[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Tyson.jpg (25 KB, 512x300) Image search: [Google]
Tyson.jpg
25 KB, 512x300
What is his problem?
>>
I'm an atheist, but that's the one thing that really irritates me about other atheists.

>Person has a sincere question.
>"Okay then, so if there is no god then what is the purpose of existence"
"HURR DURR U JUST DO WHATEVER THE FUCK U WANT U IGNORANT CAVEMAN"
>>
>>78613967
I'm sure he doesn't give af about anyone's personal beliefs, but when those individuals join together and insist the same nonsense is taught in schools, that's when it's a problem.
>>
>>78613967

Theistfags give him shit all the time and he'd feed up with them.

>>78615001

Being an atheist is suffering. I think a lot of atheists are atheists because it's part of the Internet Liberal Loot Crate and haven't really thought about all the implications that come with atheism, like some have, like you and I have.
>>
>>78613967
>What is his problem?
He's a huckster.
>>
File: 1455147717708.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1456) Image search: [Google]
1455147717708.jpg
161 KB, 1600x1456
>>78615696
Trust me, if it was possible to not be atheist. I would choose that in a heartbeat.
>>
>>78615696

It's suffering to a certain degree. The only people that give me issues for being an atheist are people on the Internet that come from cesspools like Tumblr, Reddit, 4chan, 9gag, funnyjunk, and so forth. Of course, I only use 4chan out of all those sites, but I bump in to people that use those sites from time to time.
>>
>>78615696

>like you and I have

Make sure to wipe his cum off your chin when you're done.
>>
File: congratulations.png (729 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.png
729 KB, 800x600
What scientific achievements has this man made?
>>
File: 1466059402412.png (203 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1466059402412.png
203 KB, 600x550
>>78615696
>being an atheist is suffering.

existing is suffering, this is why religion exists. atheists just understand they'd suffer either way.
>>
>>78613967
He is a nigger.
>>
File: repost.jpg (44 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
repost.jpg
44 KB, 960x720
>>78613967
He's scared
>>
>>78613967
He realizes to fufil the Revelation of the mark of the beast, he must shit on religion so that nobody thinks twice about uploading their brains or plugging in.
>>
>>78613967
I was dissapointed when I finally figured out that god and most of Christianity is a myth.
>>
>>78616173
edgy
>>
File: You Dust Bitin Faggot.jpg (104 KB, 586x800) Image search: [Google]
You Dust Bitin Faggot.jpg
104 KB, 586x800
>>78616229
[spoiler]immunity cat
>>
>>78615001
There is no purpose to existance.

Why do you assume there should be a purpose?
>>
Most people don't understand science at all, they just know that "science is right", and that "if a scientist said It, it must be correct".

Most people completely and utterly rely on people like Tyson to explain the world to them and read the holy scripture of science to them. It's literally no different to villages in the middle ages relying on Priests to read the Bible to them because the Priests were the only people that could read Latin

Now that's not to say I'm some fucking edgy theist-fag, I just have a great disdain for the faith that a lot of people now have in Scientists and the complete and utter reverence they have for anything that comes out of a scientists mouth.
>>
File: 7ce.jpg (36 KB, 680x370) Image search: [Google]
7ce.jpg
36 KB, 680x370
>>78613967
he's one of those snobby kids in high school that no one wanted to talk to because he was a self absorbed nerd.
his dad further killed any chance of character development he would have had by just buying him shit he wanted as a replacement for social interaction.
Now he's just a vapid nigger with a god complex that got famous for the fact that the internet's two favorite things are blacks and science lessons aimed at 3rd graders.
You can tell hes still a loser by watching him speak as its just 0 charisma an pure snob.
He probably starts up irrelevant conversation when having sex like "fun fact do you know we are made of stars?
This man is what you get when you cross the cockiness of bill nye, the likability of a redit atheist, the genes of Treyvon Martin and the social skills of Stephen Hawking.
>>
>>78615838
>>>78613967 (OP)
>>What is his problem?
>He's a huckster.
Kek
>>
>>78613967
His problem is he thinks he is the smartest person on the planet. His ego makes him not even understand that he's a nigger
>>
>>78615926

This. A meaningless existence isn't exactly what I would have chosen but I'd also just believe I was a Chad if it were so easy to believe things that are obviously untrue.
>>
Where did this nigger even come from? Never heard of him before a few years ago when he was getting pushed hard on tv and movies.
>>
>>78616738

It's overstated. The fedora meme brought the momentum back to the godfags, and scientism/leftism/secularism/atheism are nowhere near as powerful as redneck religious revivalists on 4chan say they are.
>>
File: kanye-trump.jpg (25 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
kanye-trump.jpg
25 KB, 640x361
>>78613967
>MFW I realized I had the same level of education as these valuable members of the scientific community
>>
>>78613967

Student of Sagan trying desperately to be like his teacher, but he lacks the Charisma.
>>
>>78613967
But I don't argue from science. I argue from the moral consequences that result for the necessary cosmic nihilism of no god.
>>
>>78616229
ALLAH PROTECTS ME KUFFAR
>>
>>78616080

Holy shit how dare anyone be nice to each other! HOW DARE I NOT SHIT ALL OVER EVERYONE ALL THE TIME LIKE YOU! It's as if some people's motivation in life WASNT making everyone else around them as miserable as your average /pol/tard.

>>78615926
>>78616173

It's one of those things, you can't put the genie back in the bottle? You'd just have to lie yourself to go back to being theist and that makes it even worse.

>>78616048

I'm in Louisiana so I get shit about it in real life, I don't mention it anymore. However in recent years it hasn't been like that. I think Christfags calm down once they notice you aren't sacrificing goats to Satan like they thought you were supposed to.
>>
>>78615001
>atheist

You should just kill yourself. What's the use of suffering anymore when you can just end it right away?
>>
>>78617109
>but he lacks the Charisma
Don't Redguards get a natural charisma boost? Or is that just Imperials?
>>
>>78616472
I am fully aware there is no purpose, see my other post >>78615926

I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with allowing other people to maintain the illusion of purpose, if that is what brings them joy.

I wish I could feel joy again in my life, but I know too much now.
>>
>>78616738
This.
Scientism (the belief in the moral significance of purporting to be scientific) is the delusion of our age.
Engineers deride the humanities, but have only ever seen thoroughly perverted Cultmarx parodies. If the humanities were taught properly, the ordinary non-scientist would be far better at reasoning, and would know historical examples of overconfidence.
>>
>>78617307
Redguards are -1 to intellect and base charisma. Even fantasy worlds are redpilled toward niggers.
>>
>>78613967
he's a meme scientist
>>
>>78616738

There are a lot of people on earth, not every one of them has the time or patience to repeat what scientists have done to prove the same things themselves. That's why being a scientist is a job, they discover shit for us because that's what we're paying them to do.
>>
>>78617291

>theist

You should just engage in extremely dangerous activities. As long as you die on accident, you'll go straight your womb paradise with sky dad!
>>
The idea of an omnipotent being who is capable of inhabiting two or more planes of existence simultaneously is definitely far beyond our realm of comprehension but I only think it is because it's not our time or place to understand. Only five hundred years ago an actual scientific renaissance began to take place and for the last hundred we have made leaps and bounds that make our grandfather's way of life look primitive. I don't know whats out there but I feel it's foolish to simply brush every old bit of human lore and belief as mere myth and superstition.
>>
>>78617600
I just want people to question things more and stop being smug and self-righteous about their beliefs
>>
>>78616952

To be fair, in most religions the "meaning" of existence is pretty shit.
>>
>he pisses off religious
>is a scientist

He's doing his job.
>>
>>78617681

Seems legit. I guess we'll see. Problem is the people who act like they know right now because some guy told them stories about a book that was started about 3,000 years ago.
>>
File: 1466583823352.png (254 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466583823352.png
254 KB, 500x500
>>78613967
He's an annoying pop scientist, fedora tipper that Redditors quote to sound smart. I absolutely despise him.
>>
>>78617472
Why live then? 'Nothing is Real.' That's what the liberal media singer said after all. Who cares?
>>
>>78617719
so basically you want people to doubt everything.
t.Satan
>>
>>78616738

I think it's an appeal to authority too. Everyone wants to "win" the argument so liberals resort to using scientists, as the fallacy goes to associate their opinion with someone commonly thought of as smart.

Funny though, if you truly believe in science you know it's all about questioning everything, even established theories. Somehow this gets lost when invoking science to back up their unreasonable, unlogical bullshit spewing.

>>78617079

Exactly.

4chan points to itself saying everyone is a NEET right? Well take that for true for a second and think about how much of this site just gets 100% of their information from the Internet. Because there are more atheist-liberal types active on these places, they somehow postulate/project that's what the "majority" is and hence, the contrarian swing into flat-earth-style-Christ-fagism.

The sample size is the Internet, not reality for most of 4chan's observations.
>>
>>78617732

True, I never understood why people get such a kick out of the idea that they were literally created to worship a superior being.
>>
>>78613967
Science is in an ever receding pocket of reality. It's based on deduction. The only product of science is how not why something happens.
>>
>>78617754
Moron.

All of the greatest scientists were theists. Majority of those were Christian.
>>
>>78617307

Sagan was a weed smoking jew who loved the stars, name one something more charismatic, especially for people in the 60's-70's.
>>
>>78613967
his only claim to fame is being a black scientist.
>>
>>78617661
>You should just engage in extremely dangerous activities.

But those have no purpose if they weren't meant for me.
>>
>>78613967
I don't like him very much, but this quote really is out of context.

>Does it mean, if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it?
>Is that how you want to play this game?
>Because if it is, here’s a list of things in the past that the physicists at the time didn’t understand [and now we do understand] [...].
>If that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on.
>So just be ready for that to happen, if that’s how you want to come at the problem.

Although I don't really know that many people who, when confronted with something science doesn't understand yet, automatically say it's proof of God, which is what he seems to be arguing against.
>>
>>78618046

>all

Someone's biased!
>>
>>78618046

>all of the greatest scientists were theists

False.

It's not even an argument.
>>
>>78613967
im not a godfag but im not arrogant enough to think i know where we go after death
>>
>>78618188

the fuck
>>
>>78617903

>person you don't like says something
>something is false because I don't like him

Logic.

As annoying as these meme scientists are, it does not change the fact that religion is preposterous.

You don't need anything greater than a high school education and some simple logic to put over 9k holes in any religion.

Not to mention burden of proof...
>>
>>78617933
Why are you so worried about my meaningless opinions that you responded to me twice?
>>
>>78617719
What you're really asking is for these faggots to stop being assured in the science based on the notion that they're right and to actually read a book so they can comprehend what it's brought to them.
>>
File: 1446770342640.jpg (38 KB, 461x375) Image search: [Google]
1446770342640.jpg
38 KB, 461x375
>>78613967

He scores political points by being an atheist, even though many many many scientists in his field acknowledge that the idea of some sort of creator is feasible and in many situation arguable. Sure, arguing in support of a specific religion opens you up to criticism, but denying the existence of any sort of creative force is ridiculous. Even the most staunch atheist should be able to acknowledge even a basic idea that the sun is like a god in the way it is the foundation of all life. Thats not a very deep example of how far science can take you on this topic but its a basic starting point.

We need a scientist as a public figure that starts diving deeper in to how AI and quantum sciences could bring us closer to understanding "god". That would be awesome.
>>
>>78613967
He is Euphoric because looking at space balls through a telescope.
>>
>>78613967
he mad that morality cannot be objectively determined by science.
>>
>>78618356

The best approach to science is agnosticism buddy, it's understandable why some say atheism is better.
>>
>>78618356

Or maybe it is turtles all the way down...
>>
>>78613967
He didn't say "Allah", someone should correct the image and spread it.
>>
>>78618275
It wasn't meant for me to engage in because God didn't give me any inclination to take me through that. Why don't you do it instead? It doesn't matter to you.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 271x186
makes you think hih?
>>
>>78615001
Do not identify yourself as atheist just live your life kid.
>>
>>78618514
Fucking turtles
>>
>>78618287
I never claimed religions and spirituality work the way the churches claim. But to act like any of his science discredits religion or spirituality in anyway is preposterous too.
>>
>>78613967
When did the lead singer of Earth Wind and Fire turn into such a fedora tipper?
>>
>>78617964

I guess it's an ode to the comfort of being taken care of, except when you dig deep into the fundamentals of the religion it becomes a love for worship in of itself rather than the initial idea that the lord will provide for you in heaven, which is where it falls apart.

Not to pull a Nietzche but it's essentially slave morality, the enjoyment in comfort and certainty of being controlled.
>>
>>78618338

Literally everything any atheist scientist has ever said, and every experiment that even remotely contradicted the notion of God, could be 100% verifiably wrong and you wouldn't even be an inch closer to proving that God exists.

The Big Bang Theory could be total horseshit, any theories or supposed facts regarding evolution could be complete garbage, and you'd still be standing there with absolutely no evidence that God exists.

So really, the validity of scientists or modern scientific achievements really has nothing to do with whether or not there's a God.
>>
File: 1466727971662.jpg (50 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
1466727971662.jpg
50 KB, 552x615
>>78615926
>>78615926
this

I'd like god to exist the same way that I want :

>father christmas to be real
>the tooth fairy to be real
>narnia to be real
>star wars to be real

Maybe there is a god, maybe we are living in a computer simulation. Who fucking knows?

Any sane and logical person should come to the conclusion that all our present day monotheistic religions are COMPLETE AND UTTER MADE UP NONSENS.

Just lol @ literally believing in any fucking religion.

People that are "semi-spiritual" and believe in a "higher power" maybe get a get-out-of-jail-free-card from me. But anyone who literally believes the world is 6000 years old, that jesus was the son of god or any other of that allah nonsens needs their head examined

Believing in KEK and meme magic makes more sense to me
>>
>>78618481

agnosticism is intellectual cowardice. If presented with an unfounded claim (especially such a far fetched claim) you must assume it is false until evidence is presented. It isn't like there hasn't been plenty of time for some proof to surface...
>>
>>78618356
I really love this quote. It explains so much about the "educated" generation.
>>
>>78615926
I still like this pic, because that Russian bro had it saved and posted it when Russia was banned, and the thought of someone not being able to post on 4chan and sent a drastic last cal in the form of a thread, is endearing.
>>
>>78613967
Didn't reddit pay him thousands of dollars for a speech and he was a douchebag through and through? This fucker hasn't even actually contributed shit to science
>>
>>78618356

He actually denies being an atheist and claims to be an agnostic. I personally don't think there's much of a difference unless you're splitting hairs or playing at an agenda, but yea he's one of those faggots.
>>
>>78613967
WTF does God have to do with science?

Thats like saying God is an ever receding pocket of gastronomic ignorance.

Does that make any sense at all.

Tyson was just a coattailing negro who was found to be a useful apparatchik for the cultural marxists.

He should have been shamed off the scene years ago when he started talking shit about things he has no knowledge of.
>>
>>78613967
He's a cock sucker and a hypocrite who knows nothing about anything. Why, if you were to ask this cock sucker,this, tyson chap if he has observable testable recreate able proof of his god, the magical singularity that appeared from nowhere, he'd so some shit about some mathematical whatsit theorized to have happened which would still be a fantasy because by this cock sucker's own admission, the first four seconds of the universe is unknowable, and yet, everything came into existence 10 to the exponent 32 times faster than a fraction of a second. Oh how very convenient.

I blame Christians for not killing every single atheist when they had the chance.
>>
>>78618643

Science doesn't have to discredit anything. In fact it is literally impossible to discredit something that does not exist.

That is why we have something called burden of proof.

Let me give you a simple example.

Santa Claus is real. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>78618670

There is no god in science until you can prove he exists, until then he's just a theory.

God has no place in science because he himself cannot survive the scientific method. Even theist scientists understand this.

Throwing the bible around just makes you look ignorant, telling you that to help you.
>>
>>78613967
even a nigger is right sometimes
>>
>>78618929

Sounds like you're just repeating what I just said in less words.
>>
>>78618684

>intellectual cowardice

Lmao, it's the only logical approach to something that is (as of yet) impossible to disprove.

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>78617276
Wow, I need to set up to shitpost like this. Thanks for the idea.
>>
>>78618356
Polls Ive seen show that most scientists are atheists. I think its like 90% plus.
>>
>>78613967
#TOKENSCIENCENIGGER
>>
>>78618924
>Science doesn't have to discredit anything
Exactly. That's why the tweet in the OP's pic is wrong.
>>
>>78613967
He's a fucking retarded nigger just read his Twitter
>>
>>78619082

I was agreeing, i could have worded it better though.
>>
>>78616964
He's the Garret Morgan of current year.
>>
>>78619083

Did you even read the rest of my post?

>>78618924

Please prove that Santa doesn't exist and I'll become an agnostic.
>>
>>78617282

Actually I went from being atheist to believing in God.

I started with the simple proposition: what if God is Love?

The funny thing is, I know I wasn't wrong to be atheist before. Whatever I believed back then, I still believe.

The problem is... you hear me say "atheist" and you believe something in your head about it.

You hear other people talk about "God" and you have something in your head which you use to generalize such topics.

Forget all that shit. God is Love, Peace, Non-violence, all these things. God is Just. God is infinite.

I'm just giving you the axioms. You have to build up your beliefs within yourself. Fuck the haters and the hate; it doesn't matter that the Crusades or the religious wars happened, Westboro Baptists, scientologists, all that stuff is irrelevant.
>>
>>78613967
>DUDE HUMANS ARE CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING WHEN THEY HAVE ATTAINED ALL THE KNOWLEDGE IN THE UNIVERSE OUTSIDE OF THEIR SUBJECTIVE PERCEPTION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (669 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
669 KB, 1024x1212
>>78618296
I only responded once, friend. The other response must have been your other friend...

Are you aware of the One True God yet? Kek.
>>
He's pissed god made him a smart appearing nigger, its literally a joke.
>>
>>78619201

He actually has a point because religion around the world loves to make pretty absurd claims.

Do protestants even believe in dinosaurs?
>>
>>78613967
he's a dumb nigger who realized SCIENCE! and gaytheism is a way easier gig than doing research
>>
>>78615001
>Okay then, so if there is no god then what is the purpose of existence"
What the fuck does one thing got to do with another? you deserved the ad hominem.
>>
>>78619319

You seem to be under the impression using logic is cowardice, I'm not sure engaging you in a logical conversation is even possible.

Agnosticism is running off what science can and cannot currently do.
>>
File: eyeofgod.jpg (2 MB, 2655x1577) Image search: [Google]
eyeofgod.jpg
2 MB, 2655x1577
>>78613967

He isn't a problem. He's just being somewhat logical.

He's also defining GOD as the things we don't know rather then everything that we do when classical philosophy clearly defined all of reality as eminating out of the will of the LOGOS; reality literally defined as the will of GOD.

The term University literally arises from the desire to study the will and thought of the great Monad from which we emanate.

Uni: One
Verse: Speak
>>
>>78613967
His mama prolly beat his lil heathen nigga ass
>>
>>78616738
It's Christphobes
Even Tyson is referring to the capital G God, the God of Abraham and Moses. Not Goddess, not some pan god being, not even le spaghetti monster.

It's easy to be mad at idiots on 4chan but the people who are loud about this in person are people who obviously have been shunned before and are seeking refuge. Jesus was supposed to be that refuge. Our materialism really doesn't help the rampant narcissism and vanity of some folk and it turns away people.
>>
>>78619330

So you don't believe in "god" you believe in love...

Problem solved.

I've heard this type of spinoza "god is the universe" bullshit before.

It is an unnecessary circle jerk of semantics.
You don't believe in "god" you believe in something that you are assigning the word "god" to.
>>
>>78618046

>All the [people who are held in high regard by society] were [the larger group I'm a part of]. Majority of those were [specific group I'm part of].
>>
>>78619558

>university is called after the will to study god.

We've grown up now.
>>
>>78617879
True but the smug cunts who choose not to believe in those books are insufferable. Granted they're not as detrimental but anyone who claims enlightenment by "not" believing that there is a magic sky wizard watching your every move is like a child thinking they're the smartest kid in school for not believing in Santa.
>>
>>78613967
>Christian priest says atheists are dumb.
>/pol/: "OMFG SO FUGGING BASED!"
>Scientist, person, or some random dude says that he doesnt believe in god.
>/pol/: "WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM? WHY LIVE IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THAT LIFE IS JUST SUFFERING?! ALL ATHEISTS ARE NIHILIST AND LIVE SHITTY LIFES! ALL THE ATHEIST I KNOW HAVE SHITTY JOBS AND ARE ALWAYS SAD! OH GOOOD IM SO DENSE."
>>
>>78619746

>comparing god to santa

About accurate.
>>
>>78613967
Didn't he get caught fabricating fake quotes and bullshit statistics a bunch?
He's only popular because of leddit and their hard on for meme scientists like him and Bill Nye. Whatever credibility he had as a researcher was stripped once he began his political pandering.
>>
>>78619403
I want you to show me something as complex as the universe and life self creating. Oh wait, that's too hard. Let's do something simpler, grab some bread, mayo, etc and watch your sandwich self make. since the universe and life could self make, a simpler thing like your sandwich self making should be a breeze.
>>
>>78613967
He gets more Reddit fanboys for saying shit like this.
>>
>>78619861

Sure, study physics. Not hard for me, it's hard for you.
>>
File: 1466067107541.png (3 MB, 1716x1710) Image search: [Google]
1466067107541.png
3 MB, 1716x1710
>>78613967
He's a superficial, banal thinker. Pic related for contrast
>>
>>78618670

Scientists don't believe in god because there is no reason to, they can't reach a being so abstract and away from anything they can gather using the scientific method. it's just as frivolous as any other claim based on nothing.

They can't disprove him either, so when you can neither prove or disprove something with no so much a single hypothetical approach to proving/disproving it is essentially meaningless.

In the scientific world there is no 100% certainty there is no god, they're just telling people that "Hey, since you can neither prove no disprove something there really isn't any reason to believe it" where as religion is saying there is an absolute certainty there is a god and that to believe him against all odds is a virtue he will reward, which makes it look even less credible because there is no logic in such a notion other than to keep people following the beliefs that no one can prove.

this is one of the reasons the christian god has become so abstract when he in the past used to more "tangible. Had a fatherly form, had a location. Hell used to be somewhere on earth. As people began to question shit, all those elements disappeared to the point where people now argue a god that is like the christian god in nature but lacks all the core magical elements. It now boils down to a "divine creator", an invisible spirit who arranged the universe, rather than YHWH of the judia pantheon, on his throne in the sky.
>>
Neil PleaseGas Tyson is a nobody. He was handpicked to be a bullshit artist for pseudo science. This nigger went to a nice college, smoked a blunt, and became the world leading voice of space. Give me a break.

He like all atheists, particularly the faggot Dawkins, are just angry at God. They know he exists and they can't disprove Him. But they are in the pocket of the satanic evolution nonsense agenda.
>>
>>78619083

Please don't fall into this retarded debate. The only difference between an atheist and an agnostic is a difference of opinion on what the word "atheist" actually means.

While there are certainly "convinced atheists" who feel certain they "know" there is no God, the majority of atheists are agnostic.

In other words, if asked the question, "Do you believe God exists?" I would answer, "No." This would make me an atheist. If asked the question, "Do you know whether God does or doesn't exist?" I would answer, "No." This makes me an agnostic.

An agnostic is merely someone who hasn't reached a definite conclusion on the existence of God. Most atheists actually fall into this bucket. I readily concede that a God MAY exist. Hell, 500 Gods may exist. And for that matter, we may be living in a simulated reality. And in this simulated reality, there may be actual unicorns and elves and vampires and ghosts. I don't know one way or the other. But until I've seen some convincing evidence of any of those things, I don't believe in them.

The poster you're responding to is saying that agnostics are moral cowards because they usually avoid the term "atheism" because it carries a heavy social stigma and they're unwilling to be judged for their lack of faith, spirituality, or religion. So they say ESSENTIALLY the same thing as atheists ("I'm not religious and I don't really believe in God") but they also hedge their position in the caveat, "But I don't know! I'm an agnostic!"

This annoys most people who identify as atheists because it implies that we DO claim to know, that we claim to actually KNOW whether or not a God can or does exist. Of course we don't know, of course we aren't certain. We merely don't require any certainty of a thing's nonexistence to withhold a positive belief in its existence.

I don't need to be 100% certain that Santa Clause DOESN'T exist in order to NOT believe that he does.
>>
>>78613967
He never said this. I don't even have to verify. Neil never makes bluntly controversial statements like this. Only edgy teenage atheists do.
>>
>>78619527

nigga what?

I don't even understand how you can't understand how burden of fucking proof is.

How can you claim a sky fairy for thousands of years and not one single shred of evidence pops up to support your claim yet you be like "hur dur maybe science isn't ready to discover god hur dur"

If the nigga was real we would fucking know it by now don't you think?

You realize that no matter how fucking advanced science gets IT WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DISPROVE A FUCKING NEGATIVE YOU HALFWIT

Jesus those american public schools are shit.
>>
>>78616472
You can't say that there isn't one either.
>>
>>78615001

I don't get it. What is supposed to be the correct answer?

If someone's asking me that is to get my opinion as an atheist so why wouldn't i answer accordingly?

Biologically the point is to reproduce other than that just be as happy as you can for the little time you're alive. Without hurting anyone of course.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>78616229
FUCK.
>>
>>78620028

Sounds about right.
>>
>>78619861

See my previous comment about turtles...

If you don't understand try google.
>>
>>78618248
Newton, Bacon, Copernicus, Kepler, Descartes, Pascal, Galileo, Plank, Kelvin, Haller, Liebnetz... all Christian.

You've got Tyson, Einstein (kinda), and maybe some Greeks? They were probably theists though...
>>
File: god_exists.jpg (600 KB, 700x6826) Image search: [Google]
god_exists.jpg
600 KB, 700x6826
>>78617681
I've always found it utterly ridiculous that people think evolution and God are anti thesis to one another.

If we had tens of thousands of years to develop, and we are having this conversation NOW, what stops the other billions of years from having someone "pull the veil"?
>>
>>78618682
No argument. Sad!
>>
>>78620221

I literally just said that.

>the majority of atheists are agnostic.
>>
>>78619334
Wrong, knowledge breeds sorrow in a HUMAN. You Are 3lbs of brain, that brain can't raid. Have fun with sorrow m8
>>
>>78613967
He kind of reminds me of the "scientists" in Atlas Shrugged
>>
>>78620532

KEK

Dude takes 5 seconds to skim my post, tells me I'm full of nonsense, realizes he's retarded, and deletes his post. Bravo, anon.
>>
>>78620367

>scientists from a time when it was literally illegal to not believe in god.

Stephan Hawking, Alan Turing, Rosalind Franklin, Alfred Kinsey, Andrei Sakharov, Thomas Edison, Sigmung Freud.

Just a few who were agnostic/atheist.
>>
File: Coca-Cola-Art_Christmas_Santa4.jpg (885 KB, 860x1111) Image search: [Google]
Coca-Cola-Art_Christmas_Santa4.jpg
885 KB, 860x1111
>>78618924
Santa Claus Is an amalgamam based off of many gift giving people through different times in Europe.

The red, white and black character who passes for Santa these days was an advertising icon painted by Haddon Sundblom for the coca cola company.
See he is in the coca cola colors or red and white.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVsAcwWTOsU

Good thread. Good subject. I'm to tired. So I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>78620683

i did, i misread it.

:((((
>>
>>78618356
>I can't explain X
>Therefore, God
When will this meme die
>>
>>78617661
>>78618275
>>78616952
>>78617291
>>This. A meaningless existence isn't exactly what I would have chosen but I'd also just believe I was a Chad if it were so easy to believe things that are obviously untrue.
>implies existence is meaningless
>anon tells you to kys since your life is meaningless
>witty reply
>reply ignores the fact that anon never implied his life was meaningless and thus still has a purpose for living

Holy shit you're fucking retarded. I see you've also taken it upon yourself to play master in this thread by personally approving or disapproving every fucking opinion posted. Take the anon's advice, kys
>>
>>78619861
Don't worry, you will be mocked in the last days. This isn't unexpected.
>>
File: ndt-satan.jpg (42 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
ndt-satan.jpg
42 KB, 500x431
>>
>>78613967
Being a theist is way easier when you don't deny the fact of evolution.
>>
File: love-wins-fag-cake-2.jpg (110 KB, 1085x814) Image search: [Google]
love-wins-fag-cake-2.jpg
110 KB, 1085x814
>>78615926
/fucking this

I wish I loved sports and was religious.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>78620802
>>
>>78619970
>>>
Liar, liar pants on fire; THE BIG BANG, has nothing to do with ACTUAL physics because it's not real. Never happened. It's fantasy, a fairy tail. Prove me wrong, show the the physics of the big bang. But that won't do because all the lot of you has ever had was make believe and conjecture and theoretical equations that are as real as the imaginations they're formed in. What we'll need is proof of singularity nursery---what is a singularity though, is it like a binary file that unzips into universe with infinitesimally microscopic systems already designed that unfurled like a seed might into a gargantuan tree? We're going to need testable, observable evidence of this singularity of yours.

>>78620358
Stephen L Wolfe, another hypocritical atheist in his book chemical and molecular biology said in his treatiese, the early earth, said that God isn't real because he cannot be proven or recreated in observable conditions, then he went on to lie out of his ass like atheist always do of how a russian theorist and a british theorist reasoned in 1926 that the early earth was a magical place where things could have just happened because they were prone to happen because that time they existed in was SPECIAL.

Ha. show us proof of your god the big bang, show us from where it came and show us as to why another big bang hasn't happened seeing as how the first one arrived without reason.
>>
>>78620752

So you provided evidence that suggests Santa Claus is an imaginary character.

Thanks?
>>
>>78620113

You're right mostly.

the thing is we discover new things everyday, science cannot answer all questions yet, when it can then that's the only time you can prove something that doesn't exist actually doesn't exist, because science will have defined everything and god will have nowhere left to hide.
>>
>>78620802
>:((((

You have to go.
>>
File: 4lwjCtf.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
4lwjCtf.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>78617933
Life is a beautiful accident that stumbled its way onto this incredibly fortunate planet. Nobody put it here, nobody is watching us, nobody cares, nothing happens after you die.

We live on what from all current observations is the only planet with intelligent life on it. We are the only thing that we can currently find that has figured out how to split an atom, the microchip, radio waves. You can speculate that there may be a god, or some aliens might be out somewhere far away.

We are a bunch of apes that had a few freak mutations, and we started stealing other animal's pelts to go where we were never meant to live. Some men figured out how to till the soil, others learned how to predict the eclipse, gathering the tribes under the guise of a connection to the divine, mysterious forces of the world. We fed the masses, built walls no beast could climb. Forged weapons of bronze, then iron, then steel. Our cannons ringed through the night louder than any longbow.

I could go on, but the point is that the fact that we ever got this far i through a lot of accidents, and a lot of willpower. Its nice to think someone was helping, and watching over us. That any of these means something to anyone but us.

We are the only ones that care what happens to this little rock delicately balanced on the point where it can sustain life. It could all end from a freak accident just as quickly as it began.

We made up those rules, and morals. Nobody brought them to us. We said that you could not kill a man, or steal his bread. A group of men wrote those words, and we carried them because we wanted to believe in them.

No all mighty figure is going to bring justice to those who have wronged you. Nothing happened as a part of any grand plan, it happened either on accident, or because a person made it happen.

>TL;DR : God does not exist. Humans are the only intelligent life anywhere near earth. Life means something because we want it to.
>>
File: 1419976255995.jpg (57 KB, 554x709) Image search: [Google]
1419976255995.jpg
57 KB, 554x709
>>78616229
Longcat protects.
>>
>>78621082

You clearly don't understand physics because you compared how the universe came to be how it is currently to someone making a sandwich.

Nothing you say about physics anyone should take seriously because you don't know what you're talking about and you've proven that.

If you actually understand origin theories you wouldn't be making such incredible allusions to try and explain your nonsense.
>>
>>78620377
I'm sure there must be a formal refutation to this (I'm not a fedora though).

We can't think about potential and causes and changes at the very beginning of the universe because spacetime itself "spawned" somehow and it is beyond our reasoning. It is beyond our third brain circuit, so to speak.
>>
>>78620888

Not sure what the fuck you're even trying to say except the part about me posting a lot in this thread. Please organize your thoughts.
>>
>>78621082

This must be bait right?

>>78621129

I guess you are right in a sense but when we consider the "evidence of absence" as well as the "absence of evidence" we can safely conclude that god has already ran out of places big enough to hide a god.

Much like a doctor who scans your body and doesn't find cancer can safely say that you don't have cancer without checking every cell under a microscope.
>>
>>78621240
Bullshit. the very dna you have in your body as is, is the most complicated purposeful information ever. It has well over three billion tiers of purposeful information, windows ten has well over forty three million lines of purposeful information and that took decades, thousands of people, lots of money and tens of thousands of hours, and know hows and technologies. as is humanity with purposeful technology cannot replicate human dna nor create life but you're of he mind that random bumping, brownian motion did just that.

ALL WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL OBSERVABLE TESTABLE PROOF. Post bacteria evolving or some such shit i will find you and stick you with a needle. Unless of course you have proof we evolved from bacteria then no, showing bacteria changing is only proof bacteria can change as they were MADE to do.

show an amino acid become a fish unto a man and all other creatures OR IT IS FANTASY FOREVERMORE.

that's all rhetorical because there is no proof. You atheist are some of the sickest trolls there ever were, surpassed by Satan, if that even.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
Christians make it hard for themselves when they try to claim that God (sacred) is the answer to scientific (profane) questions. The Creator is the origin of the laws and fabric of the universe. religion is about a group of people using their own la gauge and customs to attempt to venerate the divine (the creator) as well as to understand their place as individuals within the world. Science tries to figure out how laws and processes have caused the universe to develop over time- you don't need to fill in any gaps with God because God is above and prior to what is physical.
>>
File: 1458696422259.jpg (295 KB, 1190x765) Image search: [Google]
1458696422259.jpg
295 KB, 1190x765
>believing that nothing is responsible for everything
ayy. What a sad and pointless existence that must be.
>>
>>78615001
But that has nothing to do with whether God is real or not. 'purpose' is manmade. The purpose of life is whatever you ascribe the purpose to be.
>>
>>78613967
>What is his problem?
Stupid people. I mean, just look at half the replies in this: verbose ignoramancy.
>>
>>78621637

I agree.

Just like to point out science isn't perfect, it's possible to miss Cancer, there are documented cases of this.

But i do lean towards agreeing with you, burden of proof is very important, because it has to be.
>>
>>78620888

My reply didn't ignore the fact that anon never implied his life was meaningless. My reply didn't imply that anon implied his life was meaningless. My reply had nothing to do with meaninglessness.

My reply was a rephrased repetition of the same sentiment (KYS).

I should kill myself because life is meaningless (IE: there's no God or predestination, therefore life is meaningless)

He should kill himself (on accident) because life IS MEANINGFUL, and the ostensible MEANING of life is to get it over with so you can be with God for the rest of eternity.

It was just me repeating his same, silly, purposefully farcical argument with the theist spin applied. Get it?
>>
>>78621389
All of Aquina's five ways boil down to
*****God is totes excempt from this breh*****
Also even if you were to concede that a God does exists, you still have no reason to believe it is the one from the bible.
>>
>>78621389

Once again back to turtles...

And what I mean by turtles is

IF GOD MADE EVERYTHING, WHO MADE GOD?

Once you have an infinite number of gods making gods you realize that the real answer is none.
>>
>>78616738
Also, if you worked in science as an actual scientist (as opossed to a big-bang-theory baboozzzaaa kind of researcher) you'd find that the prevailing standard at which all current science is done is incredibly lame.

I know it's a meme song written by retards but right after the "fucking magnets, how do they work?" there's "And I don't want to talk to no scientist, they are all fucking lying and getting me pissed"... that's actually quite true.

Some of the most retarded people I've ever met in my life are actually graduates from MIT and Harvard. They've coauthored Nature and Science papers on bioinformatics, yet they see the Linux terminal as something from another world. How's that possible? Because their fucking analyses were done through a fucking program that opens up a big bright button which says "Click here to perform you analysis", also, that software is usually on a $20,000/year license.

The most striking example I encountered was some idiot woman I've met at Max Planck. I was showing her a graph that I made with a MATLAB script and she wanted to see things here and there, I was basically the fucking interface between his brain and the computer mouse. I told her I could just send her the script and she could open it and explore (it literally is "double-click this file"). She told me, I shit you now, "Oh no anon, I couldn't do that. I'm not qualified to operate MATLAB. Thankfully we have you here atm." I have never, in my entire life, went to a class or something related to a qualification to "operate" MATLAB, whatever that fucking shit means.

Every time I hear someone from outside saying something like "scientists say it so it must be true" I immediately think of how fucking pathetic their existence is, being told what to do by people who don't have a better idea of what they're doing themselves. Oh yeah, "but at least I don't believe in magical creatures that live in heaven, ha ha ha, am I rite guys??? XD".
>>
>>78620734
There were notable atheists in Medieval times.

You've got the pop-physicist, who unironically believes in AI.

Turing is pretty based.

Franklin is cool.

A pedophile liar who used prisoner-stats to extrapolate about the general population.

Soviet nuke scientist

Patent thief/discount Tesla

And a smart psychologist who was an idiot on most other subjects.

Yeah, I'll take my group.
>>
>>78621356
Yup!
>>
>>78620088
He said it while talking about bill oreilly and Richard Dawkins.

Idiot.
>>
>>78620734
>(((Kinsey)))
>(((Freud)))
>"""scientists"""
>>
File: 1382101506346.jpg (65 KB, 577x725) Image search: [Google]
1382101506346.jpg
65 KB, 577x725
>>78613967

Seems to me like the church of fedora is always coming around to what the creator originally claimed.
>>
>>78621971
Am I bearing witness to an actual Mexican Intellectual?
>>
>>78621971

>comparing science as a discipline to lab monkies

lol
>>
>>78613967
God didn't stop his plagiarism from being made apparent.
>>
>>78621982

okay.

Literally no reason to point out how many of the "scientists" you listed barely qualify and did a lot of nonsense because you're under the impression you're already correct.
>>
>>78621982

Franklin was a deist. I guess that makes him not a theist. And depending on who you ask, that would make him an atheist. But generally speaking, there's still a difference between a deist and an atheist.
>>
>>78621960
calm down ya ras il ayr. Do you not understand the concept of being eternal? Lay of that hasheesh and realise that there's an intelligence responsible for the near perfect conditions that govern our existence.
>>
>>78621910
>no reason to believe
Jesus told us
in the Bible

And he lived what he preached, and died for it
>>
>>78620113
Fatima is proof.
>>
>>78621637
>Because we already know 80%+ of everything that exists.

I can't tell if retarded or just ignorant.
>>
>>78621711
>The Creator is the origin of the laws and fabric of the universe.
the idea that the creator and creation are separate is an illusion

>Science tries to figure out how laws
ejecting the lawmaker for a "fully automatic" universe but keeping the law, physics, biology and chemistry are another trinity

both these law obsessed viewpoints fail to approach the concept of God,
God is an actor or he plays the universe into existence
there is no difference between the game and the player
>>
>>78622173

i just listed 8, theres an entire wikipedia page of them.

Point is saying all great scientists were Christians is just plain false.
>>
>>78613967
Thing is...he believes in the theory that we all exist within an uber advanced alien supercomputer simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs
>>
>>78613967
He obviously lacks an understanding of God and Science. Poor guy, I pity him.
>>
>>78613967
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>>
>>78622337
I don't think you know what a "scientist" is, or what an "argument" is either...
>>
>>78622386
Really makes you think huh...
>>
>>78622193

This is sad... I could cherry pick lines out of George RR Martin and correlate them to things to make a point as well but that doesn't actually work in the big boy world.

I bet you think global warming is a lie, Jesus rode a dinosaur and donald trump is actually a conservative.
>>
>>78622387
It was a lie started by some children who broke curfew. Even the "news" stories that preceded it were lies.
>>
>>78622452
this. My undertsanding of God does not correlate with his. He has no understanding so he can never believe the driving force of my faith.
>>
File: brow1.jpg (70 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
brow1.jpg
70 KB, 200x260
>>78622401
>physics, biology and chemistry are another trinity
>>
>>78618924
>burden of proof
>religion has been around way longer than modernized scientific study yet the burden of proof is on the religion to prove itself instead of the science to disprove the religion
>>
>>78622527

Not arguing with you.

Nice strawman though.
>>
>>78621971
>worked psych lab running matlab experiments
>create arbitrary boring computer game
>collect data
>make arbitrary changes to the sample size, take or add a second or two to certain conditions, increase screen size by 1cm, etc
>wait for a statistically significant result
>prepare method and results section
>professor speculates wildly on how this is an evolved trait in intro and discussion
>publish paper, repeat

I am in the acknowledgment of a dozen papers. I lost my faith in science that year, at least in psychology
>>
>>78622337

Pretty obvious he was being sarcastic, no?
>>
>>78622584

False equivalence.
>>
>>78615001
Dawkins/Black Science Man/Harris are to atheism what fundamentalist baptists in the backwoods are to Christianity
>>
>>78621240
Being an atheist does not make you a scientist, mate.

Tell me, without confirmation one way or the other regarding the existence of God, wouldn't the statement "God does not exist" be a belief?

The problem with atheists is that they tend to confuse the concept of a creator with some sort of organized religion. Believe me when I say that the concept of a creator is not necessarily a religious one; in my case, I approach said concept through a series of logical progression. Without the sculptor, a statue does not carve itself. This statement is not about evolution, rather about creation.

That brings us to the central question, the very root of all questions: what is reality? Reality follows a basic set of laws and rules, obviously, but why do they exist? Order implies intelligence. That leads to a logical paradox, however; what created God?

If there is a God, then he has always existed. If there is no God, then the underlying laws of reality have always existed. Both are illogical, and impossible... so where do we come from? You can also assume that the true nature of existence is above our perception - the problem with that is this: from a materialistic standpoint, what could possibly be above our perception?

>Agnosticism is the one and only rational, logical standpoint. "I don't know" is a more sound standing point than belief one way or the other - think about reality, ponder it, but don't make conclusions
>>
>>78622199
I'm working on a modified form of concrete which would allow us to deliver the wall at a fraction of the projected cost. Then we plan to spend the surplus money in beers and mariachi.

>>78622203
Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>78622575
"It was all lies!"

Is not an argument.
>>
>>78621711
well how, you've just out done yourself haven't you. Not saying God but you'd be hard pressed to even dream of saying Someone smarter than us and better than us didn't do it for all things you've observed that's remotely complex and purposeful was made by us. To say otherwise would be hypocritical

>>78621960
.See my above statement, liar liar pants on fire; at the very least you have no choice but to admit some one more complex and powerful than us, did it. To say otherwise would mean that your sandwich and your bed should have the wherewithal to self make. I think eventually you atheist are going to see just how stupid a self making universe is and claim that in some far off future we made ourselves.
>>
File: holyshitaflyingmachine.jpg (419 KB, 662x430) Image search: [Google]
holyshitaflyingmachine.jpg
419 KB, 662x430
The fact that /pol/ is still arguing whether an ethereal sky father exists is a testament to how backwards and retarded this board is. The Bible is a myth, get your shit together
>>
>>78622651

When it comes to Christians...no, it's not easy to tell sorry.
>>
File: 1417732418805.jpg (8 KB, 216x209) Image search: [Google]
1417732418805.jpg
8 KB, 216x209
>>78616757
>He probably starts up irrelevant conversation when having sex like "fun fact do you know we are made of stars?
>>
>>78621356
Praise longcat
>>
>>78622614
I don't think you know what a strawman is either...
>>
>>78613967
He is a nigger, that's his problem
>>
File: immunity cat.jpg (98 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
immunity cat.jpg
98 KB, 600x828
>>78616229
>>
>>78622361

Lol knowing 3 words in a foreign language and then making an argument from ignorance is such hamburger logic.

The god of the gaps is dead buddy.

Oh by the way I spent 8 years in the US doing my undergrad and masters and I know for a fact that the education in most states is not shitty enough for you to be this intellectually gimped.
>>
>>78622692

What is burden of proof?
>>
>>78622711
It was a lie exposed dummy. It's not even debatable.
>>
File: HAHAHAjpg.jpg (12 KB, 236x226) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAjpg.jpg
12 KB, 236x226
>>78616229
YOU CANT TOUCH THIS
>>
>>78622562
>I could cherry pick lines out of George RR Martin and correlate them to things to make a point as well
by all means do so. Can you cherry pick when george rr martin preicted the destruction of tyre or the return of the jews to Jerusalem as well? Among literally hundreds of other correct prophecies? Just coincidences huh Abou ziki?
>>
File: 1465767247566.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1465767247566.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>78620734
>Stephan Hawking
>Scientist
>>
>>78622707

I actually do, I've studied at a university for years, under various different types of scientists, i can tell the difference between a lab monkey and a doctor doing his own research.
>>
>>78622836
literally atheists getting mad that they cant disprove religion so they created a term in science called "burden of proof" and applied it to religion saying "lol well your religion doesnt exist until you prove it exists what now christians haha *dib dib dib :D*"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>78621646
I can give you the full course on every step of the way on the theory of evolution. I can show you a great deal of case studies, I can point to carrots, I can point to albinos. I can point to the differences between humans around the world. That won't convince you of anything. You have a bulletproof argument in the claim that a all powerful, and all knowing being orchestrated all of these events, and is controlling even my own actions at this very second. I hope you know that you are not a Christian, Muslim or a Jew though. Nowhere in any of these holy texts does it attribute omnipotence to your one true god. They all reference him as being a being of great power, but none claim that he controls everything. The closest you have to that is the whole judging your life thing, which mind you does not equate to being all powerful, just being able to see what someone did after they die. Moving on from that sticky point there, how do you expect anyone to disprove your claim if you are going to refute any findings made? Your mention of how complicated DNA is made to be is a bit off. We actually have recorded the entity of a great number of people's DNA. Its complicated, sure. Though there is a hell of a lot more code, and information floating around on the net. Keep in mind that windows 10 is a operating system that is meant to be compatible with a lot of stuff, and while complicated, is not anywhere near the sheer number of information people have made. There is no way to convince you if you are just going to say that a omnipotent all powerful figure made the universe, and made all this fake evidence last Tuesday for fun.
>>
>>78615926
This mang
I swear fucking theists think we fucking chose to see things objectively. You can't change your beliefs about something and very little other than basically god coming down and doing something pretty undeniable would change my beliefs. It would be so comforting to "know" there is a god instead of knowing that all religion is most likely bullshit.
>>
>>78622759
Classic atheist elitism
>>
>>78622792

>erects another strawman

whatever you say anon. I'm not interested in arguing with you.
>>
>>78622886
When did this happen?

Got any sources?
>>
>>78618682
The tooth fairy can't be logically established by Aristotelian metaphysics. Even if Aristotle/Aquinas are wrong, brushing away the argument without any study is ignorant.
>>
File: 1389195165405.jpg (17 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1389195165405.jpg
17 KB, 205x205
>>78622953
>burden of proof is a conspiracy by scientists against Christians
>>
>>78622826
that's not an argument. 7ash tetmanyak and provide a real argument ya ibn il sharmoota.
>>
File: 12345.png (350 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
12345.png
350 KB, 1440x900
>Atheists think they have it rough
Can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1448329834454.png (2 MB, 702x1902) Image search: [Google]
1448329834454.png
2 MB, 702x1902
>>78616382
>>78622803
>>
>>78622953

No, it's literally a fundamental concept that you can't ignore.
>>
He wishes he was white but he'll always be a nigger.
>>
lol science needs to updates its books and shit every year acting like they know everything then going back on their findings all like "You know hat thing we laughed at you for challenging, turns out it wasn't right so we fixed it". The motherfuckers don't even know basic shit about our body or brain, but yeah, they know for a fact that god doesn't exist. Please, science is full of pseudo intelligent bitches. The bible doesn't need a fucking volume 2, that shit is on lock, straight truth whether you like it or not.

Science one day maybe in thousands of years will be able to study the moment the universe was created and will be all "Shit how did we get the universe from nothing"? Duh bumblefucks, somebody created something out of nothing, a creator, a god. Science is just going to get to the same conclusion just so much later than believers.
>>
File: you-are-awesome.jpg (39 KB, 630x877) Image search: [Google]
you-are-awesome.jpg
39 KB, 630x877
>>78618919
>>
File: pilot pepe.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
pilot pepe.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>78613967
Start trolling his Twitter by roleplaying as an Islamist and calling him an infidel who has insulted Allah and the Prophet.
>>
>>78622692

You apparent definition of "atheism" seems to preclude the possibility of an agnostic atheist.

If that's the case, the issue here is merely the fact that the definition of "atheism" is hazy.

I consider myself an atheist for no other reason than I do not positively affirm the existence of God, whereas my counterpart, the theist, positively affirms the existence of God.

I require no certainty to withhold this positive affirmation. I am an atheist until the very moment that I see theism demonstrated as true.
>>
>>78615926
Do you get shit for being an atheist in real life? Literally the only place where that's a problem is on /pol/ or at my 92 year old grandmother's house.
>>
>>78622897

Tyre was destroyed dozens of times so yeah that was easy

Jews returned to Jerusalem was wishful thinking.

Now tell about all those predictions that didn't happen....

Oh wait they didn't happen yet right?

I just need to be patient.

Listen if it gives you comfort then by all means believe what you want but don't act like the rest of us are the ignorant ones for not following your circular logic.
>>
>>78623049
see you point it out and question it
>>78623100
and this happens
>>
Atheists are bullies, they won't accept God and let his laws rule over them
>>
>>78623020

Not really, I've just seen some absurd claims so i assume nothing.
>>
>>78622615
It is a very tedious process, but those in /sci/ say they get their kicks from speculating with like minded people

I think that's the actual scientist, the exchange of ideas and methods, only you need to do the actual data mining yourself, even if some asshole publishes some whimsical theory that has peculiar weak spots for more funding
>>
>>78622615
It's the same thing in bio/pharma (I'm there), physics (have friends there) and math (ever met a mathematician that tells you "you wouldn't understand what I do", well he's not doing anything really, aside from leveling up a WoW character in school time).

Everyone that's in the field with a bare minimum amount of grey matter realizes, sooner or later, that science is just a facade for milking out grant money. It's the "better" alternative to just looking for a 9-to-5 job in a real context.
>>
>>78613967
There is a thing called Militant Atheism. It happened during the Soviet Union and is illustrated very plainly in the communist texts. Religion is the first to go. All cultural repercussions of the 60s. Stalin would be proud.
>>
>>78623180
It's seriously like satire that you don't see the stupidity in this.
>>
>>78623034
>Keeps using the word strawman, even though I never tried to recast his argument, or even said what I thought his argument was, or in any way addressed his argument other than to give a rebuttal.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't know what "strawman" means.
>>
>>78622757
the big bang and the magical amino acid of life is the real fantasy here m8. show us your god, the big bang and prove to us as to why more hasn't arrived from the nowhere where the first came from. show us amino acid molecules bumping about to form dna and a trillion variations of life. show us a amino acid become a fish and a fish becoming a man in an unbreakable chain of one creature changing both genetically and skeletally.

Oh wait you can't because it's all fantasy and make believe. Try harder atheist.

Please, try again.
>>
>>78623180

>look i'm trolling!
>>
>>78623120
An atheist is someone who knows that there is no God.
>theist is the opposite
Agnostic is someone who says I don't know.

One way or the other, without concrete evidence for or against god, your opinion rests on belief whether you want it to or not
>>
>>78620367
Not even the good Greeks. Some pre-Socratics and Epicurus were materialists/atheists, but Socrates/Plato/Aristotle were key influences on later theists
>>
>>78623243

There are videos of Degrasse Tyson repudiating the term "atheist" and claiming to be an agnostic, so I think you may be referring to someone else.
>>
>>78616229
>>78623092
>>
>>78622923
>Ratio of real, intelligent scientists to lab monkeys with PhD: 1:1,000,000. Prob. less.

If you truly were part of this you'd knew.
>>
>>78623328

You keep making strawmen, hoping i knock them down, but i wont.

I'm just glad you're out of the conversation, if that keeps you in a deadlock of trying to troll me I'm fine with it because I'm positive you have nothing intelligent or valuable to offer this conversation based purely on the nonsense you keep repeating..
>>
>>78622532
It's true!

Or you can listen to the new hip prophet
https://youtu.be/-MXCCrxsWWQ
>>
>>78623106
she's a real pretty girl, mang. If she saw me though, she'd probablyshit herself and run. i'm tall and big, and blacker than shit and uglier than sin.
>>
>>78623167
Tyre was not destroyed dozens of times fagtron it was displaced and conquered.
>Jews returning to jerusalem was wishful thinking
Actually in the old hebrew texts its listed as fact not "hope". Therefore to raise the possibility of "lol they were just hoping for it" then by that same extent we must also raise that possiblity to every other piece of literature.
>>78623314
you completely neuter the atheist when you tell them that the burden of proof is on the argument not the defender. christianity has been around longer than modern science, its on science to disprove christianity not the other way around.
>>78623346
>not an argument
>>
>>78622605
The scientific method is simply a method of inquiry. It is not inherently at odds with religion.
>>
>claim oto move an amazing atheist
>can't even explain how the universe was created

Wow you guys sure are smart
>>
>>78623458

i do know, i can tell the difference. I'm telling you anon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.