[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we not doing this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 530x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 530x380
>>
>>78715585
I don't know
>>
>>78715585
>seize the assets of people caught smoking pot
>use the profits for space exploration
Why not just do this?
>>
>>78715880
Are you stupid or just pretending? Just because you have no friends and can't get drugs doesn't mean adults shouldn't be able to decide what they put into their own body.
>>
>>78715585
We are taxing it, but it will be spent on pointless social programs and fatter paychecks for bureaucrats.
>>
>>78715880
There is no justification for this.

>inb4 bootlicking, "muh degeneracy", anti-freedom cuckoldry, etc.
>>
>>78715585
Because that's not how budgets work.
>>
>>78716023
I dont do drugs so why should I care if the take all of your money then execute you?
One less degenerate in the world
>>
>>78715585
Why don't we cut the gibs and use the money to explore the space?
>>
>>78716023
*tips fedora*
>>
>>78716089
>There is no justification for this.
they broke the law
>>
>>78715585
>>>78715585
>>seize the assets of people caught smoking pot
>>use the profits for space exploration
>Why not just do this?
Well I already pay taxes on it so fuck off.
>>
>>78716023
I personally like the idea of legalizing Marijuana, however the subculture it generates and the people that tend to like it really pisses me off, legalizing it would allow more of these faggots to infect,
>>
>>78715585
>get rid of social programs
>use the profits to fund space exploration
>>
>>78715880
You would make more money taxing it by far.
Plus your idea is retarded and gets people thrown in jail for literally nothing.
>>
>>78715585

DUDE

SO

OKAY

CHECK THIS OUT

DUDE

WEED

WEED IN SPACE

IN FUCKING SPACE DUDE

WE BUY WEED AND WE GO TO SPACE

DUDE
>>
>>78715880
the missed employment opportunities and resultant job growth would be some.
>>
Oh man I love the duck maymay here's an upboat. Mind if I credit you if I use this on my Facebook?
>>
>>78716185
>bootlicking
0/10 must try harder
>>
>>78716023

you tell that virgin man *inhales ganja* oh shit that's good shit...
>>
>>78716228
We need that money to bomb goat herders

t. Neocons
>>
File: t....png (695 KB, 723x538) Image search: [Google]
t....png
695 KB, 723x538
>>78715585
Legalizing marijuana as a whole in the united states can lead to the monopolization of over sea marijuana products since a decision to switch it as whole in the united states would mean that the united nations now recognizes marijuana as something that is no longer illegal

This means publicly traded companies can now start creating marijuana farms and utilizing them to sell to the public majority, this happened once before called the tobacco monopoly

Doing this at the current time can have devastating effects on an already unstable market

Every action taken in the united states has a ripple effect as a whole
>>
> Tax marijuana

Taxes on drugs in general is just cancer (no pun intended). I don't give a shit what soem faggot puts into his body, let him do as he pleases.
>>
>>78716236
>You would make more money taxing it by far.
not necessarily
Look how much money we could get from degenerate celebrities alone
>thrown in jail
Too expensive
We should just hang them from a tree
>>
>>78716175
Buck a tip, m8. New fedora tax
>>
>>78716240

Carl Sagan approved.

I'll be the first to volunteer.
>>
>>78715585
because... black peeoeple
>>
>>78716259
But less welfare payments
>>
File: really faggot seinfeld.jpg (10 KB, 331x332) Image search: [Google]
really faggot seinfeld.jpg
10 KB, 331x332
>>78715585
>legalize marjuana
>80% drop in aerospace engineer graduates in 5 years
>>
>>78715585
> Murder all drug users
> Use savings from less healthcare and police costs to fund space exploration
>>
Dude weed lmao
>>
>>78716528
It's not like they were getting jobs out of college anyway
>>
>>78715880
>seize assets
>run out of assets to seize

>tax assets
>steady flow of income

>>78715585
pot should be $15 an ounce, not $15 for a gram
>charging somebody a lot for something that grows faster than grass
(((wew)))
>>
only tax the injectable kind, everybody happy.
>>
>>78716185
>they broke the law
It is illegal to say that less than 6million Jews died in the Holocaust In most all European nations
Should the same apply to them?
A simply saying"it's the law" isn't an argument considering that government can make anything illegal for any reason
>>
>>78715585
you need WAY more advanced tech to "explore space" than what we have now, unless you just mean sending unmanned probes

we'll basically have to be able to create perfect biospheres on Earth first, like colonies that live deep underground with no resupply for years at a time.
>>
I'm pretty sure that advice animal isnt formatted right.

Tax weed
Fund space exploration

Would be more appropriate but it still would be wrong
>>
>>78715585
>taxing a plant that grow anywhere with virtually no effort

Maybe after Monsanto makes special weed.
>>
>>78716762
I dont care about yuropoor laws
>>78716656
>run out of assets to seize
always new druggies coming along
>>
>>78716048

>Social programs are pointless, we should be spending that money on sending probes to Uranus! We might find water on some of these moons, the thing that 70 percent of our own earth's surface is made of! If we're really lucky, we might even find rocks, isn't that amazing?!

My countrymen are idiotic children.
>>
>>78716653
True, but nigger weed does not help you succeed.
>>
>>78716999

Social programs are not only pointless, they are actively destructive.
>>
>>78716999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
>>
File: 1457653300433.jpg (54 KB, 480x576) Image search: [Google]
1457653300433.jpg
54 KB, 480x576
>>78715585
Why not:
>tax space exploration
>use it to fund weed
>>
>>78716966
>always new druggies
are you gonna start seizing the overpasses after the only potheads are homeless living under bridges?
>>
>>78716653
> liberal arts major
How's that art course coming?
>>
>>78716966
>I dont care about yuropoor laws
>Point
>Head
Pic related is 10 years minimum in Federal penitentiary
1/2
>>
>>78717294
That's some old school advice dog shit
>>
>>78715585
I grew one plant once, it was a seed from white widow.

It turned out to be White Widow #5. I called it space weed. It was far and beyond better than any other weed I've ever smoked. Smelled like an orange explosion and it made you felt like you were flying.

I grew up though and quit booze, weed, and benzos.
>>
>>78715585
If we tax marijuana too much then people will still go to black markets for their weed, we need to know the market price of weed, and the total costs to provide the weed, then we can think about a tax
>>
File: 1465952317172.gif (711 KB, 200x331) Image search: [Google]
1465952317172.gif
711 KB, 200x331
>>78716999
How is that african american studies degree coming along faggot?
>>
>>78717493
Gun laws are unconstitutional
>>
File: gun1.jpg (38 KB, 854x481) Image search: [Google]
gun1.jpg
38 KB, 854x481
>>78717493
>>78716966
This is 100% legal

The point is that laws against owning or consuming anything are immoral and have no business existing in any free society and man has a duty to civily disobey such laws.
>>
>>78717803
Where does the government have authority to ban drugs?
>>
>>78716917
You can grow your own potatoes with minimal effort, yet most people still buy them at the supermarket.
>>
>>78717908
The Federal government can make laws against transporting drugs across borders
State governments are free to ban them all together
>>
>>78717911
>Trying to explain comparative advantage to retards
>>
>>78715585
this is the most reddit post

pack it up fuckfaces, we're done forever
>>
>>78716236
Never said anything about throwing them in jail. But maybe we could send them to some sort of camp to help them concentrate after they lose some of their mental capacity from smoking pot. Call it a learning camp, or focus camp. Idk im just spit balling here but i feel like im on to something.
>>
>>78717911

Potatoes aren't taxed at the rates most people propose for marijuana.
>>
>>78718044
>The Federal government can make laws against transporting drugs across borders
>He fell into the misinterpretation of the commerce clause meme

Btw the 9th amendment and the supremacy clause invalidates this argument
>>
>>78717441
I'm in Business stay mad STEMcuck
>>
>>78715880

You can shear a sheep many times, you can skin him only once.
>>
>>78718427
Thinking growing wheat on your own property is misinterpreting it
Transporting drugs to a state where they are illegal is commerce between the states
Also you did not address how state laws are unconstitutional
>>
>>78716347
>already unstable market

what the fuck are you talking about? Pretty sure creating millions of new jobs and industry and the resultant tax revenue would be pretty good for the economy. Not to mention the money that would be saved putting people in jail their whole lives for something almost every american has tried. Also we have antitrust laws in the US, like every other developed country you fucking inbred
>>
>>78718474
>Business
Might as well be an art degree
>>
>>78718714
>Also you did not address how state laws are unconstitutional
Do you not understand what the 9th amendment is?
Or supremacy clause?
>>
>>78719011
The 9th amendment is for the Federal government
If not where do state governments get the authority to do anything?
>>
>>78715585
potfags are criminals who aren't going to pay taxes
>>
>>78715585

this is painfully reddit tier
>>
>>78715585
> make govt. to space dude
Who let an addict to the vestibule?
>>
>>78718827
Except I can actually get a job ;^)
>>
>>78718772
He has a point though, big Tobacco is already preparing for the widespread legalization of marijuana and I wouldn't be surprised if they monopolized the industry to some extent. Imagine blocks of warehouses, owned by Marlboro, full of top shelf strains being grown industrially and scientifically quicker and cheaper then the average grower can. Eventually, they'd put a lot of local places out of business, and once they had stores and warehouses all over the country, effectively creating a monopoly, they could do whatever they wanted with the market. There would obviously be a black market but I don't think it would be able to compete with huge businesses. Full legalization could end up being bad for the future of weed.
>>
>>78719276
>The 9th amendment is for the Federal government
You aren't answering the question.

There is a reason that the Federal government had to pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol and the same applies to drugs for the same reason

The 9th amendment specifically stops he Federal government from infringing on the natural rights retained by the people and due to all the case law around the supremacy clause state governments cannot infringe upon rights protected by the Federal Constitution.

> If not where do state governments get the authority to do anything?
Their own state Constitutions and the 10th amendment which allows them to cover things that the Federal government has no enumerated powers to do.
>>
>>78719804
>There is a reason that the Federal government had to pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol and the same applies to drugs for the same reason
State governments did not
>Their own state Constitutions and the 10th amendment which allows them to cover things that the Federal government has no enumerated powers to do.
Ok so then how is States banning drugs unconstitutional?
>>
>>78719592
>30k salary working in some shitty business getting Mr. Goldstien his coffee. Accomplish nothing with life.
vs
>80k starting to work for space launch companies and actually accomplish something beneficial to society. Put shit in space and make history.

Really makes you think...
>>
>>78716185
>they broke the law
let me look through your mp3 player, burger
>>
>>78715585
Let's make everyone smoke weed. That's the only way will get high enough to get to space.
>>
>>78720275
I dont have anything illegal on it
>>
>>78720056
>State governments did not
Drugs are unconstitutionally illegal at the Federal level retard.
> Ok so then how is States banning drugs unconstitutional?
The 9tj amendment and the supremacy clause

Just because you don't know what these things are doesn't make them go away.
>>
>>78720444
The US code is some 60k pages and the tax code is another 50k pages
Everyone in this nation is a repeat felon that hasn't been caught yet.
>>
>>78720467
>and the supremacy clause
And where in the constitution does it say States cant ban drugs

>The 9tj amendment and the supremacy clause
You answered your own question up here

>Their own state Constitutions and the 10th amendment which allows them to cover things that the Federal government has no enumerated powers to do.

This gives states the power to ban drugs just like they can ban anything else
>>
>>78720419
I was like,did he? And you did.
>>
>>78719794

I disagree. There are endless possibilities for strains, as well as potency. Giant industry could never keep up with small business innovations. They would always be one step behind. They could make it cheap but not with the same qualities.

Add the fact that it is very easy to grow for personal use. Seeds will end up costing very little as well as 3rd party growth products.

You would have a chunk of the market buying from big business but consolidated local markets would thrive.
>>
>>78720103
except 90% of STEM grads will never find a job like the bottom one and will end up at McDonalds
>>
Or you could just cut the military, stop acting as world police and then colonize mars. You could easily make due with a twentieth of your military expenditure if you stopped messing about in every country in the world
>>
File: 1463889311521.jpg (37 KB, 562x518) Image search: [Google]
1463889311521.jpg
37 KB, 562x518
>>78720978
>>
>>78721117
I think you are underestimating the ability and power of the big businesses. In your head, you are thinking the the big factories would be churning out decent bud, not that great but it would be cheap. In reality though, I think that the big businesses would be able to get their hands on the most potent strains, a variety of them, and mass produce them in order to be able to sell top shelf weed at the same price as you could get mids from a local market.
>>
>>78720978
>And where in the constitution does it say States cant ban drugs
The 9th amendment and the supremacy clause.
I get that you don't understand what these are and how they're the law but they are. It's also quite ironic you're advocating the breaking of law while claiming the government should be able to claim the assets of anyone who breaks it(which is a gross violation of the 5th amendment) but then again it's not like the government gives a shit about the law.
> This gives states the power to ban drugs just like they can ban anything else
No it is for States operating on more more mundane things such as schooling roads prisons police fire departments etc.
>>
>>78721822
>more mundane things such as schooling roads prisons police fire departments etc.
So are you going to claim that when the 9th amendment was ratified no state banned anything because they had no legal authority to ?
>>
>>78716185
Well since the illegal beandips are here to stay under King Nigger, I don't think DUDEWEEDS have much to worry about
>>
>>78721244
>this is what business majors actually believe
>>
>>78722115
>So are you going to claim that when the 9th amendment was ratified no state banned anything because they had no legal authority to
>Government doesn't give a shit about the laws placed on it so said laws don't exist.
I'm not claiming anything the law says what it says and the 9th amendment makes it so the Federal government has no authority to ban drugs without further Constitutional amendment combined with the Supremacy clause makes it so States cannot do the same.

The Congress passed the aliens and seditions act 9 years after the Constitution was ratified and it banned all speech that insulted those in government making it a Federal felony.
Last I checked the first amendment says Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech but they did it anyway.
>>
>>78723132
Ok then why can states ban murder?
>>
>>78724205
Because the act of murder infringes upon the rights of others natural right to life

You aren't very good at American history and philosophy
>>
>>78724582
>natural right
So you mean your feels?
>>
>>78725216
I mean the philosophical concepts that this entire nation is built upon you unamerican fuckstick.

The Constitution doesn't grant us rights in eenumerates them and makes it illegal for the government to infringe upon them.

The only reason drugs are banned is feels.
Same with gun control and same with the patriot act same with provisions inthe NDAA same European hate speech laws which have been pushed in our nation as well.
>>
>>78721712

Think about the craft beer market. That's how I am thinking about this.

Big industry would not be able to provide the same quality at those lower costs. All we need to do is look at the acquisition of top craft brewers. Production increases and quality drops. Plenty of examples in this space.

You will always have a chunk of the market buying Bud but the Maine Brewing and Westbrooks of the small business world will always thrive.
>>
>>78715880

Assets? A guitar, dirty backpack and tie-dyed tee-shirts.
>>
>>78715585

It will go to military anyways.
>>
it would take away customers from the pharmaceutical companies, fda and drug cartel...
>>
>>78716151
>1,000 billion
LMAO WHAT THE FUCK are these people too pussy to say trillion?
>>
File: jewmasterrace.png (275 KB, 403x305) Image search: [Google]
jewmasterrace.png
275 KB, 403x305
>>78715585
arrogant fucktards who want to rule the world are in the way and literally assassinated the guy who got us to the moon.
>>
File: 1363316892130.jpg (79 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1363316892130.jpg
79 KB, 800x533
>>78715585
why do you want to involve the government in everything?
they not have enough control of your life yet?
get back to me when your handler tells you what your opinion is comrade.
>>
>>78715585
We already explored space. That's why we stopped going. Turns out, it's not that beneficial to mankind afterall. Just rocks that are cheaper to mine on earth.

How long have we been mariners? Do we live in the middle of the ocean on "ocean colonies"? Methinks you people should stop treating science fiction like holy prophecy.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.