[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prep for coming Economic Happening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 540x540
I have it on good authority from a man who made around a couple hundred thousand dollars off Brexit speculation that this week we will see the collapse of multiple Wall Street brokerage firms - he claims that the reason Shillary and Obungo are so assmad about Brexit is that they know that the SEC doesn't have enough money in their insurance fund to cover in the event of a meltdown, and that they're (Shillary/Obungo) going to be up shit creek money-wise if the fall continues on like Friday. This would be more than enough fuel to launch Trump to the presidency nearly unopposed.
This guy is very redpilled, he's onto the whole Soros meme, has been for at least 30 years.

Discuss
>>
Regarding the SEC, his claim is supported by the fact that he's been emailed about needing to put 2-3 times the amount of money into his own trading insurance fund
>>
>>78887688
which brokerage firms?
>>
>>78887793
is that just because margin rates were raised?
>>
>>78887830
Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan (bank) were at the top of the list, due to heavy British investment presence
>>
>>78887881
He said he's had to pony up $40000 into his bank account to continue betting against Wall Street, this was direct SEC communication - he's also limited to 4 trades a day but that may be standard, I don't know
>>
>>78887970
JP Morgan bank? Do you mean Chase or the JP Morgan brokerage bank?
>>
>>78888110
Brokerage bank, but Chase will undoubtedly be affected from fallout in the event of an implosion
>>
File: 1457256949400.png (698 KB, 1255x1103) Image search: [Google]
1457256949400.png
698 KB, 1255x1103
I'm OP's friend. I never actually told him any of this shit, he's trying to be cool, he wants friends. Please ignore him.

Thanks.
>>
>>78888269
Fuck off leaf
>>
>>78888090
That trading limit is usually for people who are day trading with an account with less than $25k in it. It's been in force for years. If you keep more than $25k in your account, you can trade as much as you want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_day_trader

So, your buddy just sounds like a small time day trader. Those SEC messages are normal if you have a low balance. He does not sound like he is in a position to know the secrets of Wall Street with a tiny trading account like that.
>>
>>78888671
That may be, but he is a professional trader/speculator so even if he is only referring to his personal account I'd still give him some credence
>>
>>78889215
How would he know about the real financial position of major brokerage firms? I made a shit ton of money off Brexit but that doesn't mean I have massive insight into the future.

There are no facts in your posts, just your friend's claim, without any reasoning or details about where he got this info. His only credibility is that he is a day trader (there are millions of them.)

If he has an account limited to 4 trades per day, he is not a professional day trader/speculator, he's just a beginner. If he seemed to think that the SEC request to up his balance were due to anything other than basic day trading rules that have been in effect for at least 10 years, then he does not know much about trading, so it's a little hard to take his claim seriously. If he had actual reasons to back up his claims, that might be different.
>>
File: 1466900717083.jpg (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1466900717083.jpg
58 KB, 480x480
>>78887688
>>
File: grinch pepe.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
grinch pepe.png
7 KB, 500x500
>>78887688
IS THIS TRUE IS THIS TRUE IS THIS TRUE IS THIS TRUE IS THIS TRUE
>>
>>78889662
I know that he has been trading for upwards of 30-40 years.
He is not a beginner, he makes his living off betting against the market, and did better on Friday than during the 2008 meltdown.
>>
>>78889957
Well, I would not be surprised if some brokerages or banks go under, especially if Deutsche Bank goes bankrupt first, but I think your friend is just repeating shit he's read at ZeroHedge or GLP or something, which is about as legit as any of the posts here.
>>
>>78890253
That may be
That may be

Regardless, a collapse is about due, and it couldn't come at a more crucial time for the U.S.
>>
>>78887688
MARGIN REQUIREMENTS WERE RAISED A WEEK BEFORE BREXIT
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.