[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good morning /pol/, i have a question. My grandpa had a US citizenship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1459947673026.png (113 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1459947673026.png
113 KB, 1024x776
Good morning /pol/, i have a question. My grandpa had a US citizenship because he was born there. Then my dad was born abroad but grandpops never registered my dad as a US citizen born abroad. Now gramps is dead. Does my dad have any chance of still getting a citizenship? We still have gramps' birth certificate as evidence of him being american. And if my dad can get in, does that mean i too will be able to get a citizenship through my dad?
Also, thinly veiled nogger thread
>>
Is Hitler in your country?
>>
>>78670074
I wish
>>
>>78670192
could you go look..?
>>
>>78670349
If he's here, he'd be dead of old age already. And the suspected place where people say he may have hidden is 1600km away from me
>>
>>78669992
Nope. Your father cannot apply for citizenship on those grounds. Your grandfather could have gotten your father's citizenship, but would have had to have done it long, long ago. And it would not allow you any special path towards citizenship.

THAT SAID: you are more likely to make it through the citizenship process in a timely fashion, because it is administered by human beings, who are more-likely to accept your application.
>>
>>78671138
Thanks. My question came to be because i saw somewhere online that my dad could have a claim for citizenship and something about the form n600
>>
>>78670349
They cryogenically froze him with Walt Disney and Rasputin's penis. Slowly collecting organs and bodies to form a Frankenstein's monster to which the world will tremble.
>>
>>78669992

Generally speaking, odds are against you both. A lot of time limits now exist, which didn't back in the pre-1990s era. These days, you have to formally declare and register the citizenship you want to claim at the age of 16 or 18, depending on country.

There are exceptions, and you can try to petition and make your case with immigration. I'd have to research it carefully since I used to work for a couple of private immigration companies ... but that's more than 5 years ago and I was working in the EU and handled EU countries 95% of the time.

I recall that children that were eligible for 2 or 3 citizenships, based upon their birth circumstances, were treated as citizens of all three or so countries until they came of age ... but then they would have to pick one depending upon the country involved (yes, that applies especially to the U.S.). Some countries are comfy with multiple citizenships, but in _most_ cases, the U.S. makes you declare as an American and give up all others, or you get to take one or more of the others based upon their laws.

The "coming of age" varies depending on circumstances, so it might be as young as 14 (?) and sometimes the window stays open until about 21.

If your father never obtained his U.S. citizenship, then you cannot since you are not born to a U.S. citizen or inside the U.S. or its territories. If he obtains his now (probably a tough fight), and you are over 18 (maybe 21), then it's too late for you to get yours. Other than usual immigration routes.

With money and lawyers and special circumstances, you might get around that. Somehow. But, you need in-depth research and a hot immigration lawyer that really knows his shit perfectly.
>>
>>78671646
Your english is good and you can get online. Look at the USCIS website for the information you need. Read the form instructions. There is also a good site called VisaJourney where people talk about their experience with immigration.

By the way, you don't need a lawyer in any way to apply for an immigration status, or even appeal a decision.
>>
>>78672700
Thanks for the help. I'll look into it when i get home because mobile data is slow as balls now
>>
>>78672053
>Some countries are comfy with multiple citizenships, but in _most_ cases, the U.S. makes you declare as an American and give up all others, or you get to take one or more of the others based upon their laws.
The USA lets you have two, actually. Dual-citizen here, by the way.
>If your father never obtained his U.S. citizenship, then you cannot since you are not born to a U.S. citizen or inside the U.S. or its territories. If he obtains his now (probably a tough fight), and you are over 18 (maybe 21), then it's too late for you to get yours. Other than usual immigration routes.
True. His father MIGHT have an easier time, though, and could then sponsor OP.
>>
Also, forgot to add. I have relatives there (cousin married to a guy with bussiness visa), but since they're not immediate family i suppose it won't help, right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.