[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diversity is strength, goodbye AI research
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: -1x-1.jpg (51 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
51 KB, 500x727
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-23/artificial-intelligence-has-a-sea-of-dudes-problem

Melinda Gates wife of Bill Gates, Margaret Mitchell a Microsoft researcher, and Margaret Burnett a professor at Oregon State University, and Lili Cheng who led the Microsoft team that developed Tay, argue there are too many men in AI and that this is a bad thing. Their concerns are lack of diversity, software biased towards rich white men, and different questions in research being asked. No evidence of any kind is provided. Arguments are based purely on guessing.

The author Jack Clark creates an argument for them by first by equating datasets and humans. Since dataset diversity is critical then human diversity must be critical. His evidence is Tay and blacks being classified as gorillas by accident.

His other arguments are simple predictions that if men train the AI systems they will be inherently flawed. These flaws will include not being able to understand ebonics and computers that act like men.

Jack Clark says job postings score high for masculinity in their speech. This is somehow bad. It ends with that if we train girls and women in AI they gain knowledge.

The implications are masculinity is toxic, diversity is strength, white men are rich, white men are biased, too many men are bad, and almost everything feminism espouses. Thanks to their politics, AI research will now proceed to be destroyed. This is what passes for journalism.
>>
Maybe they should go into computer science instead of gender studies then
>>
>>78842751
They can't stop shit, thankfully.
>>
>>78842751
>and Lili Cheng who led the Microsoft team that developed Tay
>Tay

Who? Can someone remind me? :^)
>>
>>78842751
>Margaret Burnett
I heard this name already

isn't this the wife of this US-military "expert" that said that his vision of the world is literally Rio de Janeiro
fucking disgusting
>>
>>78842751
I can't take people seriously who unironically use terms like "dude problems". Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: 1458844673726.jpg (52 KB, 720x449) Image search: [Google]
1458844673726.jpg
52 KB, 720x449
>>78847258
>>
File: 1445801484823.jpg (174 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445801484823.jpg
174 KB, 1024x1024
>BloomBERG
>>
Why is acting like responsible men a bad thing? All successful businesswomen who end up being CEOs and shit always act exactly like men do in the same position, no petty feminine squabbles or other bullshit.
>>
>>78844742
That would require dedication, hard work, and time. It is simply easier to take men who are quiet intellectuals off guard and attack them. It allows them to demand governments and businesses give them money for programs. These programs discriminate against men by only supporting women. It is implied this is somehow just because men were already discriminating against women by passively existing preventing them from joining the field.
>>
>>78847369
Sounds like a common name. I didn't see anything about her husband, but according to her profile she does research in gender and software, visual programming, and this part got my attention.

http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/node/268

"Investigates whether there are gender differences that relate to software tools and development environments, and develops new features and software that account for these differences to make the tools better for everybody.
Funded by: multiple NSF grants, Microsoft Research."

That means every single person mentioned was either funded by Microsoft, married to Microsoft, or works for Microsoft. Looks like its a PR piece by MS themselves. How much was he paid to write this?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.