>>79068087
You should approach that cute girl sitting by her lonesome!! She looks like she could use some company! :3
>>
File: arguments.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
arguments.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>79059558
This is actually pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yI_WClCDiE
>>
File: art.jpg (3 MB, 3701x2868) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
3 MB, 3701x2868
>>79079711
>>79079711
I'm assuming people are watch not posting so bumping
>>
If you're autistic just get SO good at a skill (and gpa if you're in college) that you'll get hired even if you're an autist. I had no problem getting an 80k stem job with my EE degree
>>
>>79079711
bretty good
>>
File: 1431386647533.jpg (13 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1431386647533.jpg
13 KB, 300x196
>NEETfag
>/fit/ tho
>afraid of losing my precious gains when i get full time work
>>
Know what you want and take what you need :)
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 242x208
>>79059558
Just tell them your greatest weakness is that you are a perfectionist.

Works every time
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 505x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 505x550
>>79083817
>tfw I lost all my gains when I started full-time work
>went from Adonis to Adobese in one fucking year
>>
File: ugh.jpg (45 KB, 448x556) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
45 KB, 448x556
>>79067280
The eight, $200+, patio-table umbrellas my boss ordered came in today. They are not compatible with the patio tables we currently have.
>>
>>79059558
You motherfuckers need to study up how to write a resume and a COVER LETTER. I'm sitting in a parking lot right now about to go into an interview in 30 minutes (why I clicked this thread). I just got out of the Army and went through a resume class. Learned a lot of shit.

Structure your resume for what the company/business writes in the job posting. Use language and words that they actually use. Go to their website. Check them out. Use it to your advantage. Show that you're capable of some individual action.

You want to seem confident (not like an asshole) smile, give quick answers, remember names. Don't seem like a suck up or a limp wristed pansy.
Dress for the job. Do some fucking grooming and hygiene.

Also, make sure your voicemail is set up. Kek, mine wasn't (new phone).
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 262x192
>be firstborn millennial
>just want to work in exchange for training instead becoming shackled to a giant debt cloud always looming over me while doing glorified homework
>disgusted by pleb millennials and humzas who get hired to deliver a half-assed performance
>have numerous references just because I craved even free work like a video game
>still no real skills
>formal schooling put my intellectual curiousity into a coma
>probably will need a masters to work in the sewers
>17 years of education and master of nothing. Cannot produce anything of value for the market with trivia knowledge from STEM meme
>everything these days requires government permission from installing a toilet in your own house or building a shed in the middle of nowhere
>income tax was sold has a minor levy on the richest, now it's an overcomplicated mess that punishes everyone for working
>taxes fucking everywhere. Idiot leftists who claim to be vanguard for the poor and middle class have no problem with 15 or even 20 percent consumption tax
>broken price mechanism in post-secondary education, health-care, and housing.

I'm not surprised young men are giving up on life. These sort of things don't happen frequently on a macro level by accident.
>>
File: 1466064333247.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
1466064333247.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>79066613

I just turned 26 and have no job experience, but now I'm finally attempting to aim for some job work and return to academia to finish education as a vet tech after having a breakdown earlier in the year. I have a feeling I'm pretty much fucked though, if nothing changes despite my efforts, then I'm planning on an-heroing myself within a year or two.

Or is it a case of too little too late, where I should just give up now so that I don't have to face the defeat of failing despite trying my hardest to remain diligent and positive?
>>
>>79059558

One they actually invite you for an interview, the face-to-face one is actually mostly to get to know you better personally, if you fit with the team.
If it's a hard job than they'll also go more into dept of the technical aspects.
>>
So many of you Milennials are experiencing now what we in Generation X went through. We had to fight the Boomers for everything when the Boomers were in their PRIME.

Their greed was so legendary then, now they are befuddled and old and retiring.
>>
>>79090171
That explains Shadowrun then.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.