[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High salary or great benefits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 750x1000
Is it better to find a job that pays well or one that pays great benefits?

My job doesn't pay real well, and never will but I make nearly 12k in benefits.

Even though it's only part time I make 31k a year if I include those benefits. I'll make more if I move up and to another location which is possible.

General best and worst careers thread I guess.
>>
>>78795373

Is that the EU ship that sunk behind her?
>>
What kind of benefits? Unless you unless you have a family that requires expensive medical treatment, the value of health insurance is vastly overrated. A high deductible plan is the way to go for a single guy.
>>
>>78795373
Value the benefits and salary and compare to other salary. Choose the one with the higher number.
>>
>>78795373
I'd take the money. I'd rather spend my own money than have other people spend it for me.
>>
>>78795373
generally the more you are paid, the better the benefits.

that being said, if youre paid an ass ton, you can buy in to your own personal benefits package.

with shit pay, you dont have this freedom, and you are lucky to have the benefits package you have.

do you work for a union?
>>
>>78795373
go for the money until you're making enough that the tax system is punishing your success.

then you want benefits instead to reduce your taxable income
>>
>>78795373
Depends if you have kids
>>
>>78795373
Benefits tend to be more stable.
>>
Benefits. I get an amazing pension plan, one of the best in the country, employer match 401 (k), and free top notch healthcare and dental care. Also 3 weeks of vacation a year starting out 4 weeks of sick leave a year that accumulate. Also long term disability plans and 4.5% raises automatically every year.
>>
>>78796874
But again this all depends, you need to weight the pros and cons.

Also I know my job right now is secure and stable and isnt going anywhere even if I browse reddit all day.
>>
>>78797094
Its not just money and benefits also. You have to look at how happy your job makes you and how much freedom you get from it
>>
>>78795373
Don't think about pay, think about compensation. That includes everything non-monetary. Look at all non-monetary benefits. Think about how often you will use them. Calculate their value to you based on how much you would personally pay for them, not based on their market value.
Last, compare the sum total of pay plus benefits to a job with just pay.

eg. My office gives us a daily dining stipend, subsidizes any housing and provides a concierge to do chores while you are at work. All of that in total is worth at least 7.5k to me and I take that into consideration
>>
>>78795373
holidays is also important. My gf has 35 days holiday plus bank holiday. I got only 20.
>>
>>78795373
salary
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.