[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how trust worthy is this site? redpill me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: PolitiFact.com_logo.png (19 KB, 194x46) Image search: [Google]
PolitiFact.com_logo.png
19 KB, 194x46
how trust worthy is this site? redpill me.
>>
>>78209961
Leans heavily liberal in the way they label misinformation. Factcheck.org is better
>>
Trustworthy but with a strong leftist bias to the point where it harms the quality of their content.

Still worth checking on.
>>
File: 1416859925502.jpg (607 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1416859925502.jpg
607 KB, 4500x4334
>>78209961
>(((politifact)))
>>
>>78210149
>>78210137
are there examples of this left-leaning?
>>
File: TtLRFof.jpg (293 KB, 1666x1853) Image search: [Google]
TtLRFof.jpg
293 KB, 1666x1853
>>78210295
just fucking ask for it to be spoonfed to you
>>
>>78209961
Left wing site with mission to spin news in order to promote left wing candidates
The site is owned by the Tampa Bay Times, which in turn is managed by career newspaper journalists working for an academic institute
Every single person involved in running the institute and Politifact is mainstream media left wing activist
>>
>>78210573
the little blurb under the rating is from the actual website? Yeah, seems unbiased to me.

thanks anon.

>>78210722
>working for an academic institute
which one? how deep does that hole go?
>>
>>78210573
This. It's pretty clear they're not unbiased, and will handwave away any inaccuracies made by liberal American politicians while dragging conservative politicians across hot coals for being slightly out
>>
File: trump truth.jpg (724 KB, 1500x4255) Image search: [Google]
trump truth.jpg
724 KB, 1500x4255
>>78209961
No, it's leftist propaganda.
>>
>>78210573
6 possibly 7 kikes on staff
>>
>>78210137
>Factcheck.org
Very left leaning
Fully funded by Annenberg Foundation
Annenberg was one of most conservative men in America
Left his wealth to foundation, set up rules to keep his commie son out and maintain conservative views
Left Wingers hated seeing a major conservative foundation like this, set up court case where commie son challenged fathers will and took over foundation
Now exclusively used to promote hard core left wing politics
Annenberg is basically a 2nd Soros now
Annenberg funded Obama during his Chicago years, he was "CEO" of one of their operations
>>
It's decent, but not great. The rating system is shitty. Should be numeric rather than the "mostly" bullshit.

That's where most of the bias lies. They will label it mostly true is they like it, mostly false is they hate it, or half true if they can't get away spinning it.

Pretty much everything that comes out of a politician's mouth is a half truth/exaggeration.
>>
>>78211038
>>working for an academic institute
>which one? how deep does that hole go?

Tampa Bay Times founder left the paper and money in will to found institute
The Institute, paper, and politifact are all divisions of a single property run by a single board of directors
Board is comprised of professional journalist and journalism professors
Board is as hard core left wing as last statement would lead you to expect
>>
>>78211435
Almost all the major American foundations are pozzed as fuck (i.e. Ford, Carnegie etc).

I'm surprised conservatives haven't bothered attacking them since the '50s
>>
File: 1461761344259.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1461761344259.png
141 KB, 439x290
>>78210573
>completely made up but Basically accurate

People actually fall for this
>>
>>78210573
that pic is retarded

you can only be telling the truth or outright lying. what is this half true, mostly true bs?
>>
File: 1461901597814.jpg (86 KB, 550x216) Image search: [Google]
1461901597814.jpg
86 KB, 550x216
>>78209961
I've seen screen caps that I believed were edited to be satire, I was horrified to learn they were untouched
>>
>>78209961
>Leans heavily liberal in the way they label misinformation.
You've been fooled again.

Like most of you fucking retards, Trump fell for the Birther nonsense. Rather than own up to your catastrophic cognitive failure, now you're pretending the folks who set the record straight are the bad guys.

Grow up, grow a pair and stop falling for the obvious propaganda.
>>
>>78209961
PolitiFact misleads with their name like the Federal Reserve.
>>
>>78210573

The first Obama fact-check?

"The Census Bureau, which tracks annual wages, found women who worked full-time, year-round in 2012 made 77 cents for every dollar men earned across the country -- a percentage in line with what it’s been for the last few years. This comparison includes all male and female workers regardless of occupation."

The first Cruz factcheck?

“Look, these guys are so nutty that the federal government is going after school districts, trying to force them to let boys shower with little girls,” Cruz responded.

The reason Cruz lied is because (1) the federal government was not forcing schools to allow boy to shower with girls as he claimed, (2) transgender and gender reassigned (i.e.dickless trannies) don't have all the equipment of boys, and they were the plaintiffs in the federal lawsuits.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2015/dec/04/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-incorrectly-says-obama-forcing-boys-and-g/

If you are incapable of critical thinking, if you have poor cognitive skills, if objectivity is the bane of your existence, then of course you're going to fall for whatever pleases your confirmation bias. But your abject stupidity doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>78213781
Trump had a wrong notion therefore Politifact is accurate in all things they rate
Wow, you're really bad at relationships, aren't you?
>>
>>78213781
I've hated Politifact for years for a wide range of things, the birther thing was never a factor. They're just typical mainstream media liars trying to claw back credibility by declaring whatever they claim to be a "fact." Check out their handling of the rapefugee situation.
>>
>>78213781
>Trump had a wrong notion therefore Politifact is accurate in all things they rate
Wow, you're really bad at relationships, aren't you?
>>78214973
>if you chop your dick off, you become a girl
Get a load of this guy. Critical thinking, huh?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.