[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the British government just dismiss the decision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1438963079028.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1438963079028.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
Why can't the British government just dismiss the decision to leave the EU altogether?

If they're so fucking concerned about the dire consequences why can't they just stay no matter what the public votes?
>>
>>78670289
Dunno. Been wondering that myself. I believe I have overestimated the corruption of the UK government.
But, time will tell. I do hope those glorious brits drive the UK straight out of the EU and to safe harbors.
>>
>>78670289

Riots. Civil unrest across the nation.
>>
>>78670289
>Why can't the British government just dismiss the decision to leave the EU altogether?
It could.

>>78670289
>If they're so fucking concerned about the dire consequences why can't they just stay no matter what the public votes?
Next general elections would fuck them over. Also, the conservatives are mostly pro-Brexit.
>>
>>78670289
They can. It's not actually a legally binding referendum.
But the EU is considering throwing us out to make an example of us.
>>
>people vote for something
>government tells them they don't know what they're doing and ignores the vote
>"Isn't democracy grand, lads?"
>>
>>78670289
politicians want to keep their cushy jobs and their heads attached

try using your brain, if you have one
>>
>>78670289
They need a pretext first. A shaky market everyone predicted that has since remedied itself more or less isn't enough.
>>
>>78674972
>Lisbon treaty
>Greek Referendum
>>
>>78674972
Shut up and drink your fluoride water.
>>
>>78670289
Because that would be the death of the "free" world?
>>
>>78670289
Because real democratic nations don't go against the will of the people. Legally speaking, they could absolutely do that, but they won't. That's gonna piss of an awful lot of people and would leave the questions "Why even have a referendum in the first place?".

Cameron made his bed and now he needs to lie in. He never inna million years thought the leave campaign would actually win, nobody did, not even the fucking leave campaign did. And now it's actually happened people are a bit stunned. He shouldn't have called for one in the first place if he thought it would be that damaging.
>>
File: alert.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
alert.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>78670289
Here's a better question potato nigger

Why the fuck are you so retarded and filled with Jew propaganda?
>>
>>78670289
>DEMOCRACY
>E
>M
>O
>C
>R
>A
>C
>Y

Don't like it? Then get out, commies.
>>
>>78670289
>The working class voted leave and the upper middle class didn't

One riots and the others cries on twitter when it loses. Also, we're meant to be democratic.. You can't have Ulster though ((sorry))
>>
>>78670289
>why can't a democracy just ignore the publics vote?

literally medically retarded.
>>
>>78674972
Ask this to a spaniard mate
>muh I'm red pilled haha dumb separatists muh constitution unity of spain forever durr
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.