[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad did the EU fuck over the Greek People?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: map_of_Greece.jpg (80 KB, 584x532) Image search: [Google]
map_of_Greece.jpg
80 KB, 584x532
How bad did the EU fuck over the Greek People?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>78947002
They made sure we bailed out the (((banks))) and didn't focus on development, like building factories.

Instead, european companies like Opel, Pirelli and what not have manufacturing departments in Roachland (turkey).

/thread
>>
Not at all. They fucked themselves with the worst economy management ever second only to Kirchner Argentina.
>>
>>78947167
(means fucked us pretty gud desu)
>>
>>78947002
Didn't they fuck themselves with something about retirement at 50 or something
>>
On a scale of one to ten Greece was a 1 in terms of actual development.

It had the education system, it had the spirit, it had the facade... But it didn't have the infrastructure or government to be a first world nation.

Then the EU let them join, destroyed what little industry they had, helped sustain their borrowing addiction, and is now foreclosing.

Greece had easily decades left to. Fix itself if it didn't join the EU. But since it did, it's no longer even valid to refer to it as a country. It's a German indentured slave colony.
>>
File: Pay Debt.webm (1 MB, 654x480) Image search: [Google]
Pay Debt.webm
1 MB, 654x480
>>78947374
It was lower than that I thought but that was a factor.
>>
Greece should never have been let into the EU. I was there just after it was allowed entry and it was such a backward 3rd world nation. Most of the south just left their house unfinished as some tax evasion scheme. Besides the port of Athens and Thessaloniki there seemed to be no evidence of industry.

Yes the EU shouldn't have come in a given a corrupt government a bunch of easy loans but that's pretty minor since Greece was already fucked.
>>
>>78947002
>How bad did the EU fuck over the Greek People?

Greeks fucked themselves over.

>Fudge economic stats to get onto Euro despite being totally unsuited to it
>Have fucking outrageously generous welfare and retirement and general government expenditure
>Crash
>Unable to take appropriate action due to Euro as currency
>Greeks refuse to elect any government that would take 1st essential step in recovery (leave the fucking Euro)
>Instead elect fucking Marxist retards who act like attention seeking student politicians before finally taking it up the ass again from Mutti Merkel
>>
>>78948605
I remember this, no roof on your house and you could dodge some kind of housing tax
>>
>>78948605
How tinfoil is it to suggest the EU let them in knowing they would fuck up?
>>
>>78947374
Yes. I heard once it was also given to make-up artists and such because, literally quoting what I heard: "It is a very tiresome job"

It's not the EU that fucked up Greece, at most they saved them from default by pumping in literal trucks of money. It's the opposite: Greece fucked up the EU.
>>
>>78947002
Time for Grexit?
>>
>>78949035
>leave the fucking euro

And default the very next day.
>>
>>78948605
Goldman Sachs helped them cook their books.
>>
File: Hellenic masterrace.png (46 KB, 1218x1573) Image search: [Google]
Hellenic masterrace.png
46 KB, 1218x1573
>>
>>78949098
Yes im 1/4 greek and have family there. Was a very common scam until they closed the loophole - a huge block of flats with a tiny bit of rebar and concrete at the top, and voila you pay no tax. Greeks have a serious issue with tax evasion (or did have, not sure if things have changed in last few years).

Still another poster is right, they MUST leave the EU. Its simply not feasible to remain and use the Euro, and austerity is crushing what remains of their country.
>>
>>78949442
Well, maybe. But the euro just doesnt work for the southern countries. You need to devalue, you need high inflation. You fuckers are in too much debt. Yes, you too, Italy, with your 107% debt to GDP and 350 billion in bad bank loans.
If you could devalue, keep rent low and up inflation, you'd be okay.

As it is, the euro has to keep both the south and north happy, and the north wants a good invesment climate for their capital, so they need high rent, low inflation. No one benefits from this crappy euro. You cant devalue, we cant invest.
>>
DESU the EU didn't. Greece fucked itself up by being scammers.

This is easily proven by other in-EU nations that joined and started worse than Greece yet ended up better, such as Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia & Lithuania. Defining "better" in this case as GDP / Capita.

The only thing the EU is guilty of, is that rather than telling to the Greek government's face "goddamit, just put a flat tax like those guys did", they seem to have essentially said "tax more". It, admittedly, feels more like the EU is trying to recover as much money as it can, rather than give good advice
>>
>>78949517
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/greek-debt-crisis-how-goldman-sachs-helped-greece-to-mask-its-true-debt-a-676634.html
>>
>>78949521
Turkroach tears feel very salty, must be because you can't EU
>>
You're all a bunch of pussies and cucks. I don't give a shit about this country or any other eurocuck. Hope they burn to ashes. Fuck you all.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/208381/article/ekathimerini/business/german-report-bailout-has-saved-banks-not-greece
>>
>>78947002

Greece was the olympics of tax evation
Now the games are over

Don't blame your care-giver. Pay your taxes with a smile on your face, or end up like Greece
>>
>>78949240
Not at all.
EU knew that Goldman Sachs was cooking Greece's books.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.