[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lingua Franca of the Future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: lingua-franca-5.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
lingua-franca-5.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
Okay poll, what will be the language of the future by 2100?
>I would say Spanish, but only if Latin America can get its shit together?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10561426/r
>>
I would also say still English but I think the Anglosphere will lose a grip on the world in the future
>>
English is easy to learn and use, I see no reason to replace it.
>>
>>78258237
Oh it'll clearly be English you fuckin pogue
>>
>>78258237
australian
>>
File: 1436124256719.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1436124256719.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
SANS LINGUA FRANCA
THE WORLD WILL BE TORN ASUNDER
>>
>>78258237
>not realising everyone will speak bulgarian in 20 years

top wew
>>
>>78259499
fuckin oath strewth cunt, fair dinkum
>>
shit we'll have subtitled vision by then. maybe even a graphical thing that will make it look like you're not talking to me in shit speak.
>>
>>78258237
I think it should be english; easy language.
Spanish can fuck you up with its verb conjugation and multiple rule exceptions.
>>
>>78261224
English is a language based around rule exeptions, I don't think that's a good argument for "the ease of english". However, that's irrelevant, as the língua franca is the language of the world power, not the language that is easiest to learn. Thus, if anglos get BTFO, it either be mandarin or spanish.
>>
>>78258237
It's probably too late to dislodge English as the global language, no matter what happens to the Anglo countries. The only way it could happen is if a country like China manages to establish total global hegemony, which isn't very likely. It isn't enough to simply be the most powerful nation on earth, in order to achieve the kind of dominance English has it'd have to be more powerful than every other nation on Earth put together (which is the position the Anglosphere was in around 1950).

There are already non-Anglo countries where basically everyone speaks English as a second language (i.e. Sweden), and a huge number of countries have English as an official secondary language.. English IS the global lingua franca. It's happened, it's done. Even if all the Anglo countries disappeared tomorrow English would probably continue to be used (don't forget, Latin was used as a Lingua Franca for over a thousand years after the Roman Empire fell)
>>
>>78262132
Why spanish?
Because lots of favela monkeys speak it?
>>
>>78263014
>gloryfied hieroglyph language
>pedophilic cartoon creator

Looks like favela monkeys > a fucking red dot
>>
>>78263014
>>78263368
please, guys, don't fight.

You're both inferior to English
>>
>>78258237
Inshallah, it will be arabic
>>
>>78262934
/thread

Feels good man
>>
>>78263368
>not knowing most JP flags on here are proxies
>>
>>78263944
>implying they aren't english teachers and servicemen
>>
>>78264413
that too.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (106 KB, 922x960) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
106 KB, 922x960
>>78262132

English has been already hugely latinazed thanks to the Church and Guillaume le Conquérant/its aristocraty.
Even in Russia the nobility learned french during the XVIIIth and XIXth century, a lot of the URSS officials spoke french too, it was the official language of the nobility/diplomacy until the rise of USA.

Anyway Spanish is not that distant from english, both can be learned with ease but the second one already enforced its presence in a lot of domains (notably in science and high tech fields).
>>
look at the flags posting.

look at the language they already speak with sound proficiency.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.